PDA

View Full Version : New Code of Conduct

Darklord Dave
03-24-2015, 12:48 PM
There is a new Code of Conduct that is going into effect immediately. It can be reached at any time from the link at the bottom of the page, but here are the contents.If you do not wish to abide by this code please let me know and I'll be happy to take immediate action.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/conduct.php

We promote the idea of lively debate. This means you are free to disagree with anyone on any type of subject matter as long as your criticism is constructive and polite. We don't want to inhibit humor, snark or enforce strict PC rules, but think about how your words will be taken by other members.

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you’d like others to respond before you post. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a "privilege," and not a "right." Sideshowcollectors.com reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this code.

Respect the Forum Staff
We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We are all volunteers. Feedback is welcome in Forum Questions area, this is also the place to request assistance with forum software issues. If a member feels an infraction or ban is unwarranted that member can appeal to the Administrator. However the Administrator is not likely to overturn a moderators decision.

Respect the Product Creators
We encourage professionals from the collectibles industry to interact with members and provide information and solicit feedback from their fans. When posting remember that someone worked very hard to bring that collectible to life and be respectful of that hard work. Criticism should always be constructive and generalizations such as calling items "crap" or similar terms will be deleted. Persisting in this behavior will result in infractions and/or banning.

Trolling, Attacks and Flaming
Our first priority is to the members that have come here because of the flame-free atmosphere we provide. There is a zero-tolerance policy here against personal attacks. We will not tolerate anyone insulting other's opinion nor name calling. This includes the companies and individuals that create the collectibles and/or toys being discussed.
· Trolling is posting in a way solely designed to provoke a negative response.
· Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to any collectible or the companies that produce them.
· Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.
· If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.
· If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice.

Spam (unsolicited advertising)
Spam will be reported to spam blacklists and the account posting it will be banned. You are allowed to have links to personal sites in your signature and in your profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of the site linked does not include material that violates this code of conduct and if you are not posting any other form of advertising.

Profanity
We have users of all age groups and of all tolerance levels where profanity is concerned. A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.

Politics, Religion, Sexual Orientation
Discrimination of any kind is not allowed on this forum. Our call is to be supportive, not divisive. Because of this, discrimination, racial vilification and offensive generalizations targeting people of other races, religions, sexual orientation and/or nationalities will not be tolerated.

Thread Drifting/Steering
Please keep discussions on topic.

Report Posts
If you have found a post or receive a private message that you feel is inappropriate or that violates the forum code of conduct, please use the report function to notify staff. Do not attempt to moderate discussions or correct other users yourself.

Libel
Do not post libelous information about a person, company, dealer or entity. Any post which is in violation of any law or is invasive of a person's privacy will be taken down immediately Posting of personal information (i.e., phone numbers, addresses, employment) within topics is not allowed, even if the subject is a known re-caster, thief, or pain in the butt.

Adult Content
Messages containing violent, sexually oriented, or illegal content or links to sites with this content will be recorded as evidence. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be saved. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.

Copyright
Do not post material that infringes on the Intellectual Property Rights of any other individual or corporate entity unless you own or control the rights thereto or have expressly received all necessary consents. Please see the Intellectual Property Policy for details. Do not download any file posted by another User of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. Do not falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity

Viruses
Do not post files or content that contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.

Advertising
Do not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose outside of our designated sales areas.

Contests
Do not post surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.

Interference with other Members
Do not restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying any public area of the Services.

Promotions
Do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, email address, business, activity, personal blogs, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion). You may not make any self-promotional post announcing websites to gain exposure, including non-profit sites.

Solicitation
You may not invite, solicit or coerce others to join other community websites through posts, email, PM, use of Sideshowcollectors.com membership list or any other resource within the Sideshowcollectors.com. We allow linking to other information websites, as long as it is for informational purposes and not for self-promotion advertisement. Staff members may remove or edit links at its discretion.

Post Spamming
Please do not spam forums with multiple posts in multiple forums. Moderators may move to most appropriate area. You can use the "search" feature to find topics of interest.

Language
While Sideshowcollectors.com hosts visitors from around the world, it is based in the United States and much of our membership is English speaking. Due to our inability to moderate threads in other languages, we ask that interactions be in English for the enjoyment of as many posters as possible.

Grammar
Please do not type entirely in capitals as it is considered shouting on the Internet. “Text speak” (also known as chatspeak, txtspk, texting language or txt talk) is discouraged. Along with using proper English spelling and punctuation, this shows respect for the owner and other board members, and makes it easier to read your message.

Thread closings
Problematic posts/threads may be deleted or closed. Threads are closed to cool down passionate postings that have strayed off the original topic; we will attempt to post warning notice before taking this action if observed early.

Infractions
Members that violate this code will be issued infractions by the moderators. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category. In addition to the list below moderators can assign custom infractions and points at their discretion. Infractions and their points are:

INFRACTION POINTS EXPIRES IN
Signature Rule Violation 1 14 Days
Inappropriate Language 1 14 Days
Bypass language filter 1 14 Days
posting questionable material/images 1 3 Months
attempting to bypass sales rules 1 3 Months
General unpleasantness and/or trolling 1 Never
Insulted Member(s) or Collectible Creator 2 Never
Spammed Advertisements 15 Never

Points level before being Banned
5 points total 2 week ban
10 points total 1 month ban
15 points total permanent ban

How to Handle Personal Attacks or Objectionable Material
Presently, we have 20+ volunteer moderators and admin staff who monitor this board periodically throughout the day. They are here to help -- please feel free to contact them with any problems you may have. On the other hand, they have been instructed to enforce our zero-tolerance policy. Our biggest concern here is the quality of membership not the quantity. We have no problem removing any individual who disrupts this bulletin board.
If you are ever in a position where you feel you have been personally attacked, do not respond to that attack. Please report the post by clicking on the report button found within the message. Let the staff deal with the problem, if you respond to that attack, you may find yourself removed as well, and we don't want to see that happen.

