HT Robocop (1) vs HT Robocop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
What are the main differences between these two, just some paint apps on the armor and accessories? Or is there a clear winner here?

I had the original HT Robocop on order from SSC but had to cancel it due to real life personal issues. :( Now, I just want to know which one I should go after.

Would I even have a shot on the "Wait List" at SSC at this point? Or should I try somewhere else?

Thanks!

Buy the first Robo... even though their isn't a huge amount of difference. Just the shame of having a Robocop 3 product should be enough to dissuade you :lol

how well is his gun holster built. Is it pretty sturdy?

Do you mean the opening thigh? Its well made, but if you weren't careful or dropped it when it was open I could see it getting damaged fairly easily.

But aside from being a bit fragile it is awesome! Looks excellent and works extremely well! Another stellar example of why HT kicks so much ass!!!

i agree, they opened a lot of eyes with robocop and ED

well, i specifically passed on Robo1 after i heard about the laser arm version. then they come out w/ a version that'll have laser arm and jet pack, so i'm definitely getting that one. it's the exact same figure. i've been told even the coloring is the same. why not get more bang for ur buck? i don't give a rat's ass about what the box or stand has printed on it.

agreed, i don't care about what is on the packaging, but i just couldn't care less for the gun arm or the jetpack as I thought Robo was best in part 1. Not to mention that Part 3 was just utter crap. but Robo 3 Hot Toys is probably the cheapest right now as I think Robo 1 is sold out everywhere.

Exactly, while a jetpack would almost always be a cool accessory. With Robocop it is one of lamest ideas ever. I mean seriously, a jet pack on Robocop?!? And don't even get me started about the Ninja cyborgs :lol

galactiboy said:
Exactly, while a jetpack would almost always be a cool accessory. With Robocop it is one of lamest ideas ever. I mean seriously, a jet pack on Robocop?!? And don't even get me started about the Ninja cyborgs :lol

Or Rip Torn playing the OCP CEO...

Or Robocop driving a Pimp-mobile...

Or ED-209 being "as loyal as a puppy"...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ROBO 3 SUCKS!!!!!!

Seriously, if it's cheaper than the sold-out Robo 1 version, I'd get the jetpack version just for its Photoshop and display potential. But I have the first release, so I don't have to worry about it.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Or Rip Torn playing the OCP CEO...

Or Robocop driving a Pimp-mobile...

Or ED-209 being "as loyal as a puppy"...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ROBO 3 SUCKS!!!!!!

Seriously, if it's cheaper than the sold-out Robo 1 version, I'd get the jetpack version just for its Photoshop and display potential. But I have the first release, so I don't have to worry about it.

Robo 1 and Ed is THE set to have IMO. Okay, I'm a purist classics snob.

I see no reason to get Robo 2 unless Cain is made (which won't happen)

and

Please don't even ask about Robo 3. :cool:

Being a snob is A-okay in my book... especially when it comes to the Robocop film (singular :lol )

oh Robo 3 sucked so much, it boggles the mind. didn't Frank Miller right the screenplay? ick! and wouldn't the jetpack need to be about 5 times bigger than it was just to lift Robo's heavy metal ass? lol. but if it's additional stuff, i want it! the box printing be damned! looks like i'll probably be the only one to buy one tho. figure i'll wait until they've been out awhile. should be able to pick one up cheap! heh

Owning Robocop 3 merchandise is 'so not done'! Robocop is THE Robocop movie. Everything that followed was o.k. (Robocop 2), or redundant. If the original HT Robocop is out of reach, the HT Robocop 3 is as close as you can get to it. But if you have a choice, get the first HT Robocop.

Are we so sure that the jet pack will be removable, or that the back of Robocop 3 won't be different so the jet pack can be put on?
I hope it's identical to the other two Robos, but I'll wait until I get confirmation that there will be no difference between the three main bodies.

galactiboy said:

Whatever! Robocop flying is effing wicked. Sadly, it was the only thing worth seeing in RC3...

I would love to see them make a Robocop 2 Robocain

You sir are nuts... it is one of the dumbest thing about an exceptionally terrible film. I mean seriously, Robocop is a badass... but not too fast moving. Do you really think he's gonna have a lot of control while flying around in a jet-pack!?!

Just pure lame! And I stand by that statement! :lol

Back