GG SW ES Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Star Wars
- Zuckuss mini bust - 5000 pieces
- Obi-Wan Kenobi A New Hope mini bust - 5500 pieces
- Princess Leia as Jabba's Slave Statue - 5500 pieces
- Animated Stormtrooper Maquette - 4000 pieces
- Clone Wars Roron Corrob Maquette - 2500 pieces

Pretty large edition siszes, but I guess that's GG's thing. I ordered the busts and the CW maquette, but really, is there that big a demand for the Zuckuss bust for a 5,000 edition size? I doubt it.

They're coming back down though. From the 10k+ range anyways. :lol

The only one I had on order was the Stormie and I canncled that yesterday along with several other items to narrow down my focus yet again. :lol

jlcmsu said:
They're coming back down though. From the 10k+ range anyways. :lol

The only one I had on order was the Stormie and I canncled that yesterday along with several other items to narrow down my focus yet again. :lol

We all go through that focus narrowing. I am down to 5 lines.

SS SW PF
SS SW 12"
GG 1/6 statues
GG busts
GG CW maquettes

I am not a "completest" on any of these lines except the CW maquettes. I get all of the OT busts and just the Jedi/Sith/Clones in the PT. I get only the OT statues. Only Jedi/Sith in the SS 12" from the PT and all of the OT so far except the Endor Troops. All of the OT PF's so far, but not the General.

tomandshell said:
5500 for Kenobi and 5000 for Zuckuss.

Are they making too many of Zuckuss or not enough of Old Ben?

I'd say too many of both. Even 5,000 for Ben. They will be all over eBay for less than retail. When they have the 2,500 edition size is when they seem to be more valueable. I don't collect for value at all, but I also don't like to pay for something and then see it a year later for 1/2 price. Oh well, I still want it when it comes out.

KitFisto said:
We all go through that focus narrowing. I am down to 5 lines.

SS SW PF
SS SW 12"
GG 1/6 statues
GG busts
GG CW maquettes

I am not a "completest" on any of these lines except the CW maquettes. I get all of the OT busts and just the Jedi/Sith/Clones in the PT. I get only the OT statues. Only Jedi/Sith in the SS 12" from the PT and all of the OT so far except the Endor Troops. All of the OT PF's so far, but not the General.

I'm a completest on the SW 12" and LOTR 12" figures. Will get all 9 members in PF from LOTR plus possibly a few others. SW PF will have a few Maul and some others but a lot will depend on finances when they ship. Then a select few GG items from SW and LOTR.

I think 5500 for Old Ben is too many as well. They should keep them around the 3500 mark.

2500 is a nice ES for Roron Corrob.

I'm glad the es is small but at the same time I'm worried the low ES is due to a lack of preorders. I hope there is still some life left in the Clone Wars line. I know it's ending soon but there is still a bunch of maquettes I'd like to get.

nash said:
I think 5500 for Old Ben is too many as well. They should keep them around the 3500 mark.

I couldn't disagree more - no offense to Nash though. 5500 is almost perfect (although I would have gone with 500 more for a nice total of 6000). Sorry, but I am from the old school who think there should be enough busts of the main characters for everyone who wants one. 5000 for Zuckuss might be a bit much. But Ben is at the center of the saga. 90% of all Star Wars collectors will want him. So, what does an edition size of 3500 accomplish? It makes money for flippers and makes life harder for collectors. That's it. I will agree they got out of hand last year (10,000 Vaders was about 2 to 3 thousand too much), but 3,500 Bens would be a nightmare.

DouglasMcc said:
I couldn't disagree more - no offense to Nash though. 5500 is almost perfect (although I would have gone with 500 more for a nice total of 6000). Sorry, but I am from the old school who think there should be enough busts of the main characters for everyone who wants one. 5000 for Zuckuss might be a bit much. But Ben is at the center of the saga. 90% of all Star Wars collectors will want him. So, what does an edition size of 3500 accomplish? It makes money for flippers and makes life harder for collectors. That's it. I will agree they got out of hand last year (10,000 Vaders was about 2 to 3 thousand too much), but 3,500 Bens would be a nightmare.

I would agree with you if we didn't see them all over ebay which means those who bought them were just trying to turn around and sell them.

5,500 for the world may not sound like a lot, but it ends up being a lot because So many end up on ebay for sale.

4,000 on the animated Stormie sounds about right. Alot of collectors are buying two to flank Vader.

Bonehead15 said:
2500 is a nice ES for Roron Corrob.

compared to what ?

Roron corrob is not a main character and not so nice looking one as well, I am not collecting the animated maquettes but I wouldn't buy him even if I do.

with regards to ES of busts, it is crazy. I can see zuckuss selling for 20 $ in ebay in near future.

I am so glad for selling my GG busts. Sell yours and you will feel the same, trust me.

Darth Loki said:
Even though he's running?

Yeah, it looks kind of weird, but some are doing it anyways. I think that's why a number voiced their disapproval on the sculpt. Many would have preferred a more static pose for that very purpose. Collectors. :rolleyes: :D

I actually ordered two of these for myself. I like the look of Vader standing there looking menacing while the stormtroopers run by on either side with guns blazing.

maquetteslv6.jpg

gambit said:
compared to what ?

Roron corrob is not a main character and not so nice looking one as well, I am not collecting the animated maquettes but I wouldn't buy him even if I do.
Compared to the ES of 3000 of Anakin and 3500 of Greivous which are still available.

As far as Roron is concerned, I think the piece is great. The character is unique but that doesn't make him any less important.

Back