**16k**
03-24-2015, 01:15 PM
I am speechless...

That doesn't allow much room for discussion I guess.

The world is beautiful,

There are pots of gold near rainbows

Every company produce marvelous and cheap products,

All the movies I see are awesome...

I guess that The forum has become like a big hospital room... Sterile and devoid of life

EDIT: just to clarify, I understand the reason for it, my sadness comes from the fact that because of a bunch of.... People (let's choose and weigh every word so as to avoid infringing the rules:) ), we have to come to this...

Sad, sad day indeed...:(

j97e1
03-24-2015, 01:16 PM
Question - Is it ok to post a board handle or ebay ID of a scammer, bad seller, buyer, etc? Not their personal data like mentioned above.

Darklord Dave
03-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Question - Is it ok to post a board handle or ebay ID of a scammer, bad seller, buyer, etc? Not their personal data like mentioned above.

Correct - nothing has changed there.

Darklord Dave
03-24-2015, 01:37 PM
I am speechless...

That doesn't allow much room for discussion I guess.

The world is beautiful,

There are pots of gold near rainbows

Every company produce marvelous and cheap products,

All the movies I see are awesome...

I guess that The forum has become like a big hospital room... Sterile and devoid of life

EDIT: just to clarify, I understand the reason for it, my sadness comes from the fact that because of a bunch of.... People (let's choose and weigh every word so as to avoid infringing the rules:) ), we have to come to this...

Sad, sad day indeed...:(

What are you lamenting? That you can't be an ******* anymore?

pixletwin
03-24-2015, 01:57 PM
What has actually changed. I thought these were all rules for years now.

Darklord Dave
03-24-2015, 02:01 PM

Pretty much. A few tweaks here and there. But we're going to use them to try and alleviate the toxic environment that permeates some corners of the forum.

Xenomorphkid
03-24-2015, 02:03 PM

The Mike
03-24-2015, 02:26 PM

That's the sad part, it has been the rules, I've had my hand slapped a few times for moving away from them but I was okay with it because it kept things safe and civil. Hopefully it'll move the board more positively and get some of our departed brothers and sisters back on the boards and contributing.

j97e1
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM
I find your signature offensive.

Nah, just messing with you. :)

youbastards
03-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Dave, can you please elaborate on the copyright section, how does that affect the customs and interest sections of the forum? From the description, it seems the current way the interests threads operates is a direct contradiction to the forum's published copyright rules.

RavenEye
03-24-2015, 03:01 PM
^ What he said...

CriterionCollector
03-24-2015, 03:02 PM
What?!?!?! You mean I can't call Spindrift a mother&$&[email protected][email protected] a$&@&$&@&$$ @$&@$*@Y with a [email protected]*[email protected]*[email protected]$ because he $*#$#$(#$(# his %*$$((@@(0 inside a Wal Mart?

nemenforcer
03-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Cool. I can see how the revisit was warranted

The Mike
03-24-2015, 05:15 PM
I find your signature offensive.
Nah, just messing with you. :)

Reported. I'm being bullied. Just kidding. ;)

Warden
03-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Great news. I've been away from this site for almost half a year because I got tired of seeing the above prohibited behaviour in almost every thread. I think this bodes well for the future of the site.

SwedishHeat
03-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Infractions
Members that violate this code will be issued infractions by the moderators. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category. In addition to the list below moderators can assign custom infractions and points at their discretion. Infractions and their points are:

INFRACTION POINTS EXPIRES IN
Signature Rule Violation 1 14 Days
Inappropriate Language 1 14 Days
Bypass language filter 1 14 Days
posting questionable material/images 1 3 Months
attempting to bypass sales rules 1 3 Months
General unpleasantness and/or trolling 1 Never
Insulted Member(s) or Collectible Creator 2 Never
Spammed Advertisements 15 Never

5 points total 2 week ban
10 points total 1 month ban
15 points total permanent ban

Because I found the chart kind of hard to read at first and because I found out you could make tables in bbcode. . . .

INFRACTION

Signature Rule Violation
14 Days

Inaapropriate Language
14 Days

Bypass Language Filter
14 Days

Posting Questionable Material/Images
3 Months

Attempting to bypass Sales Rules
3 Months

General Unpleasantness/Trolling
Never

Insulted Member or Collectible Creator
Never

Spammed Advertisements
Never

5 Points Total
2 Week Ban

10 Points Total
1 Month Ban

15 Points Total
Permanent Ban

Chapter 2099
03-24-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm all for it and welcome it. :rock

Kamandi
03-24-2015, 06:42 PM
It would be helpful to know what the initial provocation was that made it necessary to revise the rules since there's clearly a new "pain point" that made it necessary.

Collectorcol
03-24-2015, 06:56 PM
It would be helpful to know what the initial provocation was that made it necessary to revise the rules since there's clearly a new "pain point" that made it necessary.
Think the 1:6 Green Lantern Thread made the decision easy for Dave.

Darth Snoopy
03-24-2015, 06:56 PM
There have been several reasons but the SSC 1/6 GL thread was the catalyst.

The Skull
03-24-2015, 06:58 PM
No more contests I see, does that apply to sideshow contests and others in the dealer section too, hope not:panic:

Davinator65
03-24-2015, 06:59 PM
I, for one, am glad that this got posted. Great job Dave!

Indeedely
03-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Have to agree there seem to be some members with woman issues that cross the line to "not funny" that deserve a few shame points. I am adverse to drama in my hobby because I have enough stress with all the childish adults at work.

A certain member that bullied newbies has not been forgotten either...:monkey3

Phoenixblazes
03-24-2015, 07:41 PM

Collectorcol
03-24-2015, 07:58 PM
^
Please keep discussions on topic.

:monkey3

GeneralZodLives
03-24-2015, 08:09 PM

RavenEye
03-24-2015, 08:50 PM
The Green Lantern thread? Huh... weird... If it's like the Uncharted thread I think I know why...

devilof76
03-24-2015, 09:05 PM
About ****ing time. :woo

People who insist on being *******s aren't giving anyone a dose of reality. They're narcissists with ugly attitudes, using the board to inflate their own flaccid egos. Thanks for noticing Dave.

