Budget Stark - "Art of ......." books, which are the best ones.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budget Stark

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys

I get asked where do I find out info on Iron Man armours and other bits of movie information. Here are the "Art of ...." books that I own.

Here are my views on which are the best ones to accompany your 1/6 figures if you want more background info.

I buy them from BOOKDEPOSITORY.COM as they have free shipping worldwide.

Thanks for watching

There is a book section
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forum60/

as much as this relates to Iron Man armors, this is an Action figure board

While I take your point, I didn't know there was a book section to the forum until your post, so I would have missed Budget Stark's review, if it had been posted there.. possibly some kind of link system would be useful, so peeps can post in one of the less used sections of the forum, but also drop a 'heads-up' post in a relevant action figure section, which have a heavier 'footfall'?
:dunno

After a bit of thought, I wondered if a 'New Reviews' section would be appropriate, possibly as a new part of the existing 'Collectible Reviews' section.. this would give a brief description of a newly posted review (including a link to the actual review), regardless of which section the review itself, actually resided in.. it could act like a 'hot news' sticky and might re-invigorate some of the lesser used sections of the forum, it would not require active comments either.

Edit - Decided to post this in the Suggestions section for debate.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forum-questions-and-suggestions/155935-add-reviews-section-collectible-reviews.html

Thanks Anthony, I've been looking for the Iron Man Manual with the Iron Legion specs but couldn't remember what it was called.

I have "The Art of Iron Man 3" coming tomorrow, does it show all of the MK suits seen in the movie? Can someone tell me which suit this is, it was used by Stark in the final battle...for a short time?

Capture1.JPG

I have "The Art of Iron Man 3" coming tomorrow, does it show all of the MK suits seen in the movie? Can someone tell me which suit this is, it was used by Stark in the final battle...for a short time?

View attachment 174293

This armour is called Nightclub, Mark 16. It can be dark (black) or red as in the film. It is similiar to the sneaky suit as it has a cloaking system and not suitable for heavy combat due to lack of weapons.

I got the Iron Man Manual yesterday. It's a great book if a bit light on actual text but is beautifully illustrated. The best thing about it for those on these forums is the complete breakdown of all the Iron Man suits from Mark I to Mark 42. I got it for £18.75 shipped from Wordery. Highly recommended.

I honestly ca nt wait for the Art of Avengers:Age of Ultron to get here.Released on May 21st I believe.

Thanks guys, for the short time on screen I found the suit to be a little creepy looking. It'd be great to see it in 6th scale.

Back