PDA

View Full Version : 24...duh duh....duh duh...duh duh....(spoilers!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darth Caedus
01-14-2007, 10:58 PM
So what did anybody think of tonights two hour 24? I personally loved the first four episodes, with the last having the greatest ending of any episode I have ever seen

Mini-Rock
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Awesome! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Giant Chicken
01-14-2007, 11:32 PM
I loved Jacks Vampire scene in episode 1.

Episode four the greatest ending ever???

Wow... better than finding out Nina was bad???... Or when terri died???... Or when CTU blew up???... Or when Ryan Chappelle was shot in the head???... Or when Edgar died???... Or when we found out President Logan was a bad guy???....

I can't wait

Fubeca
01-14-2007, 11:38 PM
So what did anybody think of tonights two hour 24? I personally loved the first four episodes, with the last having the greatest ending of any episode I have ever seen

What do you mean the first 4? Only the first 2 aired tonight!

BTW the first two were killer! I love 24!

lcummins
01-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but except for a couple of scenes, I wasn't "wowed" like I was hoping. It seemed too "been there, done that" to me...

Kyuzo
01-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but except for a couple of scenes, I wasn't "wowed" like I was hoping. It seemed too "been there, done that" to me...

Ditto here.

Bannister
01-15-2007, 10:58 AM
What do you mean the first 4? Only the first 2 aired tonight!

BTW the first two were killer! I love 24!
The first four episodes have been on the internet for a while now.

JohnyBoo
01-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Missed the first two due to power outage and tonight I have to attend a meeting. This sucks!

Bannister
01-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Missed the first two due to power outage and tonight I have to attend a meeting. This sucks!
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Darth Caedus
01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I loved Jacks Vampire scene in episode 1.

Episode four the greatest ending ever???

Wow... better than finding out Nina was bad???... Or when terri died???... Or when CTU blew up???... Or when Ryan Chappelle was shot in the head???... Or when Edgar died???... Or when we found out President Logan was a bad guy???....

I can't wait

Better than ALL THAT!!! And, if you bought the 5th season of 24, you got the first four episodes of season 6. So the first 4 episodes have been around for a while

lcummins
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
OK, I admit things have picked up a bit!!! :D

DarkArtist81
01-15-2007, 09:02 PM
This is one of those series that I wish I would have been onboard for from the beginning. I must admit I have never watched an entire episode of 24..... I am so ashamed... :monkey2

Bannister
01-15-2007, 09:11 PM
This is one of those series that I wish I would have been onboard for from the beginning. I must admit I have never watched an entire episode of 24..... I am so ashamed... :monkey2
And you should be.

DarkArtist81
01-15-2007, 09:19 PM
And you should be.

I shall now carry my sword with me into the wilderness and fall on it, ending my shame and taking what honor I have left... to the grave..:rip

:D

JSA
01-15-2007, 09:20 PM
:fireworks

Darth Caedus
01-15-2007, 09:22 PM
And you should be.

Funny, I was about to say the SAME THING. DA, you gotta catch 24, amazing show, nothing like it on TV.

Darklord Dave
01-16-2007, 12:08 AM
It wasn't until Season 4 that I really got into the show, but tonight was just amazing.

Thank the maker for Tivo - it's up against Heroes next week...

tomandshell
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I noticed earlier that Curtis was not part of the regular cast for the season, but was just listed as a guest star. So I was prepared for a brief visit from him this season.

I was really hoping that the dad who had to deliver the package wouldn't get shot. I guess my wish was granted!!

lcummins
01-16-2007, 12:17 AM
I noticed earlier that Curtis was not part of the regular cast for the season, but was just listed as a guest star. So I was prepared for a brief visit from him this season.

I was really hoping that the dad who had to deliver the package wouldn't get shot. I guess my wish was granted!!

. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Giant Chicken
01-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Well... I guess that was a pretty big ending... Curtis alone would have been a big ending but to have several blocks of L.A. go up....

I thought it was cool to see Jack break down... they have done a pretty good job in reminding us that he is human.

Can't wait for next week, not only do we get a new episode of 24 but Prison Break is back.

tomandshell
01-16-2007, 01:13 AM
For the record, my wife believe that Assad is still really a bad guy, and getting him in with CTU (and pardoned by the president!) was all part of the plan.

dekadentdave
01-16-2007, 01:22 AM
For the record, my wife believe that Assad is still really a bad guy, and getting him in with CTU (and pardoned by the president!) was all part of the plan.

And that's the next big plot twist and the irony will be on Jack's conscience that he killed Curtis for nothing and Curtis was right about Assad all along. Why do all of the cool characters on the show have to die? We lost Tony and Michelle and Edgar and Mason and Lynn. They need to get rid of Morris and Milo.

Oh and for the record, the title of the thread should actually be 24... tick tock...tick tock...tick tock...

tomandshell
01-16-2007, 01:41 AM
And that's the next big plot twist and the irony will be on Jack's conscience that he killed Curtis for nothing and Curtis was right about Assad all along.

Exactly.

She was already thinking this before Jack shot Curtis, but it made even more sense dramatically after that happened. They like to add stress, guilt, pressure and regret into his already crazy days at work. Having Jack find out that Curtis was right would add more weight to his lack of confidence this season.

But who knows what will happen...

Anyway, how long until we see Jack's dad?

dekadentdave
01-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Anyway, how long until we see Jack's dad?

You mean Donald or Chuck? :lol

Darth Caedus
01-16-2007, 09:04 AM
You mean Donald or Chuck? :lol

It's a popular belief that Jack Bauer is so bada$$ that the only person capable of producing such a bada$$ child would be nonother than chuck norris himself. If these two were to meet in the same room at the same time, with such bada$$ness in one room, the world would implode. So I don't think we will be seeing them together anytime soon...

Boba Fett
01-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Is there a site somewhere where I can catch past episodes or at least give a summary? I was gone Sunday night and missed the first two episodes.

At least I caught last night's. Dayum!

Bye, bye L.A. and bye, bye Sideshow...

lcummins
01-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Is there a site somewhere where I can catch past episodes or at least give a summary? I was gone Sunday night and missed the first two episodes.

At least I caught last night's. Dayum!

Bye, bye L.A. and bye, bye Sideshow...

Oh Crap!!! Forgot about Sideshow!!! We can only hope they were far enough away! If not, at least it took care of the Zombie problem... :rotfl

Darth Caedus
01-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh Crap!!! Forgot about Sideshow!!! We can only hope they were far enough away! If not, at least it took care of the Zombie problem... :rotfl

Nuclear Bomb, I think it just CREATED a zombie problem....:lol :lol

lcummins
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Nuclear Bomb, I think it just CREATED a zombie problem....:lol :lol

Hmmm??? Radioactive Dead line... could be!!!

Darth Caedus
01-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Hmmm??? Radioactive Dead line... could be!!!

I think that the only thing Jack Bauer HASN'T killed would be the undead, so I think they're next...

lcummins
01-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I think that the only thing Jack Bauer HASN'T killed would be the undead, so I think they're next...

Now that's a trivia question!!! A) How many people has Jack Bauer killed? B) How many ways has he killed someone? :D

Bannister
01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Now that's a trivia question!!! A) How many people has Jack Bauer killed? B) How many ways has he killed someone? :D
I'm pretty sure there is a site somewhere. I know on dvdtalk, they usually keep a yearly kill count.:rotfl

Darth Caedus
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a site somewhere. I know on dvdtalk, they usually keep a yearly kill count.:rotfl

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

It must be in the millions by now, year 6...

LOTRFan
01-16-2007, 11:01 AM

:lol :rotfl :lol

Poor Dusty (and that name is now sadly ironic too :monkey2 ).

ChrisfromSideshow
01-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Sideshow is okay - its like 40 miles away - what is REALLY funny is the bomb went off where I used to live out there! Newhall and Valencia. Such a nice place up there - oh well

Gruson
01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
WOW....just WOW.

I am still in shock over last night.

Darklord Dave
01-16-2007, 09:40 PM
It's funny but I've been discussing it with co-workers and some are saying it's over the top. One guy who's never watched the show saw last night's and thought it was boring - then I found out he fell asleep before the last 15 minutes.

I too believe Assad will be revealed as evil. But they've done that a lot of times, so maybe he'll then be revealed to be sincere.

dekadentdave
01-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I too believe Assad will be revealed as evil. But they've done that a lot of times, so maybe he'll then be revealed to be sincere.

Assad personally beheaded Curtis' batallion. Now you're saying he's a nice guy?!?!? :rotfl

I think not.

Darth Caedus
01-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Assad personally beheaded Curtis' batallion. Now you're saying he's a nice guy?!?!? :rotfl

I think not.

I hope they don't make him two-faced. Keep him still wanting peace. Chaning him and having him like a decoy is too predicatble for a show like 24 (who have done that every season). HOW CAN YOU FALL ASLEEP DURING 24? That's like falling asleep in a car that is tumbling down a hill....certainly not possible IMO.

dekadentdave
01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Curtis was right. Jack killed him for nothing. I am sad we won't be getting any Black Bauer anymore. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Darklord Dave
01-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I was really hoping that the dad who had to deliver the package wouldn't get shot.

Actually I thought I saw him get hit in the first exchange of the raid? They shot him and THEN blew him up...

tomandshell
01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
He was still alive and shouting "no" or "stop" right before the button got pushed.

dekadentdave
01-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Actually I thought I saw him get hit in the first exchange of the raid? They shot him and THEN blew him up...