Spidey976
03-25-2015, 02:46 AM
I can see why this was necessary. The board lost creators and producers of these fine products because of this type of behavior. Now I admit I have been ticked off enough to throw my fair share of jabs at people. This will make me thnke three or four times before I do. Good new set of written down rules Dave.

superdoug
03-25-2015, 04:39 AM
Wow. I guess I have been really limited on where I have been in the forum the past few months. I didn't see this coming up but most of this was already in place.

Thanks to those that volunteer to make this forum run. I for one appreciate it.

Payton collectibles
03-25-2015, 04:48 AM

Spidey976
03-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Wow. I guess I have been really limited on where I have been in the forum the past few months. I didn't see this coming up but most of this was already in place.

Thanks to those that volunteer to make this forum run. I for one appreciate it.

It has been happening off and on, and I admit I have waded neck deep into my fair share of fights that I should have kept out of. Though usually it involved one or two guys who, well, we just don't get along. This policy should keep a few guys from engaging in company bashing or trolling other members, which should hopefully will maybe allow us to get more of an industry presence back here.

The Josh
03-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Nice! Maybe we can get back to when this place was fun to be around.

Cocoboloboy
03-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Think the 1:6 Green Lantern Thread made the decision easy for Dave.

I blame Sideshow...for producing the Green Lantern figure...which spawned the thread about the Green Lantern figure..that broke the Sideshow Freaks board.

:D

Darklord Dave
03-25-2015, 10:07 AM
As I've said in other threads - these rules have been in place - but we've never really come up with a way to make enforcement of them objective and consistent. But I think stamping out bullying and incessant trolling as well as making this a more friendly environment is important for the future of this community.

The Mike
03-25-2015, 11:47 AM
I can see why this was necessary. The board lost creators and producers of these fine products because of this type of behavior. Now I admit I have been ticked off enough to throw my fair share of jabs at people. This will make me thnke three or four times before I do. Good new set of written down rules Dave.

I remember when most of SSC was posting here? Adam Hughes was posting here! It'd be nice if we could entice them back, a lot of them were really fun posters and not just informative.

Nice! Maybe we can get back to when this place was fun to be around.

That's the hope.

But I think stamping out bullying and incessant trolling as well as making this a more friendly environment is important for the future of this community.

Absolutely. I know less and less people on the boards, a lot of the "old folks" have taken to other forums of social media to keep interacting because of the environments, I hope this draws them back.

Spidey976
03-25-2015, 12:29 PM
I remember when most of SSC was posting here? Adam Hughes was posting here! It'd be nice if we could entice them back, a lot of them were really fun posters and not just informative.

That's the hope.

Absolutely. I know less and less people on the boards, a lot of the "old folks" have taken to other forums of social media to keep interacting because of the environments, I hope this draws them back.

I know I started posting here less and less because of a select few. Hopefully we could get some of the creators back here.

Sweet Rabbit
03-25-2015, 12:32 PM
I know I started posting here less and less because of a select few. Hopefully we could get some of the creators back here.

Most of those people will probably be weeded out sooner or later

Spidey976
03-25-2015, 01:49 PM

Well i hope that those that like to pick fights learn to leave well enough alone.

Darth Snoopy
03-25-2015, 02:01 PM

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Rorywan
03-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Genuine questions, just saw this thread and read the new conduct notes, and I completely agree with most of it, I have discussed similar with Dave recently:

Q:
Is this just about SSC releases or HT too? And that's not a leading question, it seems the only negativity that is an issue (that I have noticed) is with the latest SSC releases? Is it a sponsorship thing? is objective criticism ok? There are loads of incredibly negative threads about HT releases, mostly justified.

The HT OT Han Solo thread has been a quagmire for some time, I haven't been to the Green Lantern thread, is it the same as the Hoth Solo, Luke, Drake, Temple of Doom & Snake threads?

This seems rather Empirical and not at all Old Republic if it's just about SSC releases?
:lol

I blame Sideshow...for producing the Green Lantern figure...which spawned the thread about the Green Lantern figure..that broke the Sideshow Freaks board.

:D

Haven't even see the GL figure, but I jokingly & nervously agree (because Dave is watching). What about Drake, Snake, Solo, Luke and R2 QC? Those threads are pretty negative, but because the releases have majorly disappointed a lot of people, reminds me of the old Enterbay threads when they released the rubber Enter The Dragon set. Or the HT leaky rubber abs DX Batman set, or the melting ED209 dome, is it not par with the territory to have negative threads about disappointing releases?

Have a look at the top end stellar releases, from both companies? Pretty positive and glowing all round?
:dunno

I hope polite, respectful but negative comments are still allowed if so deserved. Otherwise, it's a fan club?

LipSmack
03-25-2015, 03:30 PM
So we cant say anything negative about sideshow and other companies? Or do we just have to word it more creatively?

Collectorcol
03-25-2015, 03:52 PM
So we cant say anything negative about sideshow and other companies? Or do we just have to word it more creatively?
Constructive critisism...

karamazov80
03-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Tone and intent matters. It's about the effect on the environment, not necessarily specific language. And since the intent of the rule is to change the culture (or at least a subculture) on the board, and perceptions of it, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to focus on just one type of product or one section.

SwedishHeat
03-25-2015, 05:24 PM

I think if you can't say what you need to say in a constructive or productive manner, then that's your first clue that what you have to say, does not need to be said.

Eli26
03-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Glad this has been done. This place has needed it for sometime. Thank you Dave! :)

sarakawa
03-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Doesn't seem like anything all that new...what's all the ruckus about? :dunno

Darklord Dave
03-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Genuine questions, just saw this thread and read the new conduct notes, and I completely agree with most of it, I have discussed similar with Dave recently:

Q:
Is this just about SSC releases or HT too? And that's not a leading question, it seems the only negativity that is an issue (that I have noticed) is with the latest SSC releases? Is it a sponsorship thing? is objective criticism ok? There are loads of incredibly negative threads about HT releases, mostly justified.

