Anovos Stormtrooper helmet & armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagjaguwar

Super Freak
Reaction score
image.jpg

Anovos Stormtrooper Armor/Helmet

Seems like a pretty crazy price, $350 for completed helmet plus kit armor? $1200 for everything finished?

Anovos has a thread already, though I don't think any of the SW stuff has shipped to people yet. Note on the 350, it is going to require A LOT of work hence the heavy discount.

Not a bad looking armor. Need to see a finished one before spending any money. On the other side Anovos has international distribution now! :rock

Is there a general Anovos thread where this is being discussed? I guess I missed it.

I'm wondering how much work this kit will be versus something like the RS Prop kit that costs 3 times as much. (I know the RS helmet comes as a kit too, while the Anovos is completed.) Not asking about provenance, or accuracy, or anything else. Seems like for a large number of people, armor that's pretty good at a third the cost of really good armor is tempting. All depends on how good this Anovos stuff turns out to be.

Went ahead and ordered one. Figured I could use it as a costume for those rare occasions I actually dress up or as a display piece. I think the initial offering price for both the completed and just the kit are really fair.

Is there a general Anovos thread where this is being discussed? I guess I missed it.

I'm wondering how much work this kit will be versus something like the RS Prop kit that costs 3 times as much. (I know the RS helmet comes as a kit too, while the Anovos is completed.) Not asking about provenance, or accuracy, or anything else. Seems like for a large number of people, armor that's pretty good at a third the cost of really good armor is tempting. All depends on how good this Anovos stuff turns out to be.

At a guess, at the very least just as much work, possibly a bit more. But TBH it's a fantastic price for it all the same.

wasn't efx supposed to do something like this too? or am I mixing things up.

Sort of, theirs is molded from a Hero directly instead of sculpted or wherver anovos is getting theirs. Also it's not meant to be worn while Anovos' is.

wasn't efx supposed to do something like this too? or am I mixing things up.

Sort of, theirs is molded from a Hero directly instead of sculpted or wherver anovos is getting theirs. Also it's not meant to be worn while Anovos' is.

Yeah the efx hero version looks really good but I'm going to guess it's probably considerably more expensive. Cost and being able to wear the armor helped me decide the anovos one is the way to go for me. I just hope the quality is excellent.

This is the first time I've ever really considered getting a kit like this. The 2 RS Propmasters lids I have were both presssembled, as I wasn't too confident in my ability to "get it right", with no real experience in the world of prop kit construction.

I keep looking at $350, though, and am beginning to think that this would make a good sort of "trial run" at the whole idea of putting something together myself. $350 isn't exactly "cheap" if we're talking basic dollar amounts, but for something like this it seems almost like an easy impulse buy compared to what I could spend. If I like doing the work and it turns out well, then I'll feel confident in attempting something pricier like an RS. And if it doesn't go well, and I have some sort of Franken-trooper or a collection of white plastic bits? Well, then I guess I'll have a story to tell and confirmation that some things are best left to the professionals :lol

This is the first time I've ever really considered getting a kit like this. The 2 RS Propmasters lids I have were both presssembled, as I wasn't too confident in my ability to "get it right", with no real experience in the world of prop kit construction.

I keep looking at $350, though, and am beginning to think that this would make a good sort of "trial run" at the whole idea of putting something together myself. $350 isn't exactly "cheap" if we're talking basic dollar amounts, but for something like this it seems almost like an easy impulse buy compared to what I could spend. If I like doing the work and it turns out well, then I'll feel confident in attempting something pricier like an RS. And if it doesn't go well, and I have some sort of Franken-trooper or a collection of white plastic bits? Well, then I guess I'll have a story to tell and confirmation that some things are best left to the professionals :lol

Haha, that's a good idea. I have no skills whatsoever in doing this kind of stuff but even I'm tempted to get one at $350 and try. I wonder if you could even get someone to do it for you and pay them to complete it seeing as how a finished one is $1200. Even paying a few hundred to someone saves you a ton...

I'm too short damn it. :mad: This would make for a fairly cheap life size on a mannequin though.

Have any of their SW replicas shipped? I see a large number of fine looking preorders at their website. But in-hand - ?

Have any of their SW replicas shipped? I see a large number of fine looking preorders at their website. But in-hand - ?

I don't think any have shipped yet. I bought the Bespin Luke and I believe that was the first SW offering. Hopefully that'll ship soon and the quality is up to par.

They are at SW Celebration this weekend. Hopefully we'll get some updates pictures and information. I've been hesitant to place an order so far. A friend of mine who is going is checking the quality out in person.

I hope some good photos of the TK helmet and armor get posted. I need to see what I am buying before I put the money into it.

Back