Like you thought there was no Kurgan armor made? :lol :lol :lol

Dave, I do believe your memory is exhibiting the first signs of alzheimers. :rotfl

Darth Caedus
01-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Like you thought there was no Kurgan armor made? :lol :lol :lol

Dave, I do believe your memory is exhibiting the first signs of alzheimers. :rotfl

To you earlier post, It's funny, my friends and I all called Curtis Black Bauer. :rotfl :rotfl And for the alzheimers, the only cure is

http://rmccown.org/images/fark/MTG_MoreCowbell.jpg

carbo-fation
01-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I really need to get on board with 24. Haven't seen any full episodes since Season 2.

Darth Caedus
01-17-2007, 10:02 AM
I really need to get on board with 24. Haven't seen any full episodes since Season 2.

You should be ashamed of yourself, you really should.

carbo-fation
01-17-2007, 10:04 AM
You should be ashamed of yourself, you really should.

:monkey2 I know! Guess I am going to have to buy the DVD sets!

LOTRFan
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM

The "dad/family" part of the show so far has been easily the weakest ... who wouldn't call the cops, FBI, or the like!? The country is on it's highest alert, of course any threat would be taken very seriously.

That somewhat bothered me. :maul

Darklord Dave
02-14-2007, 12:52 AM
How'd the 24 thread fall to page 7?

So - who's more evil - Osama bin Laden or Jack's dad?

That'll do Graem!

tomandshell
02-14-2007, 01:00 AM
I really didn't want Jack's dad to be a villain.

But that is going to make this season really personal for him.

:cool:

Darth Caedus
02-14-2007, 01:48 AM
I really didn't want Jack's dad to be a villain.

But that is going to make this season really personal for him.

:cool:

Yea, I think that is the main plot point of the season for jack. He doesn't want to join CTU, then he does and finds out that his family is responsible for everything. talk about a crappy way to come back.

Giant Chicken
02-14-2007, 06:49 PM
I wish Jacks brother had been introduced (as his brother) earlier. Everything with Jacks brother and dad was so predictable and it happened so fast that I don't really care. I feel that 24 has definatley lost its edge. They have run out of characters to kill and now they have to introduce new characters every other episode so that they can be killed as well.

Darth Caedus
02-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I wish Jacks brother had been introduced (as his brother) earlier. Everything with Jacks brother and dad was so predictable and it happened so fast that I don't really care. I feel that 24 has definatley lost its edge. They have run out of characters to kill and now they have to introduce new characters every other episode so that they can be killed as well.

Well, I thought it was a HUGE suprise to find out that one of villans from last season ended up being Jack's brother. I thought that was great.

Giant Chicken
02-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, I thought it was a HUGE suprise to find out that one of villans from last season ended up being Jack's brother. I thought that was great.

Ya, From that aspect it was cool, but ... They should have kept the brother around for longer than 4 episodes!

Also, I understand why Jacks Dad killed the brother but it is still hard to believe that a father could kill their son so easily. The father also tried to blow up Jack in the empty house. Who kills both of their sons in just 3 hours??

Darth Caedus
02-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Ya, From that aspect it was cool, but ... They should have kept the brother around for longer than 4 episodes!

Also, I understand why Jacks Dad killed the brother but it is still hard to believe that a father could kill their son so easily. The father also tried to blow up Jack in the empty house. Who kills both of their sons in just 3 hours??

...and possibly kill their grandson as well

pjam
02-14-2007, 09:22 PM
This family plot device is really not 24ish to me, don't know why they plugged it in but it took me away from the vibe. I heard Kiefer hung around all summer when the writers were plotting, wouldn't be surprised if He had something to do with it, but it doesn't work for me, especially springing Paul McCrane as Jack's brother... no, never blindside the audience with stuff like that, that was obviously conceived recently... and if Jack was to have a Dad I REALLY WISH IT WAS HIS DAD Donald... probably asked and rejected...

But this weeks 2-parter really got things back on track IMO.

Bannister
02-14-2007, 09:31 PM
This family plot device is really not 24ish to me, don't know why they plugged it in but it took me away from the vibe. I heard Kiefer hung around all summer when the writers were plotting, wouldn't be surprised if He had something to do with it, but it doesn't work for me, especially springing Paul McCrane as Jack's brother... no, never blindside the audience with stuff like that, that was obviously conceived recently... and if Jack was to have a Dad I REALLY WISH IT WAS HIS DAD Donald... probably asked and rejected...

But this weeks 2-parter really got things back on track IMO.
I think i read somewhere that Donald was asked but was busy.

Gruson
02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Correct,

Donald could have done it but rejected the offer.

Oh well.

That said, 24 is still 24 and awesome as usual.

Monday is the best day of the week for me. :)

Nonstop, edge of your seat action. Love it.

Darklord Dave
02-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Yea, I have to say I'd never thought Monday would be the best night of TV. How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, 24, Heroes, Studio 60...

Bannister
02-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Yea, I have to say I'd never thought Monday would be the best night of TV. How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, 24, Heroes, Studio 60...
:rock:rock:rock

Giant Chicken
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Those great shows seem to keep my life in motion...

They give me things to look forward to through the week.

Monday=Prison Break, 24
Tuesday = BOWLING NIGHT (leauge)
Wednesday = Lost
Thursday = The Office, BOWLING NIGHT (for fun)
Friday = Friday
Saturday = Saturday
Sunday = HBO shows (Rome, Sopranos, Entourage, Deadwood)

I know it sounds lame but sometimes its what keeps me going. :D

gabberjawa
02-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I do:

Monday: 24
Tuesday: To Catch A Predator ("why don't you have a seat, sir...")
Wednesday: Rome (catch it on demand, at my leisure)
Thursday: The Office (optional)

Fri - Sun: free

LOTRFan
02-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Tuesday: To Catch A Predator ("why don't you have a seat, sir...")

:rock I can't get enough of that show ... is that a bad thing!? :google

I think this season is strong, but after season five anything was bound to be slightly dissappointing.

Darth Caedus
02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
UHHHHH, was it good night. Right when former president logan answered jack's call, i wa on the edge of my seat. can't wait until next week.

Giant Chicken
02-19-2007, 11:34 PM
I am sad to say that I am totally over 24...

The story and characters are good this year but I simply feel that the show has lost its shock value. I was completely bored through tonight's episode. Jack has done it all and seen it all and so has the audience.

I watch the show every week with 4 other 24 fans and they seem to be losing intrest as well. (Not as much as me though)

Darth Caedus
02-19-2007, 11:37 PM
I am sad to say that I am totally over 24...

The story and characters are good this year but I simply feel that the show has lost its shock value. I was completely bored through tonight's episode. Jack has done it all and seen it all and so has the audience.

I watch the show every week with 4 other 24 fans and they seem to be losing intrest as well. (Not as much as me though)

Jack Bauer should hunt you down for those words. :chew :chew I can see your points, how many times does jack go around yelling, screaming things like "millions of lives are at stake", and shooting the bad guys. If you think of the show, not in an individual episode viewpoint, but on the whole season/day viewpoint the show doesn't get boring. I personally loved the angle with jack's family entering the picture. bringing some more depth to jack's character which the season has sorely lacked (i'm forgetting his daughter and her cougar problem).

Giant Chicken
02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Don't get me wrong... I am grateful for 24. I have seen the show from the beginning. I am just not as into the plots without my favorite faces... Tony, David Palmer, Chase, and George Mason ect. Jack is basically the only man standing from the original pilot episode.

If I were a fan who jumped on the 24 bandwagon in the 4th, 5th, or 6th seasons I would be loving it right now. I feel that over the past six years the writers are forced to reuse material.

We also need to be forgiving of Terri's memory loss, Chloe's babysitting, and Erin's mentally ill daughter.

Gruson
02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I still LOVE it. The last two episodes have been some of the best ever.

LOTRFan
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Nice, a bearded Logan! :rock

It is hard to compare this season with the last however, it was just so good. :cool:

Darklord Dave
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Bringing back Logan is a masterstroke - I can't wait to see what they do with him. I also like Peter Macnicol's character - he's a slimy little bastard, but seems to try to do the right thing.

Agent23
02-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I still LOVE it. The last two episodes have been some of the best ever.

I agree with you 110% Jeff.

:)

Darklord Dave
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Anyone catch the recent New Yorker article about how young military officers are believing that torture works thanks to Jack?

Also I never knew that stuff about the showrunner Surnow - he wants to make a film where Joseph McCarthy is a hero, cause that's what he actually believes.

Giant Chicken
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I was once again unimpressed with this weeks episode...

This week consisted of ...

1)Morris/Chloe CTU drama (lame - Some form of this is in EVERY season)
2)The white house "removing" the Pres. so that the VP can take over (Already done in season 2)
3)Palmer loyalist locked in a room keeping him from warning the Pres. (Already done in season 2)
4) Jack reuniting with a former enemy and is now working side by side with him (Already done in season 3)

Maybe I should stop my whinning and give up the show already...

Buttmunch
02-28-2007, 08:20 PM
OK, I just have to chime in here. In January I started watching 24 for the first time. I obviously started with Day 1. For the past two months I've watched all 5 days and now I've seen the first 6 episodes of day 6. Just a few more to go and I'm caught up! So needless to say I haven't read past page 3 or so of this thread to stay as spoiler free as long as I have. :lol

I must say this season opener was great. I loved that Hannibal/Vampire kill in the first episode. The funny thing is I never even think about Sideshow during 24 (except thinking how cool a Sideshow Bauer would be) so when the nuke went off that didn't come to my mind. I HAVE thought "what if" there was a 24 season where a highly contagious virus was released on the Saturday day of SDCC! :o That could cause some serious damage!

