John Wayne HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Tom, Michael or anyone who has the John Wayne PF figure, I need a picture of his right side, especially his shoulder area. On mine, the coat seems to be too far back and the shoulder of the coat is not on the shoulder of the figure. It "feels" like the right arm doesn't match up to the shoulder of the body correctly either. I have tried to pull the coat up onto the shoulder, but it just won't budge.

Also, help on the bandanna... is it supposed to be inside the shirt, outside the shirt, under the collar, over the collar, and is the collar supposed to be up or down???

I am really a tad disappointed in the one I got. After the great buildup from Tom's pictures and Michael's review, mine just "seems" off somehow; mostly due to the coat and bandana I guess...

Also, are the jeans black or blue? Mine seem more black than anything...

And, is the gun belt supposed to be so loose you can easliy fit three fingers inside it???

Last edited:
... yes .. yes.. I see a return label in your future .....

carson.jpg

occulum said:
... yes .. yes.. I see a return label in your future .....

carson.jpg

I really hope not! I want to like this one, but I just can't seem to get him to look as natural as the pictures I've seen. Fortunately, the bandanna unties, so I was able to put the shirt collar down and retie the bandanna outside the shirt, a little looser than it was before and it nows looks a little better, but the coat just won't "rearrange" properly! And that gun belt just wants to fall off the hips it is so loose!

The coat on my Dad's appears to be like the pics we've seen. Ya know witht he shoulder sloutched a little bit.

Take a pic real quick lonnie if you can. I'll compare with my Dad's.

Ok, here are some quick pictures (not the best lighting)...

JohnWayne1.jpg

JohnWayne2.jpg

JohnWayne3.jpg

As you can see in the first two pictures, the shoulder of the jacket is too far back and down from the shoulder of the figure and it makes the arm look like it is out of the socket or something.

The third picture is more from the front, and again, you can see how the arm looks too far to the back...

lcummins said:
Ok, here are some quick pictures (not the best lighting)...

JohnWayne1.jpg

JohnWayne2.jpg

JohnWayne3.jpg

As you can see in the first two pictures, the shoulder of the jacket is too far back and down from the shoulder of the figure and it makes the arm look like it is out of the socket or something.

The third picture is more from the front, and again, you can see how the arm looks too far to the back...
Sorry to see this lonnie. It certainly does look off.

Looking a little closer at it, I don't see how the arm could be wrong, but the jacket just won't come forward.

If you fold back the jacket, you can see the arm and shoulder very well. It looks as if it is attached correctly, but the molding of the shoulder puts it down a little bit. In this picture, I've outlined what the arm and shoulder would look like under the jacket, and you can see that the jacket looks low compared to the shoulder...

And, notice how the jacket collar only comes about to the level of his ear, instead of closer to the front as it should...

JohnWayne1a.jpg

lcummins said:
Looking a little closer at it, I don't see how the arm could be wrong, but the jacket just won't come forward.

If you fold back the jacket, you can see the arm and shoulder very well. It looks as if it is attached correctly, but the molding of the shoulder puts it down a little bit. In this picture, I've outlined what the arm and shoulder would look like under the jacket, and you can see that the jacket looks low compared to the shoulder...

JohnWayne1a.jpg
At least it seems that the jacket is the problem and not the way the statue is put together.

Bannister said:
At least it seems that the jacket is the problem and not the way the statue is put together.

Correct! If I could just get the jacket to come forward, I think it would look fine; I just haven't wanted to pull too hard...

Well, with a little work I finally got it forward a bit and it looks a little more natural, but I'm still not quite satisfied. If anyone can still post a picture of the right side of theirs, I would appreciate it. I need to decide soon if he has to go back or not.

Mine's boxed back up for now, but I might still have a photo that I took from that side and didn't use. I'll see.

The belt (I'm assuming you're talking about the gunbelt) should hang very low on his hips. He always wore it that way. Obviously it shouldn't be falling off though.

High high or low you tie the bandanna is going to be up to you. In reality, it would be much looser and lower on his chest, but I like it tighter around his neck on the figure, so that the neck isn't showing.

Lonnie--Didn't see this thread until now! Sorry!

Mine is also boxed up, but I had to adjust his jacket as well. It seems like the coat is being pushed up and back as he reaches for his gun, so part of it is due to the pose. The material is pretty thick and sticks out a bit away from where the arm actually is, if I remember correctly, but mine wasn't enough to distract me.

Thanks Michael and Tom. If you find that picture Michael, I would still be interested in seeing someone else's. As for the gun belt, it is really, really loose. I can get it to "hang" where I want it on his hips, but if I lift his jacket or barely touch it, it will almost certainly drop down around his knees! :rotfl

Lonnie,
Here is a few quick pics of my Mom's John Wayne.

I believe the jacket is suppossed to look like that due to the pose. The jacket should be a little loose. The belt should also be loose.

Hope this helps

P1000609.jpg

P1000608.jpg

P1000607.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Boney! After a lot of work, I finally got mine to look almost like yours. I still think the jacket should come up onto his shoulder more, but at least it looks more natural now. I will probably end up keeping this one and not returning it, unless any more pictures turn up that show the jacket fully on the shoulder. Anyway, thanks again!

Back