Star Wars Force Friday (Sep 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageHULK

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Predictions? Wants? Let's bare it all? Will this event feature 1:6 scale figures or 1:4 scale statues? Kylo aren't PF anyone?

I'm thinking SS does some type of reveal. Maybe the Jango Fett or Darth Maul PFs get a full reveal and go up for pre-order? Who knows, maybe SS has a Force Awakens PF we haven't heard about (most likely not but would be awesome!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't expect much of anything but TFA on the 4th. Maybe something Rebels, I don't expect anything from 1-6. It's already been said the McQ stromtrooper will go up on Tue.

8ed4afc5bfa26db11922852e2ccf219b_zpskjhbkm57.jpg

I doubt we will see anything from SS themselves. The way I read it, they will simply be sharing what Hasbro releases, which all of us know already for the most part.

I doubt we will see anything from SS themselves. The way I read it, they will simply be sharing what Hasbro releases, which all of us know already for the most part.

...that is how i read it as well...

It's sad and unfortunate that Sideshow keeps wasting their resources/opportunities on duplicate-variations of Star Wars PFs, i.e. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, etc., and yet we still haven't seen any new statues of the ones we've been waiting for; such as Jango Fett, Sand Trooper, Royal Guard, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, just to name a few. I know few of these are in the pipeline, but most of them in that list won't see the light of day! The only new/duplicate variation I wish they had made was Asajj Ventress in her former and more colorful outfit!

Don't get me wrong, I really can't wait for Sideshow to make Ep. VII's Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, Snow & Storm Troopers (in that specific order,) but I feel like with the new SW movie and the Rebels igniting the hype all over again, as the previous movies did before them, IMHO, we will keep missing the opportunity to witness Sideshow ever making those statues which I mentioned above!

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
All of those being remade are the most popular characters and all have been sold out for a LONG time. By the time they are all made they will all be about 10 years since last made.

Asajj Was already made. I can see the Sandtrooper and maybe Jango doing well. The rest no so much, the Royal guard is cool looking but seems like a kind of boring PF and would just bring complaints about how it's to easy to expensive for what it it is ect... Ahsoka I can't see selling all that well.

All of those being remade are the most popular characters and all have been sold out for a LONG time. By the time they are all made they will all be about 10 years since last made.

Asajj Was already made. I can see the Sandtrooper and maybe Jango doing well. The rest no so much, the Royal guard is cool looking but seems like a kind of boring PF and would just bring complaints about how it's to easy to expensive for what it it is ect... Ahsoka I can't see selling all that well.

I think Ashoka (Rebels or TCW Season 4 or 5) would sell pretty well!

The Darth Talon, Shaak Ti, Ventress or Aayla Secura sold pretty quick and went for solid (or insane...Talon) prices on the aftermarket, so there is a demand
for SW Girls out there...the OT Trooper like Snowtrooper took longer to sell out, even with a smaller edition...

Good lookin (sorry Sny, Yarna and Wiosla...:blissysmi ) female characters from Star Wars in statue form = Hotseller!

I would buy a (realistic style) Ashoka, Hera (the green Twilek from Rebels), Sabine Wren (Mando chick), new Ventress, Phasma
or Leia as Boushh..:wave

edit._.
and Bastilla/Satele Shan

strong SW Women simply rocks! (like Rey and Phasma will for sure in TFA...:panic:)
() = :yess:
:lecture

I can see the new Vader and Boba Fett, as they are very popular characters. Not sure why they are doing another Maul right now. It seems like all the SS Star Wars PFs are dudes...sausage fest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know why but I just can't seem to get behind or care for any of these new characters. I grew up with the OT seeing it in Theaters as a kid when it was released. So it had a huge impact on my childhood and have remained a lifelong fan. I was excited for the prequels but like most fans there was no way they could've lived up to the hype or the fans expectations. I bought a lot of merchandise because I loved the look and design of many of the new characters even thought the movies themselves were a little lacking. I still don't understand why Lucas gets so much hate !! :lol After having kids and watching the prequels again through their eyes they are much more enjoyable to me now. My son is as big a fan if not bigger than I was and loved the clone wars cartoon. He's 9 now and even he doesn't seem all that thrilled at the new movies and characters. Maybe I'll change my tune after seeing the movie but as for now there's not 1 thing I'd even be remotely interested in purchasing. Don't like the new stormtroopers designs at all and though Kylo Ren's mask is kinda cool the rest is bland and knowing who's under the helmet just makes me laugh. Nothing intimidating at all. :dunno

Back