shocktrooper_au
07-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Posted in their FB page

hoodonit00
07-22-2015, 03:12 AM
Damn, you're quick.

superdoug
07-22-2015, 04:46 AM
Lol my wife is probably not going to let me display it but I don't think I'll be able to resist getting it.

ImABarRoomHero
07-22-2015, 05:31 AM
Lol my wife is probably not going to let me display it but I don't think I'll be able to resist getting it.

Ha, my wife is the exact opposite. This is her favorite character in the series. She can't resist the "Uh-ha".

darkeyes
07-22-2015, 05:43 AM
This has been my number one want since they teased it was going to be made. Bring it on!

Warpsmith
07-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Fantastic! Looking forward to more and sharper pictures along with a list of any accessories.

abake
07-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Brilliant!
But you need the horse to display this, and I really don't have room or money for a 1/6 horse...
Still, very happy to see this getting made.

Wor-Gar
07-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Oh man! At last! It's here. The Mouth... that mouth.

This creep is a must. :yess:

cmiller99
07-22-2015, 01:50 PM
That looks great so far!

dwing
07-22-2015, 07:13 PM
A great character and looking like a great figure.

WolfBoy
07-22-2015, 07:29 PM
I'm not getting it, but it will def make for a cool figure.

FlyAndFight
07-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Must come with Frodo's mithril shirt!

Sankari
07-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Loved it ! The horse looks so promising. Please show high resolution pics soon :) Will this be up for sale on Asmus' website ? I'm ready to commit !
(ps, Frodo's Mithril shirt would be a nice extra)

The Ween
07-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Looks cool so far.

gideon
07-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Two questions: this comes with his horse... right? And any idea as to price point?

Wor-Gar
07-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Likely this will be same as Nazgul and Steed -- sold together as a set and then separately as well.

Price should be around the same for the set and the steed. Not sure what the Mouth's price point will be.

Stryker2011
07-23-2015, 03:46 PM
This is gonna be wicked cool!

nexus
07-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Looks cool. I'll probably get it, but I'm starting to get a little antsy on this line until more of the Fellowship start showing up. I would have also preferred Arwen to Tauriel so the focus could have stayed on LotR instead of veering off to The Hobbit.

kl241
07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Looks cool. I'll probably get it, but I'm starting to get a little antsy on this line until more of the Fellowship start showing up. I would have also preferred Arwen to Tauriel so the focus could have stayed on LotR instead of veering off to The Hobbit.

Exactly. Still no Gimli?!?! :huh Somebody complete the Fellowship for Gondor's sake!

Lee in MI
07-23-2015, 10:07 PM
Exactly. Still no Gimli?!?! :huh Somebody complete the Fellowship for Gondor's sake!

Third-ed

Bucky Underbelly
07-24-2015, 09:05 AM
That picture looks very cool! I've been looking forward to this figure since the first rumors a couple of years ago! :clap Can't wait to get a better look at that head sculpt and the horse's kit!

This is a TINY observation and one that might very well be swept away by future pictures, but something about the body proportions seems a little off. He's ever so slightly ... I don't know ... stumpy? I think it might be because Bruce Spence, who played MoS, is super tall and gangly. I think he's over 6'6" and very skinny.

That's actually a specific body type that I wish existed for 1/6 figures. Sure, you can add ankle extensions, but it never quite feels right. Because you also need longer arms and a longer torso, too. The tall, skinny, lanky build could be used on a fair number of figures (any character played by Liam Neeson, for instance).

But it's a super-minor nit. Really, it's more of an observation than a nit. And one I would never expect Asmus to address. (This is a very minor character, after all, who doesn't even appear in the theatrical cut of the movie. And I'm sure they won't be making a huge run of him. So it would be totally unreasonable to expect they would put this on anything but a standard body.)

That said, I could totally see myself eventually swapping it out for a custom gangly body -- if I could figure out how to cobble one together ...

Radagaster
07-25-2015, 03:06 PM
The only concern I have is their QC, based on the missing parts, wonky legs on the Nazgul rider. But, for $300 it will fill a gap in the rider/steed series.

Sankari
07-25-2015, 08:40 PM
That picture looks very cool! I've been looking forward to this figure since the first rumors a couple of years ago! :clap Can't wait to get a better look at that head sculpt and the horse's kit!

This is a TINY observation and one that might very well be swept away by future pictures, but something about the body proportions seems a little off. He's ever so slightly ... I don't know ... stumpy? I think it might be because Bruce Spence, who played MoS, is super tall and gangly. I think he's over 6'6" and very skinny.

That's actually a specific body type that I wish existed for 1/6 figures. Sure, you can add ankle extensions, but it never quite feels right. Because you also need longer arms and a longer torso, too. The tall, skinny, lanky build could be used on a fair number of figures (any character played by Liam Neeson, for instance).

But it's a super-minor nit. Really, it's more of an observation than a nit. And one I would never expect Asmus to address. (This is a very minor character, after all, who doesn't even appear in the theatrical cut of the movie. And I'm sure they won't be making a huge run of him. So it would be totally unreasonable to expect they would put this on anything but a standard body.)

That said, I could totally see myself eventually swapping it out for a custom gangly body -- if I could figure out how to cobble one together ...

I think its mostly the perspective. To me the proportions seem perfectly fine

The Ween
07-25-2015, 09:34 PM

When I first saw it, I thought the head didn't look long enough, but it's hard to tell in that pic.

WolfBoy
07-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Its pointless to give the figure any critique yet, the pic is hardly a good one.

Asmus
07-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Here is a sneak peek!
It is pending approval.
so please keep the picture within the forum!
:rotfl

Wor-Gar
07-28-2015, 08:26 PM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Wa-Hoo!!!!!!

I am so excited right now! Thank you Andy or George!

So many questions, but one real fast: is that WitchKing sword a temporary or is that actually the sword he had?

NEVERMIND -- found it:

http://i.imgur.com/snngz3o.jpg

Lee in MI
07-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Wow...that looks NOTHING like MoS....

Just kidding!!!!!! That looks DISGUSTINGLY PERFECT!!!!:clap

darkeyes
07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Drool! Can't wait to have this.

Wor-Gar
07-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Asmus has hit its stride!

hoodonit00
07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Wow...that looks NOTHING like MoS....

Just kidding!!!!!! That looks DISGUSTINGLY PERFECT!!!!:clap

I completely missed your second paragraph. I thought to myself, are you F'n nuts?

hoodonit00
07-28-2015, 09:15 PM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Wa-Hoo!!!!!!

I am so excited right now! Thank you Andy or George!

So many questions, but one real fast: is that WitchKing sword a temporary or is that actually the sword he had?

NEVERMIND -- found it:

http://i.imgur.com/snngz3o.jpg

I have this sword and didn't even know whose it was.

Bucky Underbelly
07-29-2015, 12:34 AM
Figure looks great, Asmus!

