Custom Liv Tyler as Arwen 1:6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dracul75

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I have started to collect Kumik and Hot Toys figures a few months ago. I love LOTR/Hobbit movies and I have decided to get some main characters. I was so sad to discover there are no good 1:6 figures of Arwen, Elrond or Galadriel, three of my favourite elven characters in the movies. I have bought the kumik Liv Tyler's head to make my own Arwen figure. As I was a bit disappointed with the original painting, I decided to make some changes in the make-up to make her more accurate. I have also added a black wig and re-sculpted the ears. Now I'm happy with the result.
The body, wig and headsculpt are from Kumik, the coronation gown is from Mattel.

22008312281_aade062039_k.jpg
21811571639_3e29a53ebd_m.jpg

21811802829_6379fab792_z.jpg

I would not have guessed that the original was Liv Tyler, but your repaint is killer.

That looks good. Hoping Asmus produces and Arwen for its LotR line. But this at least shows that a nice custom is also possible.

Thank you so much for your very nice comments guys ! I'll make some accessories for her, like her evenstar necklace, I'll take other pics when I'll be done. I'm also working on a custom Galadriel. Unfortunately, the body and the head are painted in a slightly different color. Dear **16k**, if you have this head, maybe you can tell me what body fits for her ? I think the body I used is a bit too dark and too much skinny for Liv Tyler :-/
Thanks for helping !
21986119506_0b396967b5_z.jpg

Hi Dracul,

I'm afraid this series of head was sculpted with the first edition Kumik body, slightly yellowish in color. Other than that, you'll only find approximations, nothing that perfectly matches. To my knowledge at least!

BTW, what wig did you use?

Thank you for your answer ! I have bought the 2.5 female body, hope it will fit to her... I used the black curly wig you can easily find on ebay.
$_12.JPG

Superb!

I bought a few Kumiks but gave up on them, I found them to be a bit undersized and pricey, with poor paint job.

I don't know if you will like the Kumik 2.0, and I don't know if it will match your repainted job any better. If you don't plan on putting anything in her hands it might suffice, but if you want her to hold something forget it. The 2.0s are absolute crap. The wrist peg is actually just glued to the end of the rubber skin of the arm, it isn't attached to anything... like an arm. I don't know what Kumik was thinking in this type of design, but it makes the body useless, unless there's a way to change out the arms.

Wow, that looks great! Excellent job on the repaint - you have really brought out her likeness! :)

Thank you guys ! Still waiting for my 2.5 body and Evenstar necklace to complete the set.
22153599481_b5f57e2c22_z.jpg

Dear **16k**, here are pics of my custom Arwen with the 2.5 kumik body which fits much better.
25393113254_e3cccdd6eb_z.jpg25396508393_701770e96e_z (1).jpg

Back