More Serenity Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
QMx has commissioned Geoffrey Mandel (Serenity graphics designer) and Tim Earls (Serenity and Firefly designer) to create, for the first time ever, the definitive set of blueprints of our favorite ship, Serenity. These blueprints will be distilled from literally hundreds of set photos, detailed architectural drawings, cgi files, and pages and pages of background material from the movie and series. They will be *the* definitive resource on Serenity’s design, layout and systems. The blueprint pack will be extensive, printed on large format, high-quality stock, and will include the ship (plus variations!), the shuttles and the mule.

And, as a special bonus, we will also include an exact replica of the Serenity builder plaque on metal foil, printed directly from the original digital file.
No prices detemined yet, but they will be very limited edition of 500
copies, signed by Mr. Mandel and Earls, and they expect to start shipping Serenity Blueprints next month. The set will include 10 18” by 24” sheets (rolled), plus the CoA/autograph/background page and the builder’s plaque, with a price of probably $135 ish.
From serenitystuff.com

Also, some details on the Serenity replica.
-LE Edition limited to 2,000 units
-Expected price of $499
-SE Edition of 500 Units (don't know who it's signed by).
-SE Edition expect price of $549

It's coming in Fall, no-money-down preorder coming soon, and there is a 5-payment X-Pay plan.

All this from https://serenitystuff.com and https://www.quantummechanix.com/

qmx_shipflyer.jpg

Much more excited about the replica than the blueprints, but for $500, I kind of expected lights.

I believe it will have lights, and a rotating engine too, at least that's what was originally said when they talked about it. The info right now isn't too clear but it looks like more info will be coming soon with a preorder. I'll get the blueprints if I can't afford the ship but that doesn't seem to bad since it will be shipping in Fall, plenty of time to get $500 or so by then.

Its more $$$ than I was expecting... I wonder if retailers will be carrying this as well? Saving 10% could be nice with a price tag this high.

I'm still tempted though, I can't imagine a better Serenity item every seeing the light of day. Although I do have concerns over a relatively new company and $500 :google

galactiboy said:
Its more $$$ than I was expecting... I wonder if retailers will be carrying this as well? Saving 10% could be nice with a price tag this high.

I'm still tempted though, I can't imagine a better Serenity item every seeing the light of day. Although I do have concerns over a relatively new company and $500 :google

If I understand correctly, the Founders of Quantum Mechanix were the original founders of Master Replicas, so I don't think we have too much to worry about.

Batty said:
Hey, this thread looks familiar.

No, this one is for just the Serenity stuff, the other is for everything else! :rotfl

I'm actually pretty happy with the prices compared to the MR prices. I mean, all of the MR studio scale stuff is way over that, and the difference between SE and LE is much more than this. This has actually made me pretty impressed.

galactiboy said:

We will be I got the heads up about them either Last week Friday or this Monday. I will ask them for more details via email right now.

Bob

That's cool.

This is seriously going to be a nice collectible, especially if it's got electronics inside. I want to make some 3D artwork of Serenity so both the blueprints and the ship replica will be really great in allowing me to make a realistic one.

lcummins said:
If I understand correctly, the Founders of Quantum Mechanix were the original founders of Master Replicas, so I don't think we have too much to worry about.

Thats good to know!

jimmyjamesf said:
We will be I got the heads up about them either Last week Friday or this Monday. I will ask them for more details via email right now.

Very cool!

Im so. damn. psyched. about this! I dont care if I cant afford it, I MUST have it.

Its great to know retailers will be carrying it:D although would it just be the Regular? The SE has me interested, wonder who it'll be signed by

darthviper107 I posted this in another forum. That ok?

Last edited:
I want this so bad but there is no way I can afford it! I will be so envious of those of you who are planning on getting it!

Now, if I ever hit the lottery I'm going to get those blue prints and build a Serenity to live in!! I think that would be the coolest house!

BDboystoys said:
Im so. damn. psyched. about this! I dont care if I cant afford it, I MUST have it.

Its great to know retailers will be carrying it:D although would it just be the Regular? The SE has me interested, wonder who it'll be signed by

darthviper107 I posted this in another forum. That ok?

That's perfectly fine, since I got the info from serenitystuff.com so it's not like I got the info exclusively.

It looks like the blueprints will be really detailed, I hope they order soon.

darthviper107 said:
That's perfectly fine, since I got the info from serenitystuff.com so it's not like I got the info exclusively.

It looks like the blueprints will be really detailed, I hope they order soon.

If I could afford both I would, but I'm really only ecstatic about the Replica. If its still available down the road I'll get the blueprints though.
I desperately need pics and info!

I would get it, but I would have to sell my left nut to get one of those. Anyone want a left nut for 550 US? Comes with free shipping!

J/K

Darklord Dave said:
Much more excited about the replica than the blueprints, but for $500, I kind of expected lights.

They're looking at probably 2 versions not counting the signature edition. One just a standard scale static model. The second they are researching one with spinning gyro and working lights. They're not saying a lot about that now because they are not sure what the price point my be. They would like to keep the price the same, but of course it may come in a little higher.

They also rumored the outside chance of a more limited revearized version.

Can't wait to see how this all pans out.

This thing looks great, but I am really really tired of companies (MR, bowen, etc) making variations of the same thing. Make it super limited and go from there. I hate to see serenity die in the water.

Looks like right now they are trying to get Nathan Fillion to do the SE, they just have to get the contract, but it's not set yet so that could change.

Seems worth it to go for the Signature Edition. Also, the blueprints will be preordering sometime before the end of this month and then should soon be shipping after that.

If Nathan is the SE I am all over this. Crap! I doubt I could afford it. Actually I could if I don't buy anything from the point that Captain America and GG Slave Leia (only two preorder items I have going) are released until Christmas of 2007. So roughly from Summer to the Holiday season if I don't preorder or plain just don't order anything period, this could financially happen for me.

Only thing is, could I go roughly six months without purchasing a collectible of any kind? Could any of us? Has any of us accomplished that in the past 3-5 years? hehe

I have before, but that's when I wasn't working so much.

Luckily for me I'll probably have enough money by the time it ships so I think it's going to work out. Hopefully there'll be some more info by the end of this week.

Back