The sword is interesting ... It's definitely the same as the Witch-King's. I wonder if it's just a situation where the filmmakers re-used a prop out of convenience (he never draws it, so why design a whole new one when you can just strap an existing sword on him?) ... OR ... if the designers did that on purpose because they had a backstory in mind where the Witch-King and MoS were issued matching weapons.

shocktrooper_au
07-29-2015, 02:05 AM
Here is a sneak peek!
It is pending approval.

wow I was thinking if I need this, but you might have sold me :)

Glennfett
07-29-2015, 03:58 AM
I....ummm....wow.
To see the awesomeness of Saruman was one thing...
Then the recent pics of the GtG sculpt was another....
But THIS!!!!
I think Asmus has a new customer!

Stryker2011
07-29-2015, 04:55 AM
I just peed a little. That is freaking awesome! This is a definite buy for me!

Warpsmith
07-29-2015, 05:10 AM
Here is a sneak peek!
It is pending approval.

Wow! Sold! Beautiful work! Thank you Asmus. Looking forward to a full reveal!

CanadianBrandon
07-29-2015, 06:19 AM
Instant buy from me! That looks freaking awesome! Thanks for the special sneak peek Asmus :)

abake
07-29-2015, 08:00 AM
Beautiful!
I might just have to get this...

Wor-Gar
07-29-2015, 09:19 AM
I wonder if it's just a situation where the filmmakers re-used a prop out of convenience

Possibly but they seemed so into the detail and richness of the project it doesn't seem like they'd default for this. Maybe its to show the high-level of Mouth... similar crown on the handle, etc. Maybe WitchKing and Mouth are the two highest leaders under Sauron.

Bucky Underbelly
07-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Possibly but they seemed so into the detail and richness of the project it doesn't seem like they'd default for this. Maybe its to show the high-level of Mouth... similar crown on the handle, etc. Maybe WitchKing and Mouth are the two highest leaders under Sauron.

That's what I'm thinking, too. The other eight Nazgul have matching swords and they're all the same "rank". But the WK and MoS have this one and they're a step higher. Maybe swords are a mark of rank in Sauron's army.

Adolfo
07-29-2015, 09:50 AM
When i get this I'm gonna epoxy the horse together and fill sand gaps...then paint...hes gonna be a statue in the end

Bucky Underbelly
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM
When i get this I'm gonna epoxy the horse together and fill sand gaps...then paint...hes gonna be a statue in the end

That's what I plan on doing with the mounted Ringwraith when I finally pick that set up. Not sure I'll do it with this set, though, since I don't think you'll see the joints ... I think the MoS horse has a lot more dressing and mail covering the legs. Unless I need to do it for stability.

illproxy
07-29-2015, 10:52 AM
ahh mang i may need to get this, not a huge LOTR fan but love how evil the evil characters are! no shades of grey at all.

thks for posting the page with his backstory. loved reading that.:clap

cmiller99
07-29-2015, 03:10 PM
Home run :clap

The Ween
07-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Too cool! Thanks for the new pic!

Lee in MI
07-29-2015, 10:43 PM
I completely missed your second paragraph. I thought to myself, are you F'n nuts?

:hi5: I was trying to get someone!

Life_m2000
07-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Here is a sneak peek!
It is pending approval.

Looks great!

FlyAndFight
07-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Looking amazing. Can't wait to see it fully revealed.

Bucky Underbelly
07-31-2015, 09:45 AM
I've always loved the design of this character. The oversized mouth, the giant teeth, the torn lips, the lack of eyes ... straight out of a horror movie. (But not one of the goofy horror movies Jackson would make.)

SO glad Jackson & Weta went with the oversized mouth during the design of the character. According to the DVD extras, they had toyed with the idea of flipping his mouth sideways, making it vertical, but that would have just been bizarre, and not nearly as creepy.

hoodonit00
07-31-2015, 10:22 AM
I've always loved the design of this character. The oversized mouth, the giant teeth, the torn lips, the lack of eyes ... straight out of a horror movie. (But not one of the goofy horror movies Jackson would make.)

SO glad Jackson & Weta went with the oversized mouth during the design of the character. According to the DVD extras, they had toyed with the idea of flipping his mouth sideways, making it vertical, but that would have just been bizarre, and not nearly as creepy.
Then it would have been called the ****** of Sauron.:monkey4. Seriously? The proper name for a woman's sexual organs is censored?:slap

Bucky Underbelly
07-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Well ... I was thinking more ... Leela's mutant dad on Futurama. :lol

Invictus Sol
07-31-2015, 11:20 AM
Wow, just beautiful! Looks like two home runs for Asmus between this and Saruman.

cmiller99
07-31-2015, 09:16 PM

Well, they changed it for a reason :lol

darkeyes
08-04-2015, 04:13 AM
Up for order! Ordered thru Asmus, $300 and free shipping. Mine mine mine!

cmiller99
08-04-2015, 04:21 AM

darkeyes
08-04-2015, 04:22 AM
Wish he came with Frodo's Mithril shirt, though. Would be a perfect way to pose him. Anyone know where to pick up a 1/6 chainmail shirt?

cmiller99
08-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Asmus Collectible Toys
THE LORD OF THE RING The MOUTH OF SAURON 1/6 SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE.:
(Product ID: LOTR009)

The Mouth of Sauron Sixth Scale Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of MOS from The Lord of the Ring : Return of the King
Asmus Toys KP01A+ male body
Approximately 35 cm tall
Over 36 points of articulation

Features :
An authentic likeness of MOS from the film.
. Four changeable mouths
One pair of gloved relaxing posture hand
One pair of gloved weapon holding hand
One pair of gloved open palm hand
One pair of Orc feet (can be equipped on a regular 12 body to build an orc)

Special features on Clothing:
One dark brown inner garment
One pair of MOS robes
One pair of black pants
One pair of boots

Bonus Features:
. Fully armored stead of The Mouth of Sauron

Special features in weapons:
Sword of Mouth of Sauron

Accessories:
One interractive cutom base
One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date: Q4 2015
MSRP: 299.95 USD

cmiller99
08-04-2015, 04:37 AM
I think that he looks absolutely fantastic :clap

Sankari
08-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Wow, Asmus keeps on improving ! Absolutely love it. The heavily armoured steed is a great addition as well. Can't wait to get his master as well. I bid welcome to Sauron the great ;)

Warpsmith
08-04-2015, 06:19 AM
Here is a sneak peek!
It is pending approval.

Asmus. Thanks for all the updated pictures on your newest pre-order. A couple questions:

1. Can you tell us about any modifications to the horse being released here? I think everyone would like to know that with a deluxe release like this we are going to be receiving a horse that is sturdy and will easily maintain a variety of poses.

2. Could you please provide us with an update on some of your other LOTR and Hobbit figures as your website has not been updated for pre-orders? Bard, Tauriel, Aragorn.