The HT OT Han Solo thread has been a quagmire for some time, I haven't been to the Green Lantern thread, is it the same as the Hoth Solo, Luke, Drake, Temple of Doom & Snake threads?

This seems rather Empirical and not at all Old Republic if it's just about SSC releases?

Haven't even see the GL figure, but I jokingly & nervously agree (because Dave is watching). What about Drake, Snake, Solo, Luke and R2 QC? Those threads are pretty negative, but because the releases have majorly disappointed a lot of people, reminds me of the old Enterbay threads when they released the rubber Enter The Dragon set. Or the HT leaky rubber abs DX Batman set, or the melting ED209 dome, is it not par with the territory to have negative threads about disappointing releases?

Have a look at the top end stellar releases, from both companies? Pretty positive and glowing all round?
:dunno

I hope polite, respectful but negative comments are still allowed if so deserved. Otherwise, it's a fan club?

As kara said - it's about all manufacturers, HT included. The LotR section is an excellent model of this - both Asmus and ACI interact at a high level with us. I put a stop to some of the more vitriolic things that were being said at first, and the atmosphere changed so the producers weren't just dismissing us as childish haters and even took to accepting criticism and putting it to use.

So saying HT Han looks more like Tom Selleck is meant as a joke - but if the poster would go into a little more detail (as some have) the entire post is of more value.

Constructive criticism, not just spewing hate.

Doesn't seem like anything all that new...what's all the ruckus about? :dunno

Correct, it's not new - but focus is being drawn to the rules because things have gotten out of hand.

Lakhota
03-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Dave, I must have missed the signature rules was there something posted about our signatures or is it just common sense no profanity nudity etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LipSmack
03-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Sounds good, thanks Kara and Dave

mfoga
03-25-2015, 07:32 PM
So does that mean all the signatures with self promotion should be deleted? What about creating separate posts to promote you review of a figure?

mr.thrifty
03-25-2015, 07:33 PM
:grouphug

KitFisto
03-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Tone and intent matters. It's about the effect on the environment, not necessarily specific language. And since the intent of the rule is to change the culture (or at least a subculture) on the board, and perceptions of it, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to focus on just one type of product or one section.

It's to a point where EVERY figure, statue , movie, actor etc is mocked, laughed at and we're told daily how much EVERYTHING sucks a year before it's even scheduled to be released. Then, endless GIF's and emoticons are posted to mock and make fun of anyone with a "wait and see attitude". I often wonder how the people who hate EVERYTHING would feel going back to just having Hasbro toys as the top end collectible and the 80s Captain America movie as the best comic movie available.

LipSmack
03-25-2015, 07:43 PM
It's to a point where EVERY figure, statue , movie, actor etc is mocked, laughed at and we're told daily how much EVERYTHING sucks a year before it's even scheduled to be released. Then, endless GIF's and emoticons are posted to mock and make fun of anyone with a "wait and see attitude". I often wonder how the people who hate EVERYTHING would feel going back to just having Hasbro toys as the top end collectible and the 80s Captain America movie as the best comic movie available.

God now that you mention it can we get gif flirting on the infraction list valued at 2? :lol

Collectorcol
03-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Profanity
We have users of all age groups and of all tolerance levels where profanity is concerned. A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.

There's a long running thread that actually contravenes this rule in its title :huh

LipSmack
03-26-2015, 09:43 AM
K serious Question for Dave. Is there any way you could implement a 10 or 25 post minimum before a new member can start their own thread? Not trying to insult new members and a lot have great things to share and discuss, but this would help 2 problems before they even pop up. 1. spammers will be weeded out either in their fluff posts or simply not bother and 2. it would cut down on repeat topic threads by making the new member have to dig a little and see how this place works...? is there something im missing?

Armymedic1980
03-26-2015, 10:14 AM

j97e1
03-26-2015, 10:38 AM
K serious Question for Dave. Is there any way you could implement a 10 or 25 post minimum before a new member can start their own thread? Not trying to insult new members and a lot have great things to share and discuss, but this would help 2 problems before they even pop up. 1. spammers will be weeded out either in their fluff posts or simply not bother and 2. it would cut down on repeat topic threads by making the new member have to dig a little and see how this place works...? is there something im missing?

Second that.
Maybe it will cut down on the lovely 'How much, when, how, why did you, etc ' threads.

pixletwin
03-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Get to work. :lol

ebro42
03-26-2015, 11:21 AM

ebro42
03-26-2015, 11:24 AM

YoNoSe
03-26-2015, 04:15 PM
This is encouraging.

SwedishHeat
03-26-2015, 08:54 PM
I third that. I've seen a few threads that were clearly spams posted by "new members" who created the account simply to spam the forums, I think. This idea would put a stop to that.

Fourthed. . . for all the reasons listed above.

S. Griffin
03-27-2015, 03:23 PM

I'm generally all for this, but wouldn't this mean they can't make an intro thread, or is there a way to implement this and still allow them to start threads in the "Introductions please!"

a-dev
03-27-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm generally all for this, but wouldn't this mean they can't make an intro thread, or is there a way to implement this and still allow them to start threads in the "Introductions please!"

Does anyone even read those threads? :lol I've gone in there once or twice when I've been really really really bored.

And never made one for myself incidentally.

MagnumOpus
03-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Facebook is on the fashion right now and all the sculptors, artists have their own pages and easily communicate with their fans! They will not join forums again! Also what does "troll" means? Where do we know exactly if he is trolling or not! If he has some problems with any product or company, why he couldn't share his ideas freely? Do I have to love every product of Sideshow? Do I have to back up every action of Sideshow? Why do I have to be a fan of Sideshow? Everyone wants to hear good things and when they couldn't hear, they blame you as a troll! This forum has only one problem which all the moderators are a fan of Sideshow:) I know it is a forum of Sideshow! But that effect your objectivity! But if you are saying we already don't want to be objective, those rules are acceptable for sure:) To me it's simple. If someone is doing discrimination about anything, swearing, sharing pornographic content and using this forum for his personal earnings, he should have to be banned! Otherwise let people talk freely! Let them speak, do not afraid! If the fans of a specific product could speak freely 30 pages, why a collector could not share his negative feelings for twice? Everyone could not share the same enjoyment every time! We are all different and this is so normal! Anyways I know no one will agree with me and I have so many adversaries here:) But I will not go anywhere cause I know I am not a troll! Also I know the market very well and I am a collector...