So for now, I won't pop back in until I fully catch up... which will likely be this weekend :lol

KrisSolo
03-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Have to agree with others here. I don't know if it's post-season 5 blues, but this season seems to be lacking something. The whole Jack's dad aspect just didn't cut it with me, and I wish they'd have kept his brother alive and still dealing in death. I prefered the whole 'secret rulers of the world' vibe they had with him in season 5 - a little disappointed they squandered it so quickly this time around. I just hope something major and unforeseen happens soon. I mean, the season opening was fantastic but since then it's just been dragging along IMO.

tomandshell
03-01-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm still having a hard time accepting Wayne as President. And I agree that Jack's brother's character was wasted and used up far too soon. So much of what we have seen this season is recycled from previous years. Things started off interestingly with an insecure Jack second guessing himself, but they seem to have gotten right back into the routine fairly quickly. I just thought that the whole setup with China and his abduction was a big cliffhanger that built up to nothing. There was no purpose or big payoff. I was expecting a really "out of the box" season, perhaps with Jack on the loose in China working solo all season while in contact with CTU only by phone. Instead we are back to business as usual, with season two's political maneuvering and nuclear threats in particular being dusted off and put back out there as something fresh. I'm still watching and enjoying it for what it is, but after last year's finale, I was expecting this season to be something really extraordinary and groundbreaking. If Morris keeps feeling guilty and goes on to redeem himself by sacrificing himself when one of the nukes can't be disarmed, I might just pop in the DVD of season two where George Mason did the same thing.

LOTRFan
03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
It is very hard to compare with how good seasons four and five were, the CTU drama is what bothers me most of all.

It would appear that Jack is headed for the "Chinese" scenario yet again, he is about to storm the Russian embassy and cut off a few of Denethor's fingers! :horror

Darth Caedus
03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
It is very hard to compare with how good seasons four and five were, the CTU drama is what bothers me most of all.

It would appear that Jack is headed for the "Chinese" scenario yet again, he is about to storm the Russian embassy and cut off a few of Denethor's fingers! :horror

Yea, poor denethor, just cant catch a break. I have no problem with him being Jack Baured. You would think that after all this, people would believe him and trust but, but alas, they don't. I think Jack needs to go to the president, yell "THOUSANDS OF LIVES ARE AT STAKE" and then torture him jack bauer style...

Buttmunch
03-04-2007, 12:09 AM
OK, just finally caught up! What a ride! :lol

This season had an incrediable opening, but now it does seem to be recyling a bit too much from past seasons. But afterall, how many "major" terrorist threats can they come up with? The only thing they haven't done yet is have a hijacked plane run into a big building - and they haven't done that for obvious reasons. I just wish they would have different terrorists besides the Russians and Middle Easterns.

It was too bad that Donald couldn't play Jack's Dad, but Cromwell is doing great. Getting sick of Chole and Morris though. Logan sure is differnt this season. All, in all, I can't wait to see where this season is going to go. My mother keeps thinking that Josh Bauer will end up being Jack's son instead of his brother's.

So the big current question is will Palmer live and how many fingers will the Russian guy lose?

tomandshell
03-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I thought Karen was going to show up in L.A. tonight after resigning several hours ago. Hasn't she been gone long enough to have made the flight back? That surprised me.

Poor Denethor and his little finger...

This episode was so-so, but I am really looking forward to seeing Martha Logan next week, and was happy to see that she has apparently hooked up with Aaron Pierce after all.

Remember that other season where the President was injured and the V.P. took over? This episode kind of reminded me of that.

Just a little...

Giant Chicken
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Remember that other season where the President was injured and the V.P. took over? This episode kind of reminded me of that.

Just a little...

And in season two Pres. Palmer was booted from office allowing the V.P. to take over.

So in SIX seasons the V.P. has taken over THREE times. (All of the even seasons: 2,4, and 6)

Giant Chicken
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Oops... I posted twice

Giant Chicken
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM
What the heck??!! I guess I pressed the POST button 3 times?!?!?

tomandshell
03-06-2007, 12:33 AM
You must really be trying to pad your post count. Try this instead:

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

LOTRFan
03-06-2007, 11:16 AM
...but I am really looking forward to seeing Martha Logan next week, and was happy to see that she has apparently hooked up with Aaron Pierce after all.

:clap Agreed! Though I still miss Mike Novak - I hope they weave him in somehow.

Last night was a much better episode than the past few weeks, the CTU drama was at a minimum. :cool:

Buttmunch
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm glad to see that Aaron "the Man" Pierce is back! :rock He is my favorite character besides Jack. I was so worried he was going to kick the bucket last season. Looks like he and Martha (what an original First Lady name :rolleyes: ) got together.

I was sad Denathor didn't lose any more fingers than he did. :monkey2

Darklord Dave
03-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Jack invades the embassy of a foreign power....check

There's an attempt on the President's life...check

The Chief Executive is an evil bastard...check

Where's the cougar?:rolleyes:

Hopefully there will be some twists. It will be good to see Jean Smart and her illicit Secret Service love next week, but the whole thing is feeling familiar.

Giant Chicken
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Well... what did you think of tonights episode???

Jack escaped from the Russians

The next nuke is ready to roll

The VP really wants to go to war

and Martha stuck a knife in Charles

First of all... I could not believe some of the CHEESY dialoge in tonights episode. When the VP was asked to prove that the bombs came from the Middle East he said..."Becasue I said so..." My whole house hold started laughing.

I was bummed to see that Aaron Peirce ended up with a freaking NUT CASE. Martha was completely wacko (scientific term). Not only did she throw a kiwi on the former Presidents nice suit but she stabbed him with a steak knife. Aaron was affraid that she would get "riled up" and he was right.

I am still far from satisfied this season... but I will stop my complaining...until next week:rolleyes:

tomandshell
03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Looks like war!!!

gideon
03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Seeing that utter slimeball former Pres get stabbed by his former doormat made the season for me. Up until last night I thought things were not as sharp as in former years. But seeing the weasel with a knife sticking out of his chest while his blood pumped out over his two thousand dollar suit was a true guilty pleasure. Also glad to see they did something neat with the Russian colsulate and not a repeat of China. John Noble plays a great person you love to hate.

LOTRFan
03-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Looks like war!!!

Indeed, and apparently it will be on two fronts. :google

superado
03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
It looks like they're setting up Ricky Schroder (the new field ops guy) as a heavy who will need some chastising real soon and I hope he and Jack mix it up.

Darklord Dave
03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Or they're setting up Rickie to be the new Jack and they'll kill off Keifer this season. Now that would be a twist.

Bannister
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Or they're setting up Rickie to be the new Jack and they'll kill off Keifer this season. Now that would be a twist.
If they do that, the show is dead.

tomandshell
03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Also glad to see they did something neat with the Russian colsulate and not a repeat of China. John Noble plays a great person you love to hate.

I was bummed when he got shot. They totally missed a perfect opportunity to have him douse himself with oil and set himself on fire and run screaming down the length of the consulate and jump out a window and plummet to the ground far below.

Bannister
03-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I was bummed when he got shot. They totally missed a perfect opportunity to have him douse himself with oil and set himself on fire and run screaming down the length of the consulate and jump out a window and plummet to the ground far below.
:lol :lol :lol

Buttmunch
03-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Real nice of them letting us know what happened to Logan! :rolleyes: I mean we got a cliffhanger ending out of it last episode and they don't even mention it this episode. Did he die? That was just stupid.

Giant Chicken
03-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Real nice of them letting us know what happened to Logan! :rolleyes: I mean we got a cliffhanger ending out of it last episode and they don't even mention it this episode. Did he die? That was just stupid.

I thought the same thing. The actor has signed on to star in a new pilot for next year so I figured they would have his character exit this year. I hope last week was not his "exit" though... that would be dumb.

Even thought I really liked Audry I thought it was neat how they killed her in the off season. 24 has never done that before and it was a twist that caught me by surprise.

The Milo/Nadia drama was more intresting than the usual CTU drama... is Milo the mastermind???

And I think it is completley retarded that Jack and his sister-in-law are already hinting at the idea of a relationship.

Question: How can waking up Pres. Palmer help the war situation? I thought if a Pres. was unfit for office the V.P. would take over until the Pres. was fit to be back. I dont think his decision could change what the new Pres. was doing... Am I wrong???

Darklord Dave
03-19-2007, 11:09 PM
I thought Logan died at the end of the last episode? I think I remember that anyway.

And YAY! Audry's dead! I hated her worse than any of Jack's other wives or girlfriends. But I'm betting she's not dead. They've been setting him up with Rena Sofer since her character was introduced - it's not coming out of the blue.

And here's another familiar theme - a bad apple at CTU - can they not come up with a new twist, please? Of course it's not the muslim though - it's the guy with the goatee - has to be.

(goatee's are evil.)

Buttmunch
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought Logan died at the end of the last episode? I think I remember that anyway.

And YAY! Audry's dead! I hated her worse than any of Jack's other wives or girlfriends. But I'm betting she's not dead. They've been setting him up with Rena Sofer since her character was introduced - it's not coming out of the blue.

And here's another familiar theme - a bad apple at CTU - can they not come up with a new twist, please? Of course it's not the muslim though - it's the guy with the goatee - has to be.

(goatee's are evil.)

Well he flatlined in the ambulance at the end, but there was no confirmation they weren't able to save him or if he did in fact die.

I think Audry is just "Jack dead" and not really dead. Perhaps she was who they traded to get Jack back?

LOTRFan
03-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Every season has had the "beyond believability" moment, last night was this season's.

:horror

Does anyone find the VP plausible, at all?! :google

tomandshell
03-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Bill Buchanan: "Mr. Vice-President, I am happy to report that we successfully prevented the detonation of the nuclear weapon. There was only a minor radiation leak resulting from the crash landing of the drone in an unpopulated industrial area."