Thank you!

abake
08-04-2015, 07:38 AM
That does look fantastic!
Congratulations Asmus!

Jrobertson
08-04-2015, 08:19 AM
This looks great

Bucky Underbelly
08-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Wow.

Wow.

Gorgeous.

That's just fantastic.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Wor-Gar
08-04-2015, 09:22 AM
:yess:

Outstanding figure. Four mouths should be fun. I love the sneer. I see 3, I wonder what the 4th is?

Also, the horse in armor looks amazing -- I need some better pictures of that steed. I wonder if its another frocked horse or just plain plastic hide?

QUESTION:
Also, I was told that Asmus was going to set up a "no charge until item ships" policy for preordering like everyone else. Has that happened with this figure, or do they charge your card upon preorder?

Sankari
08-04-2015, 09:26 AM
:yess:

Outstanding figure. Four mouths should be fun. I love the sneer. I see 3, I wonder what the 4th is?

Also, the horse in armor looks amazing -- I need some better pictures of that steed. I wonder if its another frocked horse or just plain plastic hide?

QUESTION:
Also, I was told that Asmus was going to set up a "no charge until item ships" policy for preordering like everyone else. Has that happened with this figure, or do they charge your card upon preorder?

It seems its charge upon pre-order

Wor-Gar
08-04-2015, 10:27 AM
It seems its charge upon pre-order

That sucks. I just don't have it right now -- just paid for stormtrooper and got scout trooper to pay tomorrow.

I would like to lock one up, Asmus, but I got to go where I can preorder without being charged for the next several months.

Sankari
08-04-2015, 10:28 AM
That sucks. I just don't have it right now -- just paid for stormtrooper and got scout trooper to pay tomorrow.

I would like to lock one up, Asmus, but I got to go where I can preorder without being charged for the next several months.

I agree, normal policy would be charge 20% now, the rest on delivery. Soon pre-orders will open on other stores.
I still want to know if the horse is the same as the Nazgul`s , if its the same body and articulation

Asmus
08-04-2015, 07:32 PM
The horse will be fully painted rather flocking this time.
There will be a base with iron tube like the Ringwraith included, and improvements on the joints, extend the angle of movements.
Also, the legs of the horse are now a mixture of PVC and ABS, so there are much stronger.

We only have very limited number available via our website, it is to protect our dealers since we offer a free shipping service.

Asmus
08-04-2015, 07:36 PM

Yes, I am so sorry,
it seems our system does not have this option, it will require a major system change which can only be done by professionals...

However, we have only very very limited number available online directly from us, and we offers free shipping.
so if you do have a budget in hand, and would love to save some shipping, this is it for you. Otherwise, we encourage to go to your regular dealer,
it will be just as good.

Wor-Gar
08-04-2015, 07:50 PM
There will be a base with iron tube like the Ringwraith included, and improvements on the joints, extend the angle of movements.
Also, the legs of the horse are now a mixture of PVC and ABS, so there are much stronger.

That's good to know!

Yes, I am so sorry,
it seems our system does not have this option, it will require a major system change which can only be done by professionals...

However, we have only very very limited number available online directly from us, and we offers free shipping.
so if you do have a budget in hand, and would love to save some shipping, this is it for you. Otherwise, we encourage to go to your regular dealer,
it will be just as good.

Thanks for the response. I'd love to order direct from you and take advantage of the free shipping, but I have to pay for too many things this month. But I will definitely be ordering this thru my usual retailer as soon as BBTS gets their stock in.

King T'Challa
08-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Woah!! Thats awesome! I'm in! Great work Asmus!!

qualitymm
08-04-2015, 11:52 PM
wait what 300$ for MOS only...or with the horse?

Asmus
08-05-2015, 01:07 AM
wait what 300$ for MOS only...or with the horse?

with the horse

Asmus
08-05-2015, 01:08 AM
2 more mouths...

Asmus
08-05-2015, 01:10 AM

cmiller99
08-05-2015, 01:29 AM
Very nice! Evil grin is my favourite.

SithThundercracker
08-05-2015, 01:35 AM
This is just great! Nice assortment of mouths, thanks for that.
I'm not sure about how the various layers drape (figure and horse) but if the clothing is workable with water like Morgul Lord I'm fine.
Also he may need some weathering.
But great job overall!

Warpsmith
08-05-2015, 02:21 AM

We only have very limited number available via our website, it is to protect our dealers since we offer a free shipping service.

Fantastic news! Thanks for the update...it's great having you here on the forum! :clap

CanadianBrandon
08-05-2015, 06:34 AM
I preordered him from you guys immediately. I can't wait!
The four different mouth options is brilliant!
I hope the stand is a bit stronger than the last... I get nervous with the Ringwraith version.

Sankari
08-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Just a quick question, what about materials ? Is his helmet diecast? And what about the horse armour ? Just trying to have a clear idea ;)

nexus
08-05-2015, 08:02 AM
This looks great. I'll PO but waiting for some more announcements.

Wor-Gar
08-05-2015, 08:55 AM

The four mouths are all GREAT choices! Not sure which is my favorite but leaning towards the "sneer".

illproxy
08-05-2015, 09:27 AM
apologies if this was covered but will MoS ever be available sans horse? curious.

does look incredible, well done Asmus!:clap

Bucky Underbelly
08-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Hmm. Good question. I assumed it was always a set.

After all, the only part of him that ever gets off his horse in the movie is his head! :lol

illproxy
08-05-2015, 09:37 AM
yeah :rotfl
but budget and space issues. would be happy with solo MoS, i can imagine scenes with him off horse etc so was curious.

mao86
08-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Looking good. The four mouths are all fantastic!!!!!

superdoug
08-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Looks awesome! No idea how I am going to get my wife to let me display this but it's Lord of the Rings and it looks fantastic so I will be getting one.

Stark Resilient
08-05-2015, 02:19 PM
God this is so damn tempting....

Bucky Underbelly
08-05-2015, 02:29 PM
The more I look at it, the more I love it. This and Saruman are my absolute faves in this line so far. Bravo, Asmus.

abake
08-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking of cancelling Chewie and Han for this...

Wor-Gar
08-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Hope someone will post as soon as BBTS has their set available.

Han/Chewie versus Mouth on steed....? Tough. Although, in time, there will always be another Han/Chewie to get.... doubtful another 1/6th Mouth on steed will ever be made.

qualitymm
08-05-2015, 06:03 PM
with the horse

pheww...

cmiller99
08-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Han/Chewie versus Mouth on steed....? Tough. Although, in time, there will always be another Han/Chewie to get.... doubtful another 1/6th Mouth on steed will ever be made.

Mouth on Steed will almost certainly never be done again. And it looks better than Chewie, and Han too.

Mouth of Sauron and his steed wins.

