Marvel/ABC Studios Presents: Ms. Marvel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
It broke that "12 Years a Slave" scribe John Ridley was working on a show for Marvel based in the MCU that would air on ABC and connect to the films.

Marvel Hires John Ridley for MCU Superhero Series on ABC

It appears that it is rumored heavily that it is the Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel character:

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 5.31.46 PM.jpg

She has been popular since her creation

52e6c3c8df654.jpg

and is taking a leading role after Secret Wars:

1180849386987282024.jpg

So it is definitely plausible.

Here is a reddit link where they claim to know that this is the case:
Title of John Ridley Marvel Show Revealed : marvelstudios

It's Captain Marvel. In the Comics, Kamala Khan is an Inhuman (I believe...) and idolizes Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) so she takes up her old Ms. Marvel name as a homage. The problem is this if true puts the cart before the horse but it'd be an interesting way to go. Some are claiming that they might introduce the actress playing Carol Danvers here before putting her in her own movie since there is a origin before her Captain Marvel persona too. All with a grain of salt of course.

I haven't like the Ms. Marvel comic so far. It's not necessarily bad but just not my thing. I don't like her power and her first villain was some chicken-guy. I'd probably pass on a show unless they made some big changes.

I think it's great. Quite honestly we could do with some more racially diverse characters. I also like it as we could completely run over an origin story for Captain Marvel, and we could just jump right into it [in the film]. Plus after how Agent Carter went down, I don't mind it.

The racial diversity doesn't bug me--I don't care if the characters are white, black, athiest, Hindu, purple, or whatever as long as the story is good. It just seems like too much of a kid book to me, I guess. I'd probably love it if I was younger.

The racial diversity doesn't bug me--I don't care if the characters are white, black, athiest, Hindu, purple, or whatever as long as the story is good. It just seems like too much of a kid book to me, I guess. I'd probably love it if I was younger.
Oh, yeah that definitely doesn't bug me, I'd just rather they do it to satiate the *****ing of arrogant *******s that have issues with these kind of things.

I couldn't care less about their skin color, as long as it's pertained to the history and accuracy of their comic sources.
Darn! I wish Marvel would team with netflix more often

Amen! :yess::hi5:

Marvel need a superhero tv show on a free to air station. I'd love to see them do Nova, with the limited access they have to Spider-Man the current Nova character really fills a hole and is very spidey-esque

Back