Star Wars Sequels!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the UK and can tell you the Daily Star is hardly a reliable source, on anything really :rolleyes:

Carrie and Mark haven't aged well, and by the time Lucas comes up with a script, Harrison will be 84.

As much as I think I'd like to see some SW sequels dealing with post ROTJ stuff. Well, unless Lucas is willing to let go of directing I don't want more of him behind the lens.

jlcmsu said:
As much as I think I'd like to see some SW sequels dealing with post ROTJ stuff. Well, unless Lucas is willing to let go of directing I don't want more of him behind the lens.

and if he leaves the scriptwriting to someone lese (Lawrence Kasdan please come to the front office).

****EXCLUSIVE****

The new villain of the series -

smalllucastrekkie.jpg

Darth Sweetums

Just wait to Lucas dies and his children will sell off the rights. It'll be just like when Dr. Seuss died. Michael bay will direct. We'll get Jim Carey as Jar-Jar's great grandson Flip-Flop and an aging Johny Depp as Luke. He will draw his inspiration from Jagger (gotta stick with the Stones) and we'll be forced to watch him chicken strut around in a jedi robe. Eddie Murphy through CGI and split screen will play all 6 of Mace's nephews.

The reason I don't believe it is that Harrison Ford is driven completely and entirely by money. There's no way he would turn down a $40 million paycheck. He turned down the chance to work with Steven Soderbergh in Traffic (a genuine opportunity for an artist). I heard him explain that he is an actor for hire and his going rate is $20 million--if someone pays him that, he stars in the movie. He doesn't care if it's Six Days, Seven Nights or Hollywood Homicide or whatever--he just puts in his time in front of the camera, collects his money, and goes back to the ranch. He is not an artist as much as a businessman and he wouldn't turn down that much money. He doesn't BS about it--he plainly admits that he is doing a job and won't work for less than his going rate, and will happily take work in a less than stellar project to collect his big fat wad of cash.

tomandshell said:
...He doesn't BS about it--he plainly admits that he is doing a job and won't work for less than his going rate, and will happily take work in a less than stellar project to collect his big fat wad of cash.

Sounds alot like a certain smuggler I know. :monkey3

pixletwin said:
Josh is a teacher and I never heard of anyone studying to be a teacher because they wanted to get rich.

Yeah, needless to say I'll never be rollin in it. :lol

I get rich it's just no in money but the difference I hopefully make as my students go through life.

$20 million dollars is easy to turn down in a hypothetical Internet forum discussion.

tomandshell said:
The reason I don't believe it is that Harrison Ford is driven completely and entirely by money. There's no way he would turn down a $40 million paycheck. He turned down the chance to work with Steven Soderbergh in Traffic (a genuine opportunity for an artist). I heard him explain that he is an actor for hire and his going rate is $20 million--if someone pays him that, he stars in the movie. He doesn't care if it's Six Days, Seven Nights or Hollywood Homicide or whatever--he just puts in his time in front of the camera, collects his money, and goes back to the ranch. He is not an artist as much as a businessman and he wouldn't turn down that much money. He doesn't BS about it--he plainly admits that he is doing a job and won't work for less than his going rate, and will happily take work in a less than stellar project to collect his big fat wad of cash.

Harrison Ford's my new freaking hero. He's all about the money, and everybody that has EVER been in a movie is all about the money. If it's about the craft of acting, then go join a theater in little town arkansas is that is true. Every actor who is in movies and says it's about the craft of acting, they are full of crap. They just want money and fame. Myself, I wouldn't mind the money, dont care about the fame crap; but I would do the SAME thing Ford does if I could.

tomandshell said:
he just puts in his time in front of the camera, collects his money, and goes back to the ranch. He is not an artist as much as a businessman

I think it's even more that he considers himself "retired in Wyoming" unless the paycheck is too much to pass up.

-theropod

Back