PDA

View Full Version : STATUE XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Pages : [1] 2 3

Spidey976
05-30-2015, 09:28 PM
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1898206_1555906114630082_7368118440204799763_n.jpg ?oh=b26ce60d32340d7965efaee0defa1dd3&oe=56001134

"The update that EVERYONE's been waiting for. Announcing our new line of Premium Collectibles series,
STAR WARS! More details will be shared but in the meantime, let me hear all the Star Wars fans share
their favorite SW quotes! I'll start with... “It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16
back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters.” - guess who?"

My work here is done.... {RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

slynger
05-30-2015, 09:34 PM
I saw this earlier today. I like the PF with fabric that SS has done. But, I've always wanted a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Fett and I know XM will deliver the goods.

Elementcharm
05-30-2015, 09:37 PM
I wanna see....something x-wing related. Luke sitting on top of his battered x-wing stuck on Dagobah perhaps....

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
05-30-2015, 10:07 PM
I'll probably cave on Vader, really looking forward to seeing this line.

yodasan
05-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Wonder if the relatively small edition sizes will continue in the SW line.

albundyland
05-30-2015, 11:07 PM
I saw this earlier today. I like the PF with fabric that SS has done. But, I've always wanted a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Fett and I know XM will deliver the goods.

I like the mixed media as well. I really like the mixed media on the upcoming PF. It'll be interesting to see what XM does. It's a great time to be a collector!

dao2
05-30-2015, 11:08 PM
goodbye money

Elementcharm
05-30-2015, 11:39 PM
If I were to get an XM piece it would have to be on par with their Magneto piece. High standards? Maybe lol. In my opinion the Magneto piece was so great because of the jaw dropping base. Not just super detailed and amazing but told a story and perfectly in line with his character. Curious if they can do the same with this Star-wars line, tell a story.

jkno
05-31-2015, 12:29 AM
Who are these XM? Did they make other lines? How are the prices for their stuff? Details and quality of sculpts, paint apps etc.?

Mqhuynh
05-31-2015, 12:33 AM
Will these be definitely fully sculpted?

Elementcharm
05-31-2015, 12:43 AM
Who are these XM? Did they make other lines? How are the prices for their stuff? Details and quality of sculpts, paint apps etc.?

http://www.xm-studios.com/

jkno
05-31-2015, 12:47 AM
Their prices are quite big. They need to deliver really high quality stuff in the SW realm. SW fans are among the biggest nitpickers, they should know this from the beginning. If they make a good Stormtrooper for example I'll be the first to buy it for sure, if they frack it up I'll be also the first, but to to tell them to shove it when sun doesn't shine :D

Abrissbirne
05-31-2015, 12:58 AM
They make the best Marvel Statues by far, so it is all justified. I would have faith in them, you wont see the ****** QC that sideshow has.

jkno
05-31-2015, 01:00 AM
I really hope so. I also hope if they go for SW armored troopers statues, to make a step further, and for the money they (might) ask, and scan original helmets and suits like Gentle Giant did eons ago for a couple busts.

Mandible
05-31-2015, 01:12 AM
Very "cartoon centric." Compare any of their sculpts to the Mythos line (Obi-Wan) as an example, and it kicks XM's ass.

Love my 1/4's, but this ain't doing it for me in the least... Bring on the Hot Toys ones - they look amazing!

Jagjaguwar
05-31-2015, 01:25 AM
Hmm. Don't really like how shiny or plasticky their Marvel stuff all seems to be. Can't put my finger on what it is exactly. Just looks a bit odd. Maybe just me? Could also be that they're based on comics, etc, and so less weathering of any sort.

Anyway, hoping what people say about quality and QA is correct, but don't think I could justify paying the kinds of prices they look like they'll be.

entrari
05-31-2015, 01:50 AM
i think when this comes out we're gonna have a rush like we did when magneto first came out. I need a nice Han Solo stat.

jkno
05-31-2015, 01:54 AM
Since I don't care about Marvel or comics in general, I have no idea how accurate and good the XM renditions are. I only hope for less crazy poses and lower bases than recent SSC PF's.

And HT 1:4 is a cool line, hoping for a Stormie soon. If it will be like their 1:6 figure, I am 95% happy

AC_808
05-31-2015, 04:26 AM
Will these be definitely fully sculpted?

Yes, most likely they will be fully sculpted.

Collectorcol
05-31-2015, 04:26 AM
Still expensive jkno but they now have an EU distributer which will make them easier to source and should make them cheaper than paying a middle man to send from Asia...

http://www.xm-studios.eu/shop/

AC_808
05-31-2015, 04:35 AM
i think when this comes out we're gonna have a rush like we did when magneto first came out. I need a nice Han Solo stat.

I'm wondering if this will be the case. Once XM reveals one of their concept arts or one of their 3D renderings ...I wonder if we'll get the same rush. Only time will tell, I guess.

I'm hoping XM will blow us away with this license .....

Grumpy Bear
05-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Very "cartoon centric." Compare any of their sculpts to the Mythos line (Obi-Wan) as an example, and it kicks XM's ass.

Love my 1/4's, but this ain't doing it for me in the least... Bring on the Hot Toys ones - they look amazing!

You wonder why a comic face looks like a comic face? :wink1:

Wait for the first XM Star Wars piece and then you can TRY to compare the Mythos line. :wave

jkno
05-31-2015, 06:06 AM
Still expensive jkno but they now have an EU distributer which will make them easier to source and should make them cheaper than paying a middle man to send from Asia...

http://www.xm-studios.eu/shop/

That's good to know. And this is a proof that smart companies know what they have to do.

OUmd
05-31-2015, 06:11 AM
I want to get excited about this, but I am still trying to figure out how to get an XM product to the states. Those of you in the states that have an XM product, how do you do it? What are the best sites to work through and can be trusted?

The better news would be if this will have worldwide distribution.

Collectorcol
05-31-2015, 07:14 AM
I want to get excited about this, but I am still trying to figure out how to get an XM product to the states. Those of you in the states that have an XM product, how do you do it? What are the best sites to work through and can be trusted?

The better news would be if this will have worldwide distribution.

There's two or three, trusted, members on here.

ambasah
05-31-2015, 08:40 AM
these will be even harder to get than the marvel stuff if the edition size remains 999 or less.

there is a huge appetite for 1/4 scale fully sculpted star wars statues. no one has made that yet.

my thinking is xm will go the "mythos" route, giving us new "expanded universe" interpretations of all our favourites. I am hoping for dynamic poses with off the charts enviro-bases.

Elementcharm
05-31-2015, 08:42 AM

Wait for the first XM Star Wars piece and then you can TRY to compare the Mythos line. :wave

Well my Obi-mythos will be the benchmark for sure. They are gonna have to at minimum make their stuff just as good preferably better for me to drop $1200 bucks on a statue.

slammer6
05-31-2015, 08:44 AM
From what've I've seen on the statue forums these are top notch but with very limited production runs and distribution. I know that BBTS does carry their stuff and that people in the states seem to be able to get them from simplytoys.com as well. I actually just bookmarked that site. These statues have been very highly sought after in the Marvel and Street Fighter collectors realms with values moving 2 - 3X list price in like hours. For me, the limited run/distribution could be an issue with this license because the Star Wars collecting community, especially with the new movies, is bigger. One of the biggest things with XM, if they do make a choice that doesn't sit well with collectors, they listen and actually change the sculpts/paint etc. Not really surprising given the small runs and limited releases and stuff though.

dao2
05-31-2015, 09:12 AM
PCS does the Street Fighter stuff, not XM.

slammer6
05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
PCS does the Street Fighter stuff, not XM.
Yep - that's right, sorry. Typically the folks talking about the XM stuff are the same talking about the PCS stuff on the forums so I got crossed. Thanks

Grumpy Bear
05-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Well my Obi-mythos will be the benchmark for sure. They are gonna have to at minimum make their stuff just as good preferably better for me to drop $1200 bucks on a statue.

I never said anyone must change the pieces, the Obi Wan looks great. :wink1:

slammer6
05-31-2015, 09:42 AM
these will be even harder to get than the marvel stuff if the edition size remains 999 or less.

there is a huge appetite for 1/4 scale fully sculpted star wars statues. no one has made that yet.

my thinking is xm will go the "mythos" route, giving us new "expanded universe" interpretations of all our favourites. I am hoping for dynamic poses with off the charts enviro-bases.

