Cleaning / Maintenance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underaglassbell

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question with regard to 1/4 scale PF / Statues and the like and cleaning / maintenance tips.
- Ideally they should be kept behind glass, but as it is, that's not really possible for me (at least not at this time) so I have 3 of my statues stood on my storage 'bookcase'. Now while the room is not overly dusty I imagine there will come a time when, to some degree, they need to be dusted.

What tips would you recommend?

Wet / Damp Cloth, thinking comiquette - or would that too risky?
- I have some canned air for my film camera's and lenses which I could use, as well as some micro fibre clothes (various sizes).

Thanks
Dan

And just incase you did not know, just be sure to keep them out of direct sunlight.

And just incase you did not know, just be sure to keep them out of direct sunlight.

Yeah that's probably my biggest concern. Not so much now, but during the summer months as my room can get a good whack of sun light from say 1pm until sun down. While the cabinet in question isn't facing the window and is set against a side wall, there could possibly be a point later on in the day which could be a cause for concern. :panic:

That said, during those months I usually have my blind down & closed to help avoid my room heating up like a sauna + there is also a potential if worst comes to worst to move stuff around so that it's completely out of harms way.

I would also suggest to take each off the shelf before you dust. Trying to dust at weird angels and reaching around is how accidents happen....

Oh absolutely!

IMG_2906.JPG

As you can see they are resting pretty safely, ScarJo's base weighs a ton but even so I certainly won't be taking any chances given the height and whatnot. :panic:
- When the time comes I'll be sure to carefully take each PF off before attempting to dedust.

Back