Vice-President Daniels: "Ah! So what we've got here is a dirty bomb. Launch the counterattack!"

Audiences across the country: "Oh, come on..."

carbo-fation
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, the VP from 24 has one thing in common with our VP, both are...... Anybody want to take a stab at it!:D

Giant Chicken
03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
So.... Pres. Palmer is suppose to stay in a comma for several days to let the swelling in his brain go down. They wake him up and with in seconds he is the acting Pres. again.... sure.

gideon
03-27-2007, 06:00 AM
you would have thought they could have dragged that out over several weeks to make it more realistic ...

LOTRFan
03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Does anyone find the VP plausible, at all?! :google

No, LOTRFan I don't - and I always find your insights quite helpful.

:emperor

tomandshell
03-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I have a feeling that by the end of the season, Vice President Daniels will be dressed in a clown outfit and chasing people around with a hatchet. That would be slightly more plausible than his behavior so far.

carbo-fation
03-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I really hope they keep Wayne as President. It'll kind of suck killing of another Palmer in the series.

Giant Chicken
04-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Another lousy week... Jack was only in the episode for about 15 min.

The two things I did like were Gradenko cutting off his arm (only becuase I siad it out lous the second they but the tracker in his arm.).

I also liked Gradenkos death (?) under the peir. I honestly thought it was one of the coolest shots that 24 has ever done. It was very peacful.

Now that I praised the show I can say that the rest was crap.

gideon
04-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Giant Chicken - I had the same reaction with the arm and told my wife that they would find it .... so that was telegraphed a mile away. Regarding the "death" of Gradenko .... we saw him fall and bleed among the waves, but maybe there is a chance he can return in a year or two having been saved off camera. That would not shock me if they did that. Maybe outfit him with a robotic arm that spasmodically gave the Heil Hitler salute at inappropriate moments --- ooops - wrong movie.

I love how everybody on this show can so easilly take pain that would disable most people. They shove a thick needle into the arm bone of the Russian and he simply winces. They cut off his arm and he is walking around seconds later. These people are tough as nails. Or modeled after comic books.

KrisSolo
04-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Worst. Episode. Ever.

I can suspend my disbelief but this season's lost the plot. I don't think they even know where this train wreck's heading... It's simply so unbelievable that I really don't care anymore. Maybe Rosanne Barr pops up from behind a hedge, eats the last remaining nucs, farts and leaves while Jack runs around screaming 'has anyone seen my personality this year?' at the top of his voice.

Hop, skipped AND jumped the shark (whilst riding a unicycle backwards playing a flute. Badly).

LOTRFan
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Giant Chicken - I had the same reaction with the arm and told my wife that they would find it .... so that was telegraphed a mile away.

I thought they telegraphed at least two moments:

1) The replacement for Fayad, just the fact that one of his lackeys asked what to do if he doesn't come back seemed like a giveaway

2) The "this is how the tracker works" speech given by the CTU agent

It was a laughably bad episode .... adrenalize!

http://www.adrenalizerocks.com/DB_Images/gigs/Aband_2004/Adrenalize_BandShot_splash.jpg

Darklord Dave
04-04-2007, 11:57 AM
It has been much weaker this year, but I don't think as bad as some are saying. Wayne jumping up and getting adrenalized is kind of bad, and still ordering the nuclear strike makes NO sense (maybe they'll explain it next week).

I do miss Jack though.

Gruson
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
It's still a good show but not what it used to be.

After watching Prison Break season 1 on DVD, I feel it has the excitement that 24 used to have.

This season, compared to others, is lacking for sure. I think a lot of it has to do with the characters. It was a much better show IMO when Tony, President David Palmer, Michelle, etc were in it. Plus, the bad guys are not one bit interesting...yawn.

Wayne as the President is also a joke.

Oh well, I will still always watch it.

I do love Powers Boothe VP character though. He is the savior of this season IMO.

Giant Chicken
04-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Well as a regular 24 complainer I must say that I liked this episode a lot better than the past 5-10 episodes.

Here is the rundown...

1) Pres. Palmer pulled a fast one on everyone with the fake nuke!

2) Pres. Palmer wants "other country" to threaten terriost families (done in season 2).

3) CTU set up a Fayid rescue (kind of cool, but the accident seemed pretty dangerous for just a set up)

4) Jack took out the entire terrorist group all by himself (like in season 1) but I thought it was still pretty cool.

5) Audrey is still alive (they did not keep that secret too long).

6) Jack saved the day (it appears) and the show seems to be focused on his personal life (like it should have done the entire season!).

I hope the remaining episodes are about Jack and Audrey.

Darklord Dave
04-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow, I have to disagree - this show is getting really OUT there.

Shark meet Jack - Jack, Shark.

-Palmer was BLUFFING!!!!! Yah, right.

-Arab speaking CTU agents are the new red shirts. I knew it was a set-up from the start and knew these guys were dead from the start.

-Jack jumps 20 terrorists and takes them out - IT'S SUPER JACK!

-Oh crap! We have 5 episodes to go and he found the nukes! What do we do? Ah hah! No one expects the Chinese!!

Bannister
04-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Ricky Shroder looks around the room. "Damn Jack.":rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Giant Chicken
04-10-2007, 01:01 AM
-Palmer was BLUFFING!!!!! Yah, right.

-Jack jumps 20 terrorists and takes them out - IT'S SUPER JACK!

- I do agree that Palmer not telling anyone on his staff that it was a fake was ridiculous.

-Jack has Always! been Super Jack!

Season one: Killed all terrorists at the end by himself.
Season two: DIED!!! Came back to life.. Saved the day!
Season three: Overcame heroin addiction in the matter of hours.
Season four: Stopped his heart for several minutes... Came Back!!!
Season five: Captured by the Chinese and endured torture for 18 months.
Season six: Escaped from terrorists by biting a guys throat and then took out all terrorists by himself again!

On top of that Jack has been captured every season and has managed his own escape and has killed 114 people in days 1-5.

gideon
04-17-2007, 04:58 AM
Well at least the made some type of connection between the last 17 weeks with the nukes and the Chinese. How did the Chinese get Jacks cell phone number? Gotta say that I feel Jack is totally in the wrong on this saving Audrey thing. It is simply way too risky for the nation and a president would never have okayed such a thing. The VP is a creep but I was ahppy to see him withdraw the authorization for the operation.

Was that Wayne in the previews? Some cerebral hemmorage. Maybe it was a ruse... but why?

Gruson
04-17-2007, 09:16 AM
While Jack may have been risking too much, I thought it was an awesome episode. The last two eps have finally felt like 24 again.

LOTRFan
04-17-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree, for all the show's unbelievable, "not on this planet" moments - we are finally back where it should be.

Giant Chicken
04-23-2007, 11:58 PM
hmm.... this is not the first time Jack's love intrest did not remember him.

The Chloe drama is unbearable... and I have a feeling that the Muslim girl at CTU is still bad because they never found the mole.

Only 5 hours left in this aweful day.

Darklord Dave
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
There wasn't a mole at CTU, Fayed's guy hacked in through her computer. And the Bill Buchanan thing seems really dumb. Really not feeling this season - but of course I'll continue to watch...

LOTRFan
04-24-2007, 11:46 AM
So did anyone NOT think that Chang would get the chip? :confused:

gideon
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
That was one of things that had BAD IDEA stamped in fifty foot neon letters right about Jacks head the minute he proposed it. When will they learn that if things can go wrong, they will go wrong.

Natrix
04-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I was really hoping at the end of last season that this season would have Jack on his own trying to escape China. It would have been something refreshingly different than following the same old terrorist plots and trying to top itself with twists every year. It is just getting way too contrived and you can usually see how every episode is going to play out with the bad guy getting away multiple times, mostly incompetent field agents except for Jack, moles, etc.

It is funny that on Conan O Brien before the season started, Conan and Keifer were joking about the daughter/cougar subplot from a couple years ago but this season has had just as crappy/laughable little subplots.

It just isn't must see TV for me anymore.

KrisSolo
04-25-2007, 02:39 AM
That was one BORING episode...

There is no tension in this season anymore. Do I care that Billy Bob Wrinkle-face got screwed over? No. Do I give a damn whether Chloe and manbag Maurice resolve their marriage difficulties? No. I thought this was 24, not some lame amalgamation of the West Wing and Desperate Housewives...

Jack's simply one-dimensional, and yes - I couldn't care less about saving Audrey, manic Chinamen and psuedo-next-gen circuit boards that supposedly contain the secret of Life, the Universe and Everything. How come a bunch of meagre-funded terrorists can get ahold of FOUR freaking nukes, each with the magical component's inside, yet China - the hottest and fastest growing econmy on Earth - has to trade long-lost girlfriends for said electronics? Me thinky this no addy up, no?

I shall, of course, watch till the end now, but unless something plausibly dramatic happens within the next 5 episodes, this season will go down in history as the worst 24 hours spent of MY life.

EVER.

Giant Chicken
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Well I thought this episode had some ups and downs... once again the creators are throwing a whole new problem in the mix for the final hours of the season.

I could care less about Chloe... I first thought that Morris would commit suicide but now that Chloe has gone missing maybe she will do the unthinkable....

The Jack/Audry/Sec. Heller drama was also unintresting to me. I don't know how many times I have heard Jack say that he is the only person that can do something.

I did, however, like the President/spy story. (even though their have been White House traitors before.) Something I missed though... If Lisa is not bad was she getting down and dirty with the V.P. to climb the latter???

only 4 hours left...