DarthChrisDK
03-29-2015, 12:17 AM
It's not what you say. It's how you say it and how you conduct yourself. We are grown ups (I assume) and it's only fair to expect people to behave accordingly.

The Josh
03-29-2015, 02:30 AM
It's not what you say. It's how you say it and how you conduct yourself. We are grown ups (I assume) and it's only fair to expect people to behave accordingly.

:lecture :lecture.

Sweet Rabbit
03-29-2015, 02:48 AM

Too much common sense

Darth Snoopy
03-29-2015, 07:23 AM

Exactly and well said.

Cixx
04-09-2015, 04:49 AM

Cap'n Cook
04-11-2015, 05:17 PM
So, a mod just infracted me for 1 post that was apparently not constructive negative criticism.

On viewing the new COC it states such posts will be deleted and if the behaviour persists infractions can be given.

Can (another) mod please explain why I was infracted? Thanks muchly.

Collectorcol
04-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Ouch... No warnings?

Cap'n Cook
04-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Ouch... No warnings?

Nope. :)

Seriously makes me question some of these 'mods'. There're here to enforce the COC amongst other things but what happens if they're contradicting the COC?

Needles to say I'm not happy. I pay to be a premium member and have been here for years without so much as a warning.

I've messaged Dave on the matter anyway. :duff

Rorywan
04-12-2015, 05:17 PM
I must say, I've seen the atmosphere on the boards turn from "generally intetesting" to "ah, there is no point in posting" in a very short amount of time. I completely understand the point of this new COC, but generally it's turned a vibrant discussion forum (bad comes with good) into a dead zone since its introduction.
Both the Luke and Han Hoth threads pretty much died. Sure there aren't as many critical posts about the SSC figures now, but there just aren't as many posts overall? I doubt that's a good thing? Quite a few veterans are feeling uneasy, at the end of the day, we all know it's Dave's baby, he can do what he wants with it.

I guess people don't like to feel censored on a paid subscription toy forum?
And as a member that has been around here for quite a number of years, that's what it feels like.
Commerce and free speech are not easy bed fellows.

Lakhota
04-12-2015, 05:38 PM
I must say, I've seen the atmosphere on the boards turn from "generally intetesting" to "ah, there is no point in posting" in a very short amount of time. I completely understand the point of this new COC, but generally it's turned a vibrant discussion forum (bad comes with good) into a dead zone since its introduction.
Both the Luke and Han Hoth threads pretty much died. Sure there aren't as many critical posts about the SSC figures now, but there just aren't as many posts overall? I doubt that's a good thing? Quite a few veterans are feeling uneasy, at the end of the day, we all know it's Dave's baby, he can do what he wants with it.

And as a member that has been around here for quite a number of years, that's what it feels like.

I totally agree with everything you say Rorywan I've noticed in the past couple weeks there has been minimal posting and when there is it seems very generic and bland. I understand a positive atmosphere is nice but part of the entertainment of this thread was the bickering and in-depth discussions. I understand what Dave's doing and I respect that but in the same time if people are afraid to post they will just stop commenting.

As most of you know I have a pretty weird sense of humor and even I have been shying away from posting funny or dark humor and I feel at any time I must double check my comments. I will continue to stay a member and support this website the friends and informative information is priceless but I do miss some of the discussions.

jkno
04-13-2015, 01:29 AM

I agree with the COC, but I think most members here knew about how they should act on an adult forum. Some of my friend members post less and I also feel my connection to the board being lost here, but not really because of the COC. Not sure why though, I'm still into collecting, a bit slowed down, but the hype in posting in all the threads I had the slight interest in, is gone. I visit the board much rarer than before...

devilof76
04-13-2015, 02:55 AM
If threads have slowed because people don't know how to post negative comments without being an *******, who cares?

Learn how not to be an *******. Don't whine that it's no longer welcome.

devilof76
04-13-2015, 03:43 AM
I highly doubt the change in tone in the Star Wars threads has anything to do with people who have something negative to say being afraid to speak for fear of persecution. The figures are well received, and after an initial wave of early photo hysteria and a few waves of shrill criticism, there's little negative left to say.

devilof76
04-13-2015, 04:00 AM
I have to wonder how censored people felt before when trolling and insults were clearly forbidden. Is this new code penalizing all negativity? Or just negativity that inspires the more sensitive/easily chafed/vindictively histrionic members to report at an accelerated rate?

YoNoSe
04-13-2015, 05:14 AM
It's pretty easy to tell who is sincerely interested in discussion and who's just here for "look at me" purposes.

The COC is more of a cross to bare than to bear.

devilof76
04-13-2015, 05:23 AM
Well said. The problem is less negative reception of product than it is a toxic narcissism (which can keep a positive slant, and still be relentlessly obnoxious).

karamazov80
04-13-2015, 06:23 AM
I have to wonder how censored people felt before when trolling and insults were clearly forbidden. Is this new code penalizing all negativity? Or just negativity that inspires the more sensitive/easily chafed/vindictively histrionic members to report at an accelerated rate?
Obviously I come in from a different POV than most others posting here, but my posting behavior hasn't really changed. Now, you can take a cynical view and say that's because I'm a mod and don't have to worry about the consequences to the extent that others do. But, I think the reality is that for the vast majority of members nothing major should be changing here. Sure, you might have to reign in a comment in the heat of the moment that you wouldn't have in the past, but this rule is largely focused on a pretty small minority of members and posts that ends up having larger consequences of bringing threads down and turning people off to the forum. I'm only speaking for myself and not Dave here obviously, so he may disagree. But if members who have been here a long time in good standing are feeling really sheepish because of this change, then they're probably reading more into it than they need to. The purpose isn't to turn the forum into a figurative police state. If it was, I probably wouldn't stick around. I've never shied away from saying something critical of SSC when I felt it was appropriate, and that's not going to change.