Keep in mind though that only character representations deemed appropriate by Disney are allowed and I think that removes EU characterizations/interpretations from the picture. From what I understand, the back story/new interpretation nature of the Mythos line is what caused it to be discontinued once Disney acquired the franchise.

pillpoppermd
05-31-2015, 12:11 PM
:wave:wave:wave So long, farewell.:wave:wave:wave

slynger
05-31-2015, 12:48 PM
I can see XM starting off with a couple of heavy hitters, similar to what they did with Marvel. They will undoubtedly give us a vader and fett - no faces to sculpt on those. This is where they will have to step up their game - portraits. Everyone wants a Han, Luke, Leia, but not if they're ugly.

savageHULK
05-31-2015, 01:20 PM
I'm calling it now. Vader, Boba, and Han or Luke... 1st 3 teased/released for sure!

meanstreak
05-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but does this have a North America license or the some crap like their Marvel license?

slynger
05-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but does this have a North America license or the some crap like their Marvel license?

The announcement didn't say.

Spidey976
05-31-2015, 01:56 PM

As of right now my guess is no NA license, as they are dealing with Disney... Beyond that I can't speculate to much.

loricstone
05-31-2015, 02:00 PM

I am in 100% agreement with you ambasah. However, it is ok to mix in the occasional museum pose for those characters that it would fit like Vader or Yoda. But I want excitement and creativity for my SW statues. This is one of the reasons I never got into the SS line....even though some were pretty cool like Savage Opress and a couple others.

Also, the fact that I can start fresh with the first character from the SW line and know that there will be some consistency in AD from the get go w/ excellent QC to boot....makes this a highly anticipated line for me.

loricstone
05-31-2015, 02:05 PM
I can see XM starting off with a couple of heavy hitters, similar to what they did with Marvel. They will undoubtedly give us a vader and fett - no faces to sculpt on those. This is where they will have to step up their game - portraits. Everyone wants a Han, Luke, Leia, but not if they're ugly.

That's a fair statement for this SW line. With comics...they are interpretations and different artists draw them differently. With SW it's either this or the highway. One thing I know about XM...they like the challenge of making a PREMIUM collectible and also accept the advice of the consumer when it's warranted. I hope XM is prepared for a lot more analness with their SW figures. Lord help them if they ever get the Predator / Aliens line. :gah:

loricstone
05-31-2015, 02:07 PM
I can see XM starting out with one of the newer characters from the SW movie to promote it. They would have instant easier access to all current characters to scan and whatnot.

AC_808
05-31-2015, 02:28 PM

Knowing XM, even if the character their making wears a helmet, they would make unmasked portraits for COH options. They'd even give change of arms/hands options. I'm confident the likeness of the portraits will be off the hook.

slynger
05-31-2015, 02:40 PM
Knowing XM, even if the character their making wears a helmet, they would make unmasked portraits for COH options. They'd even give change of arms/hands options. I'm confident the likeness of the portraits will be off the hook.

I'm not saying they can't do it, just that they really haven't had to as of it. Based on the XM Cap I have and the other pics I've seen, they can sculpt with the best of them and I'm confident they have the artists that can pull off great portraits. A great portrait backed with solid QC and feedback welcomed is something I've excited about.

ambasah
05-31-2015, 02:42 PM
Keep in mind though that only character representations deemed appropriate by Disney are allowed and I think that removes EU characterizations/interpretations from the picture. From what I understand, the back story/new interpretation nature of the Mythos line is what caused it to be discontinued once Disney acquired the franchise.

good point. it will be interesting to see what the mouse says to them.

I do know they are trying for more than a museum pose for the first release...whether it gets approved is another matter.

Tbolt
06-01-2015, 04:40 AM

You are completely clueless by stating that anything that XM does will have an easy time matching up to the Mythos pieces. Those are some of the best pieces made by anyone. Ever.

Also, XM's face sculpts for the most part (except Magneto) are a HUGE let down. I know they are quickly forgiven for this, but nobody else would get the kid glove treatment for some of their portraits. That is going to be really key, especially at the price points of these, when we already have Hot Toys coming with both guns blazing at 1/6 and revving up the 1/4 stuff.

Grumpy Bear
06-01-2015, 05:00 AM
We are in the statue section, so Hot Toys is your last line of defend? :wave

Gartogg
06-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Good luck to everyone with these pieces

Get in quick or deal with the flippers lol

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/gartogg1/1432999800192_zpsengtft1l.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/gartogg1/1433006342040_zpsrsgte5u0.jpg

myc
06-01-2015, 05:12 AM
i think thats great news.. but I won't be able to get all what they are doing. Those prices are crazy. I might get a couple pieces I really love from the get go and would hate to miss out.. I really hope they get a USA distributor for that soon as well..

but I am certainly to see what and when we will see something !!

Tbolt
06-01-2015, 06:54 AM
We are in the statue section, so Hot Toys is your last line of defend? :wave

You are just missing the mark all over the place aren't you?

Hot Toys is really who they are up against, as they are already huge in the area that XM distributes. Thats who they will have to measure up to. That clear enough for you?

Grumpy Bear
06-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Its still....

XM - Statue vs Hot Toys - Action Figure

....that clear enough for you? :wave

Tbolt
06-01-2015, 07:58 AM
Its still....

XM - Statue vs Hot Toys - Action Figure

....that clear enough for you? :wave

Point being, XM face sculpts have been their weak point. They will have to do better with such a crowded field, one that is unforgiving. You can get away with it on a comic inspired piece, but Star Wars fans are unforgiving when it comes to the facial likenesses, which SS often gets beaten over the head with, especially when the statues don't come close to HT.

You may however return to your fapping.

yeek
06-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Yeah SW fans are accuracy perfectionists. It's hard to capture face sculpts of real people and so far Hot Toys are one of the best at it. SS's Star Wars human PF's have been less than well received due to the likenesses. If XM decides to go the stylized route then I don't think they'll have any issues but if they want to portray real characters I'm hoping they'll pull out all the resources to do the best they can.

myc
06-01-2015, 09:41 AM
lets just see first what they come up with. As said, I have great expectations that they will deliver... price wise im out probably for most of them unfortunately but if they come up with something just outstanding - I might go rob a bank or so but I will get it

ambasah
06-01-2015, 11:01 AM
those star wars collectors are an **** bunch.

Sweet Rabbit
06-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Point being, XM face sculpts have been their weak point. They will have to do better with such a crowded field, one that is unforgiving. You can get away with it on a comic inspired piece, but Star Wars fans are unforgiving when it comes to the facial likenesses, which SS often gets beaten over the head with, especially when the statues don't come close to HT.

You may however return to your fapping.

This :lecture

Centurion
06-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Cool news. Looking forward to their first reveal. I hope it's a Sith or Jedi.

karamazov80
06-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Like others here, my first reaction is that I hope they can improve in the head sculpt department. If so, they certainly have the potential to usurp some of the Sideshow statues out there. But some of their comic sculpts don't blow me away, and they don't even have to look like a specific, real person. Here, unless you're just doing helmeted characters, then they're going to have to cross that bridge. Having said that, Hot Toys misses likeness almost as often as it hits it, and they do very well.

myc
06-01-2015, 01:39 PM
so how that even works.. Im biased in the US..

1. can I even order from XM directly ?
2. if yes, what are my additional costs? Lets say a statue is listed for $700 ..whats approx. my total ?

yeek
06-01-2015, 01:43 PM

2. if yes, what are my additional costs? Lets say a statue is listed for $700 ..whats approx. my total ?

I don't think we know what their licensing restrictions are yet. I'm guessing probably not if they haven't mentioned anything since I would think that would be the first thing they said along with the announcement if they were able to sell globally.
You'll always be looking at around 200-250 shipping tacked onto the cost of the statue if you're buying from their region.

dao2
06-01-2015, 02:15 PM

If it's a global license yes, but I doubt it as SS has it and I imagine if it was global they would have mentioned it when revealed (like the top cow license). You'll have to order from simply toys most likely (unless you choose a US retailer like secret compass or bbts, and their prices aren't cheap at all) in which case you're additional costs will be the increased shipping fees.

slynger
06-01-2015, 02:27 PM

Remember they price in Singapore dollars. And the shipping is a killer. I was very nervous abou getting my Cap, but I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Jagjaguwar
06-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Well, I found an example of one of their actor-based likenesses. Site says based on Robert Downey Jr's portrayal, not some generic character portrait like some of the other pieces. I'd never have guessed it was RDJ if his face wasn't encircled by the red and gold suit.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
06-01-2015, 05:42 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2cz7biq.jpg

Golden_Boy
06-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Yeah, if they can nail it then I'm sure they'll deliver some really epic poses! That said, I think they'll have the most trouble in the headsculpts, as many have posted before. Looking at the pictures posted above, that's nowhere near RDJ. Even Sideshow struggles from time to time with headsculpts on PFs upon final release, but at least you can tell who the actor is supposed to be in most cases.

That said, the Sideshow Mythos line...Ben Kenobi is perfection. Period. The headsculpts look so much like the actors that it's actually scary. I think XM has done some great work, and have some more great things on the horizon; however, creating faces from comic books that you can tweak where needed in order to get it to where you like, and replicating a beloved actor/character from a movie are two entirely different things.

