My collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus is not dead

Freaked Out
Reaction score
so here's some picks of my collection,
not much close-ups because I think everyone's here might already know what a Morgul Lord looks like, I wanted to give you an overview of the room.
You will notice everything's on shelves, each time I need some place I go to the store and then make holes in the walls .
I have now reached the limits of this system because I have not much place left on the walls (I've reduced the picks at their max to minimize their size but you can imagine).
I wonder if I should make like a lot of people's here and start to buy deltofs, I'm accustomed to see these statues from pretty much important angles and I'm afraid to put them in prison in those cabinets, if anyone had an alternative solution I would appreciate your help and all point of views...

room 1:
01aj6.jpg

I first displayed Grievous without the cape because I found too much of the statue was hidden but it's better now I've managed to put the cape a little bit behind (and it gives an impression of movement.)

02ek3.jpg

03kx2.jpg

04ba8.jpg

05am0.jpg

06wu2.jpg

07kh1.jpg

2nd room:

08gg6.jpg

09ko8.jpg

10kk0.jpg

Abe's new friend:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325960#post325960
and the last pick in this thread:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14951&page=4

Wow, Awesome collection! And very well displayed. I like the shelves... especially the darker ones with the LOTR pieces!!!

Some nice pieces in there!

I would move the DVDs and books to their own storage somewhere else. That would give you a "cleaner" look and more room for other pieces.

Nice collection.

how deep are the shelves that you have the 1:1 Pred on? And where did you get them? I need to pick up some shelves that deep for my 1:1 Pred.

Thanks.

You've got a nice collection! I like the detolf's but I'm on the fence right now (like yourself) and I'm thinking about trying something completely different right now to display my own pieces such as curio cabinets or some high end bookcases (with adjustable shelves). What I like about your display are the shelves itself. It looks like the right size and proportions to properly display your pieces accordingly.

I do agree with Gruson. By moving your DVD's and books (which are scattered on the shelving) makes things look a little more cluttered than they need to be. If they were in their own separate area on the shelving units, it would make a work of a difference. Otherwide, great job with setting everything up. It looks great and again awesome collection!!!

Whooot? You got two RWOS?!?!?!?!?

I will be kind enough to take one of you hands!! just PM me ad I'll give you my address!:rolleyes:

Nice collection. Yeah, move the dvds to their own area. And if you've seen my collection--I'm certainly in need of some Detolfs, but no Ikea in Florida! I think they're the poo when it comes to displaying larger collectables. If you have access to them, get them.

Thanks for your comments,
I think you're all right, I will try to put the dvd's together on a separate shelf.
King Darkness,the dimensions of the shelves are : 50x200x2cm
(19,6x78,7x0,78inches approx.)
s6000175ia9.jpg

I got the shelves in a "do-it-yourself center", the darker one are a little more expensive but not much (I don't remember the prize exactly, but I remember the metal squares that support the shelves are more expensive than the pine shelves themselves)
the main problem with shelves is that you never know exactly what weight you can put on it, I'm always afraid that one day the Ringwraiths fells on the Morgul, then on Gandalf (maybe a little bit paranoïd but would you be confident in the same situation?) and dust is another problem.
You can see the shelves with the Predator and the Alien bust got legs so no problem of weight but it's not nice to see.
So I think I will have to change everything once for all, I have no place for the cave troll,(I've got an alien warrior at the customs)and it's not obvious on the picks but the shelf with the gothmorg is too high , you can't see the statues very well.
I had thought about making solid "shelves" with this:
carreauxplatreez2.jpg

after I could even put my darker shelves on top, at best I should hide everything for lightning and put mirrors in the back or framed photos (drawings of the Peter Jackson's Production Diaries, blueprints of the jaws maquette,would like to buy the Barad-Dûr Giclee with my sideshow points).
I don't know if it's possible but if I could close the thing like a cabinet it would be perfect
This way you can the avantages of the two systems , closed environment and a lot of place to display everything the way you want.
I’m sure it’s possible to make some good work but I will have to think to everything before I start.
And I will have to find something for the Aliens because of the size I don’t think they can be displayed properly in any kind of cabinet but I‘ve seen interesting piedestals in your gallery ,Gruson’s.(congratulations for your wonderful collection and disposal )
If you've got suggestions,you're welcome.I will post some picks if I succeed (it may take some time,)
00civilwarko1.jpg

That is a very fine collection and nice display. Like Gruson and others, I'm also all for the "cleaner" look and would move the book and dvds out of there if possible. But man, great stuff!

