FedEx Invoice for SSE Mummy?! (£75.86)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone else got one of these in the UK?!

It looks like an invoice for Duty, VAT and Administration but didn't I pay for all the shipping costs when I paid Sideshow?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

this is for the customs..and no those are not inlude in Sideshow's shipping cost...:google :google :google Welcome to the club Psycho.

I've never had this before! :confused:

Is it becasue it was shipped with FedEx? Normally items to the UK are with Parcel Force.

Saying that, I shouldn't have any customs charges if it came from the EU warehouse becasue I'm in the EU.

Did it come straight from the US?

Yep, FedEx has the rule to pay all the import fees for you and bill you afterwards. That way their drivers don't need to collect any cash on delivery. Plus they make an extra buck by charging you extra for this "service".

Was a surprise for me aswell the first time I got something direct from SS US. And from what I understand the SSE Mummy was being shipped directly from the US.

So in total this has cost me:

SSE Mummy - $399.99
Freight - $146.88

Sideshow total - $546.87

Plus FedEx invoice - $148.65

Grand total - $695.52

Nice...

Pycho, I vaguely remember Chicky (not 100% sure though) saying something about the tax on items coming from the US warehouse to Europe "isn't that much more" than the usual 17.5 % we pay. Looks like that's not so? I searched the forum for this threat, but I couldn't find it. Maybe you have more luck!?

I still say that SSC should do something for the EU collectors in regards to vat and shipping; don't they understand that all these extra costs we have isn't really making buying from them more attractive?!

Last edited:
PsychoCenobite said:

SSE Mummy - $399.99
Freight - $146.88

Sideshow total - $546.87

Grand total - $695.52

Nice...

Hmmm... I don't get why shipping for this items is $146. Is that really the going price for shipping a box of that size from the US to the EU? Could it be that Vat is already included?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I still say that SSC should do something for the EU collectors in regards to vat and shipping; don't they understand that all these extra costs we have isn't really making buying from them more attractive?!

If a EU collector doesnt buy it, someone else will buy it.

PsychoCenobite said:

Nice...

Its one heck of a surprise when your very 1st FedEx hits ya! I remember my first and my last, come to think of it, you remember every dam invoice those sods send you. My last one saw me cough up an extra £100 + for my Darth Maul Bust.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, I know. The recent "if you don't like doing business with us, than don't" kinda commentaries made that very clear. Hurts, if you ask me.

Shows the true face and feelings for us in my opinion. Was really happy to see that my feelings werent wrong.

The higher you get the deeper you can fall.....

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Hmmm... I don't get why shipping for this items is $146. Is that really the going price for shipping a box of that size from the US to the EU? Could it be that Vat is already included?
With Fedex $146.00 is a bargain for a box that big. If I were to send you a Mummy from the U.S. to the EU it would cost in the neighborhood of $350.00 with fedex.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
...I still say that SSC should do something for the EU collectors in regards to vat and shipping; don't they understand that all these extra costs we have isn't really making buying from them more attractive?!

Why should they do "something" for EU collectors? They are not the ones determining the shipping amount, taxes, VAT, duty, fees, etc. That is the fault of the shipping companies and governments. Sideshow is a US company and already tries to help the EU collectors by contracting an EU warehouse.

Domer said:
Shows the true face and feelings for us in my opinion. Was really happy to see that my feelings werent wrong...

Yes, they do! They contract an EU warehouse, which they don't have to do. They try to speed up shipping by trying various things. I really don't understand your attitude! They are a US company, period! They do what they can to help out EU collectors. Why do you guys think you should get some kind of special treatment? I'm not trying to start an argument, I just really am trying to understand your way of thinking...

I just had some electronic equipment shipped from the UK to my office that is much smaller and lighter than the Mummy PF and the shipping cost was $98.00 via FedEx plus $18 insurance. I think I'll blame Sideshow for that. :monkey3

Back