Loads of people are on the XM train now, which is all good! That said, there are a lot of people blindly following them and thinking they can do no wrong. Hopefully they deliver in the end! It'd be great to have some more fantastic statues out there for Star Wars fans. I don't think anyone wants them to fail. It's more that XM has yet to prove themselves in this department.

Vader and Boba Fett they'll nail without question...Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Leia...those are who will really tell the story of what XM is capable of on recognizable headsculpts.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
06-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Loads of people are on the XM train now, which is all good! That said, there are a lot of people blindly following them and thinking they can do no wrong.

Name one.

Golden_Boy
06-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Name one.

YOU!!!!! :panic:

Nah, I'm talking more on Facebook groups and less here. I don't follow their threads enough here to know if anyone here is a blind loyalist. There's just a lot of hype behind them, and I even say I'm fine with that. It's more the bashing that a lot feel they need to place on Sideshow while loving XM when Sideshow has proven that they can hammer out some excellent statues as well. XM is fresh, new and has delivered some amazing comic pieces so far, with a few more on deck that will rock the boat for sure...but they've yet to really prove themselves in the headsculpt department -- let alone replicate actual actors.

You took the one real negative thing I said in my post and ignored the rest! :lol I hope they nail it! I hope they deliver and it opens up a new avenue for Star Wars statues! Hell, they'll be hard to get, but the Mythos line seemed to die before it even got started, so it'd be nice to have the options. I just think it's crazy that a lot of peeps are saying they're "all in" for a line we haven't seen a hint of.

I was really intrigued when I first saw XM made the Star Wars announcement. I like how they think out of the box. But almost instantaneously I knew it'd be a big test to see how they handle the headsculpts of the actors.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
06-01-2015, 08:19 PM
YOU!!!!! :panic:

Nah, I'm talking more on Facebook groups and less here. I don't follow their threads enough here to know if anyone here is a blind loyalist. There's just a lot of hype behind them, and I even say I'm fine with that. It's more the bashing that a lot feel they need to place on Sideshow while loving XM when Sideshow has proven that they can hammer out some excellent statues as well. XM is fresh, new and has delivered some amazing comic pieces so far, with a few more on deck that will rock the boat for sure...but they've yet to really prove themselves in the headsculpt department -- let alone replicate actual actors.

You took the one real negative thing I said in my post and ignored the rest! :lol I hope they nail it! I hope they deliver and it opens up a new avenue for Star Wars statues! Hell, they'll be hard to get, but the Mythos line seemed to die before it even got started, so it'd be nice to have the options. I just think it's crazy that a lot of peeps are saying they're "all in" for a line we haven't seen a hint of.

I was really intrigued when I first saw XM made the Star Wars announcement. I like how they think out of the box. But almost instantaneously I knew it'd be a big test to see how they handle the headsculpts of the actors.
:lol Sorry, the bs statement stopped me cold in my tracks. ;)

I agree, capturing the likeness of real actors is difficult for any collectibles company and often the weakest part of any release. XM won't be an exception I'd imagine, but it will be fun to find out. We'll see.

dao2
06-01-2015, 08:21 PM
We'll have to wait and see, no point in guessing now ;p

Golden_Boy
06-01-2015, 08:23 PM
:lol Sorry, the bs statement stopped me cold in my tracks. ;)

I agree, capturing the likeness of real actors is difficult for any collectibles company and often the weakest part of any release. XM won't be an exception I'd imagine, but it will be fun to find out. We'll see.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not BS outside these forums. Crazy how some people act...and yet still order Sideshow stuff when they choose. Is it hard to just enjoy both for the various things they offer? :dunno

Ah well. But yeah, I really hope they succeed. Sideshow really set a crazy bar with their Mythos line, but they've also dropped the ball on other sculpts of actors as well. If they all came out like Mythos, well...that'd be something! :)

I do hope they stay away from generic poses! XMs big strength right now is their thinking outside of the box when it comes to poses and bases...if they can channel that strength into a galaxy far, far away...well, that'd be damn sweet to see! Yep, it'll be fun to find out...and with how fast they go on things, I'm sure we'll see one or two conception pieces leading into Episode VII!

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
06-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Yeah, unfortunately it's not BS outside these forums. Crazy how some people act...and yet still order Sideshow stuff when they choose. Is it hard to just enjoy both for the various things they offer? :dunno

Ah well. But yeah, I really hope they succeed. Sideshow really set a crazy bar with their Mythos line, but they've also dropped the ball on other sculpts of actors as well. If they all came out like Mythos, well...that'd be something! :)

I do hope they stay away from generic poses! XMs big strength right now is their thinking outside of the box when it comes to poses and bases...if they can channel that strength into a galaxy far, far away...well, that'd be damn sweet to see! Yep, it'll be fun to find out...and with how fast they go on things, I'm sure we'll see one or two conception pieces leading into Episode VII!

Well if you're admittedly making statements about things that don't exist on these forums but do elsewhere then we can just leave it at that. :duff

Are you expecting all dynamic poses for this line or would a few more or less static poses interest you as well?

Golden_Boy
06-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Well if you're admittedly making statements about things that don't exist on these forums but do elsewhere then we can just leave it at that. :duff

Are you expecting all dynamic poses for this line or would a few more or less static poses interest you as well?

Nah, I can't see them all being dynamic...hell, maybe none of them will be! :lol I mean, it's more the bases with XM, isn't it? I mean, Han just standing there, blaster at his side...is that worth $1100 or whatever Canadian it'll end up costing in the end? Nah. It'd have to be something that'd blow me away. And that can be simple too! It just has to be simple, and cool.

I'm not sure if that makes sense! :lol

Like, my Deadpool PF is one of my favourites! It's simple, but I love it. My Obi-Wan Mythos...that's something I'd expect from most of their pieces. It's not dynamic in the Spider-Man PF pose type of way, but it tells a story. Maybe that's a better way to put it, and XM has made a lot of bases that tell a story. That's important, I think. Or it at least helps make them so sought after/appealing.

For example, for Vader, I think him in his meditation chamber would be really awesome and unique, and right down XMs line of strengths!

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/chron/medipod.jpg

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
06-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Nah, I can't see them all being dynamic...hell, maybe none of them will be! :lol I mean, it's more the bases with XM, isn't it? I mean, Han just standing there, blaster at his side...is that worth $1100 or whatever Canadian it'll end up costing in the end? Nah. It'd have to be something that'd blow me away. And that can be simple too! It just has to be simple, and cool.

I'm not sure if that makes sense! :lol

Like, my Deadpool PF is one of my favourites! It's simple, but I love it. My Obi-Wan Mythos...that's something I'd expect from most of their pieces. It's not dynamic in the Spider-Man PF pose type of way, but it tells a story. Maybe that's a better way to put it, and XM has made a lot of bases that tell a story. That's important, I think. Or it at least helps make them so sought after/appealing.

For example, for Vader, I think him in his meditation chamber would be really awesome, and right down XMs line of strengths!

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/chron/medipod.jpg

I see exactly what you're saying and completely agree. They typically put a lot of effort and imagination into tying their bases to the character on them, so you're probably right when saying most fans are expecting to be blown away with whatever they reveal. :goodpost:

That Vader idea is killer! :rock

Grumpy Bear
06-01-2015, 09:18 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2cz7biq.jpg

Must add a production piece. :wink1:

http://www.google.de/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/20/59d978d19f773219f3c304e141c703b5.jpg&sa=X&ei=uyxtVfr3MIzXU67wg8AN&ved=0CAkQ8wc4Mg&usg=AFQjCNEC2rAdvq0Nsh_KV5NWHWOqqjfNFw

Golden_Boy
06-01-2015, 09:37 PM
I see exactly what you're saying and completely agree. They typically put a lot of effort and imagination into tying their bases to the character on them, so you're probably right when saying most fans are expecting to be blown away with whatever they reveal. :goodpost:

That Vader idea is killer! :rock

:hi5: Yeah, when it popped into my head I kinda went, "Wow, if they did that I'd probably do what I could to get one!" :lol

Sweet Rabbit
06-02-2015, 02:20 AM
:hi5: Yeah, when it popped into my head I kinda went, "Wow, if they did that I'd probably do what I could to get one!" :lol

Gentle Giant did that years ago

jkno
06-02-2015, 02:40 AM
As I don't care about comics, neither for human SW characters, I'd only be interested in the helmets and armors of the possible characters XM makes to be reasonably accurate. This is because for example the 1/6 Stormtrooper, though not perfect, it is a fantastic figure. So if HT made the same sculpt but in 1/4, I'd be very happy with it, because the smaller figure already looks awesome. I don't really care if a collectible company make a statue or a figure as long as it looks good.

