How many more statues are you going to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When are you going to stop?

• My pre-orders are my last ones.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Until I complete this last line.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Never.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Until I run out of my current space.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Until I run out of my current space but, then I'll probably just free up some more.

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Until I'm broke.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • This one is the last one.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I'm done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I say I'm done but I probably won't stop.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Until my wife/gf gives me an ultimatum.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
not going to stop. I'm just waaaaay more picky than before. For example, I would've gotten the Arkham Joker and Bats, but seeing the price makes me just wait for Ledger and Nicholson Joker's. I think movie characters have a bit more presence (for my collection at least) so just sticking with movie based PFs and still being selective when it comes to those. Will still get the occasional DCC statue since those are cheaper but yea, collecting has slowed way down for me

I'd like a Ghost Rider PF to go with DD & Punisher. I read a lot of those 3 growing up so it'd be nice to complete that. The new Spiderman looks promising. If I like it I may order it and that's it for Marvel for me. Give me a Robin to go with "modern" Batman, I'm done with DC. All else will be ME and hand picking items here and there, like ARH Tarzan & croc dio. I may slow down but I don't think I'll really quit collecting, once you learn to pace yourself chances of a burnout are much less and its still enjoyable.

I had an endgame all set with my Hot Toys collection...

...but then they started with the 1/4 scale stuff.

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

I'll stick with my favorite statues and won't stop until they stop making them.

PCS and F4F ftw.

I'll stop when my list is complete or I feel that the price is no longer worth it for the product, which ever comes first. The only problem is I still have 26 PF's and three life size busts on my list. :lol

I'll stop buying when/if my wife finds out the ridiculous amount of money I spend on these things:horror (though I may not live long after that point, anyway):(

Depends what comes out. Lack of space means I have to sell to buy.
Only have Machiko on order but the P2 Maquette will be bought if it turns out nice.
Only other Statue I'm interestrd in, atm, is an Endoskeleton whether It be SS or Chronicle.

I will buy one of the new 1/4-scale endoskeleton(Chronicle vs SS), and maaybe the 1/4 Arnold Genisys(Chronicle). I dont think that I will buy any statues after that. Perhaps a T1000 PF if they ever decide to make that one.

Just sold my awesome Sideeshow Hulk to free up space and help pay for cinemaquettes 1/3 scale Hulk

I'm already slowing down. Just mainly keeping an eye out for cool cult stuff now or the occasional work of art. I'm on a mission to get some MST3K stuff at years end.

With Hot Toys making 1/4 figures I might not be buying as many statues as I would have. As it stands...

I will buy 666 more statues.

I wish i could say ill be buying alot but after purchasing a house this month funds are now needed for furniture and if i get my way a new 75 inch plus 4ktv. One frustrating aspect of buying a house is the lack of stuff to fill it. If only my wife would let me put statues everywhere, 3k sq ft plus filled with statues and figures would be nirvana. I can't really complain, she "gave" me the basement. Man cave ftw!!!!

Last edited:
Trying to get as many of the Dinosauria statues as possible but I can really only afford one every 2 months. Which just means I have to be smart/lucky in what order I buy them in so none sell out before I can get a preorder in. So far I only have 3 secured.

Don't know. Would have thought that the end game was pretty far off, but the speed with which they are raising prices, I am already pretty content with what I have and what is on order. If I closed it out after those are filled, I could just hang around until something was irresistable. As it stands, looks like I will hit the brakes fairly hard. They are entering territory I am unwilling to follow routinely, even if I will still dip my toes.

Back