Sith Probe Droid IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here they are...

SithProbepost1.jpg

SithProbepost2.jpg

With flash...

SithProbepost3.jpg

I like 'em. They're all metallic-y. Lots of detail on the clamshell. And a really glossy "glass" eye.

I'm not crazy about the stand -- since you can't really pose them at different heights.

But -- you also get a loose control bracelet for Maul.

didn't these come with an extra stand?? or was it just that it was the sand stand?

Now here's some good close-ups...

MaulsBallspost1.jpg

MaulsBallspost2.jpg

MaulsBallspost3.jpg

Amazing detail as you can see. They're darker than they appear in my photos, but that's the metallic aspect that catches the light.

I think the extra stand was the Inclusive with these. They look pretty cool! And the desert base is a nice touch. So far I'm really impressed with the environments and expansion sets they've offer. Good stuff! :chew

MaulFan said:
Wor-Gar, any chance of a seeing the box design, is it like the creature pack?

Yep, same as the old style SW boxes -- one flap with magnets, just about the same size as Crumb.

nash said:
are they made fully of metal? heavy?

No. They're plastic. Very light, and somewhat fragile with that antennae. The rods weight more than the balls... as it should be. :)

Wor-Gar said:
Yep, same as the old style SW boxes -- one flap with magnets, just about the same size as Crumb.

Are the probes permanently attached to the poles, I saw shots showing the poles out of the base, but I can't tell about the probes themselves.

Wor-Gar said:

No. They're plastic. Very light, and somewhat fragile with that antennae. The rods weight more than the balls... as it should be. :)

what about the extra stand...any pics of maul on it?

MaulFan said:
Are the probes permanently attached to the poles, I saw shots showing the poles out of the base, but I can't tell about the probes themselves.

boxpost1.jpg

boxpost2.jpg

Vader AL said:
what about the extra stand...any pics of maul on it?

This is the closest Maul has gotten to the sand...

SithProbepost2.jpg

The way I have him posed, legs apart, he wouldn't fit on it.

MaulFan said:
Thanks WG, I love the final artwork on the box front, ya I know, GRAPHICS NERD ALERT!

No, its definitely cool -- with Maul flying around in the background, sending out his balls. Very dynamic for a change.

The probes are NOT fixed to the rods. In fact, its a little tough to get them on. I'm curious to see others... one of my rods seems tweaked at an angle, but maybe that's the way its meant to be, a little wobbly in flight.

MaulFan said:
Nothing worse than a rod problem with your balls, sorry I had to go there.

:slap

There is some latitude with posing these guys...I chose to use the "longest" rod in the center so one probe would be out in front of the pack. But I now see that you can align them so they are more like the proto pics -- all in an angled line, like how they appear inside the box.

I'd like to try and get them so they look like the front of the box.

Back