Evil Incarnate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, that's an attention grabbing subject line. I just wanted to point out a coming figure for WWII buffs...a new Adolf Hitler.

It's from what I think is a new company called 3R, and Bear Johnson at One Sixth Depot has them up for pre-order. They are due at the end of February, and after that Bear will only stock them the way he does everything else: parted out. (If you don't know his site, it's worth scrolling through his catalog.)

Bear says the figure is comparable to DiD, and it looks it. Add a nude Dragon or DiD body and it appears you'll have TWO figures, since it comes with two heads and two complete uniforms.

The site is fairly cluttered, but if you look on the left under "Pre-Orders" and click, it's the only pre-order he's got up right now. Click again on the thumbnail picture and you'll get a good look at it.

I think I still prefer the Drastic Plastic version... although this ones outfits look a bit better the headsculpts look a little crummy. Its funny there was a discussion about owning German WWII figures in a thread earlier today :lol

I've never seen the Drastic version of Hitler. If anybody has a pic, I'd like to see it. I don't think the straight-faced sculpt on this new one is very good, but I like the shouting one. The straight-faced one might be fixable with a bit of Magic Sculpt and a Les repaint. The hair looks wrong to me. Looks a bit like Christopher Guest.

I do have the Drastic FDR...fantastic wheelchair, jury's still out on the headsculpt until it's repainted by you-know-who. I really wish Drastic had brought out their Churchill. The only Churchill I know of is the Toy Presidents. Some of Toy Presidents' sculpts are pretty good under the doll-paint, but their heads are bigger than Sideshow's.

Anybody have any WWII leaders they can share pics of?

I've gor the Drastic Plastic FDR and Hitler, and they are VERY nice figures. They do need to be repainted though. FDR is worth checking out for is amazing wheelchair alone.

EDIT: Just looked at the new one linked, and it blows the DP version out of the water! That's an amazing looking figure, I must say.

Here's the review from Michael's website: Drastic Plastic Review. I think the headsculpt is better, and it does look better in person, than in the review. But I do think the quality of this new versions costuming is superior. Kind of a mixed bag.

I remember those too... I went back and forth and settled on the Drastic since it seemed to be (IMO) a better quality figure. I think it was a later release too, but not sure about that.

I think there was one other 1/6 AH out there... it caused a big stink when it was released by a smaller company. Meanwhile these were released with no big hoopla.

The DP sculpt is beautiful. I know the fella that sculpted it. The 3R sculpt sucks monkey nuts. It would make a good figure to put in front of Captain America as it looks cartoonish.

Thanks for the photos, guys. Both the DP and In the Past sculpts look very good. Since I don't have an AH, I'm looking forward to the 3R shouting version. And if I ever come across either of the other heads, I'll have what looks like a very good uniform waiting.

DP never released Stalin, did they?

Customizerwannabe, can you tell us who the DP sculptor is? Is he sculpting for any figure companies now?

This new AH is actually by DiD, they're hiding behind the name of 3R. Frankly I don't understand why they bother releasing the figure with a sorry excuse for a sculpt like this; seems like a clever way of rehashing the mainwhile already rehashed (Otto Bittman).

Doomhammer said:
This new AH is actually by DiD, they're hiding behind the name of 3R. Frankly I don't understand why they bother releasing the figure with a sorry excuse for a sculpt like this; seems like a clever way of rehashing the mainwhile already rehashed (Otto Bittman).

That explains why it looks so much like a DiD figure... is this a confirmed story. Or just a speculation? I'd be curious why they'd release it under a separate company... except if they were worried about a backlash.

Gruff Old Bear said:
DP never released Stalin, did they?

Customizerwannabe, can you tell us who the DP sculptor is? Is he sculpting for any figure companies now?

I don't have specifics, but I'm pretty sure the guy who did Hitler also did a Stalin for them that was never released. There was some kind of huge falling out between DP and the artist over payment, which he apparently never received. He aired some of this on their message baord, and DP cracked down hard, policing the board and deleting posts and entire threads that were less than complimentary. They did pre-orders for Stalin which they never fulfilled, obviously, then shifted their focus away from the high-end historical and toward some stupid bear license or other.
It's a shame. Could have been a great line. I was stoked for Stalin and Churchill when I got the first two figures.

Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when I visited the DP site after a long while and it was filled with those stupid vinyl bears!?! Not even one mention of the work they had previously done.

Interesting... it explains how a seemingly unknown company could produce such high quality clothing. And the photos really look like what DiD publishes so it makes sense.

I got the 3R Chancellor in the mail today. Im no fan of the Nazis or Hitler, but I must say this is a nice figure. Nice uniform! Im going to get an extra body for the other HS.

Just wondering though, what does 3R stand for? Third Reich? Have they produced anything else?

Back