Warpsmith
08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Mouth on Steed will almost certainly never be done again. And it looks better than Chewie, and Han too.

My one concern here is if MOS and the steed will both fit in the cockpit? :panic:

WolfBoy
08-05-2015, 07:45 PM
This really is a rare once made type of figure, Han and Chewie will be sold everywhere down the line if you wanted them. I doubt youll be able to get this guy without paying triple the price later on.

D..C
08-06-2015, 05:03 AM
Wow Asmus you weren't joking about limited numbers from your website...
Out of stock already. Glad I ordered one earlier today.
Looks great!!

abake
08-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Hope someone will post as soon as BBTS has their set available.

This really is a rare once made type of figure, Han and Chewie will be sold everywhere down the line if you wanted them. I doubt youll be able to get this guy without paying triple the price later on.

Mouth of Sauron it is then.

Sankari
08-06-2015, 07:33 AM
ALREADY !? Damn , I talked to Asmus on facebook and they expected the stock to last for 1 week. I was waiting for my credit card to clear =/ guess I missed it

Stark Resilient
08-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Mouth of Sauron up for preorder at BBTS.. $340

1/6 Scale Return of The King - The Mouth of Sauron - Lord of the Rings: 12", 1/4 Scale & Premium Format Figures 12" Figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ASM10033&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=)

Wor-Gar
08-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Damn, well maybe a few will pop back up on card cancelations.

In any event, let's open up the retailers now.

Wor-Gar
08-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Mouth of Sauron up for preorder at BBTS.. $340

1/6 Scale Return of The King - The Mouth of Sauron - Lord of the Rings: 12", 1/4 Scale & Premium Format Figures 12" Figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ASM10033&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=)

Spoke too soon....

But WHAT!? $340!? What the hell? I would have bit at Asmus if I knew it was that big a gouge.

hoodonit00
08-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Spoke too soon....

But WHAT!? $340!? What the hell? I would have bit at Asmus if I knew it was that big a gouge.

BBTS has consistently been coming in higher than the other top retailers. I'm not even using them anymore.

Wor-Gar
08-06-2015, 09:54 AM
That's $40 plus another $10 +/- for shipping.... so its going to cost me $50 more! Wow, lesson learned.

Bucky Underbelly
08-06-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm very curious to know what kind of run they're planning for this guy. I could see them doing a small edition size because he's a super minor character who isn't even in the version of the movie most people have seen. BUT ... this is a pretty fantastic figure.

Wor-Gar
08-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Hopefully Andy will share the Edition size like George used to.

Lowest edition size they've done so far is 500 (Guritz). If they don't sell him as a single figure without horse -- which looks like they are not -- then definitely far fewer. Maybe 250 at best.

Bucky Underbelly
08-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Hopefully Andy will share the Edition size like George used to.

Lowest edition size they've done so far is 500 (Guritz). If they don't sell him as a single figure without horse -- which looks like they are not -- then definitely far fewer. Maybe 250 at best.

Hmm ... though he is a heck of a lot cooler than Guritz. He might appeal to non-LotR fans ...

I suppose they'll make their decision based on pre-order numbers. I'm very curious to see.

JonEl
08-06-2015, 11:26 AM
That's $40 plus another $10 +/- for shipping.... so its going to cost me $50 more! Wow, lesson learned.

Yeah I figure 15 for my shipping at least. He is so cool it's hard to say no but I may have to.

Invictus Sol
08-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Think about the aftermarket price, though. You've been wanting this figure forever. Hope you'll at least put one on order with BBTS until/if you secure one elsewhere. BBTS takes forever to get their stock in for overseas releases like this and ACI's LotR stuff, so you will have plenty of time to cancel if you are ultimately able to buy direct from ASMUS.

Wor-Gar
08-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Think about the aftermarket price, though. You've been wanting this figure forever. Hope you'll at least put one on order with BBTS until/if you secure one elsewhere. BBTS takes forever to get their stock in for overseas releases like this and ACI's LotR stuff, so you will have plenty of time to cancel if you are ultimately able to buy direct from ASMUS.

Yes, already ordered at BBTS. I will have this no matter what. But I wouldn't mind saving the $50 dollars.

I hope BBTS will correct its pricing as it has in the past. They're getting a retailer price to start, and then adding an additional $40 over suggested retail price. Seems high.

Jrobertson
08-06-2015, 12:35 PM
I am not to thrilled about the price but I ordered it anyway because this is to awesome a figure to not get.

Invictus Sol
08-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Yes, already ordered at BBTS. I will have this no matter what. But I wouldn't mind saving the $50 dollars.

I hope BBTS will correct its pricing as it has in the past. They're getting a retailer price to start, and then adding an additional $40 over suggested retail price. Seems high.
Nice, glad you won't be missing out! And yes, BBTS is pretty steep for these releases. It was cheaper for me to buy ACI's Ringwraiths from AniMarket and have them shipped from Sinapore EMS than to buy direct from BBTS (partly b/c EMS shipping seems to bypass taxes/duties at the border). So they definitely add a heathy premium for themselves but I agree with you guys that this will be a small, almost prestige, release and I'd expect it to be pretty steep on the aftermarket. Awesome figure but SW is making me cut down other licenses to a bare minimum. Will actually be selling a couple more figures to make room, shortly. :monkey2

CanadianBrandon
08-06-2015, 06:41 PM
I ordered straight from Asmus to take advantage of the free shipping. But with the Australian dollar sucking so bad right now it cost me $420aud :(
Oh well, this is a must have for me!

shocktrooper_au
08-07-2015, 02:11 AM
I ordered straight from Asmus to take advantage of the free shipping. But with the Australian dollar sucking so bad right now it cost me $420aud :(
Oh well, this is a must have for me!
Sounds like you got ripped on the conversion should (only) be $25 per 100 spend more

hoodonit00
08-07-2015, 05:19 AM
$290 pre-order price with a 30$ NRD. Timewalker Toys.Mouth of Sauron (http://www.timewalkertoys.com/Mouth-of-Sauron-Asmus-One-Sixth-Figure-p/ams-lotr009.htm)

superdoug
08-07-2015, 06:38 AM
$290 pre-order price with a 30$ NRD. Timewalker Toys.Mouth of Sauron (http://www.timewalkertoys.com/Mouth-of-Sauron-Asmus-One-Sixth-Figure-p/ams-lotr009.htm)

Great deal! I already jumped on board when it went up on Asmus' site but I have a few LOTR orders with that store. So far they have been great.

hoodonit00
08-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Great deal! I already jumped on board when it went up on Asmus' site but I have a few LOTR orders with that store. So far they have been great.

Great to hear. I have Aragorn and GTG on pre-order with them. Still not sure if I'm going to bite on this one or not. Definitely looks awesome though.

Sankari
08-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Great to hear. I have Aragorn and GTG on pre-order with them. Still not sure if I'm going to bite on this one or not. Definitely looks awesome though.

