I'm experiencing an AoU Hot Toys overdose. Anyone else feel this way today?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toycrypt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ultrons, Thor, Iron Legion, War Machine, ect.......My head is spinning. I'm headed towards withdrawal tomorrow. Holy hell too much info for my brain to process. Anyone else feel like I do today?:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

For me. I see a company who knows this is a great opportunity to make money. Currently it is really about profitability for me. My wallet wishes they did less to be honest. I rather less releases, more quality even if each figure costed a little bit more. I just don't like to see a flood of stuff. Doesn't do a one good.

I'm hoping for all these figures to at least have staggered release dates! So far I'm okay with what I have ordered, but I really am trying to keep from having to pay for more than one figure per month. :lol

I agree with swiftwilly in that there is opportunity for Hot Toys to make money. Interest in the hobby and the upcoming film is high at the moment and people are willing to fork out high sums of money for a good product. They are still churning out stuff from Iron Man 3 and people are still buying.

I would like them to slow down as my wallet is taking a serious hammering - and now there's quarter scale stuff to worry about too! All this choice is great, but they will get to a point where they saturate the market and people will start to lose interest. Look at the comic scene of the 90s - huge resurgence in interest followed by Marvel churning out a never ending list of X-Men and Spider-man related titles that were unsustainable long term.

I agree with swiftwilly in that there is opportunity for Hot Toys to make money. Interest in the hobby and the upcoming film is high at the moment and people are willing to fork out high sums of money for a good product. They are still churning out stuff from Iron Man 3 and people are still buying.

I would like them to slow down as my wallet is taking a serious hammering - and now there's quarter scale stuff to worry about too! All this choice is great, but they will get to a point where they saturate the market and people will start to lose interest. Look at the comic scene of the 90s - huge resurgence in interest followed by Marvel churning out a never ending list of X-Men and Spider-man related titles that were unsustainable long term.

Not sure this is the same as the comics. It wasn't just the number of titles. It was the way they where handled. A dozen covers for each issue. Delayed shipping. In house publication. And the biggest issue...competition. DC did things the exact opposite. And the fact that people started to buy and sell just for profit. Not a few, but nearly as many as bought for the love/want of the product.

There are ten times the number of titles now. More publication companies.

Right now demand is there. They know they will not get the same interest for ever so they are using what they can. Comic themed movies and merch is doing better now then it has in a long time. It's no longer sub culture but in fact a driving force in pop culture. Comics have subplanted and maybe surpassed what novels used to be to film and TV. I would compare what has happened with comics, and geek/nerd stuff in gen, to what has happened in sports. In the 70-80s (and before) baseball and boxing ruled the markets. Now it's soccer (world wide) and NFL football stateside. In the 80-90s it was books/novels/short story that ruled pop cult and film. Now it's comics/anime/toys.

I think society has shifted enough that comic inspired merch is not really in any danger like it was 20-30 years ago. That can change. Probably will change. But as long as the films do well the merch will too.

Ultrons, Thor, Iron Legion, War Machine, ect.......My head is spinning. I'm headed towards withdrawal tomorrow. Holy hell too much info for my brain to process. Anyone else feel like I do today?:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

If you think today was bad you will not like the next few years :lol

Yea. Lol very true. Once DC gets their multiverse/movie verse kicked off...plus there terminator and Jurassic park...new Xmen deal with marvel (rumor) the new spidey....The upcoming marvel expansion. Oh, and Star Wars. Lol

On a side note I heard the new terminator movie is actually pretty good. A friend that loves the originals got to see it and went in think it would be a train wreck and came out in love. So, maybe another new trilogy/universe.

The only thing in feeling is annoyed at what Budget Start has done to the Marvel board
Seriously WTF

Yeah..I appreciate his work, but I'm of the opinion that he would have gotten the same number of, if not more, views had he embedded those videos in the individual figures' thread instead of starting a new one for each new video, which seems slightly unneccesary to me...

Yeah..I appreciate his work, but I'm of the opinion that he would have gotten the same number of, if not more, views had he embedded those videos in the individual figures' thread instead of starting a new one for each new video, which seems slightly unneccesary to me...

