sarah michelle gellar movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season 1-7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Her feature choices haven't been the greatest, although Cruel Intentions is okay.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 1-7 on DVD was Sarah Michelle Gellar's best television work. Not to mention the best television series ever in TV Land in this poster's opinion. Sadly her big screen resume falls short of her small screen one. Sarah is a great young beautiful actress that is poorly casted in films that don't allow her to fully utilize her skillset and talent.

Having said that Cruel Intentions is a great dark romantic comedy/drama. After that the lack of quality control in her movies is quite presendenting. I didn't mind the Grudge 2 for a pop corn movie. Hey, I got free movie passes! Still, it's a passable movie. Yeah, I am having a very hard time trying to recommend any film that she's been in or has starred in. Dang. Didn't realize it was that bad.

If you rent Cruel Intentions, you'll have the distinct satisfaction of hearing a scorned, cocaine-sniffing SMG angrily yell, "I wanna f***!" :D

why Sarah, Alice??? Are you trying to get some on Valentine's day??? ;)

Yeah.. maybe its blasphemy... but I liked the 1st Scooby Doo movie. It wasn't Shakespeare or anything, but it was funny. She was decent in Cruel Intentions and The Grudge although both movies were pointless since the originals were MUCH better. Her career has definitely started back-peddling in the last year or so. Same goes for her boy toy hubbie Freddy. I really think she should hook up again with Whedon. I am a realist so a season 8 is probably out of the question. However, a couple of TV movies or a Serenity style Hollywood movie would let her regain the spotlight doing what she did best.

Of course, the Buffster should have known her career could only go downward after Oscar winning scenes like this one:

Scrappy Doo: Scrappy-Dappy-Doo!
Scooby Doo: Hey!
Scrappy Doo: Ghosts don't stand a chance with me! Let me at em. I'll rock 'em and sock 'em.
Fred: Scrappy, for the thousandth time, there's no such things as ghosts!
Scrappy Doo: Sure there are, and when I find them I'll give them a good of puppy power!
[Urinates on Daphne]
Scrappy Doo: Ta-da!
Daphne: Oh God. He's peeing on me!
Fred: Scrappy, I told you no urinating on Daphne.
Scrappy Doo: It was an accident!
Fred: You were marking your territory!

If not Buffy, being as that is not a movie, THE GRUDGE!!
Not an oscar winner but she was ok in it and the movie was decent enough. Besides, I kept freezing the image on the scary[?] parts to freak my wife out. :monkey3

Thanks guys! It's BECAUSE of Buffy, I'm asking. I bought the collectors edition Buffy Box last year, and watched all there was to see. I really loved it (I hadn't seen much of Buffy before). I'd like to see more
of her acting, but I don't want to waste my money... So I thought I'd ask. To bad, her movie career isn't that swell. Perhaps in the future some time... (Travolta, Michael Keaton and Pam Greer had great comebacks)...

Darklord Dave said:
Season 1-7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Her feature choices haven't been the greatest, although Cruel Intentions is okay.

i don't think Cruel Intentions is that good, but SMG is effing great in it!

Sarah's big screen offerings are slim to be sure. However, I think that might be changing soon, since this year she is starring opposite Forest Whitaker in "The Air That I Breathe" and Alec Baldwin in "Suburban Girl".

Of course there is also "Alice"... which could be interesting.

I'd like to see her branch off away from the horror genre, but that is just me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Like somebody said earlier, Simply Irrestitible isn't that bad. She plays a kind of waifish cook with magic powers...

Don't forget she is also in "I know what you did last summer"

and this way, you get to double your pleasure by seeing Joennifer Love-Hewitt at the same time.

:banana

Personally I like Cruel Intentions...I thought it was a hip take on the original story and SMG really was impressive in it. Definitely is the "best" movie to watch her in, the rest has been fairly tough to get through IMHO...

All of her films are good!
I Have them all on dvd but my fav is I Know what you did last summer!
Cruel intentions is her second best and the Grudge is good.
I also like the Return its at cinemas here in the UK.

But i prefer her movie character helen(i know...) better than buffy.
Sarah michelle gellar rules!!1

I can't recomend anything personally, also I don't like Buffy so I'm probably the worst person to ask, not that anyone asked me.

Have you seen "Angel" the series? It's a must-see for any "Buffy" fan, plus Sarah is in a couple of episodes. As for her movies, until "Southland Tales" is released, there is nothing really remarkable in her resume. I agree, "Cruel Intentions" is the closest to a good movie you'll find in her filmography. "I know what you did last summer" was kind of good when it was released, now you see it, and it's a bit embarrassing. I don't understand Sarah's choices. She dissociated herself from the show that led her to stardom, that provided her with a Golden Globe, good critics and a legion of passionate fans, to start a film career. And what is she doing: **** movies that make people look at her as a crappy horror actress. It's obvious she can be a bit handicaped when acting, but she can also deliver great stuff, as she did with "Buffy" (look at "The Body"). She's wasting her talent. Either indie movies or a "Buffy" project would be the right choice for her right now. She can follow Michelle Williams' path, or get back in the map with "Buffy", and it's not only the crazy "Buffy" fan talking here...

Back