What do you mean by GTG ? Gandalf the grey isn't up for pre-order yet

hoodonit00
08-07-2015, 09:12 AM
What do you mean by GTG ? Gandalf the grey isn't up for pre-order yet

:slap I meant Saruman.

Wor-Gar
08-07-2015, 09:40 AM

That is a great price. What's the shipping?

That's a $50 spread between them and BBTS. That's way too much.

illproxy
08-07-2015, 10:50 AM
so def no MOS sans horse option?:panic:

Stryker2011
08-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I don't understand why you guys don't use Timewalkertoys? They have this up for PO at $289.99. BBTS is a rip off.

Shipping from TWT is just under $12

Stark Resilient
08-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Gahhh TWT's price is very good.. I don't know if I SHOULD do it tho...

Wor-Gar
08-07-2015, 02:26 PM
I don't understand why you guys don't use Timewalkertoys? They have this up for PO at $289.99. BBTS is a rip off.

Yep. Gonna go with them.

TripleCP
08-07-2015, 03:07 PM
so def no MOS sans horse option?:panic:

I remember Asmus announcing that Mouth of Sauron was probably going to be their first "mounted only" figure when they first started talking about adding horses to the line.

Just switched my pre-orders from BBTS to Timewalker. Better prices and I want to support the continuation of their WWI line.

sixxshooter
08-07-2015, 04:10 PM

Time walker toys are a very good company . I'm going with them also .

ChibiSchmoo
08-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the tip about Timewalker (just gave them a lot of $$ in preorders)! I was bummed to miss it directly from Asmus yesterday. Hope Asmus doesn't underestimate the demand for this and lose out on potential sales. The figure looks great and seems to be appealing to the statue collectors who never got this one in Sideshow's original horse & rider run.

superdoug
08-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Yup. I had such a good experience with them and the pricing is right. Bbts is great for anything I am not 100% on because of their preorder policy and the pile of loot but I am not canceling LOTRs so it just makes a lot of sense to pick them on these.

hoodonit00
08-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Just watched the MOS scene at the Black Gates on YouTube. Such an awesome creepy character. The interchangeable mouths are ingenious.

Wor-Gar
08-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Does Timewalker get their Asmus stock fairly quickly?

hoodonit00
08-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Does Timewalker get their Asmus stock fairly quickly?

IIRC they got Eowyn in before or at least as quick as BBTS and Cotswold.

Wor-Gar
08-07-2015, 06:53 PM
There ya have it then. Thank you.

Geb
08-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the tips on TimeWalkerToys!! I just went ahead and ordered the Mouth of Sauron...and Bard...and Saruman...and RIDDICK!!

Great prices...hope they have better customer service than Urban Samurai Hobbies...USH hasn't exactly been bad per say...but pretty non-responsive.

Buttmunch
08-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I've ordered from Timewalker several times and have had nothing but great experiences. They are definitely one of the 'good guys' out there. I too switched from BBTS and ordered the Mouth and Sarauman from them. I didn't know they were carrying the line or else I would have gone with them from the beginning.

Stryker2011
08-08-2015, 01:26 PM
No worries about TWT. Ive ordered from them pretty extensively over the last couple of years and they've always responded to my emails. If your fairly patient, like me, when you place orders you can decide to combine orders, or have everything ship seperately. I usually combine shipping, as it saves on costs. Even if you don't pick the combine shipping option, they usually make that decision if they see a couple of your items are coming at the same time. Steve and Margaret are awesome people. I'm planning a trip down to Kansas in a couple weeks just so I can meet them in person.

Sidewinder
08-09-2015, 11:24 AM
I hadn't watched Return Of The King in years and couldn't remember this character at all. So I wasn't surprised to find it was deleted from the theatrical version because I only saw the extended cut a short time ago. I had to look on YouTube for the scene to remember this character. Even with all the makeup and effects, it's funny that I could still tell it was Bruce Spence lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matticus
08-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Funny you guys are talking about Timewalker, I just ran into a setup they had at the Kansas City Comic Con. Got Steven's card and plan to head out there sometime soon to check out their store. Don't know about how their shipping goes, but I didn't care for the Asmus LOTR stuff til I seen it in person. Both Nazgul on Steed and Gandalf look awesome. Also didn't realize the IM3 Igor armor was the size of a small child nor how huge the Keaton Batmobile is.

Indeedely
08-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Is the horse articulated like the nazgul steed? Or is it a statue?

Timewalker toys are great. I left BBTS long long ago due to customer service. And I found timewalker toys two years ago, and buy mostly from them typically combining orders but they raised the limit for that.

Jrobertson
08-10-2015, 08:28 AM
BBTS just dropped the price to 299.99 thats much better.

Invictus Sol
08-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Man, BBTS is just so mercenary with their pricing.

Bucky Underbelly
08-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Oh good. I was hoping that would happen.

JonEl
08-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Awesome news about BBTS dropping the price. I'm glad I preordered with them after missing the direct preorder

The Ween
08-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Glad they did that! :)

Wor-Gar
08-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Yep, BBTS dropped their margin. $299.99 plus $5.75 shipping is pretty damn good. I think that's only a few bucks more than Timewalker... which came out to about $302+ shipped.

I would imagine it had a lot to do with all the sudden cancelations when everyone went to Timewalker.

The Ween
08-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Yep, BBTS dropped their margin. $299.99 plus $5.75 shipping is pretty damn good. I think that's only a few bucks more than Timewalker... which came out to about $302+ shipped.

I would imagine it had a lot to do with all the sudden cancelations when everyone went to Timewalker.

If they hadn't dropped it. I would've switched. I won't bother now because there's no NRD with BBTS. Just in case.

Wor-Gar
08-10-2015, 09:27 PM
If they hadn't dropped it. I would've switched. I won't bother now because there's no NRD with BBTS. Just in case.

Like I said, I'm sure that's why they dropped it. I would have switched too, had the Timewalker page bookmarked and all.

Still might switch out Saruman and Aragorn to Timewalker.

Invictus Sol
08-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Think it's not a bad message to send to say no thanks to gouging. Usually I just accept BBTS pricing but this example really shows they were adding an evidently unsustainable premium, as opposed to offering a fair price off the hop.

And just for interest's sake, before they dropped their price I compared again w/AniMarket and like the Ringwraiths it would've been slightly less to buy direct with 3 day EMS air shipping from them. That's a pretty crazy mark-up to even attempt since BBTS will be paying dealer prices and getting these by boat. At those prices, they probably would've been making more off each set than ASMUS. :lol

abake
08-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Cancelled Han and Chewie and ordered Mouth of Sauron at Timewalker! :yess:

Looking forward to this.

