Japanese HT Predator!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2519&source=011807news
011807japanpred_01.jpg
011807japanpred_02.jpg
011807japanpred_03.jpg

So looks like SS will be offering both versions of the ancient pred. The SS exclusive will ship next month. The Japan exclusive will prolly ship sometime this summer.

And so we have another variant... my wallet just made a little cry. lol

Looks pretty cool though. That will be my third Ancient Elder Predator. I will be getting the Ancient Elder from SS and Toys 2.

cool, just saw it was the elder in the newsletter...flippin' sweet (but not for my wallet).

twistedfreak said:
And so we have another variant... my wallet just made a little cry. lol

Looks pretty cool though. That will be my third Ancient Elder Predator. I will be getting the Ancient Elder from SS and Toys 2.

Looks the same as the Asia exclusive ancient pred that is also available at Toy2. There are only 2 versions.

dekadentdave said:
Looks the same as the Asia exclusive ancient pred that is also available at Toy2. There are only 2 versions.

Yeah, Dave is right. There are only 2, the one Sideshow currently has up for pre-order and this one.

Here are the other Ancient Predators...

The SS one.
Predzo1.jpg

And the one Toys 2 will be selling:
Predzo2.jpg

The masks DO look different to me. The Toys 2 one has similar designs to that of the Elder Predator masks design.

twistedfreak said:
Here are the other Ancient Predators...

The SS one.
Predzo1.jpg

And the one Toys 2 will be selling:
Predzo2.jpg

The masks DO look different to me. The Toys 2 one has similar designs to that of the Elder Predator masks design.

So there ARE 3?

Sideshow Newsletter said:
This edition features a slightly different helmet than the Sideshow Exclusive version, and it was previously only available in the Japanese market

So its the exact same figure with 3 different helmets? Hmmm. If thats the case all I need is one.

There's the sideshow exclusive and the asia exclusive, that's it.

I like the sideshow helmet better.

Whoa, now I'm confused. The ridges and pattern on the helmet look similar to SS's exclusive but the mask design looks like the Asia exclusive at Toy2. I can't believe they would do 3 variants of this fig. Maybe SS humped the bunk again and posted the wrong pics of the helmet like they did with the "Aliens" exclusive warrior? The plot thickens...

There is only 2. SSC's own exclusive PLUS the Asain Exclusive (which is at Toys 2) which SSC will also sell a limited amount of. :monkey4

That's what I thought until a closer look at the preview images shows the pattern design on the helmet is clearly not the same as the one at Toy2. So, either the wrong image was posted or we have a 3rd variation here.

I DO love the Toys2 version much better.... Will wait and see what happens with this mystery version... the helmet just looks different than the others.

Either way I will get one... don't know which... but one of them! :rock

Interesting. The helmet actually looks identical to the helmet on the first Sideshow exclusive Ancient Pred. Which means there is either a mistake, and Sideshow put up a picture of their previous exclusive, or that there are three different Ancient Elder Predator releases. I'm thinking it's the later, that there is some mistake on SS' part with this preview.
I have the first one on order and hope to keep it. This second one will depend on if it is indeed the Asian exclusive on Toy Square.com.

Back