Greetings from the UK.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan_White

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name, as I'm sure those with wits about you can guess, is Jonathan. I reside in rockin' town of Manchester in the north of England, one of the coutnries which makes up the UK. Been collecting action figures for just about 2 years, mostly comic book related stuff, with a branch off into sci-fi, but like I'm sure we all have had, there was tat sixth month period where I just bought anything and everything!

Now though I've narrowed down my collection habits to the following...

- Marvel Legends
- Pretty much any decent Batman figure/statue
- 1/6th Scale figures (Takara, Medicom, Sideshow etc)
- Sideshow Marvel Premium Format figures
(Although I do stray from this doctrine occasionaly :))

I'd say for an 18 year old collector I've managed to hone what I like early enough so that my money wont go to waste :).

Look forward to chatting with all of you :chew

P.S. While I've got your attention, does anybody have any idea what kind of shipping I can expect to pay on a PF direct from sideshow to the UK?

hey welcome 2 the board.

heres wat i paid for Lurtz PF direct from SS

Freight: $28.00
VAT/Sales Tax: $66.15

hope this helps

great to start when your young! Got Boromir SSW statue when I was 17 and haven't looked back

Cheers

Colin

ifu03612 said:
hey welcome 2 the board.

heres wat i paid for Lurtz PF direct from SS

Freight: $28.00
VAT/Sales Tax: $66.15

hope this helps

great to start when your young! Got Boromir SSW statue when I was 17 and haven't looked back

Cheers

Colin

So are you a Brit then? Are there many Brits on these boards?

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Hi Jonathan,

There are quite a few brits on the board including myself. There are far more american board members, and they usually get items faster & cheaper than we do - but that's life.:D

The activity on the board varies although I try to at least visit most days.

Obviously when Sideshow (and other companies) announce new product / preorder or ship new items then the board is much busier.

It's quite an addictive hobby & expensive for an 18 year old to maintain. Sounds like you know what you like, but beware the PF's are very large & very addictive & can make other figures look "toy like".:monkey3

I'm from Stirlingshire up in Scotland, theres a handful of Brits!! Always nice to see another person from the EU cos wen i'm on during the day, theres not much happening.

I collected marvel for a while but sold them to focus on LOTR, PF line and bits and pieces from the other lines, and other LOTR memorabilia.

What do you do? I'm a student myself.

Cheers
Colin

ifu03612 said:
What do you do? I'm a student myself.

Cheers
Colin

Currently I am in full time employ at the recently opened Virgin Megastore in Manchester. It's sounds like a hum drum retail job, but it affords me some cool opportunities, like playing on the Wii with Richard Branson, or getting to meet Bloc Party (in Feb) and getting drunk with the Mighty Boosh! But besides that, I think it probably is just like any other retail job.

RichPG said:
Hi Jonathan...
It's quite an addictive hobby & expensive for an 18 year old to maintain. Sounds like you know what you like, but beware the PF's are very large & very addictive & can make other figures look "toy like".:monkey3

It's rather expensive, but I've learnt to limit myself (somewhat :rolleyes:), although the fact I'm still shacked up with my parents helps out! I think getting my first PF (Dr. Doom) is what made me cut out half of my collecting habits, I abandoned all McFarlane lines, DC Direct, Mezco etc simply because I didn't get the same feeling anymore. Luckily I still love the characters in Marvel Legends, and a quality 1/6th figure fills me with the same feeling of awe as any PF ever will.

So, on my Cap A PF, would you say $100 shipping is a safe estimate?

Thanks for the warm welcom everyone :chew

abstractharmony said:
Hey Man,

Whereabouts in Manchester are you?t

I'm from the greatest place on earth myself...

I'm in Prestwich, in between the City Center and Bury.

Where are you situated my Mancunian man?

abstractharmony said:
Ah Prestwich...

...Originally from Whitefield now up in Cheadle.

Nice, I lived in and went to school in Whitefield (Phillips High School).

May I ask where you do most of your collectibles shopping then? Do you ever visit the monthly shows at Sachas Hotel?

abstractharmony said:
DUDE!!!!!!!!

So did I - who was your form tutor?

I was in 'L' with Mr. Regan.

Toy shopping - the bay, SSC and the commerce section here.

Erm, if memory serves I was in R with Miss Preston taking the reigns, man Mr. Regan, such a ridiculous chap. You know a girl I knew from a prior high shcool got severly repremanded for calling him a pervert. So when were you in attendance at Phillips?

So do you never do any shopping in or around Manchester?

Jonathan_White said:
Erm, if memory serves I was in R with Miss Preston taking the reigns, man Mr. Regan, such a ridiculous chap. You know a girl I knew from a prior high shcool got severly repremanded for calling him a pervert. So when were you in attendance at Phillips?

So do you never do any shopping in or around Manchester?

We used to call Regan 'Bobby Bondage' - Hell of a fella and the best History teacher I've ever met.

I'm popping into town on Saturday - what time are you lunching? Fancy a drink?

I'm an old b'stard so I left in 1991 - 'The last great year' according to a lot of the teachers wgho I kept in contact with. I thought that we were just a bunch of heavy metal loving chuckleheads but that's just me...

Back