The dreaded C word

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gazmog

What have you reluctantly had to cancel recently?

The non exclusive Han and Luke figures have had to be sacrificed. :(

I haven't cancelled anything, just working overtime to cover these. I made the mistake last year when they were shipping a lot of things at once. I had spent more than I wanted to at one time and cancelled the RWOS!!!!:poke :bang2 :thwak >:

Exclusive GG had to be culled.:rolleyes

In the cold light of day was too large to display & expensive and the film character was weaker than I expected. I may stick to OT characters anyway.

Also keeping LOTR rider statues so couldn't run to the general also.

On the upside, pre-ordered Obi One exclusive to go with Vader Exclusive.

That ain't the dreaded C word................cracked or chipped is!!! :thud :thud :thud

I've cancelled nothing, but I've sold a bunch of stuff from my collection to get what I really want. I think that's my preferred route over a straight cancellation. Several items I have on order are worth far more than their MSRP. It's different for Americans than Europeans, since we don't have to deal with high shipping and VAT. We can see a piece in person, and then sell it for pretty much the same amount (or more in some cases) if we don't like it.

yeah i had to cancel the luke because i didnt really have the money for it and im really hoping to see a ROTJ luke soon anyways

I just did the math and I have $7,884.27 on preorder. :rock

Anybody got that beat (besides Gruson ;) )

That doesn't even count the 2 Obi-Wan EE's or the SWShop exclusive Clone Helmet that I'm ordering. Did I mention that I'm not working right now? I'm sure that half of this stuff (at least) will wind up on Ebay.

LOL Elwood.

I know P1X from statue forum has us both beat.

I don't even want to know how much I have on order right now....

Just Sideshow? Hmm....a couple thousand....

But all together with Master Replicas and other high-end and collectibles lines....
Dude, I got that so beat....it is making me sick even to think about it! :sick

I just did the math and I have $7,884.27 on preorder.
Ok, now I don't feel so bad. I don't have that much on preorder. Thanks for making me feel better!!:lol

I ended up cancelling all of my MR preorders, and my GG Vader statue, SS LOTR Sauron and Eowyn. Think I can pretty much swing everything else. I hope so anyway.

SS LOTR Sauron

:google Are you mad? That's just about the last thing I would cancel.:lol

In regard to my preorder total, I'm a "hunter" under Lasher's definition, so I've always been one to get the best deals by buying and selling.

I learned this was the best course of action when I first started buying DVD's in '98. I actually remember ordering 3 DVD's with a coupon where Amazon PAID ME to take them.:lol

I'm taking the same strategy with my statue collection, and will sell most of the really valuable stuff that I don't really want. (I'm looking at you Luke EE:lol )

Actually I soon as I got the UC Sauron's helm, I had been entertaining the thought of cancelling the statue. The UC piece is a dynamic enough presence in my collection. Of course, I also figured if I regretted the descision later, which so far I haven't, I should be able to pick one up for a great deal when it finally releases.

Such are the descisions to make when one collects so many different genres from so many different companies and still trying to take care of 4 kids. :google

3 kids here.

But so far cancelled
Angel Exclusive figure
Oz con and exclusive figure
Hellboy con figure (although Iam getting him for a member here:rock so not really canned but gave him up)

Im also thinking about cancelling the Pippin statue.

re

No kids yet, but already in debt to the tune of £6K ($10, 400) from university loans alone.

My orders as they stand are:

Maquettes: Anakin, Grievous & Barriss/Luminara
1/4: Vader Exc, Grievous Exc, Ben Exc, Han & Luke Exc
Kong: 2 lithos & the fight statue
Koto: ROTS clonetrooper, Vader #2, Maul & any other new ones.
GG: Yoda & Vader mini-busts
SSW: Sauron statue, Weathertop & Amon Hen

Re: re

Im also thinking about cancelling the Pippin statue.

Na, don't cancel Pip. 3 good reasons to keep it. Relatively cheap, a relatively low ES at 2,000, the only weta Pip we will ever see. :vik

I just did the math and I have $7,884.27 on preorder

on preorder??? man i thought i was crazy because i just randomly bought the darth sidious lightsaber from MR. i think i might have $1500 on preorder status, but the good thing is they areall spread out--- GG scout trooper on speeder bike, SS han, SS general grievous, SS obi wan.

but then again i have house, car, and other utilities to pay for.

on preorder???

Yep. You must not collect LOTR also, because between that the SW 1/4's, and SW Master Replicas, it's easy to get into the 7-10K range (Hell, the AT-AT SE and Cinemaquette pieces are 1-1.5K just by themselves).

It would be cool to have a thread where everyone could list what they have on preorder and you could edit your post in the thread to keep track of everything you have coming. I'll post what I've got coming sometime.

Back