Comic-Con Proposal - Show me your rooms!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adaymerced

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I tried this last year but didn't do it in time to get enough people. I'm putting together a proposal for Comic-Con International for a panel on fantastic comics & collectibles rooms (I REALLY don't want to use the phrase "mancave").

If you have a really tricked out room where you display your stuff, and can travel to San Diego between July 9-12 2015, I'm looking for panelists.

If the proposal gets selected, those on the panel will receive a 4 day plus preview night badge to Comic-Con. Travel and lodging would be your own responsibility as I'm just a private citizen with an idea. Although if a company wanted to sponsor, I wouldn't say no.

I've presented on panel at Comic-Con for the last five years and while there are no guarantees, I know the system and I think this topic would have a pretty good shot at getting selected. The proposal period starts in March, so I'm starting early this time.

Please post here and/or PM me if you're interested. In order to get started it would be helpful if folks posted pictures of their rooms here so the boards can really evaluate who's rooms are the most impressive.

I did in fact. I've got you on my list!!! But feel free to show off your pics here so folks have an idea what we're talking about!

Interesting idea! But you know catchy titles will get more attendees - I think "Show us your ManCave!" has a nice ring...

I haven't determined the title for the Comic-Con proposal idea. One of the panelists is a woman so I don't know about using the phrase "man caves". Any thoughts?

How about "Creating a collectibles showroom in your home"? Or "How to display collectibles at home". Or "Come see the room my significant other tolerates". :lol

Back