1/6 Sideshow's Marvel 1:6 Figures - Updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
As those of you may or may not know there is a lively discussion going on in the DC forum about the latest SSC offering. One of SSC's own came in to clarify a few things and I took the opportunity to ask about Marvel. I apologize for the new thread but I figured one place to post the info and have people read and discuss over bumping a bunch of older threads.

Here is the info:

Will I get banned for committing heresy and discussing Marvel on this thread...I suppose no reason to stop ticking off people now.

Deadpool is kneedeep in fine tuning the tooling (plastic parts) and the fabric parts. We will be moving into the deco stage shortly. So far I am quite happy with how DP is coming along.

Wolverine's torso threw us a bit of a curveball so we had to figure out some engineering which took a little bit longer than we had hoped. With that said Punisher whom you saw previewed in the announcement video will be completed before Wolverine and will likely be up for order before Wolverine. Will that be before SDCC? I'm not sure, but he will be at SDCC barring any unforeseen issues.

Will more be shown at SDCC? Well - we are still gauging how much development we can complete and get through licensing before the show. San Diego is a scant three months away so we will keep plugging away on all licenses so we can share with you.

So the line is in some deep R&D. No new figures mentioned or eluded to but it looks like there is a chance to see something new at SDCC.

Hell yes!!!

Sideshow, I am all in on this. I will drop all Hot Toys Marvel figures as long as this line is going. I need Deadpool, Wolverine, and Punisher. I don't want the line to stop there. Cyclops ( Marvel Now), Magneto, Scarlett Witch, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Beast, Juggernaut... There are many things I love in this life. But comics are my true escape. Deadpool was a day one pre order. Same goes for Punisher and Wolverine.

All I took from that is how long it'll all take to get released. In the current scheme of things, Sideshow and Pop Culture Shock are the slowest companies for output. HT are fast, others like Enterbay are devoting themselves solely to NBA, while newer upstarts like Threezero and Star Ace are gaining attention with impressive early releases. After seeing recent 1/6 offerings turn to **** upon release from Sideshow, I won't be getting hyped about any of their 1/6 offerings, ever again.

Yeah, Sideslow will move at snail's pace with this line...you would think at SDCC they would at least have 3-4 new figures to show...but it sounds like they may only have The Punisher to show...I can't get excited (like I was when this was announced and shown last year) because who knows how much they'll butcher my favs like Captain America and Thor...even Dr Doom

Yeah, Sideslow will move at snail's pace with this line...you would think at SDCC they would at least have 3-4 new figures to show...but it sounds like they may only have The Punisher to show...I can't get excited (like I was when this was announced and shown last year) because who knows how much they'll butcher my favs like Captain America and Thor...even Dr Doom

I think Sideshow knows their days are numbered, thats why they have decided to go back and fine tune these. Hot Toys has Star Wars and Marvel movie figures, and Sideshow knows the Comic side is in need of 1/6 line. I hope they nail it!

Hell yes!!!

Sideshow, I am all in on this.I will drop all Hot Toys Marvel figures as long as this line is going.I need Deadpool, Wolverine, and Punisher. I don't want the line to stop there. Cyclops ( Marvel Now), Magneto, Scarlett Witch, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Beast, Juggernaut... There are many things I love in this life. But comics are my true escape. Deadpool was a day one pre order. Same goes for Punisher and Wolverine.

Really? Not trying to bash Sideshow, because I do love their stuff, but IMO, their 1/6 figures have a long way to go to match Hot Toys.

Exactly why SSC continues to fail, they have no concept of time and momentum

Really? Not trying to bash Sideshow, because I do love their stuff, but IMO, their 1/6 figures have a long way to go to match Hot Toys.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toy's work, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But, the comic world is what made me a fan. So far, Sideshow is the first to offer Comic verions. Or, atleast versions closer to that. I will continue to buy Hot Toys until Sideshow gets past its first 3 offerings.

I will get interested when they do Dr. Doom. Not interested in the figures previewed so far.

This is one of those lines where you keep an eye on but don't get all that excited about. Like most have stated, sideshow is slow to produce and their 1/6 figures are not as good as Hot Toys at the moment.

Had high hopes for this line but the lack of advancement is worrying, gonna be a long time before I see any characters I want at this rate

I have the same feeling towards this line. Would really love to see some characters added to this line but I guess with the delay this will be a slow burn before we see characters that we truly want to see in sixth scale. Would really love to see Taskmaster close to Perez run on Avengers.

fc448054225dcd09eeaa5115fec11f36.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice update, it's a shame there's not much info or no new pics of Deadpool. I have him on order but I worry that in the time it will take to finish him HT will unveil their movie version of Deadpool.

Dr Doom will freaking awesome, anyway sideshow really sloppy about release date. I dont want become salty again but they really need improve quality and headsculpt. I dont want angry oldman face on every 1/6 ss figure

Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toy's work, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But, the comic world is what made me a fan. So far, Sideshow is the first to offer Comic verions. Or, atleast versions closer to that. I will continue to buy Hot Toys until Sideshow gets past its first 3 offerings.

Exactly. I don't think anyone would argue that Sideshow quality is on par with Hot Toys, I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement there.
But I for one, don't want the MCU or DCU figures. I don't want a Hugh Jackman Wolverine, I want a comic Wolverine. One who's a true badass, who can kick some tail, and has ability to match his attitude. At the same time, I would want a comic Deadpool... not a Ryan Reynolds one.
Could say the same for Batman, Superman, or any of the DC characters...

Back