Gruson
05-01-2007, 05:11 AM
I actually really enjoyed last night's episode.

It went by really quick.

gideon
05-01-2007, 06:06 AM
I agree with Krissolo that the show is getting way too soapy for my tastes. If you were in the middle of a world crisis for a short period of time don't you think you could put your sex life, mental inadequacies, personality disfunctions and just general *****iness on the shelf for a few hours? I mean the world hangs in the balance and these folks are worried about really petty personal crap. That drives me crazy.

LOTRFan
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
The episode certainly did move quickly, but not for the better. :emperor

Giant Chicken
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Wow... Last weeks episode was so exciting that everyone here forgot to talk about it...:lol

and then there was tonights episode...

Just curious to see what you guys think of this season now that it is 22 hours over...?

KrisSolo
05-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Personally, so far I think it's been about 22 hours too long...

captain sack
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Just curious to see what you guys think of this season now that it is 22 hours over...?

i can't wait for it to end. and that hurts to say, cause i think seasons 1-5 were some of the best television i've ever seen.

this season seems to be a rehash of previous seasons and it's getting hard to resist the temptation to switch over to Heroes.

they've got to get jack out of LA next year. i'd really like to see a prequal or something based on jack's delta force days.

LOTRFan
05-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Jack on Mustafaar. :cool:

Gruson
05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I am telling you, they should have never killed off Tony.

This season is ok but nothing compared to seasons 1-5.

Heroes is a better show for sure compared to this season.

Darth Caedus
05-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I am telling you, they should have never killed off Tony.

This season is ok but nothing compared to seasons 1-5.

Heroes is a better show for sure compared to this season.

yea, I liked tony. first they kill off him, palmer, michelle, black bauer and milo this season. i'm suprised anybody even wants to work for CTU.

gideon
05-17-2007, 04:41 AM
Gruson is correct - HEROES is a better show this season than 24. I would also place several other shows over the quality of 24. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS is simply the best thing on TV. When LOST is good - which is not every week - it is very good. The LAW AND ORDER CI show can be amazing when Vincent D'Onofrio holds court as he did with the excellent show this week.

24 is falling behind the curve. I would not look for any EMMY awards this season. They should shake up the format for next season to get some sparks back. This season had very few true dramatic cliffhangers that had you waiting all week for the next episode.

Darklord Dave
05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
So 24 was picked up for 2 more seasons and will most likely end at that point. The producers promise to "reinvent" the show. I thought S. 5 was the best ever and this season has rivaled cougar Kim for lameness, but I'm a fan and look forward to what changes they can make.

LOTRFan
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
So 24 was picked up for 2 more seasons and will most likely end at that point. The producers promise to "reinvent" the show. I thought S. 5 was the best ever and this season has rivaled cougar Kim for lameness, but I'm a fan and look forward to what changes they can make.

Hmm, only two, I thought I read some time ago that it was more like 3 or 4 --- this is actually a good thing I think.

gideon
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I think Sutherlands contract calls for two more seasons and one 24 feature film.

Agent23
05-18-2007, 07:24 PM
The artical was actually on CNN the other day. They just inked 2 more seasons of 24. And, they plan on "re-inventing" the show next season, and I guess it won't take place in L.A.

I still love the show, but, this season has been the weakest in my opinion.

But, Jack Bauer still rules.

:rock

tomandshell
05-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only fan who thinks this is the worst season yet for this show. In fact, even with cougars and the rest, I think that all the previous seasons had enough good stuff going on to earn an overall thumbs up each time. This is really the first season, in my opinion, where the whole thing just doesn't add up to anything great--the first truly weak year of 24. I'm glad they decided to shake things up and try a new location next year--but it's a little frustrating, since they had the PERFECT opportunity to do just that with this year's setup. But instead of taking it to the next level after Jack's abduction, they dropped the ball with an unoriginal and repetitive season. I hope they learned their lesson and will make next year the best yet.

Giant Chicken
05-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Well... it's over.

Overall this season really sucked! 24 was the first t.v. show that I began watching religiously and now I feel like I am losing my religion. I thought that the oil platform action was pretty cool but I did not care about Jack's dad (who is probably still alive), Chole, Dead Milo, The V.P. and his Washington crew, or the Jack/Audrey drama... I felt that we had seriously seen 90% of this season before.

Season 6 of 24 can now be known as the "Greatest Hits" Season of 24.

Gruson
05-22-2007, 07:16 AM
This was the first season I was not on the edge of my seat for every episode.

The finale was ok but I was really expecting more.

Still a good show but not up to other seasons...not at all.

Let's hope they hire a better supporting cast next season because the show really needs better characters...like it used to have.

LOTRFan
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Let's hope they hire a better supporting cast next season because the show really needs better characters...like it used to have.

And this time I sure hope they don't kill them all off, or at least not all at once.

Palmer was a perfect Pres, they haven't really been able to recapture his magic - though Logan was the ideal weasel.

Darth Caedus
04-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Jack Bauer is headed to Africa after all!

You’ll recall the ORIGINAL original plan was to start season seven of "24" with an episode or two set in Africa before jumping in time and place to Washington, D.C.

Well, the writers’ strike has suddenly brought us back to that plan, sort of, with a two-hour TV-movie that takes the lead “24” character to the Dark Continent.

The “24” movie will air this autumn. Season seven, part of which was shot prior to the movie (and the strike), is slated to start airing January of next year, Screen Actors Guild permitting.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/29/apontv.24s.rookie.ap/index.html

Agent23
04-30-2008, 05:13 PM
I miss this show.

Another 6+ long months....at least.

:monkey2

tomandshell
05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
After season six, this show needed a little time off. Hopefully thye have had some time to recharge their creative batteries.

tomandshell
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
The two hour "prequel" they will be airing this fall apparently takes place in South Africa, and I have come across a spoiler image that shows Jack rescuing a captive Chloe from an enemy controlled underground lab hidden beneath a wild animal reserve. He was able to sneak in due to his clever disguise--some of the best makeup yet on the show:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8827/24prequelpf5.jpg

Buttmunch
05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
The two hour "prequel" they will be airing this fall apparently takes place in South Africa, and I have come across a spoiler image that shows Jack rescuing a captive Chloe from an enemy controlled underground lab hidden beneath a wild animal reserve. He was able to sneak in due to his clever disguise--some of the best makeup yet on the show:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8827/24prequelpf5.jpg

:rotfl Is that for real?

UTtoyfan
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
'24' is back tonight with that 2 hour movie! If it's good, I may get the DVD which is coming out Tuesday. :D

Who's ready for more Jack Bauer?

Oh, and I guess I want to ask if a mod wanted to move this to the 'Movies and Television' section since it was still in 'Other Topics' ? ;)

Buttmunch
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
The DVD has 20 minutes of season 7, so I will be renting if for sure!

Can't wait for this tonight!

DAMMIT!!!

Giant Chicken
11-23-2008, 05:07 PM
hmm... I swore at the end of season 6 I was finally finished with 24. But now that it has been a year and a half break I am finiding myself wanting to watch tonights movie.

I might just have to set my recorder. :)

LOTRFan
11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm ready, I missed hearing Jack Bauer constantly yelling. :cool:

Giant Chicken
11-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I have watched about 20 min. of the second hour and it seems really BORING.

I know I missed the first half of the movie so I could be totally off...

Also, I think 24 has killed off way too many people over the years and now when something dramatic happens to a character I just dont care.

Darth Caedus
11-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I dug the preview for the upcoming season when Jack was holding Tony by the throat on the wall...

Tell me or I'll kill you; and you'll stay dead this time

Frakking hilarious.

the 2 hour special was really just the set up for the next season

I take it Jon Voight is the big bad for the next season?

ZombieReign
11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Was that "24" or just a long commercial for Sprint, Hyundai, and Sisco Teleconferencing ?

Darklord Dave
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Was that "24" or just a long commercial for Sprint, Hyundai, and Sisco Teleconferencing ?

Don't forget Nextel.

I'm not a big fan of "issue" shows, and Jack didn't get to torture anybody. Although you hope he'll get a chance with that ambassador guy.

Gruson
11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I thought it rocked.

Good to have 24 back!

ZombieReign
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I thought it rocked.

Good to have 24 back!

Don't get me wrong .. I enjoyed it .. just thought that the product placement was a bit forced .. (i.e. Jack's super-bright Sprint logo front and center when he's sneaking through the jungle).

Should be a fun season.

Darth Caedus
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Just watched the rest of it that I recorded. Is Carly Pope a babe or what??? :date

316what
11-24-2008, 01:49 PM
the 2 hour special was really just the set up for the next season

I take it Jon Voight is the big bad for the next season?

He'll probably be the big bad for the first 1/3 of the season...since there's usually 1 for every 1/3 of each season.

UTtoyfan
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I dug the preview for the upcoming season when Jack was holding Tony by the throat on the wall...

Frakking hilarious.

Yeah, that was sweeet. Maybe he tortures Tony!?:horror

tomandshell
11-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I forgot to record it!!!

:banghead

LOTRFan
11-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Tony .... bad guy. :eek

Wor-Gar
11-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Thought it was boring. Glad they separated this from the rest of the actual show in January. I hope the next two-hours is less predictable and more interesting.

LOTRFan
11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
We can now see how great last season would have been if it were Jack's escape from China.

:lecture

Agent23
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I forgot to record it!!!

:banghead

Tom, it's coming out on DVD (tomorrow I think actually). The DVD also comes with the first 20 minutes of the new season coming up (I think).

I am gonna watch it tomorrow night after work.

Darklord Dave
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
So you think the producers are big fans of the UN peace keeping forces?

