Comic-Con 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idioteque

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm based in New Zealand, and have finally commited to attending Comic-Con 2007. As this will be my 1st visit to San Diego and the Comic-Con, please could you give me the low-down on what to expect and any advice to help make the most of my trip.

Thanks everyone.

Shai Hulud said:
Stay away from Josh ( jlcmsu )

I would stay away from any Kurganite. The biggest thing I worry about, actually kinda stupid found out the hard way, bring COMFORTABLE SHOES. I brought sandals last year, BIG mistake. And, be prepared for the intense amount of overcrowding. Did I mention to stay away from any Kurganites???:chew :chew

PLUS: Since toe lives in san diego, PARTY AT HIS HOUSE !!!

Shai Hulud said:
Stay away from Josh ( jlcmsu )

Didn't know you'd attended this. Were you there and some of us missed meeting you? Were you at the Freaks party at the least... or were you there and went incognito?

Wetanut said:
Didn't know you'd attended this. Were you there and some of us missed meeting you? Were you at the Freaks party at the least... or were you there and went incognito?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

DO I EVEN NEED TO EVER BEEN THERE TO GIVE YOU THAT ADVICE..???:lol

WASNT THERE.KAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICE ME.I HAVE A BIG WORM.

congerking said:
I would stay away from any Kurganite. The biggest thing I worry about, actually kinda stupid found out the hard way, bring COMFORTABLE SHOES. I brought sandals last year, BIG mistake. And, be prepared for the intense amount of overcrowding. Did I mention to stay away from any Kurganites???:chew :chew

PLUS: Since toe lives in san diego, PARTY AT HIS HOUSE !!!
If you stay away from Kurganites, you can't party with Toe.

Yeah, Saturday REALLY sucked last year. I went back to the hotel and took a nap.

Beer everyday at SDCC is the way to go!!! Who needs food? :nono

It is the Kurgan way. :rock

I won't forget the morning a bird landed on Bob's stomach for like 3 seconds. We were all eating breakfast outside and that bird must of thought Bob was soft enough for a landing. :lol

Last edited:
I'll be there too, since I'm also flying halfway around the world for it (The Netherlands) I'm really wondering what to expect.

I don't know about anyone else, but I looked through the day-by-day program and picked out a few "must see" events each day and planned my days around them. There's so much to see and do, you honestly can't get them all in. The exhibition hall itself is a madhouse....was crazy last year, even on the "slow" days. I can imagine the insanity going up a notch higher this year because of the SW anniversary.

Link below is for last year's programs. They will publish one for this year probably around late June/early July. Regardless, I start checking the Comic Con site nearly every day for news/updates starting in June.

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_thu.php

Also....do NOT wait to book a hotel. Grab one as soon as you can.

Agreed Rumi. I also check the program out as they put it up so that way I know what events I want to see. It also allows a group of us freaks to get together and see them as a group.

I'm freaking ready already. :lol Can't wait to see you freaks, SS, the panels, etc.

Back