Terminator T-800 1:1 Lifesize Version 2.0 Quality Control issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terras Jadeonar

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I've definately have some Q/C issues with my Ver 2.0 Lifesize Endoskeleton. Was wondering if anyone else encountered these issues.

1.) Left hand trigger finger thumb broken just past knuckle; fairly clean break, was already broken in the box
2.) Right hand thumb finger fell off after assembly - directly in the first knuckle joint / post. Heard something drop, looked, and was surprised...
3.) Sizable scuff on the chrome finish down to the resin or whatever material is used in the front above breast / below front shoulder hydraulics piston - is on the front facing cylindrical shoulder assembly, aproximately what would be the left breast area...
4.) - NEW: Just today as I have him in the back corner of my Home Theater room downstairs, same back wall where the entry door is, and directly across from the other wall where the Laundry / Furnace / Mechanical room is. Anyways, I had the adapter plugged in, and switch set to "Center = Off" position. I toggled the switch a few times, both up, center and down (Up = Flashing, Down = Solid), and the light just won't shut off unless I unplug it.

Now, you have to understand its a very dark Theater room 12ft x 24ft in size, - Black suspended ceiling tiles and t-bars (T-bars, how fitting eh?) , Dark Navy / Midnight Blue walls, dark grey floors, black painted baseboards, matte black wall scones and matching matte black potlights in the tceiling tiles) - Dimmable LED A9 13w bulbs on remote controlled wall dimmer switches. Black leather powerd reclining sofas, black speakers - box & grills, and black wall mounts for the rear surrounds. No windows. Its pitch black in the room with all the lights off. Theater entry door is at the rear of the room (screen wall being front of the room) Laundry / Mechanical / Furnace room is off to the side near the theater room door on the right. Big guy is on the same rear wall in the left corner. He looks IMHO absolutely stunning there. Already had some guests over and had a few eyes "pop" after they noticed the theater and looked around. I gotta get a bluetooth porrtable speaker, and have a couple sound files ready to play on my smartphone and place the speaker behind the guy... Lights all lit up and room pitch dark :D ...

The funny part is when I went to work, it was switched off. When I got home the switch was in the Center / Off position, and the lights were flashing. Toggled the switch a few times, unplugged and plugged the adapter back in. It simply won't switch off. Only thing that worries me is that there's a short somewheres in the adapter or light base. That just shouldn't be happening.

Although one could joke it would be amusing if the big guy was able to switch the lights on, and/or his eyes at it's own will! :) Now only if it were self arae, could speak, and move on its own, directly out of the movies... We can dream can't we? ;)

The big guy is truly the sweetest thing i've every ordered in my life, I totally love it/him. It doesn't spook me at all when I walk into the room with the lights own and have to turn towards him to switch the lights on and see'ing just the faintest outlines from where it's chrome chasis catches the slightest bit of light spilling in from the main room. I already have the T-800 veteran, T700, and T-600 busts still in the boxes, as well as the 1:2 scale T-800 on order. Just need to get some shelving made for them as well as all the 1/6th scale HotToys figures I've purchased... I keep joking that I'd be totally fine with the big guy set in one corner of my bedroom. I only wish they'd eventually come out with a TOK715 Cameron both in Human and Endoskelton lifesize , I'd put them next to the T800...

But yeah, amusement aside, I'm still wondering if anyone else has bought / received T800 Lifesize version 2.0 with some damage, defects, or quality control issues...?

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 20.31.04a.JPG
    2015-05-02 20.31.04a.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 409
  • 2015-05-02 20.26.47a.JPG
    2015-05-02 20.26.47a.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 2015-05-02 20.17.47a.JPG
    2015-05-02 20.17.47a.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 398
  • 2015-04-30 14.28.50b.JPG
    2015-04-30 14.28.50b.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 2015-04-30 14.19.20b.JPG
    2015-04-30 14.19.20b.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 2015-04-24 23.25.01b.JPG
    2015-04-24 23.25.01b.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 393
  • 2015-05-02 19.24.30b.JPG
    2015-05-02 19.24.30b.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 403
  • 2015-04-24 23.24.56b.JPG
    2015-04-24 23.24.56b.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 412
I'd send that back and wait for the CC version. Your going to learn quite a few things about the qc from SS......not good things

As above, I was very close to buying this. Kept talking myself in and out a few times, but every time I saw one in the flesh I had to say no. Both had major leaning issues and a few other things that put me off. I own the first version and am still happy with it. I will be however keeping a close eye on the Chronicle version.
Good luck with you're claim, hope it works out for you.

