Any Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers collectors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHRonin

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Any fellow collectors out there? I've got a pretty collection going and have been able to add to it the last year with three trips to Japan. I also have a bunch of books, DVDs, etc. I started collecting in 1981 when I bought my first diecast Yamato as a kid.

Yamato1.jpg

Yamato2.jpg

Yamato3.jpg

Oh man, that is an awesome collection! I have a 1/500 scale model of the Yamato and some of the PVC figures (lower right corner of bottom pic). I'd love to add to my small collection. I am a huge fan of the series.

IMG_4430.JPG

P10101462.JPG

That's a fantastic collection!! Those Yamatos are amazing! I just have some of the Megahouse PVC figures, but they're brilliant.

yamamoto.jpg

moriyuki.jpg

yamamoto-yurisha.jpg

yurisha.jpg

I love Yamato 2199 as well. I have a couple of Megahouse's CFSP Yamato ships and I also collect their awe inspiring Yamato Girls Collection. Some might say these figures are too sexy, but I like them.

My favorite is the "Yamato Crew" exclusive Akira Yamamoto in red (Now THAT is what I call a Red Comet!):
DSC00515-1_zpssrxdpryz.jpg

Really nice collection you have there! Grew up watching Star Blazers as a kid on tv after school. I am going to guess that you got your first diecast Yamato from Mr. Big Toyland? Always wanted to go there but never did. Now I live in Tokyo so I am surrounded my Yamato and it's pretty great. I don't often collect anymore because I am not into models but I have a fair amount of stuff back in the States (Boston) in storage. Trying to unload the huge bandai 1/350 scale model I got years ago due to space. Breaking my heart. Anyways, keep posting. Enjoyed seeing your collection.

Have you noticed the new push of merchandise coinciding with Yamato 2202? SH Figuarts Yuki Mori among others. Good stuff headed our way.

Nice stuff. I hope they go a bit deep with the Sh Figuarts line, giving us some males too and not just the usual girls.

Nice stuff. I hope they go a bit deep with the Sh Figuarts line, giving us some males too and not just the usual girls.

Agreed. The over saturation of the Yamato "girls" at the expense of the males is a bit perplexing. Hopefully Bandai doesn't follow suit with the SHF line.

Just picked up the Megahouse Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Akira Yamamoto... the detail on her is brilliant, and the sculpt style is completely consistent with the rest of the SBY line. The only issue I had with mine was a significant lean, which I corrected with a hair dryer and lots of gentle persuasion to straighten out her leg. Overall a beautiful piece!

Akira 1 sm.jpg

Akira 2 sm.jpg

Akira 3 sm.jpg

Akira 4 sm.jpg

Akira 5 sm.jpg

Akira 6 sm.jpg

Back