the hardest SW character

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minivader

Super Freak
Reaction score
not sure if this has already been discussed. If so, please direct me to the right thread.

What's the most difficult SW character to pull off in 1/6? IMO its chewie. due to the long hair/fur.

Agree, Chewie is going to be the test. He is going to have to have faux fure and a very tall body.

There's an old interview somewhere where they basically said not to expect Chewie any time soon as they had no idea how to do him right. And they also said that Grievous wasn't ever going to happen.

Those two have to be at the top of the list when it comes to characters that would be difficult to do in the poseable 12" line.

But without a small body, there are a lot of others that would be a big challenge. Ewoks, Jawas, Ugnaughts, etc. Droids offer a challenge as well.

When you think about it, there are tons of characters that will be very hard for Sideshow to pull off successfully. But I remember Chewie and Grievous being two that they have specifically mentioned in the past.

Not to put down Sideshow, but Hot toys would be sooooo able to do a kick ass 1/6 Grievous, and right now.....

tomandshell said:
There's an old interview somewhere where they basically said not to expect Chewie any time soon as they had no idea how to do him right. And they also said that Grievous wasn't ever going to happen.

Dave over at RS did an interview (not sure if its THE interview) where they told him that Grevious was never going to happen. He mentioned that SSC called him a couple of months back and asked if he published that part about Grevious, when he said yes, he was told nevermind. If that doesn't point me to thinking that with the popularity of Jabba and his Throne and the willingness of SW collectors to pay, that Grevious isn't now being considered I don't know what is.

I still think though that Chewie will be harder for them.

I'd say Grievous and Chewie are probably equal, but they're challenging on two different levels. With Grievous, his design is mechanical so that's not a big challenge persay, with him it's more of the execution of articulation on the smaller scale. With Chewie, the challend would be how to execute his look in the most faithful representation of his screen appearance while still providing the articulation collectors desire.

Shai Hulud said:
Not to put down Sideshow, but Hot toys would be sooooo able to do a kick ass 1/6 Grievous, and right now.....

Don't let Josh1 hear you say that:rolleyes:

But I do agree, HT could pull it off.

As far as the most difficult for SS, I would say anything armored, anything with fur and anything outside their Art S. Buck body:cool:

King Darkness said:
Don't let Josh1 hear you say that:rolleyes:

But I do agree, HT could pull it off.

As far as the most difficult for SS, I would say anything armored, anything with fur and anything outside their Art S. Buck body:cool:

and anything with armour and fur...

pixletwin said:

kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif

I was gonna say Han right before 3PO interupts him and Leia, but I think I misunderstood the question.

pixletwin said:

kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif

Very true... but I think Chewie since (if they go with fur) it will be very difficult to mass produce. I think Greivous will be an engineering nightmare, but would be all rigid parts and so once developed more easily produced.

Shai Hulud said:

I doubt they'd consider it a put-down. You think those guys don't have a few medicoms and HT figs in their offices?

One thing that's obvious is that no matter how much R&D it takes to make a sought after character correctly (Fett, Chewie, Grievous) it'll sell if they just follow through with it. Come on, SS, let's see those in-scale armored characters, wookiees, small characters, and Grievous!

Back