TurdFurgusonsHat
08-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Pics look nice so far, I have high hopes for improvements made to this horse. I'd like to ask an open question to anyone who has the nazgul steed, basically now that you have owned it awhile how is it holding up? I have passed on it up to this point for 2 reasons: 1) I'm very concerned the flocking will deteriorate and 2) stability, are the joints holding up and will it stay upright? I'm not the biggest lotr fan, but these dark creepy evil characters always struck me as being the highlight of the films. Thanks for any insight

mah45
08-14-2015, 12:49 AM
Toys Square has it on pre order at $299 US

Toy Square :: 12" Action Figure :: Other Figure :: Asmus Toys - 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Series (http://www.toys2.net/Asmus-Toys-1-6-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Series.html)

Rydeck
08-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Hmm... now that Aragorn and Tauriel are up on Sideshow, what are the chances of this being available there?

Flex pay sounds nice for this figure.

Wor-Gar
08-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Is anyone familiar with Timewalker Toys cancelation policy? Do the charge a restock fee or anything if you cancel prior to arrival?

Buttmunch
08-15-2015, 05:59 PM
MoS does have an NRD with them, so there is that.

I think I cancelled one item with them before, I don't recall there being a cancellation fee although they did ask why. Thankfully it was a quality with the item issue rather than telling them I'd rather order else where. I do like to help the 'little guys' out there when I can so I'd have felt bad for cancelling for something like that.

Wor-Gar
08-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Pretty crazy with the prices all over the place. SIDESHOW of all companies if offering Saruman for $179.99...

That's $10 less than BBTS.... same price as Timewalker Toys (although $5 less for preorder).

BACON!
08-24-2015, 05:39 PM
I feel a bit late to the game on this figure, in that I only discovered it this weekend.

Absolutely stunning! A must have! I preordered this and Saurman and prey Asmus doesn't make anything else I deem essential for my collection.

Very much looking forward to receiving this figure!

The Ween
08-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Pretty crazy with the prices all over the place. SIDESHOW of all companies if offering Saruman for $179.99...

That's $10 less than BBTS.... same price as Timewalker Toys (although $5 less for preorder).

Like I said before though, you have to watch Sideshow's shipping charges. For me here in Ohio, it's an average of $25 for a normal size figure.

BBTS is around $10.

King T'Challa
08-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Its up on Sideshow! $299,99 The Lord of the Rings The Mouth of Sauron Sixth Scale Figure | Sideshow Collectibles (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-mouth-of-sauron-asmus-collectible-toys-902542/)

Wor-Gar
08-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Nice!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/lord-of-the-rings-mouth-of-sauron-sixth-scale-asmus-silo-902542.png

The Ween
08-28-2015, 04:32 PM
They have almost all the Ausmus figures now. I find it a little odd that they aren't putting them on SSC's homepage in the new section. You have to click a link before you can see them.

Invictus Sol
08-28-2015, 07:07 PM
That does look awesome. Happy for Asmus that Sideshow's distributing. Flexpay should open up a bunch more sales for them.

Bucky Underbelly
08-28-2015, 07:50 PM
Excellent!

Flexed!

They don't seem to have Guritz or the Witch-King (those may have been smaller runs that are already sold through). They also don't have the Nazgul/Steed set yet. Hope they eventually get that one because I'd love to use the Flex system for it.

Bucky Underbelly
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
I wonder if the sudden rush of cancelled orders will cause BBTS to rethink their no-NRD policy. Hope not.

Travis Baumann
08-29-2015, 11:01 AM
I caved. He is just too awesome. I played around with my Nazghul on steed and it is a great piece. Cant wait for the new body so he can hold his weapons convincingly. Now I just have to find space for a second mounted monstrosity.

I wonder how big Sauron will be when they get around to him. I can see him standing flanked by MOS on one side, Mounted Nazghul on the other and Witch King up front leading the charge.

Warpsmith
08-30-2015, 09:33 AM
I wonder how big Sauron will be when they get around to him. I can see him standing flanked by MOS on one side, Mounted Nazghul on the other and Witch King up front leading the charge.

To be accurate to scale he needs to be approximately 18.5" tall plus however high he measures to the tips of his helm.

Buttmunch
08-31-2015, 10:33 PM
He was about 10 feet tall in the film right? We're talking Hulkbuster size I think.

Warpsmith
09-01-2015, 04:30 PM
He was about 10 feet tall in the film right? We're talking Hulkbuster size I think.

His actual size (head to toe) excluding his armor is 9'2".

Wor-Gar
09-01-2015, 04:39 PM
I have a feeling we'll be lucky if he's 12.5" tall (dismounted) in this case.

TripleCP
09-01-2015, 05:20 PM
I have a feeling we'll be lucky if he's 12.5" tall (dismounted) in this case.

I think they're referring to a hoped-for Sauron figure, not MoS.

Wor-Gar
09-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I think they're referring to a hoped-for Sauron figure, not MoS.

Ooooooooh..... I thought I read back far enough.

Wor-Gar
09-13-2015, 12:30 PM
The Mouth is coming....

Wor-Gar
09-13-2015, 12:31 PM
The Mouth is here...

Show stopper right there!

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/10418486_10152982078396968_1959487520132502159_n.j pg?oh=ac997348d82a508caf27807d14efef97&oe=569D513B

How do you say no to this...?

Warpsmith
09-13-2015, 01:58 PM
The Mouth is here...

Show stopper right there!

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/10418486_10152982078396968_1959487520132502159_n.j pg?oh=ac997348d82a508caf27807d14efef97&oe=569D513B

How do you say no to this...?

You don't. Just click pre-order and start counting the days. :impatient:

CanadianBrandon
09-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Looks so good it could be 1:1 scale. This is a home run from Asmus. Can't wait to have it on my shelf!

sixxshooter
09-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Wow . What a sick looking Piece. Can't wait

WolfBoy
09-13-2015, 07:08 PM
its a beast of a figure! really badass looking.

Bucky Underbelly
09-13-2015, 07:51 PM
That ... is ... gorgeous.

Can't wait for this.

The only thing that would make it better would be if they'd include Frodo's mithril shirt. (Still crossing my fingers for that.)

ImABarRoomHero
09-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Unloaded my rewards for this. So glad SSC picked them up. This is actually for my wife. Out of all the characters throughout all the films, this is her favorite character. She's losing her mind at these STGCC pics. When she was younger she was apparently a ridiculous Grand Champions collector, it's awesome seeing that segway when she goes off about how cool this set is, lol.

Stark Resilient
09-14-2015, 08:45 AM
I want to get this guy so bad, but I feel like he's not important enough to LotR for me to do it. With Aragorn and Gandalf the Grey coming, I think I have to pass this guy up, which kills me to say, because he just looks incredible.

kengiu
09-14-2015, 10:38 AM
molte foto sul mio forum

Asmus Toys: Mouth of Sauron - ACTION DOLLS (http://metalrobot.forumfree.it/?t=71142310#lastpost)

Bucky Underbelly
09-14-2015, 01:11 PM
It's absurd how much I love this thing.