Censorship was always a part of this forum. The question is of when and how much. That formula has changed a little, but there aren't many sentiments that were allowed previously that aren't allowed now. But the manner in which they are presented, and the impact it could have on artists, Sideshow reps, and the forum membership in general has to be considered. Frankly, this should have been considered in the past.

devilof76
04-13-2015, 07:01 AM
Indeed. :duff

Tbolt
04-14-2015, 03:47 AM

Tbolt
04-14-2015, 03:49 AM

Darth Snoopy
04-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Censorship was always a part of this forum. The question is of when and how much. That formula has changed a little, but there aren't many sentiments that were allowed previously that aren't allowed now. But the manner in which they are presented, and the impact it could have on artists, Sideshow reps, and the forum membership in general has to be considered. Frankly, this should have been considered in the past.

Agreed. IMO, if it had been considered at the time then the entitled members on the board wouldn't have driven away so many artists, SSC reps and other members.

Rorywan
04-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Agreed. IMO, if it had been considered at the time then the entitled members on the board wouldn't have driven away so many artists, SSC reps and other members.

What are "the entitled" members of the board?

Seems to me that the most self-entitled members of the board are the ones who knock independent opinion, even when that opinion is presented in an appropriate manner. Be it negative OR positive. Ironically they seem to be the members who are pro SSC or HT and can't see the trees for the wood. Everyone has to agree with their love or hatred of a certain company.

Could you explain all this to me, admittedly I missed the Green Lantern thread. So I don't know what went down there. Speaking as an artist and a photographer who used to post a lot here, I know that I stopped posting quite a lot, as did a few others who I was friends with, because of constant knocking of personal opinions. A perfect example is the member Gungfu, he is recognised internationally as a Bruce Lee expert/authority, a real positive member to have here. He used to have close contact with everything BL. He left because of not being able to voice his opinion without getting knocked by the masses. Positive or negative. Where did Maglor go? One of our best photographers? It goes on and on. That's why I do understand some of the intent of this new code, but it seems to be quite one sided and in fact has given credence and power to some of the bigger trolls on the board, just because their comments are on the "right" side of the law. :dunno

Bucky Underbelly
04-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Very much in favor of this.

It might not bring world peace, but slowing down for a second to think about whether you're about to say something obnoxious before you say it, doesn't hurt anybody. It isn't a burden. It's something we all probably do in the meat-based world anyway. I hope!

Darth Snoopy
04-14-2015, 01:03 PM
What are "the entitled" members of the board?

I'm talking about those members who feel that they have the right to say whatever to whoever and however they wanted regardless how disrespectful it was.

If you have an opinion, regardless if it's positive or negative, you can express it in a civil, constructive and adult manner.

karamazov80
04-14-2015, 01:49 PM
That's why I do understand some of the intent of this new code, but it seems to be quite one sided and in fact has given credence and power to some of the bigger trolls on the board, just because their comments are on the "right" side of the law. :dunno
As I understand it, that is not the intention of the new rule, though those creators/company reps who have an active presence on the board will probably be protected a bit more carefully than others just because it's courteous, and because the impacts are more direct and consequential. Did Maglor leave because he felt that people were being too critical of his photos? I don't know that I ever saw why he stopped posting.

devilof76
04-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Maglor left so that he could attend to matters in his personal life.

I'd like to know how a person who openly incites negativity with intent is any more a troll than someone who freely offends under the irreproachable guise of simply having an opinion. The latter is duplicitous, disingenuine, and provides an identical effect, but leaving no recourse to the offended. More often than not, they're the first to cast the 'troll' stone, as well.

The new code levels the playing field in that respect.

YoNoSe
04-14-2015, 05:33 PM
More often than not, they're the first to cast the 'troll' stone, as well.

I've been stoned just for mentioning the abrasive behavior of another member. But I like those trolls in Frozen, so I'm o-tay with it.

DarthChrisDK
04-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Agree. People need to face the fact that actions do have consequences. Not everyone may be thinking long-term. But some of us have to. It's difficult to change a culture and habbits. But if you don't do anything, nothing will change either. It's everyone's responsibility and it should be in everyone's interest as well.

Lejuan
04-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Whatever happened to the good Reverend?

devilof76
04-15-2015, 02:38 AM
After Eleanor's funeral, he put down the shovel and wandered off into the night.

No one was saved. :dunno

Rorywan
04-15-2015, 02:48 AM
As I understand it, that is not the intention of the new rule, though those creators/company reps who have an active presence on the board will probably be protected a bit more carefully than others just because it's courteous, and because the impacts are more direct and consequential. Did Maglor leave because he felt that people were being too critical of his photos? I don't know that I ever saw why he stopped posting.

I think the biggest issue for many members is the timing of this. It seems to have hit when several Sideshow threads were exploding with negativity. Negativity aimed directly towards certain releases. To many, completely justified negativity (when properly addressed). Hoth Solo & Luke, Drake, Snake, Green Lantern to name a few. Sure there were trolls in all those threads posting unconstructive comments, but there were just as many posting unconstructive positive comments. Positive spam. Knocking anyone's opinon who said they were unhappy with something. Is that ok?

Now people have pretty much stopped posting their negative comments about these Sideshow products even if they are being entirely genuine in their disappointment. They are afraid to, and the positive spammers feel somehow justified and empowered?

Is this what we want? To embargo bad reviews of Sideshow products? That's what it feels like to a lot of members, me included.
I get why Dave would want this to happen, with people cancelling orders left right and centre because of early negative implosions, I'm sure Sideshow were deeply unhappy about this, but surely that's what an open toy forum is for? Varied opinion?