Tbolt
06-02-2015, 03:44 AM
Must add a production piece. :wink1:

http://www.google.de/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/20/59d978d19f773219f3c304e141c703b5.jpg&sa=X&ei=uyxtVfr3MIzXU67wg8AN&ved=0CAkQ8wc4Mg&usg=AFQjCNEC2rAdvq0Nsh_KV5NWHWOqqjfNFw

Are you trying to say one or the other is better, because none of them look like RDJ.

Or are you trying to prove Golden_Boy's statement correct about the XM can do no wrong fanboys that exist here too?

Tbolt
06-02-2015, 03:46 AM
As I don't care about comics, neither for human SW characters, I'd only be interested in the helmets and armors of the possible characters XM makes to be reasonably accurate. This is because for example the 1/6 Stormtrooper, though not perfect, it is a fantastic figure. So if HT made the same sculpt but in 1/4, I'd be very happy with it, because the smaller figure already looks awesome. I don't really care if a collectible company make a statue or a figure as long as it looks good.

Yeah, I think they will nail the helmeted characters. Hopefully they focus on 1/4, as I think they are way too expensive to justify their 1/6 stuff. Go big or go home. Also will be interesting to see if they finally incorporate some light up effects.

ambasah
06-02-2015, 05:42 AM
none of the human pfs from SS have been homeruns, except for maybe obiwan and ANH leia.

the mythos obiwan was perfection, but whether this will translate to pfs in the future remains to be seen.

SS has their A-game dedicated to star wars. Thankfully they are free of the rampant qc issues affecting other licenses.

xm will offer a nice alternate but at a hefty price. Given how well the SS pfs have been made and received, they will have to blow away most collectors to fork over that kind of dough.

I think they are up to the challenge and look forward to seeing fully sculpted renditions of my favourite characters.

Grumpy Bear
06-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Are you trying to say one or the other is better, because none of them look like RDJ.

Or are you trying to prove Golden_Boy's statement correct about the XM can do no wrong fanboys that exist here too?

I have no time to answer on any provocation post, sorry. If you need this in your life, have fun. :wave

Golden_Boy
06-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Gentle Giant did that years ago

Did they? That'd be cool to see their take! Any pictures? I can't find any images of it. Closest I can find is Vader kneeling.

Elementcharm
06-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Let's pump it up a notch. I want to see his chamber but torn to bits barely working with Vader in the middle of it looking exhausted. Like he just survived one hell of an assassination attempt or giant space battle. Gotta get infuse it was a story after all.

dao2
06-02-2015, 12:17 PM
not that story please :P

Centurion
06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm hopeful XM will do well. If not, oh well. Just more waiting.

Jagjaguwar
06-02-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm actually more curious about how their helmet sculpts will be than their actor likenesses. I'm guessing the faces will be good, not fantastic (obviously I have as much of a clue as anyone else), but it's the helmets that are something that seems to have posed a real technical challenge for companies historically. How many stormtrooper sculpts have we seen, with very few being what we'd call "accurate?"

Sure, there's plenty of people who don't notice the difference, or couldn't point out specific inaccuracies, but if something's not right with something as iconic as Vader's mask, it's possible for even less hardcore fans to feel that something is just "off." Let the waiting begin :)

jkno
06-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Since I am following this thread I'll wait and see what XM comes with. They have some big shoes to fill though, there are many SW licensees now, addressing all tastes and preferences, and to come with a new line they have to make exceptional product, especially if at very high price.

Gartogg
06-03-2015, 02:27 AM
I keep hearing people talk about XM's high price..... I'm in Australia and here is a comparison for you.

XM Wolverine 1/4 scale cost me $792 delivered

The upcoming Vader PF from a local shop will be $779.99

Best extra $12 I ever spent :)

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
06-03-2015, 02:49 AM
I keep hearing people talk about XM's high price..... I'm in Australia and here is a comparison for you.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

gamesmaster86
06-03-2015, 03:09 AM
Did they? That'd be cool to see their take! Any pictures? I can't find any images of it. Closest I can find is Vader kneeling.

That's because it was actually made by Applause, I own the piece and like it a lot :-)

dao2
06-03-2015, 10:04 AM

I think XM has value in their prices, it's higher but they're based are larger and celebrate and have a lot of other things going on and switch outs. Shipping for US is probably killer though ;p

choopie
06-03-2015, 10:41 AM
The only things I would be interested out of this announcement are a 1/4 Han Solo, since it appears that Sideshow will never get around to making another one, and a 1/4 Stormtrooper. But will have to see what they have up their sleeve.

savageHULK
06-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Darth Maul is honestly the only character I'm craving at this point. I hope the new Star Wars trilogy brings more main characters into it that aren't just humans. I want more zabrakis/darthomirians. More of everything really. Vs he human element is good, but would be more powerful if other races were intertwined.

Golden_Boy
06-03-2015, 01:12 PM
That's because it was actually made by Applause, I own the piece and like it a lot :-)

Ah cool, found a smaller picture of it! Thanks for the info! :) That's pretty much what I was thinking. Can't find the size of it at the moment. Is it 1/6th? Looks great though! :hi5:

I think a 1/4 version by XM would be pricey (size and weight), but amazing as well! Especially with all the details they could bring to it.

Here's the picture I found from Applause!

http://www.raumhafen.de/galerie/statues/pics/meditationchamber.jpg

myc
06-03-2015, 01:22 PM
I think that would be to much.. I want vader in a standing museum pose.. the chamber is cool.. but it takes it completely away from Vader itself as a focus

dao2
06-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Ah cool, found a smaller picture of it! Thanks for the info! :) That's pretty much what I was thinking. Can't find the size of it at the moment. Is it 1/6th? Looks great though! :hi5:

I think a 1/4 version by XM would be pricey (size and weight), but amazing as well! Especially with all the details they could bring to it.

Here's the picture I found from Applause!

http://www.raumhafen.de/galerie/statues/pics/meditationchamber.jpg

looks way smaller then 1/6th.

Centurion
06-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Now that I see it, I wouldn't want a 1/4 Vader in his chamber.
Looks like he hatched out of a Faberge egg.

Uncle Bingo
06-03-2015, 09:36 PM
I think a 1/4 version of the chamber would look freaking sweet.

Elementcharm
06-03-2015, 09:37 PM
I want Ahsoka! She is still part of Disney's 'lore' and correct me if I'm wrong there hasn't been a decent statue of her yet.

slynger
06-03-2015, 10:00 PM
I want Ahsoka! She is still part of Disney's 'lore' and correct me if I'm wrong there hasn't been a decent statue of her yet.

If they got the pose and attitude right it could be good. But I think they'll stick with movie characters since TFA is only several months away.

albundyland
06-03-2015, 10:07 PM
I know this isn't popular opinion, but I hope XM does something dramatic with Vader. They did a great job with Magneto and the Phoenix. They were able to take 2 comic icons and give them magnificent presence in a way that hasn't yet been done.

I really don't think XM will go for a static museum pose. It's not their MO. I'm predicting that the XM Vader is going to be badass and imposing. I'm also predicting that it'll cause more chaos and mayhem than the Sideshow PF. ;)

jkno
06-04-2015, 01:27 AM
I'd like an impressive museum pose for Vader too. But excepting Attakus 1 and the 1/10 Koto Vader every other statue of him is having a plastic pole in his hands.

MrPickles
06-04-2015, 09:27 AM
It's hard to offer an opinion w/out seeing what they're actually gonna do with the license, but if you combine XM's poor human-face likeness w/their high price-point...this barely registers a blip on my excitement meter.

dan350zr
06-04-2015, 11:53 AM
It's hard to offer an opinion w/out seeing what they're actually gonna do with the license, but if you combine XM's poor human-face likeness w/their high price-point...this barely registers a blip on my excitement meter.

:cuckoo:

Jagjaguwar
06-04-2015, 03:07 PM
:cuckoo:

Not sure what's crazy about being a bit unexcited about pieces we really know nothing about.
Seems about as crazy as being wildly excited about pieces we really know nothing about.

dao2
06-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I think it's a bit crazy cause he basically contradicts his first statement with his second ;p

Grumpy Bear
06-04-2015, 07:09 PM
I think it's a bit crazy cause he basically contradicts his first statement with his second ;p

Yes! :lol

:rotfl:hi5::rotfl

dao2
06-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Well you gotta appreciate his style

"There's not much point to judging without seeing anything first....

But imma do it anyway http://gfxlovers.com/smilies/imgs/glasses/glasses006.gif"

Jagjaguwar
06-05-2015, 10:42 AM
He said it's hard to give an opinion on something no one has seen. Then he said that based on what we do know from past XM pieces (face sculpts and prices), that he's not really very excited yet.

