Gentle Giant Jabba statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody get the feeling that everyone else is copying Sideshow at the moment??? GG now doing Jabba and putting up the pre-order without images; Quantum Mechanix has their X-Pay payment plan (not even trying on that one); bigger and bigger pieces from everyone; etc., etc., etc.

"Collect both the Jabba's Palace Band statue and Jabba the Hutt statue and mail away for a free Bib Fortuna statue."

Now that's an interesting twist.

I am also collecting the GG statue line, but this will be a pass for me. No place to put 2 Jabba's and the SS version is pretty much a "statue" already.

KitFisto said:
I am also collecting the GG statue line, but this will be a pass for me. No place to put 2 Jabba's and the SS version is pretty much a "statue" already.
I have a feeling a lot of people will do the same. With all the things they could have done in the SW universe, I wonder why they decided to do a Jabba statue now. Maybe they just want it to go with the Rancor and Slave Leia.

The free Bib statue is an interesting twist.

KitFisto said:

Exactly. If this had come our a year ago, it may have been a different story. I think most people will want SS's. It's bigger and most likely going to be more impressive when all is said and done.

I like the idea of the light up Jawa. I would like to see some pics of this.

It isn't that surprising considering Attakus has basically done the same thing as well.

Here's what it all looks like. Look quickly, because I will be removing these pictures if I hear that GG doesn't want them up, like the recent Elrond bust image.

cid012e01c7395c7d087830wt8.jpg

cid012f01c7395c7d087830uh7.jpg

The only way I can see this being a big seller is if someone just hates SS figures which I know that seems impossible to alot of people but I do know a few that just don't like the figures.

Why would anyone even consider the GG version?

I don't even think I'd consider it if SS wasn't already doing Jabba.

I don't see a Salacious Crumb on the GG set.

You can't have any Jabba! How can you have any Jabba if you don't eat your Crumbs!!!!???!!!

jimmyjamesf said:
The only way I can see this being a big seller is if someone just hates SS figures which I know that seems impossible to alot of people but I do know a few that just don't like the figures.
What is the price on this. if this is cheaper than Jabba with his throne from Sideshow, I could see people going with this since the SS Jabba isn't all that poseable to begin with.

:lol
pixletwin said:
I don't see a Salacious Crumb on the GG set.

You can't have any Jabba! How can you have any Jabba if you don't eat your Crumbs!!!!???!!!
:lol

The pose doesn't look as iconic as the Sideshow one does, and the sculpt doesn't look like the Jabba face I remember. Maybe it is based on the digital Jabba from Episode I. The band setup makes me want SS to make these figures all the more though, and eventually we will get an Oola that is posable and a Jawa with a leaf. Are the dimensions similar? It seems the GG one is a little smaller. It wouldn't make sense unless it was 1:6 scale for me.

Wow, after seeing these pictures I much prefer the SS version. I really don't see many people passing up the SS for the GG version.

So is that the same Max Rebo as the Christmas version minus the hat and lights?

Getting the Max Rebo set-up (with Crumb) might be worth it. Unless SS makes an announcement soon.

It almost seems like a race to see which company can get the most Jabba pieces out first.

Darth Loki said:
Exactly. If this had come our a year ago, it may have been a different story. I think most people will want SS's. It's bigger and most likely going to be more impressive when all is said and done.

Yeah, I agree... their timing is pretty bad. It does look nice but SS's is a lot better.

Back