I completely agree about polite, respectful posting, that's a given. The two issues have been mixed up. Respectful subjectivity, objectivity.. whatever. But members should be able to respectfully critique a product from any manufacturer? And that has stopped happening because of this new code of conduct. Have a look through the threads and you will see nervous jokes about tip toeing around saying something is badly manufactured, has poor QC and isn't worth the price.

If Dave and the board generally just want us to stop giving honest opinions about Sideshow products because it's bad for business, then he should just say. It's his forum after all.

So is it negative posting or disrespectful positing that is the issue?
Two very different things.

Here is a perfect example, just saw it as part of a conversation two members were having over in the Indiana Jones thread..

I'm totally with you on that. I'm tired of seeing people at two ends of the spectrum, some who aren't content with anything and some who clamour over ******** (like the new wave of putty SS is churning).

I really find it hard to have my opinion out in the open, with the constant bashing and self righteousness even hostility (for lack of a better word) displayed by some individuals.

Blind positivity is just as much a problem as blind negativity. Respecting each others opinions is the answer IMO. But that's still not happening. The CoC has only hit at one side, the intention may well have been otherwise, but that's what I'm seeing on the boards right now. Hell, I even feel dodgy posting this in here for fear of retribution.

I'm talking about those members who feel that they have the right to say whatever to whoever and however they wanted regardless how disrespectful it was.

If you have an opinion, regardless if it's positive or negative, you can express it in a civil, constructive and adult manner.

I understand and agree with that entirely, unfortunately I'm not really seeing that in action.

devilof76
04-15-2015, 03:18 AM
How many times do people need to be told that this has nothing to do with negative opinions in regard to product?

EVILFACE
04-15-2015, 03:22 AM
I really haven't seen much of a drop in negative posts.

Green Lantern? Recent posts are still negative.

The new Terminator flick? Pure negativity. And none of it constructed like it rolled off Shakespeare's pen. :lol

Rorywan
04-15-2015, 03:25 AM
I really haven't seen much of a drop in negative posts.

Green Lantern? Recent posts are still negative.

The new Terminator flick? Pure negativity. And none of it constructed like it rolled off Shakespeare's pen. :lol
The new Terminator flick? :lol I doubt the most stringent COC in the world couldn't turn that thread positive.

Tbolt
04-15-2015, 04:29 AM

a-dev
04-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Don't posts have to be reported for excessive negativity to be addressed? If no one reports anything then there was no problem to begin with.

Collectorcol
04-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Don't posts have to be reported for excessive negativity to be addressed? If no one reports anything then there was no problem to begin with.
The Mods do also read through threads.

MagnumOpus
04-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Well, can someone explain to me why do I have to be respectful to a thing which I payed for? All the products that we purchase are prototypes so it's our right to have it as close as we can! And when we couldn't, why do I have to be respectful? why do I have to be silent for the ones who couldn't see it's faults! Maybe they are rich so those small changes don't bother them but it's not my problem! All collectors in the market know that Sideshow is not at the top their game! There are secret groups at facebook (and believe me they have more members than freaks and statue forum) which members are all agree about Sideshow's going down! Also I have all right to discuss an artist choice or talent. Don't we do it in politics, so why can't we do it at a collection forum? It's just funny! All you know is marking someone as a troll! Troll! Troll! Ok, I am a Troll:) I am a troll cause I can't stop myself when I see a product doesn't come much like the proto! For me it is not fair! We Turkish people always thought those kind of actions never happens in USA, only occur in Turkey because of being a 3rd world country! We always believe to defend your right in USA is so easy! But everyone here is acting like a blind man:) The mods are acting like they are the superior beings of collection world and couldn't be objective! You are not sadly:) You are no one in fact, just a mod which doesn't allow you to make fun with a member! Ink is the master of it for example! His actions to comic book guy (nick name) is horrible and maybe that guy's posts and ideas could be weird but if a mod can act like this you can not talk about an objective CODE! First mods have to learn to talk respectively with a member, then members will learn! Ink's motto was "God hates cowards!" What kind of a motto is that then?

franpincho
04-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Oh my.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lejuan
04-15-2015, 05:12 PM
:lol If you don't know why it's generally a good thing to be respectful then I got nothin' for ya.

MagnumOpus
04-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Ohh yours...

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
04-15-2015, 06:32 PM
:lol If you don't know why it's generally a good thing to be respectful then I got nothin' for ya.

:lol Agreed. He brings up a lot of good points, too bad they'll be deleted or ignored completely.

devilof76
04-15-2015, 08:03 PM
How many times do people have to be...

...nevermind. :dunno

karamazov80
04-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Blind positivity is just as much a problem as blind negativity.
I agree with you. . .although, even there context matters. If you've got Trevor Grove (who. . .unfortunately doesn't post here anymore because an idiot or idiots on the forum ran him off. . .) posting in a thread, then slavish praise is more acceptable than cruel and petty jabs. Because it's just more polite. But yes, when someone says "what kind of stupid poopyhead can't see that Sideshow is greater than puppies and rainbows?" that's no better than "what kind of stupid poopyhead ad genius came up with this one??" in my opinion. I don't even think comments need to be constructive (the vast majority of comments here aren't that, and I'm as guilty as the next guy here) but they should be respectfulish.

As for Dave's motivations for the rule, I believe he was getting direct complaints from reps and artists saying that they weren't comfortable coming to the forum because of the behavior of some of its members. Maybe those comments are a function of recent, general negativity toward SSC product. But I believe Dave when he says that he's not out to squash respectfully presented (and not beat into the ground) opinion. I've seen him explicitly allow a lot more criticism than I've seen him disallow, and he's pretty consistently given that advice to the moderation team.

Rorywan
04-16-2015, 01:11 AM
How many times do people have to be...

