Am I the only one that didn't know the ACTUAL color of the AT-AT Driver's???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
After 35 years of loving this character design a friend just showed me this link below and my head almost exploded!

They're grey - NOT white???

If you haven't seen it, this video is well worth the watch.

JKNO - I'm SURE you'll already know about this one :)

Awesome stuff huh, blew my mind too when I found out years ago. You are not alone, I'd say most people still think it's white. :)

It's quite an old story now. And it was a shock for many. But we adapted :) Heck I even talked to the owner of the gray AT-AT helmet and he helped me with the tusks accuracy, comparing the Elvistrooper ones with the uber accurate ones made by Zombiekiller on RPF a few years ago.

the rebel fleet trooper's helmets seen in a new hope are also light grey.

I only know because I'm a huge Star Wars geek and used to collect all the figures and Lego. That does look awesome, though.

White and gray Laws AT-AT Driver:

Laws AT-AT Driver armor & gray helmet.jpg

Wow, 35 years and I just learned that we actually see four AT-AT drivers on film. I always thought that the shot through the AT-AT cockpit of them chasing down the fleeing rebel soldiers was just a close-up of Veers' drivers. Now I see that those two plainly have red stripes going down the backs of their helmets and Veers' drivers did not. Mind blown.

For ESB Hoth scenes there were most likely taken and repainted 2 TIE Pilot helmets from ANH and added new greeblies on them: tusks (from Michel darts), back canisters (plumbing parts), hoses (dryer hoses), radio buttons, clock greeblies (wheels from cassette player of some sort most likely), and BOC Syphon holders. Of the two AT-AT helmets seen on screen, only one remains in private hands, the other one was stolen years ago and unfortunately no one knows where it is. At least the remaining one is in very good hands and that is reassuring.

Wow, 35 years and I just learned that we actually see four AT-AT drivers on film. I always thought that the shot through the AT-AT cockpit of them chasing down the fleeing rebel soldiers was just a close-up of Veers' drivers. Now I see that those two plainly have red stripes going down the backs of their helmets and Veers' drivers did not. Mind blown.

Same! Didn't notice that either until I saw this vid.

Personally, I like them with the orange stripe - adds more variance.

Back