Giles delay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sadly Giles will not be joining the rest of the scoobies until April (probably May in the EU). With all the delays announced and new line excitement at Toy Fair.....will we ever see any more Angel figures? Is Wesley dead?

i guess Sideshow is teaching us the zen art of patience......grasshopper!:cool:

In a mere 10 days we will know if there is any more life in the Buffy/Angel lines beyond Giles.:eek:

And one can hope for a possible Buffy/Angel SDCC exclusive this year... Vampire Xander, anyone? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I don't think it necessarily means the line is dead if nothing appears at Toy Fair. This has become a very, very, very slow rollout on the line. We may see nothing at TF and then something at SDCC.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't think it necessarily means the line is dead if nothing appears at Toy Fair. This has become a very, very, very slow rollout on the line. We may see nothing at TF and then something at SDCC.

VERY true. But if there is nothing shown at Toy Fair then we will know for sure that an announcement is not "just around the corner". I can only speak for myself, but having both Cordy AND Lorne now in hand (both STELLAR figures :D :D ), I'm itching to see what might be next for the line.

However, being a Sideshow collector for the last three years has made me a VERY patient collector. If not TF, there is always SDCC. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I have learned to become extremely patient with certain pieces because it allows me to get other things in the meantime when things are pushed back. I wouldn't mind at all if my PF Captain America didn't make its way to me until the end of Summer, beginning of Fall. Then I can pay off my GG Slave Leia, and pick up one of DiD's samurai figures I've wanted for a while now.

Having said that I too want to know if the BtVS line is continuing as I still want a 1:6 scale of the Judge, Adam, and Moloch. Hey, I know it's wishful thinking but if you're going to dream... dream BIG!

That and we need more BtVS/Angel PFs! 1/4 school girl Cordy from season 2 (particularly from Go Fish), Faith (maybe at 1/4 scale we get a more spot on Eliza Dushku sculpt), and an Angel PF to match up with our Buffy.

As of today, any delay in the line is somewhat welcome by me, since I can't spend too much money these days. That contradicts my extreme desire for new announcements for the line, but that's the reckless and foolish collector in me.

I don't think the absence of announcements in the next Toy Fair would necessarily mean the end of the line. However, if during the ComicCon, no figures are previewed, that would be a reason to be afraid. I agree, Protozaius, Vampire Xander would be an excellent choice for a limited SDCC exclusive, but I myself would prefer a William the Poet 12 inch figure. Seriously, I know I might have blind faith in SSC, but I'm practically sure about the fact that we'll be getting a bunch of new figures for both lines before the year ends. Remember the lack of announcements prior SSCC last year, and we got two figures plus an amazing PF statue previewed the first day of the Con. And remember that last year we were already arguing about the "end of the line". And yet here we are now, with last year's announcements (Angel, Cordy, Lorne, PF Buffy, D'Hoffryn, Giles, PF Spike) either sold out or shipping soon (except Cordy). I'm sure Sideshow is reading all of our comments (this board is easier to cover than the SW board to name one ;)), and they will learn from our opinions and suggestions. The excellent edition size of a supporting character like Lorne, sculpted, painted and tailored in an impressive way might lead the way for more exclusive figures, and the recurrent idea of a new iconic Buffy figure to boost the sales and welcome new collectors is something they cannot obviate.

Bring on Wesley, Anya, William the Poet, Anyanka, Chosen Buffy, Vamp Xander, Buffybot, Illyria.....!!!!

Last edited:
I'd rather wait and have him come out right than be rushed and have wonky eye or someother issue.

As far as Vampire Xander - BRING HIM ON!!!

Quote: As of today, any delay in the line is somewhat welcome by me, since I can't spend too much money these days. That contradicts my extreme desire for new announcements for the line, but that's the reckless and foolish collector in me. End Quote.

It's my long lost twin brother!!! Reckless and foolish collector is in me as well.

I'm disappointed about the delay, but it's probably for the best for me right now. April/May would be better on my wallet.

With PF Hulk, Jabba and all the other stuff I've got coming in, a delay is actually beneficial for me too.

Any delay is welcome. April however has the Endor Rebel Soldiers three pack hitting along with Giles so that's a bit more than $200 for that month which is quite a lot for me. It looks like the Triad Bodies that also hit that month will have to wait a bit.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I think SSC is probably a bit swamped and backlogged at the moment anyway - its taken a week so far to ship "in stock" items to me. And like others I don't actually mind as I've got a shipment of 5 figures just landed in Australia today.

I'm hoping with a bit of a lull I can actually round up the money for Jabba and throne locally.

Josette said:
I'm disappointed about the delay, but it's probably for the best for me right now. April/May would be better on my wallet.

I'm with you. Thanks to the D'Hoffryn waitlist coming good and CSM 2nd chance I had a slightly bigger January than I expected... thankfully everything that could have fallen into Feb has been pushed back to April - so I have at least another month to prepare for the next onslaught.

As for the line being dead.... I wouldn't consider it dead unless we got past the next SDCC and didn't have another figure announced. Personally though I hope we get at least one release before then for the Buffy/Angel line though, one each would be even better - there are so many more figures still to do.

LordAzrael said:
As for the line being dead.... I wouldn't consider it dead unless we got past the next SDCC and didn't have another figure announced. Personally though I hope we get at least one release before then for the Buffy/Angel line though, one each would be even better - there are so many more figures still to do.
If we don't get a new Angel figure at Toyfair, I'm washing my hands of the line. It's been months since we've had an announcement or any info at all, and I'm not going to sit around in the dark for who knows how many more months waiting. I won't support a line where the fans are completely ignored.

I'm a big Angel fan, and I love the three figures we've gotten so far, but if we don't see or at least hear something new at Toyfair even Wes won't bring me back to this line. I'll stick to Star Wars and Marvel where the fans are kept in the loop and can depend on getting regular product announcements.

Would you get rid of the figures you have?

I can understand the frustration, but I admit to not understanding the mentality. Majestic Studios might be gone, so that second series of Dark Shadows figures I want so much looks like it might not ever happen, but that doesn't mean I would ever in a million years get rid of my Barnabas and Quentin figures. I love them- lacking other characters doesn't negate that fact, no matter how annoying it is.

Josette said:
Would you get rid of the figures you have?
No way! As I said before, I love those three figures.

I'm just tired of being left in the dark. If Sideshow can't be bothered to give us any new announcements or info, I guess I just won't bother either. Still, I'm keeping my hopes up for Toyfair.

Don't let me down, Sideshow.

I hate being in the dark, too. For example, it's driving me crazy that Majestic won't come out and say if they're done or not....instead, I'm left to wonder.

I do think we'll get a Buffy announcement over Toy Fair. I'm not expecting more than that, but I am expecting one.

Just a few mere days my friends, and we get to see new Buffy/Angel merchandise!!! If not, this maybe a good thing seeing as I am being run out of house and home because of my ever growing, and extremely overwhelming size that my collection has gotten to.

Back