That's not actually contradictory at all, nor is it judging anything. For it to be a contradiction, he would have had to say "it's impossible to give an opinion," and then proceed to give an actual opinion.

dao2
06-05-2015, 11:39 AM
There's a big difference not being that excited or staying neutral and barely being a blip on the radar ;p And that's why I said sorta :P Is it a direct contradiction? No, but it's essentially ignoring the given advice ;p

And based on the past.... ONE face sculpt (among many, two if you included hulk I guess) isn't exactly a history of terrible face sculpts.

comicbookguy
06-05-2015, 12:16 PM
So XM finally give us a new

Talon
Ventress
Low cut Aayla secura

darth dennis
06-05-2015, 02:51 PM

Talon
Ventress
Low cut Aayla secura

maybe after 9 versions of Vader and 8 of Fett...

slynger
06-05-2015, 03:22 PM

Talon
Ventress
Low cut Aayla secura

Dude, you're asking the same question in the Fett thread. A different thread is still going to yield the same answer.

Sweet Rabbit
06-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Dude, you're asking the same question in the Fett thread. A different thread is still going to yield the same answer.

Don't feed :lol

bkc6j
06-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Bummed there isn't any more info yet. Been checking their facebook page. Anyone hearing anything unofficial at shows or view forums, etc. yet?

myc
06-16-2015, 01:13 PM
na.. last thing was " be patient please... waiting on some design to be approved"

IM not even excited anymore.. looks like its impossible to get it as a US resident .. or its just crazy expensive on top of the regular price

Manhunto
06-16-2015, 05:30 PM
na.. last thing was " be patient please... waiting on some design to be approved"

IM not even excited anymore.. looks like its impossible to get it as a US resident .. or its just crazy expensive on top of the regular price

Why it's impossible to get it in US? From where this company is? Europe?

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

TRDNiteLife
06-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Why it's impossible to get it in US? From where this company is? Europe?

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

WHICH COUNTRIES DO YOU SELL & SHIP YOUR PRODUCTS TO?

XM Studios' licensing rights only cover 5 SEA Countries Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia, and also Europe countries Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. As such, we can only directly sell or market our products to customers in these countries. We apologise sincerely if we are unable to sell to customers or fans in other countries.

XM Studios (http://www.xm-studios.com/faq.aspx)

jkno
06-16-2015, 11:44 PM
If there will be something big from XM that I couldn't pass on, I will ask some friends from Germany or France to buy for me. But XM is missing on some big countries like Great Britain, US, Canada etc. Glad they added Liechtenstein though...

ambasah
06-17-2015, 02:31 AM
they want to sell worldwide but SS "monopoly" prevents them from doing so.

Hopefully that will change in the future...

erichulgan
06-17-2015, 07:22 AM
If these are truly excellent pieces then we need to get a group of buyers together and bulk ship to keep shipping lowest possible.

Grumpy Bear
07-20-2015, 03:03 AM
"Hi guys we know that everyone are waiting for XM studios starwar series.... here are some small wips to
share.....pls be patient .....enjoy" XM FB

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11162214_1573913109496049_9188944317978984507_n.jp g?oh=e3e16a28cc8b43572f442158151b335a&oe=561721CD
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11760197_1573913129496047_137511048723821134_n.jpg ?oh=e3c9c7a49f9f1a72e4977c28ebab3489&oe=561E4B51
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11737957_1573913146162712_7855227034556190821_n.jp g?oh=4c345c9dcfa81aa7d98a3367f699a414&oe=56560CA3
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1912187_1573913176162709_2702347371331823925_n.jpg ?oh=4c72fce9b34ef1986ab630902dc75bd0&oe=5652FDAE
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11755736_1573913206162706_3250338058070030890_n.jp g?oh=d7199d6f08101b2bd41477cbf5eec584&oe=561ED5EF

Grumpy Bear
07-20-2015, 04:16 AM
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11755756_1573928256161201_3063119539751794739_n.jp g?oh=f71477851103bf2478a77cfc0be41555&oe=561DE1DC
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11742841_1573928252827868_8310087234560463910_n.jp g?oh=024a8e59036c2be4e0b38a1ffcae3df4&oe=564790CC
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11742889_1573928249494535_3037051403363539451_n.jp g?oh=f24417b01952749ef2ddf0867d631f2f&oe=564CF970
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11751887_1573928259494534_4177009144953107119_n.jp g?oh=d00f4d0e203a17a98b0a59517dbca162&oe=56179160

jkno
07-20-2015, 04:38 AM
What's with Stormtrooper's mouth?

Xenoburger_
07-20-2015, 04:53 AM
These all look a bit cartoony IMO.

myc
07-20-2015, 05:09 AM
only one Im interested in is Vader...

Im set on Boba.. the Sideshow Anikan Sith is fantastic enough for me.. no interest in little Ani ... and Stormtrooper I'm good with Sideshows.. or even HT coming out with one..

Grumpy Bear
07-20-2015, 05:16 AM
What's with Stormtrooper's mouth?

What is with Stormtrooper's mouth? Tell us. :wink1:

You mean a very very very first look on WIP looks not finished? :wave

kimsoyens
07-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Hmmm interesting.. Lucky im in asia, no problem in pre ordering it.

Instagram: soysith

jkno
07-20-2015, 06:00 AM

Vader looks kind of ok, but I'm not a Vader expert, but Stormtrooper is very weird and Fett and Anakin are indeed cartoony. What are the prices going for these XM figures/statues (other lines)?

mfoga
07-20-2015, 06:11 AM
Vader looks kind of ok, but I'm not a Vader expert, but Stormtrooper is very weird and Fett and Anakin are indeed cartoony. What are the prices going for these XM figures/statues (other lines)?
Non member price 800 and up.

Xenoburger_
07-20-2015, 06:20 AM
You mean a very very very first look on WIP looks not finished? :waveNo ****. I thought that was obvious.

jkno
07-20-2015, 06:31 AM
Non member price 800 and up.

Wow... For this money I don't really want idealized cartoony statues.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Lovin Vader! No desire for any other SW character atm.

http://www.longshotpublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Darth-Vader.jpg

mfoga
07-20-2015, 06:34 AM
But after you buy and register 4 you become a premier member and can save 10% :lol

Grumpy Bear
07-20-2015, 07:00 AM
But after you buy and register 4 you become a premier member and can save 10% :lol

Must be hard to understand itīs SGD, or not? :lol

Grumpy Bear
07-20-2015, 07:22 AM
No ****. I thought that was obvious.

You mean judging on very early concept art can say how it looks finished. No, it was far away from an obvious opinion. :wave

dan350zr
07-20-2015, 07:58 AM

1) I'm sure the $800 is SGD, so USD it's $580

2) All WIP pictures look cartoony, The finished product is what I'm interested in..

Xenoburger_
07-20-2015, 08:33 AM
You mean judging on very early concept art can say how it looks finished. No, it was far away from an obvious opinion. :waveNo, that's not what I said. I never said "this is how they will look finished". I simply said the WIP shots, that were shown on the previous page, the only photos/material we have seen of their Star Wars line, look CARTOONY. Which they do. I gave my opinion on what we have seen thus far. That is all.

:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave

Grumpy Bear
07-20-2015, 08:43 AM
No, that's not what I said. I never said "this is how they will look finished". I simply said the WIP shots, that were shown on the previous page, the only photos/material we have seen of their Star Wars line, look CARTOONY. Which they do. I gave my opinion on what we have seen thus far. That is all.

:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave

Ok, sometimes you canīt see the difference between just an opinion vs ..... you know. My fail. :hi5:

Jagjaguwar
07-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Vader's dome and the TK helmet look a bit off. CG rendering only though (apparently), so maybe they'll be able to make them look better before sculpting anything.

On another note... who asked for a little boy version of Anakin? :lol

myc
07-20-2015, 10:07 AM
so better question now is... WHO in Asia there can I trust to get me one if I want and can afford one !?!?

ambasah
07-20-2015, 11:21 AM
in my view these will not necessarily pass the "accuracy bar".

I think what will set them apart (in addition to being fully sculpted) is an amazing, dynamic pose and a killer base. I think back to the old unleashed line from hasbro and hope these will be 1/4 scale versions (obviously better sculpted) similar to those.

Xenoburger_
07-20-2015, 12:34 PM
in my view these will not necessarily pass the "accuracy bar".

I think what will set them apart (in addition to being fully sculpted) is an amazing, dynamic pose and a killer base. I think back to the old unleashed line from hasbro and hope these will be 1/4 scale versions (obviously better sculpted) similar to those.Unfortunately this is what I'm expecting as well. I really hope they make them as accurate as possible though.

I've seen some of their superhero statues and the poses are incredibly dynamic and unique.

dan350zr
07-20-2015, 01:47 PM
so better question now is... WHO in Asia there can I trust to get me one if I want and can afford one !?!?

:dunno

If XM does nail the likeness factor people are going to be swimming to Singapore to get them :lol

entrari
07-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Pissed that there's three versions of Anakin. It I don't get a Han.

Mandible
07-20-2015, 03:51 PM
All I can think is, why bother? Especially after seeing the WIP's.