316what
11-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Tony .... bad guy. :eek

I'm guessing you either didn't see last season's finale or forgot about it.

Or maybe they're just big fans of the French.:lol

winter
11-25-2008, 06:41 AM

Is anyone a big fan of the UN peace keeping forces?

Darth Caedus
11-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Is anyone a big fan of the UN peace keeping forces?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The UN plays politics when deciding who to help or not. Guess that producers got that part right.

LOTRFan
11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm guessing you either didn't see last season's finale or forgot about it.

I did and I did, the last season was a bit of a mess; and it has been so long.

Catch me back up ..... :angelsmil

316what
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I did and I did, the last season was a bit of a mess; and it has been so long.

Catch me back up ..... :angelsmil

Can't recall the specifics, but the finale showed that Tony was still alive and was going to be one of the bad guys for this season.

Buttmunch
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Can't recall the specifics, but the finale showed that Tony was still alive and was going to be one of the bad guys for this season.

No, that was the preview for this season ... that we got last year.

JonnyReedie
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
because this thread is marked spoilers i will speak freely, but spoiler alert all the while...

i just watched the extended version of redemption, to be honest there much must added which was clearly noticeable, just small moments, one substantial scene they added was a good one between jack and benton talking about their past together, but i think some of it was in the original release, it was opened up alot more in this version, you also saw the aftermath of the landmine scene. but i didnt notice much new...

the season seven preview was brilliant, its 17 mins worth and it really does have me excited, it HALF explains why tony is back, but i guess we'll need to wait until january to truly find out how he survived, but i have my own theory.

there is also a documentary on child soliders on the dvd, with members of the cast reading out a diary in segments, tony starts, then the new president speaks, and then chloe read a bit! so we can safely assume she will be back in season 7 - cant remember her being in the initial preview.

Jack was back last night & tonight, thoughts & opinions?

I liked it the series needed a change

bagelsncheesey
01-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Jack was back last night & tonight, thoughts & opinions?

I liked it the series needed a change

With the way last season went, this season needed a big change... and from the looks of it, I think they got it right.

Agent23
01-12-2009, 09:50 AM
I watched it earlier. Loved it, Jack is Back! :rock

the show feels fresh, and I like the pace of it so far.

Tonight should be awesome!

Hulksmashed
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
the show feels fresh, and I like the pace of it so far.

As a newcomer to 24 this season I have to say I really enjoyed the movie and the season opener. The pace is great, however I don't get the "all in real time" feel from the show at all. To say that everything Jack did last night took place in 2 hours is a little far fetched to me.

So maybe someone can quickly prove me wrong/fill me in. Almeda's wife was killed by a rogue/corrupt government force run by a president. Jack can't believe Tony has gone terrorist which says a lot, although the lose of a wife/loved one can push almost anyone over the edge.

Is it possible, that Tony knows the US has been supplying the genocide dude with weapons and is trying to get on the inside track to figure out who, since the one thing that he would hate more then anything is corruption in the government. They also made a big deal about how Jack would do ANYTHING for the greater good, and that Tony and Jack have the same training/background/personality. After all, Tony could have easily let the two planes collide and sent an even stronger message.

Natrix
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I like Jack's character and all but I felt like I was watching Die Hard 2 and 4 mashed together.

LOTRFan
01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
In typical 24 fashion expect a LOT of twists and turns in the story -- very rarely do things work out as you first anticipate.

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Tony to actually be a double agent of some sort.

Darklord Dave
01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Usually 24 has something horrific happen to set off the clock. The fact that Tony didn't crash the planes convinces me that he's working some kind of angle other than just helping Jumba. Plus we have the whole Jon Voight conspiracy going on, that involves the First Gentleman's investigation into his son's death.

After that terrible Season 6, they needed to shake things up - hopefully this will do it. After the movie and the premiere, I'm very optimistic.

El Roranous
01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Tony is not a villain. If there is one thing I have learned from watching 24 all of these years is that Jack is always right. He says something then you better do it or believe it. The people that don't pay with their lives.

:lol

I liked the premiere but i did feel as though it was moving a bit slower than usual. And Dave, why do you feel as though last season was so terrible? I liked it because of how broken Jack was.

Gruson
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 is back and WOW!

What an intense 2 hours.

Loved it!

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Darklord Dave
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Tony is not a villain. If there is one thing I have learned from watching 24 all of these years is that Jack is always right. He says something then you better do it or believe it. The people that don't pay with their lives.

I liked the premiere but i did feel as though it was moving a bit slower than usual. And Dave, why do you feel as though last season was so terrible? I liked it because of how broken Jack was.

You're probably right - if Jack says it, it's got to be true.

Season 6 was just all over the place, they didn't seem to have a direction - everyone from CTU to the bad guys were doing dumb stuff - it was just lame. It was also coming off Season 5, which I thought was the BEST season yet.

winter
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Awwww ****! 24 is gettin' good!

UTtoyfan
01-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Jack, and of course Rory, are right! Tony is working for Bill and Chloe, yay!:banana

tomandshell
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Tony has obviously gotten himself involved in something and Jack will get to the bottom of things. I have watched every season of the show and would say that last season was such a letdown that I really didn't even miss it that much during the long break.

It's still too soon to tell how this season will go, but it's not off to a terrible start.

Giant Chicken
01-12-2009, 08:01 PM
totally forgot that it was on last night. We are going to download the first 4 episodes and watch them over the week and decide if we should watch the season or not.

Agent23
01-12-2009, 10:26 PM
24 is kicking ass so far. Tony is still a good guy. :rock

So glad my (current) favorite show is back.

Seinfeld is still my all-time favorite.

Darklord Dave
01-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Yay Chloe is back!

But how far do you go before you're the villain? It would seem that there would be a better way to get to the inside government conspiracy besides giving a genocidal terrorist access to the entire infrastructure of the United States. Even if Tony was supposed to stay with the device, how could the end ever justify these means?

BadMoon
01-13-2009, 06:01 AM
I haven't watched the past couple seasons. So I decided to start up again. Glad I did! Great 4 episodes so far! :banana

LOTRFan
01-13-2009, 07:56 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all for Tony to actually be a double agent of some sort.

Bingo! :maul

Hulksmashed
01-13-2009, 08:28 AM
But how far do you go before you're the villain? It would seem that there would be a better way to get to the inside government conspiracy besides giving a genocidal terrorist access to the entire infrastructure of the United States. Even if Tony was supposed to stay with the device, how could the end ever justify these means?

That I think is the big point of the season. They in fact said during the senate hearing: "are you saying Mr. Baur that the ends justify the means?" And then throught the season opener made reference to Jack doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Have no idea what the theme of other season have been, but this season is clearly looking at the indistinct/fuzzy line drawn between right and wrong

Hulksmashed
01-13-2009, 08:29 AM
As a newcomer to 24 this season I have to say I really enjoyed the movie and the season opener. The pace is great, however I don't get the "all in real time" feel from the show at all. To say that everything Jack did last night took place in 2 hours is a little far fetched to me.

So maybe someone can quickly prove me wrong/fill me in. Almeda's wife was killed by a rogue/corrupt government force run by a president. Jack can't believe Tony has gone terrorist which says a lot, although the lose of a wife/loved one can push almost anyone over the edge.

Is it possible, that Tony knows the US has been supplying the genocide dude with weapons and is trying to get on the inside track to figure out who, since the one thing that he would hate more then anything is corruption in the government. They also made a big deal about how Jack would do ANYTHING for the greater good, and that Tony and Jack have the same training/background/personality. After all, Tony could have easily let the two planes collide and sent an even stronger message.

Wow, Hulksmashed....you were completely correct! :monkey3

El Roranous
01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Jack, and of course Rory, are right! Tony is working for Bill and Chloe, yay!:banana

:lol :rock

I was waiting to see/hear Chloe... I missed her. I hope she stays awkward and also stays on the show for good. I consider her a permanent character even though the people running the show say they can kill anyone off at any time- ANYONE! :google :lol

El Roranous
01-13-2009, 08:44 AM
You're probably right - if Jack says it, it's got to be true.

Season 6 was just all over the place, they didn't seem to have a direction - everyone from CTU to the bad guys were doing dumb stuff - it was just lame. It was also coming off Season 5, which I thought was the BEST season yet.

I see. I will have to rewatch it. I don't recall disliking it but anything with Jack Bauer in it kind of blinds me from the truth. :lol

My favorite season was the one that started off with Jack living off the radar. You know the "man-purse" season. :lol

El Roranous
01-13-2009, 08:47 AM

Although... I was right and I was wrong. Tony had been working for the other side for about 3 years. Only recently had he contacted Bill.

By the way, do you guys think we will get to see Karen this season? Also, what about Kim or Audrey?

El Roranous
01-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Yay Chloe is back!

I was thinking the same thing Dave. Bill, and Tony seem to want to take this way too far. I understand wanting to find out how deep the internal corruption goes but at what cost? I would never have thought that Bill would allow innocent American lives to be put at risk. I am even surprised that Jack is going along with all of this... although at this point as usual, it appears he has no other viable choice.

El Roranous
01-13-2009, 09:12 AM
I am however perplexed by the direction they are taking Jack's character. It seems that he is easily guided by the people around him and that he is no longer his own person. I mean, there was almost no reluctance or hesitation with helping anyone this season. The way Jack's character was going before is that he was a broken man. He didn't want anything to do with anyone. I think he just wanted to be left alone for once and find peace. He only reluctantly gave himself up in Africa for the benefit of the children.

