Give us Wesley, please Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I'd open up a thread just so folks here can remind Sideshow yet again that we'd love a Wesley to be next in the Angel line.

Yes, I know it's probably being a bit too overoptimistic to think he'll be next in line, but a gal can dream can't she?

And to remind us of what a superb character he was he's a fantastic fan vid that was made by zeronephilim on live journal and I highly recommend it, as it celebrates gun toting f*ked up Wes so incredibly well, showing was a tragic figure he became later in the series.

You can download it here..

https://www.sendspace.com/file/c6xyq9

So lets hear the reasons why we want our Wes!

I'm holding out hope that we'll get at least one new announcement for the Angel line (hopefully Wes) at Toyfair. If we don't see or hear about anything new there, I'll consider the line unofficially dead.

Wesley is a must, simply because he was in both Buffy and Angel. Unfortunately I think SW is pulling alot of talent at SSC and collectors from other lines.

Slayerverse98 said:
They cant stop the line at 3 figures can they? That'd be a waste

It's been a good while since Lorne was announced, now he's starting to ship and there's nothing on the horizon so far as we know. They still haven't even bothered to set an edition size for him. It just appears to me to have all the signs of a forgotten line that's being put to "rest" as Sideshow likes to call it. Toyfair will tell the tale.

I would really like to get Wes before they "rest" the Angel line. I'd really like to get Fred and Gunn too.

I hate to say it, but I'd be willing to pay more per figure if they'd continue the line. I think the price is already high for what we get, but I'd pay more if they have to merit low edition sizes.

deanandre said:
I would really like to get Wes before they "rest" the Angel line. I'd really like to get Fred and Gunn too.

I hate to say it, but I'd be willing to pay more per figure if they'd continue the line. I think the price is already high for what we get, but I'd pay more if they have to merit low edition sizes.

I'm with you deandre. NOW LISTEN UP SIDESHOW...STOP WITH THE WOW CRAP AND RELEASE A MEDIEVAL F'N KURGAN A WESLEY GUNN AND ILLYRIA AND WE MAY STILL BE FRIENDS...........OR ELSE!!!!!!!

we will cry, a lot!

I have a strong feeling we'll see another figure. I mean the PF LOTR line hasnt had an announcement in yonks and thats only just started up. I'm hoping Toyfair will produce something new and shiny:D

I have nothing but my own hunch to support this theory but...
George Lucas, being an incredible control freak, is going to demand every holder of a SW license to make a huge event out of the 30th anniversary. The more hype about SW the more $$$ Georgie makes. Also considering Episode IV has been conspicuously absent from the offerings thus far. In a recent post Chicky had the actual anniversary date of SW readily at hand so obviously there was a need for her to be aware of it. With Andy leaving for DC Comics, thats even more of a workload for Mat and Olaf.
Anyway, once the rush for the big A New Hope event is done I think we will see more from other lines. SSC has never been a one horse show and I think they understand the wisdom of not keeping the eggs in just one basket.

I would argue that SSC has indeed become a one horse show when it comes to 1/6. None of their other 12" lines, not even LOTR, come close to generating the buzz and sales of the Star Wars line. When you look at Cordelia with a relatively meager 1500 edition size still sitting there with no sign of selling out anytime soon, that's bad news. I guess I can't blame them for putting all their eggs in one basket when people keep buying those eggs.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I would argue that SSC has indeed become a one horse show when it comes to 1/6. None of their other 12" lines, not even LOTR, come close to generating the buzz and sales of the Star Wars line. When you look at Cordelia with a relatively meager 1500 edition size still sitting there with no sign of selling out anytime soon, that's bad news. I guess I can't blame them for putting all their eggs in one basket when people keep buying those eggs.

Nice analogy:D

sueworld said:
So lets hear the reasons why we want our Wes!

An "Angel" Wesley is essential. In my opinion dark Wesley was the best thing about a show that had a whole lot of really good things going for it.*

I'll simply DIE if Sideshow doesn't make a Wesley.

And if they would pack him with a Lilah "accessory" I would gladly pay $150 for him.

*and a few lame ones - all named Conner!

I'm not saying the SW line hasn't taken dominance, in fact I had put this question out there when they first got the license of how much it would impact the other lines. This is nothing new, SW is the big daddy of licenses, always has been and I think it's sucking up alot of the collectors cash.
As for Cordy, there are some definite detractors there for alot of people with the big hair and the lazy eye for $45, and they have slipped these in pretty quietly, without much fanfare. Not to mention there are some other figures in the line that have turned people off, like the PG rooted hair, Willow and Faith, and the exposed joints on Subway Spike and PG Buffy. Without anything to really stimulate the old Buffy audience, I'm not surprised she isn't selling better. Personally i saved the $7 and ordered from alterego. All they really need is a good push from Joss and Co to get some more interest, and it doesn't look like SMG is setting the motion picture world on fire to the point where she can never say Buffy again.
Anyway, the SW line is already starting to lose some of that steam, starting with the Endor troopers and now the announcement of the mighty Bubo. At some point I think they will start to spread out their focus a bit.

I'm hoping that the SW hype dies down after the anniversary in May and they start to revisit the other lines.

And of course you have the new Buffy comic being released in March too to generate some buzz.

Mm i was going to say the new Buffy season 8 comic has been getting TONS of press and buzz so i pray, hopefully not in vain, that this will promt a much needed surge in buffy merchandise and we'll finally see some more Buffy and Angel Characters.
At least we got Giles... :monkey3

Well, it took how long for Buffy fans to get Giles? Using that as a guideline, Wesley isn't even on the horizon. And we can probably totally eliminate Doyle. :monkey2

Actually, if the Angel line continues, I expect we'll see Wesley. So far we've gotten Lorne and Cordelia....it's just a thought, but maybe the Angel gang will come faster.

I would love Doyle, but I don't expect him at all. He would be an absolutely fantastic surprise.

Josette said:
I would love Doyle, but I don't expect him at all. He would be an absolutely fantastic surprise.
But a character more essential to the storyline and character development of the show than a Salacious Crumb or Endor scout to $tar War$.
Without Doyle, Cordelia would never have become the character she did.

Back