The whole line feels kind of irrelevant. We have the SSC PF's, and now Hot Toys - which are cranking it to a whole new level.

Do we really need another? :dunno

Manhunto
07-20-2015, 04:04 PM

The whole line feels kind of irrelevant. We have the SSC PF's, and now Hot Toys - which are cranking it to a whole new level.

I think yes we need, why? Sideshow Vader nc, HotToys Vader Rots wtf.

dao2
07-20-2015, 04:49 PM

Yeah I'm very much looking forward to their Vader.

Also remember this is supposed to be for the Asia region where there aren't a ton of SS statues (and technically there are supposed to be none just like with XM here) XM just got very popular cause their stuff is just really really good.

epitaph04
07-20-2015, 04:57 PM

Uh yeah probably. Because everyone and their mother is complaining about the star wars PFs and hot toys figures. If XM does things akin to a sort of Mythos style of sorts, I think it could be a great hit. Of sorts.

dan350zr
07-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Pissed that there's three versions of Anakin. It I don't get a Han.

Given how fast they pump these statues out I'm sure Han Is just around the corner...

entrari
07-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Given how fast they pump these statues out I'm sure Han Is just around the corner...

I hope.
I think the guys like me who came in late into statues need this. The older SS pieces are just not at par with the later headsculpts. Hot toys makes figures so I stiill need my stats. Only Star Wars stat I've got from the old lSS line was Jedi Luke. That one I think was worth looking for. Besides that there's slave Leia. It that's about it for me.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2015, 09:53 AM
All I can think is, why bother?

http://img.lightersideofrealestate.com/2014/11/3-money.gif

jkno
07-22-2015, 12:50 AM

Trust me there are people who will buy these too. Remember there are people buying Mr. Potato head Vader Tater figures too and saying they are awesome. LOL I don't mind as many lines as possible out there, competition is good, and this way we can choose to collect what we truly like. It will be bad for completists, but I don't feel for them, they deserve this for their OCD :p

dan350zr
07-22-2015, 06:13 AM

There are those of us who want 100% statues and not Mix Media SS offers, and there are collectors who don't like to collect dolls/figures, the one thing that worries me about HT's is over time do the joints wear out and the figure becomes a puppet with no strings with arms and legs flailing about, not to mention HT's are also Mix Media.

So I defiantly think there is a market for 100% sculpted Star Wars statues.

myc
07-22-2015, 08:56 AM
if you do not use the joints.. there is no way I see them become loose ..

jkno
07-22-2015, 09:37 AM
There are those of us who want 100% statues and not Mix Media SS offers, and there are collectors who don't like to collect dolls/figures, the one thing that worries me about HT's is over time do the joints wear out and the figure becomes a puppet with no strings with arms and legs flailing about, not to mention HT's are also Mix Media.

So I defiantly think there is a market for 100% sculpted Star Wars statues.

I have to say this every time someone uses the derogatory term "dolls": just to be clear on this your beloved statues are also considered dolls by 1/1 and prop collectors. ;)

epitaph04
07-22-2015, 11:24 AM
^^^ I knorite?

It all feels so sanctimonious at times.

dao2
07-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Regardless I do hate seeing joints ;p When they're covered that's fine I suppose. And yes joints don't really wear out if you don't use em :P Stick em in one pose and just leave it there.

entrari
07-22-2015, 03:56 PM
I got in on Hot Toys real early and skill get the occasional piece like the Han and Chewie two pack. But at the end of the day the stats just have more presence and they're posed perfectly fine the way you bought them. Even though figures are articulated, it's actually a ***** to find a good pose for them.

Deedzy
07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
I got in on Hot Toys real early and skill get the occasional piece like the Han and Chewie two pack. But at the end of the day the stats just have more presence and they're posed perfectly fine the way you bought them. Even though figures are articulated, it's actually a ***** to find a good pose for them.

Really? I've always been more of a prop collector myself but I've been moving away from statues because more often than not they sculpt the character in some stupid pose that doesn't reflect who that character is at all. For example the kung fu vaders we get year after year.

Mandible
07-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Really? I've always been more of a prop collector myself but I've been moving away from statues because more often than not they sculpt the character in some stupid pose that doesn't reflect who that character is at all. For example the kung fu vaders we get year after year.

LOL!

Or the new Phantom of the Opera Vader PF!

dan350zr
07-22-2015, 11:37 PM
I have to say this every time someone uses the derogatory term "dolls": just to be clear on this your beloved statues are also considered dolls by 1/1 and prop collectors. ;)

If the statues have doll clothes on them I agree :p

I don't know why people are so sensitive about the term Doll because when you come down to it that's basically what they are, I have several of them myself (Batman & Joker 89 with Batmobile, it's a cool setup).. had a bunch of Star Wars 1:6 figures that I never took out the their boxes so I sold them off, except for a dozen or so that my niece wanted, I'll post pictures when I get a chance, she did a pretty cool setup with them.

Anyways I always say dolls/figures but if you makes you feel more manly I will say "Action Figures" from now on :)

jkno
07-23-2015, 03:14 AM
If the statues have doll clothes on them I agree :p

I don't know why people are so sensitive about the term Doll because when you come down to it that's basically what they are, I have several of them myself (Batman & Joker 89 with Batmobile, it's a cool setup).. had a bunch of Star Wars 1:6 figures that I never took out the their boxes so I sold them off, except for a dozen or so that my niece wanted, I'll post pictures when I get a chance, she did a pretty cool setup with them.

Anyways I always say dolls/figures but if you makes you feel more manly I will say "Action Figures" from now on :)

Don't you worry for me. ;) I'm a prop collector, and most statues are dolls for me too.

dan350zr
07-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Don't you worry for me. ;) I'm a prop collector, and most statues are dolls for me too.

Cool Star wars Collection, your lightsabers on the wall remind me of Howard on the Big Bang Theory....:lol

entrari
07-23-2015, 08:09 PM

The thing about statues is if you don't like the pose then don't get it. You know what it is beforehand. Don't get me wrong I started out with action figures after all., so I do love them. But with Hot Toys sometimes you think you're gonna pose it some way but turns out you can't and that's disappointing for me.

el81295
07-25-2015, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Grumpy Bear;7964103]What is with Stormtrooper's mouth? Tell us. :wink1:

Stormtrooper helmets & armors info (http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8259.0)

eFX Reveals Stormtrooper Hero Legend Edition Helmet! (http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-reveals-stormtrooper-legend-edition-helmet-121699/)

eFX Stormtrooper Helmet - Legend Edition (Hero) (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070056/)

Still prefer my 12 Back.

jkno
07-25-2015, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Grumpy Bear;7964103]What is with Stormtrooper's mouth? Tell us. :wink1:

Stormtrooper helmets & armors info (http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8259.0)

Blah Blah Blah

Still prefer my 12 Back.

So you quoted my own post from another forum? LOL But did you understand at least what is wrong with the mouth? :wink1:
Glad you are happy with your 12 back, though I can see you mostly post on XM statue threads...

el81295
07-25-2015, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=el81295;7984202]

So you quoted my own post from another forum? LOL But did you understand at least what is wrong with the mouth? :wink1:
Glad you are happy with your 12 back, though I can see you mostly post on XM statue threads...

Figured I would since it appear others were genuinely interested and you could only be bothered to remark and leave it at that.

I post in many places.

Yes my 12 Back Toy rules.

jkno
07-25-2015, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=jkno;7984254]

Figured I would since it appear others were genuinely interested and you could only be bothered to remark and leave it at that.

I post in many places.

Yes my 12 Back Toy rules.

Most of your posts are just like that...
I am interested in most Stormtrooper statues, if it looks ok. This doesn't so far. We'll wait for more pics and see how it develops. HT usually listens to customers, not sure if your beloved XM does, but they better do. The times have passed when you can release a Mr Potato Head and call it a statue, but I understand the cheerleaders who like anything a company puts out.

dao2
07-25-2015, 11:23 PM
XM listens to customers a ton more than anyone else, tbh a bit too much.

el81295
07-25-2015, 11:28 PM
I give what I get.

Vintage collectibles is my passion.

Expecting a 1/4 statue to match the quality of a 1:1 prop is silly.

But do go on.

jkno
07-25-2015, 11:58 PM
XM listens to customers a ton more than anyone else, tbh a bit too much.

That's good to know. We need to see how their SW line will look like when finished. So far not impressed with the couple pics above though. But they are protos

I give what I get.

Vintage collectibles is my passion.

Expecting a 1/4 statue to match the quality of a 1:1 prop is silly.

But do go on.

Personally I don't care about vintage SW, though I have a vintage Stormtrooper. Mentioned this just because you brought it into discussion.