He could have walked away countless times the first night of the premiere. Nothing felt that urgent or like they really needed Jack. Bill tells Jack to help Tony escape- Jack complies but without much explanation or incentive. Then he arrives at the "new" CTU and agrees to help them... in my opinion, too easily. I know it's in his nature to not turn away and to help out when he is needed but enough is enough. I just thought that throughout all this time he had learned something profound about himself and would finally be able to walk away and be at peace with himself. The US wants to imprison him, the Chinese have mangled him- he absolutely gets no respect. Everyone and everything in his life has been taken from him. I felt as though he had found at least a glimpse of happiness when on the run so I find it a little bit unbelievable that Jack would just jump in to all of this so easily.

The way I am painting it makes it sound as though 24 will no longer have Jack fighting it's battles and I definitely don't want that but that seems to be the only logical continuation of his story.

I am also aware that during these last 4 episodes Jack says that he has no regrets about his actions but I also don't believe that he wants to continue this life.

Hulksmashed
01-13-2009, 09:29 AM
last night he told the Lead terrorist why he came back and why he turned himself in. I don't think Jack's answer was a lie. He wants to be done, and wants the people he protects to know what he has done to protect them. In a sense I think he had given up (for the greater good). If I had to guess he is still broken and his new attitude of compliance is a sort of penance for his past sins. Most likely by the end of the season he will have regained the trust of the nation and have taken charge to get the job done.

Although Almeda is "a good guy" again, the question asked by jack "Is this [loyalty/respect for the terrorist] going to be a problem" was more of a forshadowing of things to come then a question to be easily answered.

Agent23
01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Who's the mole? The obvious choice is Sean Hillinger. But, I tend to think it's Janis Gold. I also believe the higher it goes, that Ethan Kanin is absolutely involved.

Let's face it Bob Gunton (actor) knows how to play a bad guy, after all he was the warden in The Shawshank Redemption.

I agree with Hulksmashed on the "Foreshadowing" when Jack asked Tony "is this gonna be a problem?"

Hulksmashed
01-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Who's the mole? The obvious choice is Sean Hillinger. But, I tend to think it's Janis Gold. I also believe the higher it goes, that Ethan Kanin is absolutely involved.

Let's face it Bob Gunton (actor) knows how to play a bad guy, after all he was the warden in The Shawshank Redemption.

I agree with Hulksmashed on the "Foreshadowing" when Jack asked Tony "is this gonna be a problem?"

My guess for the mole is the FBI agent in charge. Sorry not too good with names. Jack asked his FBI handler chick if she trusts "agent in charge" and she says without a doubt. Usually in any show when something is "without a doubt" it means you can't trust them. Similar to in true or false questions where absolutes usually mean false.

Other then that, it might just be a flaw in the show, or it might be a sign of the mole or I missed something. When The FBI chick was torturing/questioning the sniper she "learns" of the terrorist group's plans to kidnap the Prime minister. Immediately preceeding that though, the terrorists got word of thier next job and one man exclaims....we dont even know what the NEXT job is. So how would the sniper know what the next target was? He had been unconcious/in the hospital well before the terrorists would have learned of the target AND the terrorists had already written him off so they wouldnt have gotten word to him.

LipSmack
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
My guess for the mole is the FBI agent in charge. Sorry not too good with names. Jack asked his FBI handler chick if she trusts "agent in charge" and she says without a doubt. Usually in any show when something is "without a doubt" it means you can't trust them. Similar to in true or false questions where absolutes usually mean false.

Other then that, it might just be a flaw in the show, or it might be a sign of the mole or I missed something. When The FBI chick was torturing/questioning the sniper she "learns" of the terrorist group's plans to kidnap the Prime minister. Immediately preceeding that though, the terrorists got word of thier next job and one man exclaims....we dont even know what the NEXT job is. So how would the sniper know what the next target was? He had been unconcious/in the hospital well before the terrorists would have learned of the target AND the terrorists had already written him off so they wouldnt have gotten word to him.

we didn't but the leader guy told tony in the second episode, to wait for tanner cuz he knew what the next job was and tanner was the guy she "interogated"

Hulksmashed
01-13-2009, 02:47 PM
we didn't but the leader guy told tony in the second episode, to wait for tanner cuz he knew what the next job was and tanner was the guy she "interogated"

Ahh, I missed that. Thanks!

SwedishHeat
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm confused about the conspiracy angle. The lady, Samantha, she was the President's son's wife in Redemption, right?? They were getting ready for the inauguration during Redemption and then the insider trading guy, discovered all the info and called up the President's son, and Samantha was trying to get the son to ignore the insider trading guy. The insider trading guy was killed and made to look like a suicide. Am I remembering that correctly??

So why in this season is Samantha saying she "loved him", the insider trading guy, and making it sound like the President's son was killed, when in Redemption, the insider trading guy and the President's son were two different people??

Darklord Dave
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm confused about the conspiracy angle. The lady, Samantha, she was the President's son's wife in Redemption, right?? They were getting ready for the inauguration during Redemption and then the insider trading guy, discovered all the info and called up the President's son, and Samantha was trying to get the son to ignore the insider trading guy. The insider trading guy was killed and made to look like a suicide. Am I remembering that correctly??

So why in this season is Samantha saying she "loved him", the insider trading guy, and making it sound like the President's son was killed, when in Redemption, the insider trading guy and the President's son were two different people??

Jon Voight's character said something at the inauguration about having to take care of the President's son. Apparently that has happened in the time between end of Redemption and start of this season.

SwedishHeat
01-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Jon Voight's character said something at the inauguration about having to take care of the President's son. Apparently that has happened in the time between end of Redemption and start of this season.

I figured it was the son, the blonde kid, who was offed. The bit with the insider trading threw me off, because I thought that's what the addict guy was involved with.

Hulksmashed
01-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Is John Voit's character new, or has he been a recurring character on the show in previous seasons?

LOTRFan
01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Is John Voit's character new, or has he been a recurring character on the show in previous seasons?

He is new since the Redemption episode.

**16k**
01-17-2009, 06:48 AM
I've finally seen all 4 episodes of the season premiere. I must admit I like what I've seen so far. The new setting with new lighting is a welcome change and the new characters range from the OK to the excellent. So far, on a 5 star rating, I'd give 5 for episode 1and 4, 4 for episodes 2 and 3.
So all in all, very good. Yet, I don't know what you think, but here are a few things which captured my attention:
The new President: I like the back story, the actress is good, but she seriously lacks charisma IMO. Her Husband would have made a better choice and is an interesting character.
Tony: I'm glad he's back though I think it was obvious from the very first episode he was a plant. When he asks Emmerson what the plan is, I immediately knew he wasn't a bad guy. But the confrontation between Jack and Tony in the interrogation room was a real treat. Not too keen on the explanation of how he didn't die. It's ridiculous to say the least. The " hypodermic coumpound" is too much of a Deus Ex Machina explanation to be credible. As for Emmerson's motivations to enlist him.... dubious.
Rennee is a great character that I hope won't die soon. She is probably the best creation in the series for a long time. I don't know you, but I wouldn't mind seeing a spin off series with her as the main character. I may be wrong but it seems to me that her relationship to her boss are more than just platonic, but I may be wrong here.
Janis is ok, and I kinda liked the cyberconfrontation between her and Chloe (especially the split screens), but ultimately, the characters look too much alike and one must go. Which makes it more than possible she is the mole, though I would rather accuse Ross for the moment. I don't think it is Sean Hillinger. Too obvious. Besides, I think he is only here for the pathos. He represents the audience that must share his fear for his wife and his grief should the plane happen to crash.
As for the White House, the choice of possibilities for a mole is limited: the Secretary of Defense (unlikely), the Secret Agent in charge of the First Gentleman's protection (possible) and the guy who is always with the President-I forgot his name and function (likely).
Now, to eagerly wait for episode 5!!!!!

Darklord Dave
01-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I've finally seen all 4 episodes of the season premiere. I must admit I like what I've seen so far. The new setting with new lighting is a welcome change and the new characters range from the OK to the excellent.

Funny, I didn't realize how much I liked the CTU set until I noticed the contrast with the brightly lit FBI office. CTU was so much more dramatic.

Janis is ok, and I kinda liked the cyberconfrontation between her and Chloe (especially the split screens), but ultimately, the characters look too much alike and one must go. Which makes it more than possible she is the mole, though I would rather accuse Ross for the moment.

When they introduced Janis I thought they just wanted a Chloe-like character, so I was overjoyed when Chloe returned. I think they'll keep them both involved, going head to head throughout the season. Janis will have to gain in confidence though and start to become more assertive. I assume that's why they have Sean as such an a-hole - so she can stand up to him at some point.

I'd also agree that they've set up a conjugal relationship between Renee and her boss - or at least a past affair.

**16k**
01-19-2009, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE=Darklord Dave;1403420]Funny, I didn't realize how much I liked the CTU set until I noticed the contrast with the brightly lit FBI office. CTU was so much more dramatic.QUOTE]

If Jack, Chloe and Bill succeed (which they will of course!) it might the first stage for a reopening of CTU! Imagine! The FBI was unable to spot a huge terrorist plot when a rogue CTU cell did! That's what I call efficacy! Besides, Ep 5 trailer shows the first confrontation between Jack and President Taylor... So, if they want to make of her the new Palmer (which I read somewhere when she was cast), CTU might not be completely dead... unless they create a new agency! :D

EDIT: On the other hand, very unlikely since Howard Gordon hasjust confirmed on Eononline.com that season 8 would be the last one. Probably followed by a movie in which Jack's death could be the end... :(

SwedishHeat
01-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I just think that the FBI is eerily similar to CTU. They may have gotten rid of CTU because it was becoming tired as a plot device, but when you just change the names and set dressing, it's still the same old thing.

