Will someone make props again like MR did with the lightsabers hilt in case etc?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sith_lords

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello all,

Luke-ANH-015_small.jpg

This is something that I've wanted for quite some time but these are way too expensive right now to acquire.

Do you all think someone will take the task of doing something like this once again? We have so many SW movies coming in the future that it could be possible. Anyone heard anything in regards to props like this?

Thanks

MR is no more. EFX got the license and EFX sleeps the long sleep. Your choices so far are:

1. go for the old MR ones (prices are quite high and on some will be higher due to the new SW movies hype, plus some sabers with t-track grips might start having sticky issues)
2. get the very few EFX lightsabers made (again high prices on some)
3. there are a few Icons sabers too - not too accurate, but stil lvery nice
4. go for some Force FX ones (some are very cool, pretty similar and accurate to the props like Vader sabers, others are less accurate like Obi ANH or Luke ROTJ - wide necks)
5. go fan made (Romans, Parks etc.) superb replicas, and in most cases more accurate than MR, Icons or EFX
6. go for the real deal (Graflex, MPP etc. conversions) - the most accurate option
7. maybe someone else will take the TFA license for sabers, we'll see

Yea, I miss MR too. Feel blessed that I got ANH Luke and Solo Blaster, but so much more could have come out that I'd like to see and maybe own.

It will be easier for any licensed company to make OT lightsabers than blasters now with the new gun laws. The reason why Disney went with b/w toyish and Nerf type blasters in TFA. I have the MR Stormie blaster, but on the lightsaber area I went with a real Graflex conversion

The only MR lightsaber I have is the Vader ROTS LE.
And an Vader FX saber with some real parts that I converted to a ROTJ hero.

If I could go back I would buy all MR LE lightsabers.They are so nice with so nice cases.:)

The only MR lightsaber I have is the Vader ROTS LE.
And an Vader FX saber with some real parts that I converted to a ROTJ hero.

If I could go back I would buy all MR LE lightsabers.They are so nice with so nice cases.:)

Except the fact that some of the MR ones having grips/t-tracks are starting also to have sticky issues with those grips. It was believed the sticky t-tracks are only happening to Force FX ones, but LE's start having it too. PVC or rubber in the grips is decaying and becoming tacky.

Don't mean to disrupt or hijack this thread, but if I may ask, does anyone know how I could obtain a replacement (doesn't have to be original) for the top acrylic part of that display box that's posted by the OP?

Hopefully somebody will carry the reins of Master Replicas again. Some collectors will never know how great MR was during it's time. It was really special. I hope that a good company will go to Disney with a solid game plan.

If you're patient with EFX you can get one amazing new prop every six years!

there is so much fantastic fan made stuff out there... you do not need MR ... just surf "the RPF" boards....

There were a few customizers on rebelscum too who did some pretty amazing work. I got a pretty amazing Luke ROTJ saber hilt from this one guy, Oz...something.

there is so much fantastic fan made stuff out there... you do not need MR ... just surf "the RPF" boards....

:exactly: RPF, FISD (and all other 501st forums), PropDen, TDH, MPPC, all these boards are full of talented artists and customizers who make fantastic props. For example I'm not a lightsaber collector, as you might know already I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials. And still I had to have a real Graflex conversion with Exactra 20 bubbles and accurate t-tracks in my collection as an exception. Never cared to own a Master Replicas, EFX or Icons LE lightsaber, but a Graflex is proudly displayed among my Imperial collectibles. If this doesn't show what is the best type of sabers and props in general out there, not sure what will.

Graflex Luke Skywalker Lightsaber 18.jpg

Graflex Luke Skywalker Lightsaber 19.jpg

Back