...nevermind. :dunno

There's Devil blabbing on in the background.. no one listening... :1-1:

I agree with you. . .although, even there context matters. If you've got Trevor Grove (who. . .unfortunately doesn't post here anymore because an idiot or idiots on the forum ran him off. . .) posting in a thread, then slavish praise is more acceptable than cruel and petty jabs. Because it's just more polite. But yes, when someone says "what kind of stupid poopyhead can't see that Sideshow is greater than puppies and rainbows?" that's no better than "what kind of stupid poopyhead ad genius came up with this one??" in my opinion. I don't even think comments need to be constructive (the vast majority of comments here aren't that, and I'm as guilty as the next guy here) but they should be respectfulish.

As for Dave's motivations for the rule, I believe he was getting direct complaints from reps and artists saying that they weren't comfortable coming to the forum because of the behavior of some of its members. Maybe those comments are a function of recent, general negativity toward SSC product. But I believe Dave when he says that he's not out to squash respectfully presented (and not beat into the ground) opinion. I've seen him explicitly allow a lot more criticism than I've seen him disallow, and he's pretty consistently given that advice to the moderation team.

Ok, that's a good post Kara, and something I can grasp as making a lot of sense. I do think though that there has to be a level of understanding/realism that if a given artist, rep or whoever goes into a thread where their product is already being complained about (for genuine reasons, perceived or otherwise).. that.. well.. it's walking into a fire isn't it? it's never really going to go well is it?

They need to put on the teflon suit and prepare for some minor burns. :lol

But of course they should be shown the same respect and politeness that everyone deserves, and they should be also be applauded for defending or explaining their product in the first place. That's not an easy thing to do and pretty thankless I would imagine. I haven't actually seen any of these incidences myself, so can't comment.

devilof76
04-16-2015, 02:29 AM
It'll go fine if people have the remotest concept of what it means to exhibit respect, and not just give it lip service to save face.

...and now I see why no one's listening. :idea

Rorywan
04-16-2015, 02:30 AM
It'll go fine if people have the remotest concept of what it means to exhibit respect.

...and now I see why no one's listening. :idea

Yes. Exactly.

devilof76
04-16-2015, 02:40 AM
You missed some.

Rorywan
04-16-2015, 03:47 AM
You missed some.

No, I didn't.

devilof76
04-16-2015, 04:06 AM
Whatever you say, Cleopatra. :rolleyes2

Rorywan
04-16-2015, 04:41 AM
Whatever you say, Cleopatra. :rolleyes2

Reported for disrespectful name calling and passive aggressive behaviour.

YoNoSe
04-16-2015, 06:02 AM
This is bad comedy.

Rorywan
04-16-2015, 06:05 AM
This is bad comedy.

Everyone's a critic.

Spidey976
04-16-2015, 06:48 PM
In general the new COC should work well to stop some of the rude and quit frankly almost bullying ways that some here like to engage in. Also, hopefully we can get so e of the talent to come back. I can say that the communities are losing a lot of the producers and reps from various companies d to the actions of what most peop,e would call trolls. The fighting here cost us most of the artists and reps from both SSC and XM. In the end if we could actually try to be civil we might get some of them back, I know the code has stopped me from mixing it up with a couple of guys lately so at least in my case it is working.

devilof76
04-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Reported for disrespectful name calling and passive aggressive behaviour.

Cleopatra is better than Francis.

YoNoSe
04-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Cleopatra is better than Francis.

I prefer Francis.

devilof76
04-19-2015, 09:15 PM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to YoNoSe again.

koon
04-21-2015, 03:10 AM

drakEP3
06-01-2015, 07:13 PM

nuttewz
06-03-2015, 01:53 AM

karamazov80
11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I can't speak to all of the details here, but Dave has had a mechanism in place in the past for screening spammers, and apparently the old system stopped working, so a new system was being used recently that isn't as effective. New members who post pictures, videos, or (I think) links need their first handful of posts manually approved by moderators to ensure that they aren't spam. But that doesn't apply to all posts. And if it did, that would create a pretty significant burden to mods.

LipSmack
11-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I can't speak to all of the details here, but Dave has had a mechanism in place in the past for screening spammers, and apparently the old system stopped working, so a new system was being used recently that isn't as effective. New members who post pictures, videos, or (I think) links need their first handful of posts manually approved by moderators to ensure that they aren't spam. But that doesn't apply to all posts. And if it did, that would create a pretty significant burden to mods.

then make it so new members cant start threads until they post 50 posts, would help noobs get used to the board as well

KingGrayskull
11-30-2015, 09:38 AM
then make it so new members cant start threads until they post 50 posts, would help noobs get used to the board as well

5-20 posts wiuld be enough to stop the spammers.

ssantoss
12-26-2015, 08:01 AM
These were quite helpful for me, as I'm in the process of re-formulating rules of conduct for a facebook-group. Some good inspiration here, especially your definitions of trolling and flaming. *taking notes*

pixletwin
11-17-2016, 06:11 PM
I know it's been said officially elsewhere on the board by Dave and others, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the Code of Conduct where it explicitly says that politics are not to be discussed. Maybe I am blind or stupid. I don't think I am the former, though I might very well be the latter.

Can Dave or someone else clarify this?

Darth Snoopy
11-21-2016, 05:36 PM
Here ya go;

Community Guidelines (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_guide2)

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate (e.g Evolution/Creationism or the politics behind gun control, abortion, etc). It is unrealistic to believe that a religious or political viewpoint won’t work its way onto the site in some fashion (e.g mentioning you will pray for a sick member). It is important to remember that the purpose of this policy is not to limit your ability to express your beliefs but to limit the division often caused by discussing/debating differing points of view regarding these subjects.

Code of Conduct (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/conduct.php)

Politics, Religion, Sexual Orientation
Discrimination of any kind is not allowed on this forum. Our call is to be supportive, not divisive. Because of this, discrimination, racial vilification and offensive generalizations targeting people of other races, religions, sexual orientation and/or nationalities will not be tolerated.

pixletwin
11-22-2016, 09:32 AM
I knew I had to be looking in the wrong place. Thanks Snonoperz. :rock

Darth Snoopy
12-06-2016, 06:57 AM
I knew I had to be looking in the wrong place. Thanks Snonoperz. :rock

You're welcome and no problem. :duff