Still looking for people who display collections in BILLY bookcases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofiesord

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Sorry for double posting - I realised I already asked you once before. But if someone missed that post - feel free to still contribute to the IKEA Museum if you want! Info below:

I would like to get in contact with people who are displaying their collections in IKEA BILLY bookcases.

I work for what is going to be the IKEA Museum in Älmhult, Sweden, and we are currently collecting stories and images from people all over the world who use the BILLY bookcase in fun, creative and interesting ways. Displaying collections in them certainly is interesting!

So, if you store and display your collection in a BILLY bookcase, and want to show it off on our blog, I would be very happy. The blog, BILLY & KLIPPAN | is a place where we collect and share stories. Some of the stories that are submitted via the blog will be selected to appear in the IKEA Museum when it opens. We may also contact some of the people if we want to make a bigger feature in the museum.

On the blog, there is a contact form you can fill in to submit your story and images (Click on Contribute with your own story). We like to hear about everything from the size of you collection, why you collect, your favorite items etc. to why you chose the BILLY bookcase, and what the next step for your collecting is.

If you want to share your story - just go to the blog. If you have questions, you are welcome to contact me: [email protected]. I hope you don't disapprove of me reaching out in this forum!

Hope to see some amazing collections soon!:)

Sofie Bergkvist
Curator
IKEA Museum

Last edited:
This is my old display, I had loads of Billy bookcase to display my statues. But now I collect bigger statues I need to get some Besta cabinet.

45457001.jpg

ssssssssss001.jpg

ssssssssss002.jpg

ssssssssss010.jpg

45457002.jpg

Displayroom013-1.jpg

guys.

I've just recently moved house so I have a great big project on turning this room into my statue display room, using IKEA cabinets.

I will keep that billy bookcase to display my avengers, but have it in white to go against grey walls. The other display cabinets I will mostly be using is BESTA and Detolf.

This is my old display, I had loads of Billy bookcase to display my statues. But now I collect bigger statues I need to get some Besta cabinet.

45457001.jpg

ssssssssss001.jpg

ssssssssss002.jpg

ssssssssss010.jpg

45457002.jpg

Displayroom013-1.jpg

guys.

I've just recently moved house so I have a great big project on turning this room into my statue display room, using IKEA cabinets.

I will keep that billy bookcase to display my avengers, but have it in white to go against grey walls. The other display cabinets I will mostly be using is BESTA and Detolf.

Cool! I'd love to see how your display develops!

Cool! I'd love to see how your display develops!

I will do, I've ordered all the cabinets I need. Will take pictures of putting them together.

I wish IKEA would bring back the Tombo glass doors for Besta, cant see the statue as well with the new doors. Might have to be a custom job.

Just put the Besta units together to check the size, still have a bit of work left to the room. Waiting for carpets next week then I can put my Billy cabinet and rest of the units up then.

Back