OLD DETOLF design was WAY BETTER then now!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaI2EAPEi2

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I was helping my friend build a gaming pc the other day. While we were putting everything together I had notice his mom had a large cabinet filled with plates etc. I did not pay any attention to it at first but when I looked closely it was a DETOLF I have never seen before. This detolf is what I've always wanted, its just like stacking your detolfs horizontally but way better and prettier. The old detolf has the same build with metal frames. Instead of the square glass pieces it has long rectangular pieces all the way across and they don't bend like the current detolfs if you place them side ways the glass warps a bit. This is the only picture I took with my crappy smart phone. HAve you guys seen this before? whats the official name? I am currently trying to buy it off them as I have never seen this online. She bought it over 6 years ago.

There are scores of glass/trophy display cases and curio cabinets out there that would be suitable for collectibles. Likely isn't even an Ikea product. Check out your local Craigslist, and you might find something similar to that.

There are scores of glass/trophy display cases and curio cabinets out there that would be suitable for collectibles. Likely isn't even an Ikea product. Check out your local Craigslist, and you might find something similar to that.

they bought it at ikea for around 300 including the bottom part not seen in the picture.

Ikea changes their product lines so much it's really hard to say. Sorry I haven't seen these before. I can say I'm not happy with the new Billly bookcase because of the new style pegs. They're some tiny diameter so you can't use non Ikea shelf pegs anymore.

There are other options out there. Like this: 5 Shelf Black Curio Cabinet - Coaster 950170 Not too bad for $225 shipped.

5-shelf-black-curio-cabinet-coaster-950170-1.gif

Back