American Sniper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooper's performance is good, and I enjoyed the scenes where he was deployed, but the rest of the movie was a bit disjointed. Especially the ending.

It was well made, but a bit melodramatic. Cooper did well. I don't think it is Best Picture worthy.

The best part is the ending credits.

Looks he gave the film a praise.

I also remember my grandpa, who served in WWII, referring to snipers as cowards. :dunno

And wow, this movie made some bucks over the weekend. Not bad for a non comic/tween book related film.

Looks he gave the film a praise.

I also remember my grandpa, who served in WWII, referring to snipers as cowards. :dunno

And wow, this movie made some bucks over the weekend. Not bad for a non comic/tween book related film.

Some of his words were taken out of context. I really don't care what his opinion is. It's just that, an opinion. Seth Rogan said the film reminded him of the propaganda film in Inglorious Bastards.

Didn't like it.

From what I've read about Chris Kyle, he doesn't sound like a hero. Movie embellished a lot. I'm surprised Eastwood would go along with a lot of that stuff.

Also, I saw Selma on the se night. I thought it was way better.

Isn't this just making money off of the back of servicemen? Are they going to donate 51% of the profits to Kyle's widow or an wounded soldier program? Irregardless of whether it was a good movie or not. Even if they donate a small percentage, the movie studio is making millions, and Cooper's career gets a nice little boost.

Call it high horsing, but benefiting off someone else's work and sacrifice seems low. Zero Dark thirty, Act of Valor, American Sniper, makes millions while actual servicemen die waiting for VA service?

Isn't this just making money off of the back of servicemen? Are they going to donate 51% of the profits to Kyle's widow or an wounded soldier program? Irregardless of whether it was a good movie or not. Even if they donate a small percentage, the movie studio is making millions, and Cooper's career gets a nice little boost.

Call it high horsing, but benefiting off someone else's work and sacrifice seems low. Zero Dark thirty, Act of Valor, American Sniper, makes millions while actual servicemen die waiting for VA service?

If they are donating a majority percentage, then please forgive me. But I get the feeling the movie studio isn't doing that.

It was well made, but a bit melodramatic. Cooper did well. I don't think it is Best Picture worthy.

The best part is the ending credits.

:exactly: I agree......I stated in another thread after the ending credits and folks were leaving it was an eerie quite in the theater. The viewing we attend had many veterans tho so take it,as you will....

Really liked the movie.

We all know what Michael Moore thinks apparently...

He just wants hot dogs. Lots of them. :lecture

968full-team-america%3A-world-police-screenshot.jpg

It's a film made to entertain, and maybe inform and provide some insight into this situation, or the human condition, or whatever, but mostly to entertain. This isn't a documentary. Military films have been made going back to nearly the earliest days of cinema. And where would you draw the line here? Should filmmakers not benefit from work and sacrifice of scientists, musicians, philosophers, statesmen, athletes, etc. that are "immortalized" in film? It's not an entertainer's role to ensure that the military is treated appropriately. That's the government's job, and the people who elect government officials. I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Back