DarkHorse; Game of Thrones- Daenarys Targaryen w/Drogon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orko'sRevenge

Super Freak
Reaction score
I gotta have this! Will be revealed and displayed at Toy Fair 2015 convention in NY, February. :clap

614cf6729c808dd839d5aea1c38bd512_zps87af420d.jpg

e10d0fc4d6a19d0bcf732361e2242203_zpsd6f24976.jpg

74bf1839ad36977ca65561ff2b82e38a_zps58f7d063.jpg

Re: Game of Thrones- Daenarys Targaryen Mother of Dragons w/Drogon statue

I take it this is a Dark Horse statue? Looks fantastic, though Daenerys' likeness is off, which is to be expected.

Re: Game of Thrones- Daenarys Targaryen Mother of Dragons w/Drogon statue

Yes, Darkhorse. Why do you say "to be expected"? Its just a bit off on the likeness. Not enough to sway me from getting it though. Although if you google image Daenarys Targaryen, her face varies from picture to picture. This very scene was definitely what I wanted in terms of pose and environment. I wanted that or the one where she's naked and she has one of her baby dragons on her shoulder. That one would be a nice pose in 1:4 scale.

Daenerys-Targaryen-game-of-thrones-23107710-1600-1200.jpeg

I say that because all of the statues/figures that have been made of her have very poor likenesses, IMO. Don't get me wrong, though the poor likeness annoys me, it's only a minor complaint. I think this statue looks great, and it's supposedly 18 inches front to back, 13 inches side to side. Seems about 1/6 scale like the rest of their statues. If the paint turns out looking anything like that prototype, this will be very impressive.

I think the best likeness was actually the Dark Horse bust, which is based on the scene you linked, and I think it's 1/4 scale like you wanted - maybe a bit larger.

DaenerysBustGGDarkHorse03.jpg

I say that because all of the statues/figures that have been made of her have very poor likenesses, IMO. Don't get me wrong, though the poor likeness annoys me, it's only a minor complaint. I think this statue looks great, and it's supposedly 18 inches front to back, 13 inches side to side. Seems about 1/6 scale like the rest of their statues. If the paint turns out looking anything like that prototype, this will be very impressive.

I think the best likeness was actually the Dark Horse bust, which is based on the scene you linked, and I think it's 1/4 scale like you wanted - maybe a bit larger.

DaenerysBustGGDarkHorse03.jpg

Yes, I love the near accuracy of the bust. But really would like a full figured 1:4 scale of this if anything, since Im not a bust collector. Thats probably the best likeness Ive seen so far. Every time I see it, Im always tempted. But I like my statues with legs. :lol

I love me some Daeny, but not huge on the likeness. Also hair is really wonky.

I'd of love if GG got the rights to GoT, because Black Widow and Artemisia were spot on. Same could be said for these.

I like the bust, so thanks for showing that Xeno. gonna check that out.

Also Orko, there is a garage kit based on that scene. Not really accurate, but not bad for 70 at a sixth scale price. I'll see if I could find it, unless you have seen it already.

I love me some Daeny, but not huge on the likeness. Also hair is really wonky.

I'd of love if GG got the rights to GoT, because Black Widow and Artemisia were spot on. Same could be said for these.

I like the bust, so thanks for showing that Xeno. gonna check that out.
I could be wrong, but I think Dark Horse's Game of Thrones stuff is actually sculpted by Gentle Giant. I know my Dark Horse White Walker bust is. Yep "Sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios".

I wonder why the Daeny bust has such a good likeness whereas the Daeny & Drogon statue doesn't. Perhaps Gentle Giant only sculpted the busts.

But yeah, GG's Black Widow and Artemisia were incredible. Blows anything Sideshow's done in a while out of the water. The accuracy and overall paint quality on those pieces is just insane.

Speaking of kits - let's not forget this (click at your own risk)
You might want to mention there's nudity in the link, otherwise you could get in trouble.

I've seen that one as well. The likeness and dragon sculpts don't impress me very much, but that ass is a thing of beauty.

Duuuuude!! :horror I just opened that link at work. Im lucky nobody was standing around. :lol

Nice kit. Not really digging the face though, but I guess it doesnt necessarily have to look like the actress, just like the darkhorse one. But I would love to have an accurate depiction. Is this kit sold out?

That model kit is tempting--it's also the best Emilia Clarke likeness I've seen so far. I think she'd look great next to my 1/6 Yamato Ritual statue. The problem is, where would I sent it to get it assembled and painted, and how much extra would that cost me?

There are lots of unbelievably awesome model kits out there, but 99 times out of 100 the only way to purchase them is unassembled and unpainted, and I just don't have that skill set. Too bad. I'm going to send these guys an e-mail though, and see if they offer some sort of assembly and paint service.

Likeness is not there, but another issue for me is the huge footprint... Nowhere to display this thing.

Back