Jabba and throne, how will you display?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
Move or delete this thread if it has been posted already.
I have been looking at ikea for ideas, and or thinking of using acrylic cases.
I wish I could afford a proper display case like they have in stores.

Any other thoughts or ideas.

I am going to buy some sort of metal/glass modern looking TV stand and put Jabba/Throne, Bib, Leia, two repainted Gamorrean Guards, S. Crumb, Bubo and any other Jabba related stuff on it and then put an acrylic case over it.

I will open up the wall where I have some of my boxes and buy a shelving unit. They will go there along with a few others figures.

EVILFACE said:
Smack dab in the middle of the living room. I'll tell wife to just STFU.

You are an Okie!!! :rotfl

I'm actually planning on just placing him on top of my two Detolfs... it won't be extremely pretty, but should be serviceable.

I have a table open for him.... and will relocate Luke to join him, as well as Crumb and Bubo eventually. Keep spots open for the eventual Slave Leia and Boba Fett, maybe I'll get a Hasbro Han in Carbonite and modify it for the display as well..... Should be pretty cool....:rock

A taste. Why not...

p1130025ww7.jpg

p1140033je0.jpg

And just for fun, I give you....Darth Hossenfeffer!!

p1140043av0.jpg

Think I have a place it for it to fit, but basically right in the middle of all my shelves. A fair bit of stuff will have to get out of the way first though, before Jabba plants his slimey ass on top of it:D

I have a 37" x 37" card table I am going to put it all on... should give me enough room for most of the future offerings.

I'm going to go against the established protocol and display the throne on top of Jabba... :monkey5

"Jabba on the throne" always made me think of a slug with gastric distress... :monkey3

My Jabba set up will be going on top of my DVD cabinet with some sort of covering (glass/acrylic), which is flanked on each side by my 2 Detolfs (with all my other SideShow figs in it).

Should be a nice set up.:chew

I have no idea:eek:

He may end up displayed on his shipping box, with a black sheet over it:lol

I really have no clue where or how this monster is gonna get displayed.

I have no idea where I can put him let alone setup any special display, I'll be checking him out in hand for a good while anyhow so it doesn't matter much initially, I'm just looking forward to photoshopping and photographing him.

Right now its going on my dresser in my room I think. I had planned and even started mocking up whole throne room starting a lil but infront of the throne but it was going to be WAY to big for the space I have. I may still do it someday but will need some more room first.

I..... really dont know where this thing is going to be displayed. Maybe nowhere yet, I honestly don't think I have anywhere big enough for it.

But I knew this, and I bought it on the knowledge that at some point in the future I'd probably move to a bigger house, and would have space there. This is just too much of an iconic piece (and part of my childhood... I was 11 when Jedi came out) I had books about ILM and how they made all the stuff, I loved the film.... and it's Jabba for cryin' out loud.

So one day...... somewhere... I'll have is on display! :rotfl

Back