Sphero BB-8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dendory

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Who will get it? I hear it's going to be $150, orders start tomorrow.

well he is smaller then R2.. seeing his hand and phone.. and I would imagine the 1/4 R2 next to it... it might work out

that thing is on ebay already for $300 !?

I plan on buying one of these. Supposedly they couldn't make it do as much as they wanted, meaning no game apps and such right now, all because Lucasfilm is being so secretive about Episode 7. They plan on doing more with the BB-8 Sphero once the movie gets released and they can see what happens with him in the movie.

Or they work at stores and know they can secure one since they are receiving the shipments.

Target is getting a Hasbro remote control BB-8 which is cheaper, it's not Sphero so it doesn't have as many features.

The Sphero one looks to be retailer exclusive to Best Buy, and they will have them tomorrow, but it looks like the store will only have something like 3-8 of them so not that much in stock. Otherwise, it should be available to purchase online.

looks to me it will be available almost everywhere.. also online.. shouldn't be a problem to get one.. Man.. how tall is this guy.. its kind of hard to guess.. I really want this go to with my 1/4 collection.. He is way smaller then R2

R2 is 24cm in hight and Sphero BB8 is 12cm.. so more like 1/6 :( NOOOOOOO

bb8-and-r2d2.jpg

Last edited:
looks to me it will be available almost everywhere.. also online.. shouldn't be a problem to get one.. Man.. how tall is this guy.. its kind of hard to guess.. I really want this go to with my 1/4 collection.. He is way smaller then R2

R2 is 24cm in hight and Sphero BB8 is 12cm.. so more like 1/6 :( NOOOOOOO

Hey @MYC! Long time!!

According to Wookieepedia, R2-D2 irl height is 37.8 Inches. So the 1:4 scale should be 9.45" but my SS 1/4 PF R2-D2 is about 10.5". So let's average that to 10" even. And looking at MYC's photo, BB-8 looks to be about half R2's height. Looking at the video, there's a shot of the BB-8 standing next to oranges and its size looks very close to the oranges. That prompted me to measure the oranges in my refrigerator, which gave me an average diameter of the oranges to 3.5". So BB-8's diameter could be about 3.5" inches, and if you add 1" for its head, that height could come to 4.5", which should be close to a 1:4 scale, imo.

So, anyone knows if BestBuy will have a midnight sale for this or I need to get there early in the morning to secure one?

Good to see you again Visdar ! :)

na.. Sphero BB8 is not even 5" high... measuring that next to my SSC R2... its to small.. ..unfortunately ..I really wanted it... but 1/6 im gonna pass

I caved in and ordered one. It'll be the only TFA merch I'll buy until I see the movie.

Disney and Sphero stores have it with free shipping.
I just ordered one. Too damn cute to pass up.

Very interested in this, but Best Buy's description is kind of bumming me out:

Let your little Jedi interact with this Sphero Star Wars Episode VII R001USA BB-8 Droid, which features authentic movements and an adaptive personality. A downloadable app allows your child to control the BB-8 using an iOS or Android device.

Compatible with select Apple® iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
So your child can control BB-8 using the downloadable app. BB-8 offers authentic movements, plus recognizes and responds to your little one's voice.

Holographic communication
Enables your child to record and review virtual holographic videos

Adaptive personality
Allows the BB-8 to develop and evolve, changing its attitude and actions as your child interacts with it.

Back