-CTU always had a mole, now the FBI does.
-CTU had a socially awkward female in charge of communications, same with the FBI.
-CTU had some mid-level assistant who was acting shady but it just turned out he had a family member involved in the current crisis, i.e. Adam/Sylar, Edgar, etc., same with the FBI.
-The head of the CTU always butted heads with Jack until he/she finally came around and saw that they got results, they're setting up the same thing with the FBI boss and Renee.

Meet the old boss, same as the new boss.

Darklord Dave
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I still can't get over the fact that they put this device that could take down all of the nation into the hands of terrorists just to catch some corrupt politicians. In this case the ends do NOT justify the means. I hope they come up with some ulterior reason for the President to be acting like she is though - I'd have to agree with the Secretary of State - she's an idiot.

Agent23
01-28-2009, 09:08 AM
I gotta agree w/you Dave. But, they have always have had some outrageous storylines at times.

I'm still enjoying the new season so far.

**16k**
01-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Still enjoying it too in spite of the nonsense!
Think about that one: The Secret Service agent kidnaps the 1st Gentleman. He plans on killing him AFTER the Son's GF arrives. Conclusion, the poison wears of and the 1st G is saved!
How stupid is that? He could have killed the 1st G before and place the knife in his hand just the same!!!!! So, not very realistic!
And I can't help myself thinking how great the Sangala issue would have been with Palmer with a whole new racial viewpoint! Imagine! An AA President favors a Sangala invasion and chooses to sacrifice Americans. We could have had a great story with a complete distrust of the President's choices based on racial issue, and of course, Palmer being who he was (fair and honest), he would have been right in the end! What a great, positive racial message it would have been!!!!

**16k**
02-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Seems I'm the only one enjoying the show here! :D
I've just seen Ep 7 and loved it! I also watched next week trailer and suddenly had a doubt (hope I'm wrong there!): What if Renee Walker was actually the mole?

rw23
02-04-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm lovin' it! Can't wait for next week, looks to be a doosey! :banana

**16k**
02-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Have you heard Renee's line in the trailer? Something like "do as I say and you mat live through this..." sounds very much like what a bad guy/girl could say! :D

**16k**
02-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, looks like I was wrong on so many levels!!!! :D

funny, another great ep last night and nobody here seems to be interested to comment season 7. That's strange when you consider the number of people and comments for the Enterbay Jack Bauer...

Darklord Dave
02-10-2009, 11:47 PM
"With all due respect Madame President - ask around."

There were a couple of great lines in this episode. At least the President asked the same question I did about the CIP device. And Bill's answer was less than satisfying. But a great episode - perhaps they are grooming Renee to carry on after they kill off Jack.

**16k**
02-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Possibly!
Like I said, I wouldn't mind a spin off staring Renee!
The President is finally acquiring a little depth too. Now there's the question of Tony. Don't you think his reaction was kinda suspicious? I just hope they didn't bring him back to kill him off in that season again. He deserves better!

BadMoon
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I liked when Jack simply looked back and said coldly. "Are you going to give me your keys or what?" :lol

rw23
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah lovin' the fact that after the first few episodes Jack is getting his edge back!

Agent23
02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm loving this season so far. :rock

**16k**
02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I think the best line so far was when Moss tells him that what makes them better than terrorists is their more humane methods, and Jack turns back, gazes at him coldly and replies! "not today!"
That was so Jack!!! :D

LOTRFan
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I think 24 has lost it's luster for me; I haven't been into this new season at all -- it's just boring. :sick

**16k**
02-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Well! Yhey fooled me! The mole was so obvious I wouldn't have thought it was ... !

Also, latest news: J Casar is leaving 24! Won't produce or direct season 8!

**16k**
02-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes, the change of pace and city are great! It adds a little bit of fresh blood!
And I completely agree with what you said. However, I think they had to bring back a president that is in favor of Bauer. Bauer has been working for the governement but without his support that it was becoming like nothing would ever work for him. Look at Redemption and the first episodes of season 7. Jack is on the border of commiting suicide. He is robot with no feelings, nothing to look forward too and to me, he's not far from a death wish. I think they need to shift the balance a little and in order to make Jack a happier guy, he needs to have more support. Hence the new, flawless, supportive president!
I don't know if you've watched the trailer for the next ep., but it looks like there's a scene where Renee is trying her best to make Jack react like a human being. I'm really eager to see that scene because it might be a turning point for Jack (I don't give too much detail on purpose not to spoil anybody! )

Darklord Dave
02-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I like this season of 24 a lot, it's one of the few shows I watch consistently. I do wish they'd make the spectrum of the show a bit smaller though. ( i.e. not a major national crisis but maybe a smaller less public situation)

I'm not sure what to make of Cherry Jones as President. Unfortunately she is going to have David Palmer disease ( i.e. A minority TV president where they can do nothing wrong, if they do seem to misstep, it's not really their fault. They will always be morally upright and can never be seen in a negative light. How can you make an interesting character without some flaws? But you can't actually show them because the character is a woman. Fox allows the show runners to make a three dimensional flawed female US President, feminist groups lobby and complain to sponsors, who complain to the network, who complains to the show runners, who have to change the dynamic of the show for simple appeasement. Charles Logan was a great character. He was neither all bad nor all good. Despite his failures, he was truly three dimensional. You could see the conflict in him. If it was Charles Logan the black President on 24, would have never happened. If it was President Charlotte Logan on 24, would have never happened. The show has "rebellious" types of overtones, especially considering violence and it's display of hard tactics, but that appeases the average person's sense of "justice" and people's desire to see a good revenge dynamic. On network TV, 24 is only as cutting edge as it can be while still appeasing to it's sponsors. I wish it was on cable. )

I wasn't surprised they flushed the David Palmer character. He always had to be right. He always had to do the right thing. He always had to be moral. He always had to be right, even when he looked wrong. For a show as almost completely plot driven like 24, that's really tying a hand behind your back with a character.

I do like this season, it's much slower paced and I think that's better for the overall story.

Gekko

I would disagree about making a more flawed president. We had an entire season of the most corrupt, flawed president you could want. You don't want to go to that well very often. I'd like to think that most people that aspire to that office will be pretty noble. And Cherry has been kind of flawed, she's stubborn, she's putting her husband first and not listening to her advisors. The surgery's going to take 5 hours - so she's going to be semi-out of commission for 5 episodes.

About a more contained crisis - we're quickly losing a sense of urgency this season. There is no looming threat now - just trying to capture the villain on his way out of town. They need to come up with some big thing soon - or the season can go downhill pretty quickly.

Agent23
02-18-2009, 11:41 AM
We are 9 episodes in so far. From what I read in Entertainment Weekly, episode 11 is supposed to be BIG.

We'll see.

I am still enjoying it so far.

**16k**
02-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Latest news for Ep 11 ( next monday): Spoiler from Aussiello's files on EW
Question: Dude, the foreshadowing in this week's 24 has me worried for Chloe's safety. Please tell me she's not going to take a header into the Dead Pool come season end. -- Nicole
Ausiello: Relax, Chloe isn't dying. But someone else is this Monday. Also in next week's ep: A 24 fave returns and a new threat will be revealed! (Is it just me, or did that last sentence read like a Fox promo? I think I've been doing this too long.

Buttmunch
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
The best part of this last episode was the return of Aaron "the man" Pierce :rock

Darklord Dave
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
The best part of this last episode was the return of Aaron "the man" Pierce :rock

Yep, he was a great character and it's great to see him back.

**16k**
02-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Now, let's hope they bring back gregory Itzin! :D

The only cameo I don't want is that of the second season cougar! :D

Buttmunch
02-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Now, let's hope they bring back gregory Itzin! :D

The only cameo I don't want is that of the second season cougar! :D

I'd be fine with the Cougar coming back if it finishes Kim off this time :D

I for one just hope Aaron doesn't meet his end this season. I know they were originally going to kill him off in the 'bad Logan' season but he was able to talk his way out of it. To me, his awesomeness is second only to Jack Bauer. Come to think of it, I'd much rather have an Aaron figure than Palmer.

**16k**
02-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Ah, for me, Palmer is mandatory, but I'd like plenty of other figs from the show! Tony of course, but I would like a Nina fig!!!!!! She was really great in season 1!

Darklord Dave
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I think that's the first time they've let things wind down and then start up with a semi new threat. I guess it's smart because it got kind of stupid last season.

Jack's a little TOO hard, and not really for good reason. They were steering him towards a softer, gentler Jack, but now he's almost sociopathic.

And I'm glad Tony Todd is going to have more to do! I was wondering why he wasn't in it at all, but now he's going to be the main villain it seems!

Paging Enterbay....

rw23
02-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah good stuff last episode, now 2 hours of Jack on Monday with a heightened threat and major action! :chew

**16k**
02-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Yes, I loved ep 10, still, something worries me! End of a threat leads to new threats! I know 24 works that way, but I wouldn't like it to look like season 4 with it's succession of threats. In the end, there were so many that the terrorists looked like a stupid, disorganized bunch! Too many threats kills the suspense!

Man, I love Renee more and more!! :D

winter
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
1st hour, spectacular!

LOTRFan
03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
So we won't see Audrey again, I'm guessing -- that was a good loose end?

carbo-fation
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Jack needs to calm the f' down. He's too intense.

rw23
03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Damn fine episodes tonight and next weeks episode looks to be even better!

Agent23
03-03-2009, 07:48 AM
I thought last nights episodes were excellent. Very intense.

General Juma is one bad Mother ******

Gruson
03-03-2009, 07:51 AM
BEST 2 HOURS EVER!

NONSTOP and VERY INTENSE!

LOVE IT.