Love the items you have, but I'm not to keen on displaying everything on shelves, myself. Good that you decided to move the DVD's. It will have a positive effect on the way your collection looks. Cool Misato Katsuragi figure you've got there! And that 1:1 Alien head! Wow! Is that the one that was for sale at SSC?

carbo-fation said:
That is a great collection! If you don't mind, could you post some close-up pictures of the anime figures and the Kill Bill figure? Thanks!:)
[FONT=&quot]Kotobukiya[/FONT]Neon Genesis Evangelion Asuka Summer Wear PVC statue
s6000067ls0.jpg

Newline Misato katsuragi
animation1ta9.gif
misatott4.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Kotobukiya[/FONT] 1/6 Yuna
s6000072mt3.jpg

Yamato Hellsing Seras Victoria
s6000074ez6.jpg

Yamato cowboy bebop Faye Valentine
s6000076jx3.jpg

Kaiyodo Aya & Maya Natsume figures
s6000080ql2.jpg

[FONT=&quot]McFARLANE’S 3D ANIMATION FROM JAPAN SERIES 2 MAJOR MOTOKO KUSANAGI
s6000084ai1.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]McFARLANE’S 3D ANIMATION FROM JAPAN SERIES 2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NAOMI ARMITAGE
s6000168fz2.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Calle_Sandell said:
Whooot? You got two RWOS?!?!?!?!?

I will be kind enough to take one of you hands!! just PM me ad I'll give you my address!:rolleyes:
sorry but it's impossible , they get depressive when they aren't together...

hangingkittyce7.gif

sladesuperagent said:
Nice collection. Yeah, move the dvds to their own area. And if you've seen my collection--I'm certainly in need of some Detolfs, but no Ikea in Florida! I think they're the poo when it comes to displaying larger collectables. If you have access to them, get them.
I've seen your collection, it's very impressing!
I could stay for hours in this room...
I understand you're in need of cabinets unless you have your own cleaning lady!
cleaningladieszv7.jpg

I haven't seen all the collections of the forum yet, (when you're new a new freak there's a lot to see ),but it conforts me to see I'm not the only one addicted to collecting.

00civilwarko1.jpg

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Love the items you have, but I'm not to keen on displaying everything on shelves, myself. Good that you decided to move the DVD's. It will have a positive effect on the way your collection looks. Cool Misato Katsuragi figure you've got there! And that 1:1 Alien head! Wow! Is that the one that was for sale at SSC?
The 1:1 Alien head is this one:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2903

If you have a closer look at it,the details of the bust or paintings are maybe not the best you can find (not equivalent to the predator bust for exemple) but it's definitively the most impressive (the "human" skull beneath the translucent dome makes the difference)

I'll will post a photo of all the family when I get the alien warrior.

00civilwarko1.jpg

Marcus is not dead said:

[FONT=&quot]McFARLANE’S 3D ANIMATION FROM JAPAN SERIES 2 MAJOR MOTOKO KUSANAGI
s6000084ai1.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]McFARLANE’S 3D ANIMATION FROM JAPAN SERIES 2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NAOMI ARMITAGE
s6000168fz2.jpg

[/FONT]
Hey! These two look familiar! I have them too! Armitage is the number one female heroin for me. I'd love to see Medicom make a 12" version of her one day! Where did you put here shades?? She looks better with them!
Motoko Kusanagi: I never really figured out just HOW she is supposed to be mounted on that display... It never really looked good. I see you have the same problem!
I also have Kaneda Shotaro and Tetsuo Shima from AKIRA made by McFarlane. They look great, especially Tetsuo with his red cape and mechanical arm.

Marcus is not dead said:
The 1:1 Alien head is this one:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2903

If you have a closer look at it,the details of the bust or paintings are maybe not the best you can find (not equivalent to the predator bust for exemple) but it's definitively the most impressive (the "human" skull beneath the translucent dome makes the difference)

I'll will post a photo of all the family when I get the alien warrior.

Yes, that's the one I thought it was. Looks great. I've been tempted several times by that Alien head, but the price and the fact that I have the Giger mini bust always stoped me. Now that I mention the Giger mini bust, I bought it in 2005, and only YESTERDAY I was fit enough to open it and inspect it for flaws. I know, pretty incredible, since it's a $1000 item. If it would have been damaged, I'd have massive problems getting a replacement from SSC... But it's in perfect shape :D.

Back