Zorro : Fury Road?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
'Zorro' to Get Post-Apocalyptic Reboot Film (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

1439849388-staring-confused-ron-swanson.gif

the new generation has no idea who Zorro even is, so I guess nobody will really care about such a generic idea. Banderas was a perfect Zorro and a new movie could prolly never be done any better than that version, so I guess they have nowhere to go other than this. Everything is post apocalyptic these days. Blah

I'd be ok with futuristic Zorro, but masked outlaw in post-apoc makes zero sense.

I don't want to see Zorro riding a Motorcycle and fighting mutants, but, then, if Zorro is riding a horse and fighting armed militias who are oppressing the militia (only, this time, they have machine guns), then how is it really any different from a classic Zorro movie? My cynical side tells me to say "**** this movie," but, if we did wind up with something more akin to the latter, then, sure, I suppose I'm game for another Zorro.:lol

They need to hang on a brand that badly? An ancient brand that means nothing.

Next: Lone Ranger in space....

I can only assume that ideas like this get "greenlit" by aging "studio heads" that still get the reference and believe its high time to bring their interests to a new generation.

A futuristic or modern Zorro could work, since he's basically the original Batman. It's the apocalyptic setting that seems unnecessary. Zorro's whole gimmick and identity is that he's a Spaniard who lives in California during the Spanish rule, but he defends the commoners and indigenous peoples. He's an European guy who fights "evil" Europeans, not sure how that works in an apocalyptic setting. I wonder who's going to play Zorro?

A futuristic or modern Zorro could work, since he's basically the original Batman. It's the apocalyptic setting that seems unnecessary. Zorro's whole gimmick and identity is that he's a Spaniard who lives in California during the Spanish rule, but he defends the commoners and indigenous peoples. He's an European guy who fights "evil" Europeans, not sure how that works in an apocalyptic setting. I wonder who's going to play Zorro?

simpsons2.jpg

Whatever. Mask of Zorro was great. We'll always have that and the Disney TV show. Are Mark of Zorro or the serials worth watching?

Back