New Selene on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280076524668&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1

Now normally I'm a fan of Louie (CustomDawg of Triad Toys) but if you look at it apart from the headsculpt (which I don't think is any closer than the SSC Anna) and the custom guns its all out of the box Triad product. And its not particularly screen accurate - Boot heels instead of flat boots and the straps aren't right, the corset isn't close (and it should just wrap around the body - the crotch strap should have been removed) - I really can't see the value in the price its reached.

Louie was showing some previews of this awhile back. 1st let me say i'm a huge fan of Louie's customs and of how he's made Triad a contender, but i've noticed when he comes out w/ a custom nowadays, the prices reach ridiculous amounts sometimes. i'm sure he's built up a loyal fan base w/ his customs and that's who end up "fighting" for it. i've seen this kind of bidding on a few other big name customizer's work, a couple who come here heh. it only takes a small group of fanatics! i bet i could name some of the bidders on that.

The SSC sculpt is dead on if a bit large, this doesn't look like Kate to me at all. But there's no denying the quality of the figure though. If someone's willing to pay that amount, obviously it's worth that much.

Well - for an exercise - how much are the parts:

Body $13
Coat $33
Catsuit $35
Corset $17

So roughly $100 for everything but the guns and head.

Louie's new DX range are about $80 for a costume and head - so I think the heads work out at around $40.

Personally - I'd grab one at $140 but I think $500 is a bit steep based on the above.

Did I mention I'm an accountant ?

Lord, i totally agree w/ u. it does seem to be put together w/ available parts/kitbashed. but it's worth what someone wants to pay for it WITHOUT having to do the work.

I think it's a nice kitbash, but I dont like the headsculpt. Doesnt seem accurate to me.

but... something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.If they like it, then they'll buy it I guess. For that price though I'd want a more accurate headsculpt.

Triad makes wonderful limited production items and Louies paint work and rooting are excellent. I'm not sure this is really a custom figure the way his earlier work was. This is bashed from production parts with a custom head. It's not like his earlier handmade one of a kinds. It's still an awfully nice figure.
And I agree on the Kate sculpt. Not as dead on as the SSC version but also not absurdly oversize either. It really is a dead ringer for Lara Flynn Boyle though. Louie did a great job with it anyway.
I'd like a Lara Flynn Boyle Doll. Guess you'd have to use an Obitsu extra emaciated type A body instead of a Cy Type for it to be accurate. Then dress it in a tutu and pose it on a red carpet. Eh, I don't really need a LFB doll now that I think about it.

I already own the costume, and for far less than $100. It's waaaay over priced.
Who ever bought this for $510 was probably drunk.

screamingmetal said:
I already own the costume, and for far less than $100. It's waaaay over priced.
Who ever bought this for $510 was probably drunk.

hell it's still got almost 5 days to go. Louie has such diehard fans i wouldn't be surprised to see it go higher. i've noticed that w/ Customizers, name recognition means alot.
personally i don't think it's one of his best tho.

Mookeylama said:
hell it's still got almost 5 days to go. Louie has such diehard fans i wouldn't be surprised to see it go higher. i've noticed that w/ Customizers, name recognition means alot.
personally i don't think it's one of his best tho.
I agree with everything you said.
But shouldn't those same people know that most of this stuff is easy to come by? Hell, they probably own multiples of the same costume pieces already.
Louie does some great customs from time to time, if he hand sewed this outfit then it might warrant the higher price, but this figure just seams more kitbash than custom to me.

Mookeylama said:
1st let me say i'm a huge fan of Louie's customs and of how he's made Triad a contender.....

i'm rooting for triad, but apart from their much, much delayed figure bodies, they haven't shown me anything yet other than endless sets of cy girl clothes. :rolleyes: i'm hoping they will eventually "contend", but i'm betting their boxed figure line is gonna tank.

i wish them well, but i wish they would release some stuff, mainly their figure bodies.:chew

FYI I grabbed all the prices off the Triad Web page - they are all in stock and available from a single supplier.....

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see a side business set up at some stage to dodge threatening the main one with some nice sculpts as seen on his exhibits at past toy shows

Sounds like a need a new hobby...making 12" Selene action-figures!!! WOW..can't believe what these are fetching on eBay!!!

cheers,

Brad

Back