FlyAndFight
09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
I know that I sound like a broken record but he really needs to be holding up Frodo's mithril shirt.

Glennfett
09-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Actually one of my fav scenes from the ext edition...
Love his voice and he is played by an Aussie actor, so am a little biased, lol.

Bucky Underbelly
09-14-2015, 03:20 PM
I know that I sound like a broken record but he really needs to be holding up Frodo's mithril shirt.

:goodpost:

It's my ONLY quibble with this figure.

The Ween
09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Those extra mouth pieces sitting beside him are extra creepy by themselves. :lol

Bucky Underbelly
09-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Those extra mouth pieces sitting beside him are extra creepy by themselves. :lol

It would be so awesome if they fit into the HT Batman or Robocop! :lol

hoodonit00
09-14-2015, 07:51 PM

That's funny. I think SST's Wolverine is supposed to have interchangeable mouths to. Would look wild on him to.

WolfBoy
09-15-2015, 05:14 AM

cool idea.

denrep-lilium
09-15-2015, 10:53 AM
This one and Saruman are the best looking figures!

cmiller99
09-17-2015, 12:17 AM

cmiller99
09-17-2015, 12:18 AM
You'd have to turn them upside down probably...

Buttmunch
09-17-2015, 10:33 PM

Ditto. Its the only item he actually holds aside from the Horse's reins. You'd think it would be at the top of the list of things to include with him. I'm not even sure I realized he had a sword until this figure, but I sure knew he had the Mithril shirt! :lol

Bucky Underbelly
09-17-2015, 11:11 PM

:clap

:rotfl:rotfl

I think Bruce is going to need to add some Chapstick to his utility belt.

The_Darkness_Predator
09-19-2015, 04:25 AM
LOL

"...It's not who I am underneath... but what I *do*... that defines me."

mrdbios
09-19-2015, 10:00 PM
The Mouth was one of those characters from the book that always stuck with me. When he wasn't in the theatrical version of the film I was disappointed, but the EE fixed that for me.

This looks great, and I think it will definitely find a way into my collection.

Warpsmith
09-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Every time I watch the Extended Edition of this scene, I am always reminded of Peter Jackson's humor. The MOS is very reminiscent of the silliness in Dead Alive...Bruce Spence is perfect here. :ogat

mrdbios
09-20-2015, 06:29 AM
I remember looking at some of the BTS stuff on the Extended Edition, and there was a part where they were designing the mouth of the Mouth. I think at one point they considered having the mouth oriented up and down and I seem to remember a short screen test of it. It surely looked freaky! That being said, the version they went with works extremely well.

That smile...

Bucky Underbelly
11-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Just got the e-mail from Sideshow pushing my last Flex payment to December. I never expected this one to ship this month, but it would be great to get a realistic timetable of the release dates on the half dozen figures Asmus has in the pipeline at this point.

Wor-Gar
11-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Everything just got pushed, huh?

Oh well, I hope they don't end up stacking all three on top of one another (Aragorn, Mouth and Saruman)...

Bucky Underbelly
11-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Everything just got pushed, huh?

Oh well, I hope they don't end up stacking all three on top of one another (Aragorn, Mouth and Saruman)...

Right? I'd prefer they don't stack them either. They've currently still got them piled five-deep: Aragorn, Saruman, Mouth, Bard and Tauriel all scheduled for December now. But I fully expect them to keep pushing some of those back every month over the next couple of months.

I bet it's not really a delay, per se, but has more to do with the timing of when Sideshow acquired the rights to distribute this line. They kind of came in part-way through and put all of these up for pre-order at the same time. I doubt they were ever intended to be released this month. November just happened to be three months away when orders went live, so that's what the three-payment Flex plan defaulted to. I'd be willing to wager these start shipping one or two a month over the next three or four months.

Maybe Bard in December? Aragorn and Tauriel maybe in January? I don't really expect to see Saruman or Mouth of Sauron before February.

All just my guessing, of course. I have no inside knowledge. And all that said, I'd kinda be delighted if they all shipped next month!

sixxshooter
11-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Asmus @ STGCC 2015 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/-bQIxgxVRfw)

FlyAndFight
11-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Mouth of Sauron looks fantastic in that video. I also love Gandalf and his horse drawn cart. Great details with the fireworks.

Bucky Underbelly
12-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Just got an e-mail from Sideshow pushing my final Flex payment back another month to January.

Not unexpected. Fine by me. Looking forward to getting this creepy freak in hand, though.

Wor-Gar
12-01-2015, 10:49 PM
I need the month, good news.

gideon
12-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Mouth of Sauron looks fantastic in that video. I also love Gandalf and his horse drawn cart. Great details with the fireworks.

If they are going to do the cart, they will need a lot more fireworks to fill that space which looks rather empty.

As much as I love the Jackson Middle-earth films, the fireworks cart that Mike Kaluta designed and painted years ago and was in a Tolkien Calendar was the best ever.

darkeyes
12-21-2015, 06:16 PM
If they are going to do the cart, they will need a lot more fireworks to fill that space which looks rather empty.

As much as I love the Jackson Middle-earth films, the fireworks cart that Mike Kaluta designed and painted years ago and was in a Tolkien Calendar was the best ever.

Hmmm...this one?

gideon
12-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Hmmm...this one?

Exactly!!! Well done. That is one of my favorite Tolkien inspired illustrations. To bad PJ did not steal it for FELLOWSHIP.

cmiller99
12-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Seems a bit over the top for the style they were going for with the movies. It's a nice design though.

WolfBoy
12-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Hmmm...this one?

looks too santa claus-ish.

Wor-Gar
12-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Where's the Mouth release pics...?

Wor-Gar
01-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Same question, different month: Where's the Mouth release pics...?

ImABarRoomHero
02-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Same question, different month: Where's the Mouth release pics...?

Shhh! They're too busy showing pictures of Merry and Pippin! Let them have their moment! Sheesh!

CanadianBrandon
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Shhh! They're too busy showing pictures of Merry and Pippin! Let them have their moment! Sheesh!

Haha hold on now it's a fair question. Considering he asked the question the first time long before the Merry and Pippin photos came out.

I would like to see some photos of the MOS as well, considering they avoided posting the Tauriel photos till after she was released and then we all found out why...I'd love some assurance that MOS won't be the same.

The proto pics of MOS looked freaking amazing so it would be great to see how the finished product looks.

Also are the hobbits now being shipped before MOS?

Radagaster
02-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Haha hold on now it's a fair question. Considering he asked the question the first time long before the Merry and Pippin photos came out.

I would like to see some photos of the MOS as well, considering they avoided posting the Tauriel photos till after she was released and then we all found out why...I'd love some assurance that MOS won't be the same.