Nothing scaled down will match perfectly a 1/1 prop, though there are things that are very close (SFS 1/3 Stormtrooper for example). But getting closer to a prop is better, not worse, even for untrained eyes. Then to have an animated high end statue that's not supposed to be animated is not good either.

el81295
07-26-2015, 12:18 AM
But getting closer to a prop is better, not worse, even for untrained eyes. Then to have an animated high end statue that's not supposed to be animated is not good either.

Agreed.

It would have been beneficial for those folks (XM included) unfamiliar with the RPF and RS background discussions on the related EFX Hero Legend bucket had you explicitly stated your issues with the XM stormy head.

As an aside I count 3 MIB mr potato heads 1964 ( first plastic body), 1968 (on the moon) and 1975 Romper Room amongst my cherished vintage collection. I only mention this as you felt the need disparage him in your earlier post.

jkno
07-26-2015, 01:06 AM
Agreed.

It would have been beneficial for those folks (XM included) unfamiliar with the RPF and RS background discussions on the related EFX Hero Legend bucket had you explicitly stated your issues with the XM stormy head.

As an aside I count 3 MIB mr potato heads 1964 ( first plastic body), 1968 (on the moon) and 1975 Romper Room amongst my cherished vintage collection. I only mention this as you felt the need disparage him in your earlier post.

When the times come we'll show XM what is wrong in even more detail. As for discussions about helmet and prop accuracy there is a thread here where we discuss about these things with those interested. The collectible companies could do a simple research on how a character should look like on their own - I cannot explain to them how Anakin (Hayden) looks like, this is something their sculptors should do.

Then there are tons of sites showing almost anything you want about certain characters, no matter if we talk about Vader, Stormtroopers, Fett, Jedi, or Aliens, Predators etc. If any of these companies are happy to release a collectible in present times with minimal research then they deserve what is coming. Years ago Gentle Giant scanned a real Stormtrooper helmet to make their minibust which was quite accurate this way (though the helmet was a tad too small). After some years the same Gentle Giant released a Stormtrooper statue with a new sculpt, this time not scanned. And looked like crap and people told them that.

I also own a set of SW Potato Heads too, I received them as gift years ago, and since then they are in the attic in a box. Just to be clear on that.

selinakyle
08-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I really hope they don't largely ignore Leia like so many other places...

Golden_Boy
08-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Saw this on a FB group, and it LOOKS like it's a possibly leaked Boba Fett XM statue. I think they're aiming to preview a lot of them at the convention they're going to in September, but I'm surprised there was no other concept art published before this if it is real! Either way, pretty cool action shot! Hard to tell much else with the quality at this point.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11880595_430996577102281_8676153057808452397_n.jpg ?oh=21f750b3a518b53214848ae1e7b0ff74&oe=563794E7

Uncle Bingo
08-21-2015, 09:10 PM
That sure is super dynamic.

dao2
08-21-2015, 09:58 PM
his blaster rifle looks kinda big, hope it's the angle

other then that, **** i want this and probably wont be able to get it :|

Gartogg
08-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Looks great from that pic, I'm sure they will nail it and it will prob become that Fett piece to have

comicbookguy
08-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Will BBTS carry XM statues like all of the coming ones for PO? Any usa retailers to order XM? Will XM make eu characters like ventress, Talon, Malgus, and hope another sexier comic Aayla.

qz33
08-21-2015, 11:44 PM
That sure is super dynamic.

That is the only way I will buy these. That pose is miraculous.

Aliaz
08-21-2015, 11:46 PM
That does look like an awesome pose! "Good" thing I don't have room for such large items. :)

Jagjaguwar
08-22-2015, 12:42 AM

Clearly a pinched visor. Pass.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

savageHULK
08-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Dude. If the smoke effect looks real when this is released. Good god. This will be amazing

ambasah
08-22-2015, 08:52 AM
I must own this.

Manhunto
08-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Can anyone guess the price?

dao2
08-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Can anyone guess the price?

retail probably 600-800, god knows about getting it in the us though :|

comicbookguy
08-22-2015, 10:50 AM
If I get this I will cancel the SS fett. Like the details and action pose more.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Looking sweet so far.

comicbookguy
08-22-2015, 11:21 AM
After seeing this just lost a bit of interests in the SW LSF line. Might consider these and wait on the ss Lsf. Those LSf is good but so much fabric and the sculpts has their own issues on likeness and poses. Unless I can get those 2k lsf for half. The 2k ss is asking for those is not worth the price tag. If this one is this good I must see the vader. So hard to get a good 1/4 vader.

geisT
08-22-2015, 12:57 PM
The pose is like a mashup of GG's animated Fett and Koto's ROTJ 1/7 Fett._.
Great SW debut from XM...next task = global licence!

slynger
08-22-2015, 01:56 PM
That was confirmed to be the XM Fett. I have no doubt they will pull off the smoke effect extremely well, making this one of the 1/4 scale Fett pieces to have.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-22-2015, 02:13 PM
If the Mysterio effect is anything to go by, this will be stellar.

myc
08-22-2015, 05:10 PM
oh boy.. now imagine their vader....

dan350zr
08-22-2015, 07:34 PM
The pose kind of reminds me of this art

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/Monoth/Boba%20Fett%2001.jpg

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-23-2015, 05:08 AM
:rock :rock

geisT
08-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Bingo!
Great artwork._.
On a german collectible board [polystoned.de], someone posted that XM Vader will cost around 2000sgd/1400$ (allegedly stated by the XM CEO) , because
of the massive size...oh dear._.
now i guess, every pricetag under 1k plus shipping and taxes, for this Boba would be suprise...i'm def outta the xm game...:cuckoo:
damn...i paid 250$ for Talon._. 300$ for Shaak Ti/Mythos Boba and 350$ for Malgus, then 400$ for the SSC Boba...and 500 $ for the upcoming Vader._/
...Can't wait for the :duff:panic::dunno:dance:medic:bunnydanc:banana:te d:ccheerlea:799$ SSC Kylo or Phasma...:elefant:dump

dao2
08-23-2015, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't really compare this to the SSC PFs, it is indeed much bigger. But yeah that price is a surprise :/

geisT
08-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Same scale...
google 3A square bomb with "speech/boxtext"aka "you suck._." {Ps4 suxx with links} to imagine my feelings ...Money ruins art....in a rich men' world ...:wave

myc
08-23-2015, 06:55 PM
I hope that's just a bad rumor about the price for Vader

DarthIndy
08-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Pity it's ROTJ and not ESB, but I'm likely priced out of the market anyway!

El Mule
08-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Can't see Vader being 2000SGD, people probably don't have clear in mind how massive are pieces like Phoenix and Thanos, and they came for under 1000SGD.
Even with Vader being bigger than a regular sized human, he's still by far smaller than massive comics characters.

SurlyJ
08-24-2015, 12:40 AM

-jay-
08-24-2015, 12:52 AM
That looks fantastic. :clap

Drum18
08-24-2015, 04:37 AM
Omg!!! My wallet is now scared of Vader!!!

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-24-2015, 04:44 AM
Boom.

jkno
08-24-2015, 05:13 AM
Waiting to see the Stormtrooper and then its price.

myc
08-24-2015, 05:28 AM
kind of to bad they didnt went with sarlacc base on this one..

dao2
08-24-2015, 07:06 AM
kind of to bad they didnt went with sarlacc base on this one..

would have had the same issue as the others that tried tbh, either basically you'd show none of the sarlaac or make it super small for it to fit in. I'm glad they didn't tbh

SurlyJ
08-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Also having a Sarlacc would mean Fett is about to die lol.

marker2037
08-24-2015, 08:37 AM
I really don't care for this base. It's way too busy.

Jagjaguwar
08-24-2015, 08:46 AM
Left leg/foot looks awkward to me. Like he's slipping on whatever that piece of trash is, falling backwards, and using the jetpack to stabilize himself.

Still interested to see how things progress, of course.

PermaG
08-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Does their SW license suffer from the same fate as their Marvel?

As in, will these also not be available (officially) to US customers?

myc
08-24-2015, 11:04 AM
same problem :(

comicbookguy
08-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Does their SW license suffer from the same fate as their Marvel?

As in, will these also not be available (officially) to US customers?

That's what I hate about XM. Shame...

Racetrack
08-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Left leg/foot looks awkward to me. Like he's slipping on whatever that piece of trash is, falling backwards, and using the jetpack to stabilize himself.

Yes agreed. Hope they change it.

SurlyJ
08-24-2015, 01:53 PM
The left leg looks perfect to me. He is going backwards, evading something and guiding/springing off the piece. If they change the leg it will mess up the dynamic intention of the pose imo.

Jagjaguwar
08-24-2015, 03:49 PM
The left leg looks perfect to me. He is going backwards, evading something and guiding/springing off the piece. If they change the leg it will mess up the dynamic intention of the pose imo.

