Which Hot Toys Iron Man is the most 'Iron Man'?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plastic Bateman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting another HT Iron Man for the collection. Currently I have the Mk 42 and the Silver Centurion which are both wonderful for different reasons, but neither of them really have that classic 'red and gold' look about them.

What would you all consider to be the quintessential Hot Toys Iron Man figure, in terms of capturing not just the look of the films but the style and spirit of the classic comic suits too?

The Red & Gold one.

You're right, this looks exactly like the ones from the old comics I read as a kid :monkey1

PD1374053734hzG.jpg

Mk4 - don't listen to the hype.

The others are either too blocky & robot-esque (Mk3), or just convoluted beyond justification (everything else).

Mark 7 WITH the BD head(from the exclusive figure).

Yeah, I cheated a little.

Mk4 - don't listen to the hype.

The others are either too blocky & robot-esque (Mk3), or just convoluted beyond justification (everything else).

My favourites are Mk3 and Mk4 followed by Mk7...I have to admit the Mk45 is looking pretty good, a little more streamlined, less busy.

I actually had a Mk7 briefly and liked it, but the proportions drove me nuts inside of 2 or 3 weeks...too much "droid", not enough "guy-in-a-suit".

There's not really a definitive answer to me. It comes down to personal preference but for a classic red and gold armor I'd say Mark III, IV, VI, and VII.

Back