The proto pics of MOS looked freaking amazing so it would be great to see how the finished product looks.

Also are the hobbits now being shipped before MOS?

Looks that way because they already billed me for the rest of the payment for the 2 Hobbits. The MOS is currently in limbo it seems, so the lack of updates tells me they're running into a production issue. All well and good, except for people who paid deposits up front. I'd rather Asmus fix any production issues, rather than get another Ringwraith or Morgul Lord fiasco.

PG1973
02-02-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't remember seeing any pics of Saruman before being released. I think there was that scary in the box photo that came out first that had everyone including me worried. In the end Saruman turned out great. Let them take their time... And I am one of the ones who paid up front so they bettet not cut corners on this.

CanadianBrandon
02-02-2016, 03:10 PM
I don't remember seeing any pics of Saruman before being released. I think there was that scary in the box photo that came out first that had everyone including me worried. In the end Saruman turned out great. Let them take their time... And I am one of the ones who paid up front so they bettet not cut corners on this.

You're right they didn't post a photo of Saruman before hand either and he turned out great.

I also paid upfront for MOS. I would always rather a company get a figure right instead of getting it out "on time".

That being said I still like to see photos 😝

ImABarRoomHero
02-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Well, just got my notice that this is pushed back another 1-2 months....

sixxshooter
02-08-2016, 02:17 PM
From who ? SSC ? I have it preordered as well .

ImABarRoomHero
02-08-2016, 02:18 PM
From who ? SSC ? I have it preordered as well .

Yep expected warehouse date is now April-May.

ImABarRoomHero
03-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Just received an e-mail that my final payment will go through April 25th. :clap

Bucky Underbelly
03-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Yup. Got my e-mails this morning, too. Currently the final Sideshow Flex payments for Mouth, Bard and Tauriel are now all set for April. Fingers crossed this one sticks. Sideshow has pushed the whole group back four or five times now.

Though Saruman is shipping now and it looks like Aragorn will finally ship this month. So it seems like Sideshow's getting their shipments sorted out at last. Here's hoping!

Asmus
03-01-2016, 01:53 PM
likely to be the end of this month,
everything is pushed back for the Chinese New Year holidays.
really sorry about this.

Bucky Underbelly
03-01-2016, 02:16 PM
likely to be the end of this month,
everything is pushed back for the Chinese New Year holidays.
really sorry about this.

Oh, I'm not complaining! I actually like that these were spaced out a little. (It helped me afford all of them, actually.) But I am pleased that Sideshow seems to be getting their allotment now!

Jrobertson
03-02-2016, 10:36 AM
I look forward to seeing this.

Thainitty
03-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Cannot wait to get this, really one of my most anticipated figures

hoodonit00
03-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Have the horse legs been fixed so that it stands better Asmus?

ImABarRoomHero
03-29-2016, 05:51 AM
Just received an e-mail that my final payment will go through April 25th. :clap

Got an e-mail pushing it back to May again.... This has been a roller coaster of emotions.

Bucky Underbelly
03-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Got an e-mail pushing it back to May again.... This has been a roller coaster of emotions.

Yeah, I got that one, too. Along with three other e-mails from Sideshow pushing back Bard, Tauriel and Merry/Pippin to May as well. (Though M/P were scheduled for May from the beginning.) Add Gandalf the Grey and the 3Zero Rick Grimes to that list and my May is shaping up to be a wallet murderer.

Though I do expect at least a couple of those will get pushed back (again) into June. At least I HOPE!

Wor-Gar
03-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Disappointing, but this doesn't have anything to do with Asmus sounds like. HT Leia also got pushed back. Sounds like Sideshow is having organizational problems with their own deliveries.

Maybe because of the late arrival of HT Vader re-issue.

Bucky Underbelly
03-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Disappointing, but this doesn't have anything to do with Asmus sounds like. HT Leia also got pushed back. Sounds like Sideshow is having organizational problems with their own deliveries.

Maybe because of the late arrival of HT Vader re-issue.

Yeah. This seems like it's been a shipping/logistics issue with Sideshow all along. I mean, Bard has been out elsewhere for months and they still don't have him. I wonder if the Tauriel situation may have something to do with it? I know Asmus has said the allotment Sideshow will be getting will have the improved heads. Maybe all the delayed figures are part of the same shipment from Asmus to Sideshow?

superdoug
03-30-2016, 05:17 AM
They might be switching the Bard forearms. Remember there is an issue with the hand pegs. Mine has held up find but I think they said they might change the ones that hadn't been released yet.

Asmus
03-30-2016, 10:09 PM
They might be switching the Bard forearms. Remember there is an issue with the hand pegs. Mine has held up find but I think they said they might change the ones that hadn't been released yet.

Yes, SS batch will come with the new arms, if not, the arms will be included in the box.

D..C
03-31-2016, 12:23 AM
Asmus, will orders of MoS through your website be shipping soon?
Great looking Orc tease by the way on Facebook!

superdoug
03-31-2016, 03:02 AM
Yes! Orcs!

hoodonit00
03-31-2016, 04:52 AM
Is it an Uruk Hai?

superdoug
03-31-2016, 06:46 AM
The mouth looks like.

hoodonit00
03-31-2016, 07:05 AM
The mouth looks like.

Grishnahk?

macky17g
04-17-2016, 01:50 PM
when is this released

Asmus
04-18-2016, 01:30 AM
when is this released

Scheduled to leave the factory on 20th of May.

Thainitty
04-18-2016, 03:02 AM
Yes!!!!! I am so excited to get this guy! Thanks for the update asmus!

Travis Baumann
04-18-2016, 09:41 AM
It is cool to see some of the people/process of how these get made. I would definitely be interested to see more behind the scenes type stuff like this.

Just curious if any of these people have any interest whatsoever in the source material or the finished product.

Wor-Gar
04-18-2016, 02:36 PM

Awesome behind-the-scenes photos!!! :clap

Got this and his steed on preorder at BBTS. Hope to convert it to an Asmus order once they receive shipment.

Bucky Underbelly
04-18-2016, 03:18 PM

Excellent! :clap

So Sideshow should be getting their supply sometime in June or July?

Works for me!

Looking forward to this guy!

FlyAndFight
04-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Looking forward to this one.

hoodonit00
04-18-2016, 06:05 PM
Will this horse stand better than the Nazgul horse?

ImABarRoomHero
05-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Aaaand July to August.

PG1973
06-01-2016, 03:17 AM
Some new pics...

nathan.never
06-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Hm, not feeling it for some reason... maybe bad pictures?

superdoug
06-01-2016, 04:36 AM
Hmmm. Super excited but our house is set to sell at the end of next month. Hopefully if it doesn't arrive in time the post office forwards it correctly.

CanadianBrandon
06-01-2016, 05:48 AM
I can't wait to get this in hand!

PG1973
06-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Can't tell if there are any changes made to the horse.