New DID Samurai Takeda Shingen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
DID posted a preview of their next Samurai, Takeda Shingen:
https://jp.onlinedid.com/products/samurai/70002/
70002-1.jpg

70002-7.jpg

70002-9.jpg

70002-8.jpg

70002-10.jpg

You can see much more through the link at the top.
Read more about him here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeda_Shingen

Looks more elaborate than Date Masamune.
I hope they release an International version.

Edit:
Sorry I accidentally posted a link to the first image instead of the product page. It should work now.

Last edited:
That looks pretty sweet, but I'll probably stop at Masamune... I love the figures, but $150 a pop is a bit much to keep coming back for more.

Looks pretty nice!!

I wouldn't really have a place to put him, but the quality seems to be pretty impressive. I can see where the money is going.

tomandshell said:
Looks pretty nice!!

I wouldn't really have a place to put him, but the quality seems to be pretty impressive. I can see where the money is going.
I don't know if you own the first one, but these are well worth the money. I'm still in awe of the amount of detail in my Date Masamune. Had Michael Crawford picked one up, he would've easily made it the best 1:6 scale figure of the year. Personally I own around a hundred or so 1:6 figures and it's the best figure ever made, it's that remarkable.

Eli26 said:
Lets see picture of this figure. See what's so great about it, which I am sure it is.
There's a whole thread of pictures that would be far better then anything I could post Here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11553
But having it in hand really solidifies the quality. I thought it looked great until I got it in the mail, It's Un-freaking-believable.
Everything is metal, all the cording on the armor is 100% authentic fabric through holes in the metal plaiting, the thigh covers are metal plates stitch to fabric, and there is a very authentic scale pattern used on both the ribbing of the thigh armor and the wrappings on the shins. Thers also a real metal Katana sword, Wakizashi and Scabbards too.
Here's some excelent pics by Samuraiwarrior to show just how well done the armor is on these figures:
dsc00057resizeif3.jpg

dsc00062resizeyf2.jpg

Whats funny is Sideshow is leary about making armored characters, but not only are these figures armored, butso much of it is metal and fabric. And expertly constructed. I really have no idea how DiD was able to pull this off, but they really did deserve some kind of recognition for it!

Is the mustache actual hair? Also are his weapons actual die-cast metal? Also, is his chair that he sits on wood? *pant pant*

Must have this figure!

galactiboy said:
I really have no idea how DiD was able to pull this off, but they really did deserve some kind of recognition for it!

Very much so. The amount of work that must have gone into it, delivered at this price. Incredible. Kind of puts in perspective how overpriced other 12" figures are. With every single part they produce, DiD has shown a massive eye for detail and expert craftsmanship for the pricing of a regular figure. Company of the year in my book.

The link says its limited to 500 only (!) for release at the end of February, but not sure if that's worldwide or not.

Kyuzo said:
The link says its limited to 500 only (!) for release at the end of February, but not sure if that's worldwide or not.

I think the Japan only release of Masamune was 300 pcs, so my guess is this would be for the same release. I imagine to recoup costs they almost have to release a cheaper (w/less stuff) international version.

Unless you have a connection in Asia you're probably out of luck. The first Japan only release sold out very quickly and of course was not available to overseas buyers. If they release an international version than you can get them through a number of dealers... my Masamune came from one sixth depot.

There goes any chance of me getting this figure. This would be the first figure (outside a PF, statue, or Transformer) that I would be willing to pay more than 100 US for, perhaps even 200 US. But 600 US?! No thank you! As nice as it is I can get 2 nice Premium Format pieces with that kind of dough.

Hmmm I've heard bad things about Art of Toy/Heroes Club... and anytime I see them selling stuff on eBay its usually waaay more than other sellers. The Masamune (300pcs) was selling for around $350 after it was sold out... so my guess is that is about where this one will end up.

galactiboy said:
Hmmm I've heard bad things about Art of Toy/Heroes Club... and anytime I see them selling stuff on eBay its usually waaay more than other sellers. The Masamune (300pcs) was selling for around $350 after it was sold out... so my guess is that is about where this one will end up.
Yes, they are highway robbery, avoid them if you can.

Back