Hasbro has had it's great moments...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
CF Supporter
Reaction score
While we await the latest Sideshow miracle, the snow falling again outside reminded me of what got me interested in SW 1:6 scale in the first place, and it was this cool guy...

359609292_f7838843a8.jpg

359609290_121862e7a7.jpg

359609284_a20a0b2a5f_o.jpg

Everything from the large window box to the whole idea of Hasbro doing one of the coolest creatures in the saga to scale with a 12" figure to the great detail on the uniform...the whole presentation was just terrific...

(kinda sounds like now as we await the arrival of a certain slimy piece of worm-ridden filth from the artists at Sideshow that many of us never figured would see the light of day as a 1:6 scale figure, eh?:rolleyes: )

These two figures still hold a high place in my collection.....
....at least until Sideshow takes a crack 'em :D ...

How funny! After years I finally opened up my Luke Tauntaun and Han Tauntaun sets and displayed them!

I like the Tauntaun's a lot and for Hasbro they did a decent job on the clothes for Luke and Han.

I have both Han and Luke. While not up to SS standards, I still like both of them.

Wow! Thanks for posting those! Han and tauntaun are still one of my Hasbro favorites. Has anyone taken the sideshow Han and dressed him up in Hasbro's Hoth gear? Using the Sideshow holster and gun, I bet that would look cool. I have to pull my Hasbro Hoth Han from the attic anfd try it.

I can't wait to see if SSC does a Taun Taun and what it looks like.

Lets not forget the anonymous sculpter(s) who brought us Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, and Jango Fett. These too were among hasbro's greatest moments. :lecture

pixletwin said:
Lets not forget the anonymous sculpter(s) who brought us Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, and Jango Fett. These too were among hasbro's greatest moments. :lecture

Sidious was well done, but for the smile, a little too happy, but the detail in the head was phenomenal. I would have liked to own a Taun Taun, but I was younger when they came out and not having a Job and going off an allowance, they were a bit out of budget.

A couple of Hasbro repaints from my college days....

tauntaun1qt4.jpg

dookuqe8.jpg

Hasbro did some really amazing figures, no doubt. The quality was just all over the place. Zam Wessel anyone?

I'm repainting a C-3PO to go with Jabba. That should be fun...

Last edited:
Batty said:
I have both Han and Luke. While not up to SS standards, I still like both of them.

Agreed! I wish sideshow would do a Wampa, I know they can greatly improve the hasbro version.

Back