Mine came in a couple of months ago and thankfully is was fine. No issues at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd send that back and wait for the CC version. Your going to learn quite a few things about the qc from SS......not good things

"CC version" ? Sorry, I don't quite follow... Different brand other than Sideshow? If so, do you have a url? Or is CC short for Close Combat ?

I hope the 1:2 Scale version arrives flawless...

Since I had bought the 1:1 scale busts of the T-800, T-700, T-600, all were flawless (I carefully inspected each one as they arrived), I didn't have any doubts about a 1:1 lifesize statue. I initially ordered this guy last fall, long before I signed up here or knew about this forum. By the time I did disover this forum, the flex payments were almost done.

On that note I did start looking through the thread linked above (Thankyou chris rankin), starting from the first page, yeah I got to like page 35 or something to where I seen someone have more QC issues with a Version 2 and even worse replacement parts. Ouch... As I had just wrote in the paragraph above, wish I had known about this forum sooner, including that thread...

Glad to hear yours arrived perfectly fine dan.scott :)

Guess we'll see what happens.

Chronical Collectibles.

They have the Terminator Genysis license and are producing some great products.
There will be a 1:1 Endoskeleton.

That's a shame having issue like that considering what a large investment that was . Scares me as I'm in Canada so it would be a real pita .
Looks pretty cool though !

I haven't finished my battle damaged full scale T800 yet but what I do have gives me the creeps a bit when I walk out of the bathroom back to my bedroom at night , as all you can see is some big man standing in the dark in the living room lol. Luckily the one glowing red eye gives him away .
Caught a few people off guard during the day though, but I'm used to it

Thanks Collectorcol , I'll be keeping an eye on that site. Looking at the 1:1 bust right now, comparing it to the SS Combat Veteran bust pics (Mine's still in the box yet until I can get some shelving or table to place them on).

I will have to see what their 1:1 is going to be priced at and of what quality and features. For those sugesting me to send it back for a full refund (I do appreciate the help) I still want to hold onto what I have right now before making any quick choices. From experiance, I learned the hard way more than once years ago. I had a couple items or two, both which broke or had damage on it. Sure, I was able to get a refund, but was totally out of luck getting or seeking a replacement.

That would be amusing TheCableGuy! You have any posted pics of yours ? In my own case, my grandmother used to have those antique plastic girl dolls, with the moving limbs etc, some in original boxes, some loose and propped against a wall in all the bedrooms. Don't know if the character doll Chucky from the horror movie series Child's Play that did it for me, but those darned dolls always gave me the creeps. Yet with this big guy in my house, in the corner of an intentionally dark room, even with little to no lighting, he doesn't freak me out at all.

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me here or put my mind at rest. A few years ago I bought the Sideshow T800 life size endo V2.0. I cleaned up the battle damage but lately I have noticed that the statue seems to lean to the left when looking at it. I'm not sure if its always been that way and that's the design and pose of this statue but was worrying me so I removed the arms and head to reduce some weight. From the hipe there is a slight lean to the left? is this normal? if so Ill put everything back together but if not can I fix somehow? was thinking of putting a small spacer under his right foot to help level the hip joint? It does lean slightly slightly forward but from the pics of others I have seen this looks normal, but the left lean I wasn't sure?
Thanks so much
30my8fa.jpg

rwq5c9.jpg

faa0dh.jpg

I ordered this last year and it arrived w so many things wrong with it I immediately sent it back. SS sent me another, it too had many things wrong with it, I sent it back. SS was great about paying for both returns but told me they had run out of statues to send me. I was close to buying the CC version that is currently on ebay but will wait to see what CC newer version will look like. On the previous post, I had posted several pictures of the QC issues.

Safire, the second one SS sent me had a leaning issue. The legs were leaning to the left and the body was straight up. Kinda of hard to explain without a pic but I think another member posted a pic w the same problem. I dont think it is supposed to lean that much to the left.

Back