Home away from home...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

:maul I see--- so I am a freak afterall. Hello everyone-- it's wonderful to find a "community" of likeminded individuals who feel the same about collecting. I've followed the usual evolution of a collector. My earliest memories (I'm mid 30's) are of sitting in a darkened theatre in Scotland with my father and older brother... When that dark-helmeted sith came on the screen, juxtaposed against the crisp white of both his imperial lackeys and the walls of the captured Tantive IV, I was hooked-- and as my father constantly reminds me to this day I was palm-sweating like nobodies business. Afterwards in the lobby my brother wisely bought Chewie and Luke--- I, being younger and obviously lacking in prophetic wisdom, snagged a Princess and protocol droid. Things could only go up from there. My collection was one that I played with (and took care of as it exists completely to this day). Only in the last five to ten years have I been pulled back into collecting-- this time for pure display reasons. It started with Phantom Menace... Continued with the introduction of Toy Biz's Marvel Legends... Reached a crescendo with The Lord of the Rings... But it was on a summer return to Scotland with my wife (we live in Canada now) when I saw tuxedo-wearing Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan as Bond from a little company known as SIDESHOW. I was hooked once again. Long story short (TOO LATE... any CLUE fans in attendance?) I've since purchased every 12" Bond fig released. Now it's on to Star Wars as I anxiously await Jabba--- (I've only nixed the three Endor troopers for merely financial and ethical reasons) to join all of the other already released Star Wars 12" figs in my possession. Thankfully I've got an understanding wife who lets me display (and constantly rearrange my displays) all of my collection in my office at home. Well, that's me in a nutshell (look I'm in a nutshell---- Austin fans?). Looking forward to many in-depth discussions about topics of dire consequences... mainly articulation and how are they going to make Chewie's hair? Take care fellow collectors. Thanks for letting me move in next door.
View attachment 2254

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome006cx9.gif

to the freak show DarthNeil!

I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you.
You're who?

spaceballswhatot1nw9.gif

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes-- for a minute there I didn't think I'd get any since I wasn't from England having gone to the same school as Bunky and sitting three rows over from Everheart in Miss Swansdim's primary room. Anyway--- thanks for the welcomes. Waiting patiently for Jabba and his throne. Others?

Thanks very much for the warm welcomes to this community. Unfortunately my mother-in-law just passed away and I'm away with my wife taking care of life in the real world---- that's why the made up world we collect can be so much less painful. Be well fellow collectors.

Ummmmm... thanks (and obviously you didn't read my previous post)--- but at least you gave me a laugh.

Back