Why do you buy SideShow statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not just SideShow but any nice statue.

Is it because they are part of a line?
Is it any statue that looks amazing?
Is it the beauty?
The collecting?
You like the particular "universe" eg Marvel?
What keeps you buying?
Why do you like owning statues?
The limited editions?
The thrill of opening the box?

Last edited:
I only have 5 statues from Sideshow. As much as I like them, I have no space and they're too pricey for me now.

as Decorations for my new Man Cave.

Doing one, Spidey Center Piece Premium Format PF.

One Joker PF Center piece surrounded by Hot Toys Joker 2.0

Once Bat Girl Center piece surrounded by smaller figures trinkets

Is it the beauty?
The collecting?
What keeps you buying?
The limited editions?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Addiction.
They look cool.
Yes.
Yes.

Is it the beauty?
The collecting?
What keeps you buying?
The limited editions?

If I had to Rate these for sure #1. The thrill of opening the box?

Nostalgia, cult classic stuff, stuff thats too awesome to say no to- combined with an obsessive compulsive nature, need for escapism, addiction of getting presents in the mail and general carelessness with the funds in my bank account :rock

Even though I only own three statues and one 1/4 figure and have yet to barely achieve noob status, I guess I'll weigh in.. I have no loyalty to any one brand, although Sideshow does some very nice statues. I only own the Jason Part III PF from sideshow and I really like it. I just buy what looks to me like a great and accurate sculpt and what I think is worth the $$$.

I guess what drew me to start buying statues last year was a combination of nostalgia fueled by my love of cinema and video games, and the fact that they look totally awesome. I have a penchant for collecting; I've collected some form of physical media my entire life and I've been collecting records and blu-rays for about a decade now... I'm no stranger to money instantaneously leaving my bank account as quickly as it enters.

Also, Collectorcol's post pretty much sums it up:

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Addiction.
They look cool.
Yes.
Yes.

I used to love them so much, ordered 5 pieces every months and buying old ones , now I only have 7 preorder for a year, no more love for sideshow if they keep making pvc statues, they have learn from xm

I love the thrill of the hunt and nostalgia. I only buy what means something to me. It's a hard rule to follow and you can't really learn until you buy a bunch is statues you don't really need lol. I've regretted so many purchases but luckily I've been able to sell them all and at least break even or close. I love every piece of my collection now and wouldn't want to sell any.... Except maybe magneto because I paid so damn much lol.
Here's my display now.

Back