I agree.... its not that I don't appreciate the work, but come on, thats highly excessive thread making and it makes it very difficult to navigate the board

Love me some Cap and Iron Man, but I'm getting fed up of entering this board and seeing the initials 'AoU' at the start of every thread :slap

My prediction is there's going to be a certain amount of 'hot' figures from this line (and my picks would be Iron Man Mk VII Stealth, Vision, Iron Man Mk XLV, one of the Ultrons and Quicksilver) and the rest will be like the majority of Iron Man 3 figures - readily available for retail or lower for quite a while after the movie's been and gone.

For me. I see a company who knows this is a great opportunity to make money. Currently it is really about profitability for me. My wallet wishes they did less to be honest. I rather less releases, more quality even if each figure costed a little bit more. I just don't like to see a flood of stuff. Doesn't do a one good.

:exactly: Hot Toys are understandably milking the AoU cash cash for all it's worth at the moment. Suppose you can have too much of a good thing - but for most of us it is such a stretch on funds and space - if one doesn't get you the other will!

How people can keep up with this line I honestly have no idea!! :huh

Thankfully I am not a completionist and don't feel compelled to buy them all regardless of hype etc, I am limiting myself to Hawkeye, Vision and the Twins. and I won't be rebuying any characters.

As much as I love the Marvel line I'd love to see figures from other franchises get some attention (like BTTF!!!).

The only thing in feeling is annoyed at what Budget Start has done to the Marvel board
Seriously WTF

Whoa, wait when I call him out about making these threads just for youtube views I get The Keyboard Warrior jumping down my throat for it. Yet, you don't. :slap Something needs to be done.

You're not alone. I do think Hot Toys and Marvel have over done it big time. The past three months have been crazy.

Back in 2012, I remember bring genuinely excited as each Avengers character was released. Remember the anticipation for the Hulk? All those backstage teasers as he was being developed? It was a nice, slow burn. With Age of Ultron, it's the exact opposite. It's like they're in a marathon or something. The problem lies with Iron Man I think. This seems like the Tony Stark and Ultron show. After enduring release after release of Iron Man 3, more Iron Man and variations of his robot creations is a bit exhausting.

When I see this,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And actual Age of Ultron Exhibition Convention shows, solely for the movie where Hot Toys and Co. have spent their time creating 1:1 display creations,

image.jpg
image.jpg

And their Facebook,

image.jpg

Yeah, it's a bit exhausting. You guys that plan on being completists have my condolences. I hope you're not burned out by 2016 when Civil War with Iron Man and Captain America hits.

^^^^^^^
I see my name a lot there :rotfl :woo

Whoa, wait when I call him out about making these threads just for youtube views I get The Keyboard Warrior jumping down my throat for it. Yet, you don't. :slap Something needs to be done.

Yeah but I'm too loveable :D :pfft:
Honestly I don't mind the vids..... just the mountain of threads :lol

There is a lot of hype and anticipation for this particular movie. And I don't see them doing anything like this again until Infinity Wars. If you think this is crazy now.....

I agree.... its not that I don't appreciate the work, but come on, thats highly excessive thread making and it makes it very difficult to navigate the board
Screen_Shot_2012_10_29_at_10_30_22_PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 10.30.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 10.30.22 PM.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 267
All the AoU figures HT is producing is actually making it easier for me to not order some of them. I'm not going to spend $6000 on figures for one movie.

I'm already getting burnt out on the film and it hasn't even come out yet. I'll still see it and I'm sure I'll love it but right now I'm actually tired of AoU merchandise. And I fully agree about Budget Stark's videos. A new video and thread for the video for each figure is excessive. Throw the video in the figure's thread and be done with it.

I think it's too much for just one movie!

22 cosbabys and artist mix so far
4 busts
9 figures already announced
9 figures will be announced soon ( Thor,Iron Legion,Ultron Sentry,Ultron Mark 1,War Machine,Vision,Quicksilver,Scarlett and IM Mark 45)

44 items it's insane!

Back