I was thinking about this possibility, too. To me it would only make sense if the leg was bent, or if it was his toes pushing off and not his heel. I'm sure I'm overthinking this as its a sketch and nothing final (or is that a prototype?), but it's what I noticed first and I can't un-see it :lol

Golden_Boy
08-24-2015, 04:48 PM
I was thinking about this possibility, too. To me it would only make sense if the leg was bent, or if it was his toes pushing off and not his heel. I'm sure I'm overthinking this as its a sketch and nothing final (or is that a prototype?), but it's what I noticed first and I can't un-see it :lol

Yeah, as Surly said, he's leaping backwards evading with his jet pack, guns blazing. I believe the prototype for the statue is already done anyway, so everyone will actually get to see it in September at the Con XM is going to.

I have no doubt that XM will nail Fett, Vader and any Trooper they do...masked characters will likely be great all around! The interesting pieces will be the human characters we all know and love, and actually keeping their likeness throughout the process! Should be fun to see what's on deck.

Agoniste
08-26-2015, 08:22 AM

From the looks of it, I think he is landing

comicbookguy
08-28-2015, 12:24 AM
I wonder if we will get a unmasked COH? Not sure if I really like or will ever display one unmasked fett.

Agoniste
08-28-2015, 10:20 AM
On second thought, he's definitively not landing, but still it seems weird

slynger
08-28-2015, 01:07 PM
I wonder if we will get a unmasked COH? Not sure if I really like or will ever display one unmasked fett.

He better freakin' not come with a COH. You never see Fett's face and I don't care what those ****** prequels say.

Khev
08-28-2015, 01:46 PM
He better freakin' not come with a COH. You never see Fett's face and I don't care what those ****** prequels say.

If any company wanted to get cute with providing an unmasked Fett the only thing I would accept (even though I wouldn't display it) would be a "behind the scenes" COH of the actual actor or stuntman wearing the costume. Since this is apparently Sarlacc Pit Fett I would accept either Glenn Randall (pictured below) or Dickey Beer.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eIOAwoeu1dU/UiH4sVqce2I/AAAAAAAAVz8/naQrsmp98C8/s1600/PDVD_126.JPG

For ESB they could do a bearded Jeremy Bulloch:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/ThinWhiteDuke1/JBulloch1.jpg

Temeura Morrison? Forget that. :nono

Jagjaguwar
08-28-2015, 08:38 PM
On second thought, he's definitively not landing, but still it seems weird

This was my thinking, yeah. If he's landing heel first with an unbent leg, he'd hurt himself. Try hopping down even a single stair on one leg, landing on your heel with your leg totally straight and not bending to cushion the impact. Doesn't work well.

And if he's pushing off, also doesn't work. Try standing on one leg again, this time pulling your toes up off the ground and again having your leg totally straight. Now jump somehow without using either your toes or the bending of your knee for leverage. Doesn't work well.

That's about as well as I can explain what I'm seeing.

SurlyJ
08-28-2015, 09:02 PM
He's not pushing off. He's just guiding, using his foot as a mini-rudder. He has a jet pack, he doesn't need a push off he just needs to angle himself backward. Imagine he was standing on that thing and being shot at and he jumps up a little, engages the jet pack, it spurts up a bit initially, he falls a few inches with his one foot on that thing and he allows himself to fall backwards as he ignites the jetpack into full force to send himself backwards and up. I don't know, it makes sense to me.

Jagjaguwar
08-29-2015, 12:09 AM
Well, that makes enough sense. Especially given the angle of a his upper body and the jetpack thrusters. Thanks for spelling it out so my dumb brain could stop worrying about it :lol :duff

Come to think of it, who knows if the stupid foot is even touching anything at all..... Could just be the angle... :slap

Visedar
08-30-2015, 10:36 AM
My guess is that the platform which he is standing on is collapsing, and he's recovering from the fall, maintaining balance and staying afloat, using his jetpack.

El Mule
08-31-2015, 04:42 AM
Don't see the point in arguing this much about the pose, every Boba artwork with him using the jetpack has a similar stance. He's clearly using his left leg to push backwards and his right leg to prevent from hitting the wall and to propel upwards, avoiding to hit the wall while evading an attack. For what it's worth, I do love it, my only gripe is the smoke effect.

nash
08-31-2015, 05:47 PM
How do people in the US get these?

slynger
08-31-2015, 05:55 PM

Most collectors use a third party who has direct access. Costs a bit more, but they can be obtained.

mfoga
08-31-2015, 05:55 PM
eBay :lol

dao2
08-31-2015, 10:30 PM
more money or a leap of faith ><

comicbookguy
09-01-2015, 10:27 PM

Sell 2 or 3 sideshow statues and buy 1 XM. :idea

SwiftC
09-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Every time Comic Book Guy makes a post an angel gets punched in the di**.

myc
09-10-2015, 05:51 AM
VADER PRICE IS CRAZY...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/RaasKaaz/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-10%20at%208.47.36%20AM_zpsmdjjkuj1.png

Drum18
09-10-2015, 05:52 AM
VADER PRICE IS CRAZY...
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/RaasKaaz/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-10%20at%208.47.36%20AM_zpsmdjjkuj1.pngSet of 3??? WTF????

myc
09-10-2015, 05:56 AM
its stupid.. if you do 3 versions.. let people buy them separately .. I dont need 3 Vaders if thats the case

UPDATE: is for a set of 3 SW statues.. wonder if you can order Vader separate

davide87ita
09-10-2015, 06:30 AM
XM post: "We believe once you've seen it in person, you'd agree it all needs to be TOGETHER. Again wish we can share more but we have sworn secrecy. "

Maybe a diorama of vader fights jedi

Manhunto
09-10-2015, 06:50 AM
It could be something incredible. By the standards of XM price is not high. We get three PF 518$ each + -. Give photos XM! :)

myc
09-10-2015, 06:51 AM
i hope it something totally I dont like

darth dennis
09-10-2015, 07:39 AM
i hope it something totally I dont like

This.

Golden_Boy
09-10-2015, 08:42 AM
its stupid.. if you do 3 versions.. let people buy them separately .. I dont need 3 Vaders if thats the case

UPDATE: is for a set of 3 SW statues.. wonder if you can order Vader separate

Did they say it was for three separate Star Wars statues? I'm still getting the vibe that it's for three Vader themed statues. I remember seeing the Anakin WIP they did a while back, and it's possible that it could be the "life and times" of Vader. Not sure why that'd be sworn to secrecy...unless they're talking hype for the show over requirements from Disney (as I'd only see that relating to Force Awakens pieces.)

Possibly an Anakin, Vader and redeemed Anakin trio? I mean, it's all speculation right now, but I think it'd be odd to say "Darth Vader Set of 3" and then have Boba Fett on another line. I'm going to go with them all being Vader themed.

Just did a quick search, and it could possibly be along the lines of these:

http://flameofudun.net/filedata/fetch?id=16060&d=1437454119&type=full

http://flameofudun.net/filedata/fetch?id=16052&d=1437453684&type=full

http://flameofudun.net/filedata/fetch?id=16059&d=1437453752&type=full

Ani being one of them would explain why the total cost is roughly two and a half statues. Again, all speculation until it's finally revealed!

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11386476_865473220202117_54090988_n.jpg

SurlyJ
09-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Whatever it is, it better be amazing for that price. MANY people will pass if they are required to buy a couple of Anakin statues to get a Vader. Really goofy move if that is the case.

myc
09-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Xm confirmed you can NOT order Vader only!!

Uncle Bingo
09-10-2015, 09:32 AM
That's kind of a **** move making everyone buy 3 statues. Having said that, the stages of Anakin would make a killer display.

myc
09-10-2015, 09:39 AM
I hope its freaking ugly as hell.. so I dont have to cry over this...because I won't be able to pay $2500 on this no matter what

loricstone
09-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I'm just curious as to how the hell is XM going to ship the Vader statue? One big box? or two? Also, we don't even know what the statue is of? Maybe it's being titled a Vader statue but Luke could be included as well. Maybe its Vader force choking one rebel alliance member while another one was dispatched on the floor...equaling three statues. It could be anything and once again as usual...people jump the gun. Hold on to your horses.

Now maybe the price and aftermarket acquireability may turn others off and that is absolutely 100% acceptable and understandable...but to blast something we know nothing about is straight up ludicrous.

dan350zr
09-10-2015, 11:04 AM
I think it's going to be a progression showing him in his 3 stages (boy, Teenager and then Vader) It will probably look pretty awesome as a display piece showing his transformation... I think it's gonna be around $1500 USD... I gotta start saving :)

myc
09-10-2015, 11:32 AM
its going to be more to 2k.. its $1560 retail .. plus shipping and custom ... easy $2100

Uncle Bingo
09-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Is BBTS the only place in the US where you can get XM stuff directly? Simply Toys doesn't ship to the US anymore. I have a feeling if this thing turns out as good as their Magneto prices could easily hit $5K+ on eBay, especially if you are getting 3 statues.