Lorne pictures!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly Flanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got my Lorne today! Totally surprised to be getting him before Sideshow got theirs out (got mine from Time & Space Toys). I love him all the way from his tippity top to his shiny silver boots!! Here's a couple of pictures:
362954551_0b3a824414_b.jpg

362954547_ace25b7246_b.jpg

He looks half decent but I am more-so interested in the Giles SS 12" figure and how he turns out.

Also, I prefer the facial sculpt on my Clayborn Moore bust. The hair sculpt on that piece is plain nuts! Better than anything I even seen Sideshow put out (as hair sculpt is concerned, not the overall piece) because nobody beats SideShow Toy! :D

Thanks for the pics! You take some nice shots!

He looks really neat.

Is it just me, or have the eyes on some of the figures been losing some detail?

Congrats FF on being the first on the board to score a Lorne... and thanks for sharing the pictures. :D

He looks GREAT!!! And, it's not easy being green. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Oh he looks great,im def excited for him now,but it will probablly be March when I get him as my Cordy has only just come.
Only Giles left then,Im very excited for Giles!.

Thanks FF!!

Lorne looks great, and I would have never guessed his boots were silver! I can't wait until next week when I get this guy home.

After that, it'll just be Giles...:monkey2

Time to announce another mini-wave, with Wesley, Fred, and Gunn Sideshow!

Is it just me, or is Sideshow really dropping the ball when it comes to delivering what they promise with the painting of these figures?

I mean where has all the paint detail gone? Lorne has mottling all along the sides of his face, and on the tops of his hands, there is none on this final item, despite the facial markings being shown on the prototype.

He's a lovely looking figure alright, don't get me wrong, but I wish Sideshow would just not include these details on their preview pictures if they have no intention of giving the final version any.

Seems a tad misleading really,to say the least.

Seaward said:
Thanks FF!!

Lorne looks great, and I would have never guessed his boots were silver! I can't wait until next week when I get this guy home.

After that, it'll just be Giles...:monkey2

Time to announce another mini-wave, with Wesley, Fred, and Gunn Sideshow!

Couldn't agree more Seaward!!!:D

Thank you so much for the pictures! I was so waiting for this! I pre-ordered him yesterday from Red Panet Toys, I hope I can have him sooner than City of Angel or Cordy.

From what i can see in those pictures, I pretty much agree, the paint detail is gone, and that's kind of upseting. The eyes are so simple it hurts. I loved the closeup that SSC did of the prototype. It looked stunning, and this Lorne, even though it's great, lacks the detail and proof of a long and hard artistic process (kind of like D'Hoffryn). Anyway... i can't wait!

Bring on Wesley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and could you please take pics of the box??

And one more thing, are the shoes really silver? i don't think so, it looks like it's some kind of effect produced by the flash. Am I wrong??

sueworld said:
Is it just me, or is Sideshow really dropping the ball when it comes to delivering what they promise with the painting of these figures?

I mean where has all the paint detail gone? Lorne has mottling all along the sides of his face, and on the tops of his hands, there is none on this final item, despite the facial markings being shown on the prototype.

He's a lovely looking figure alright, don't get me wrong, but I wish Sideshow would just not include these details on their preview pictures if they have no intention of giving the final version any.

I think that in this case it has ro do with the photos being taken with a flash.

In hand, I'm sure its fine.

You can sort of see it in the hands...

sueworld said:

I took a good look at mine again and there is a slight mottling but not as detailed as the prototype. But, still I think he looks near perfect. Obviously with these being hand painted there will always be some variation, depending how good the painter is or how detailed they decide to be. I'm sure they are given a picture of what it is supposed to look like. As for the eyes, the only difference seems to be that there is a slight shadow painted on the bags of his eyes that aren't on my final product. My 'City of' Angel's eye paint job was really bad where the eyes seemed to disappear in the face because they were way too light. I'm extremely happy and pleased with how Lorne has turned out. I actually think he looks better than the prototype. His face seems a little thinner and the expression a little happier. It makes him look even more like Lorne than the original photos showed.
And yes his boots are silver!!

sueworld said:

I knew all of that subtle shading wouldn't make it to the production version, it never does. I think the happier expression is more than a fair trade off though, the prototype looked too serious for Lorne.

Lorne looks great!!

I admit that I'm a bit disapointed that the paint detail isn't as good as the prototype but overall he looks awesome.

I admit I don't buy much Buffy/Angel stuff nowadays but I can't pass on Lorne. He's my favorite character from Angel so I've been looking forward for him for a while.

The eyes are definately not as nice as the proto, but hoping it is all flash.

What is the edition size on this thing?

Looks good to me. Thanks for the pics!:cool: I do wish they would release the ES so I know if I should pick up a second.

Back